Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign (1661 Views)

Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / See The Typical Dashboard Of Danfos In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by laplace19(m): 11:29am On Oct 20, 2020
Please guys, how do I get rid of this red caution sign on my dashboard? It's 2007 Lexus ES 350. My mechanic has tried to wipe it out through his laptop yet it still comes back.
Also, the tire pressure and traction signs. For this purpose I bought new tyres with the same pressure gauge yet they are still there. I hate seeing signs on my dashboard.
Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
laplace19:
Please guys, how do I get rid of this red caution sign on my dashboard? It's 2007 Lexus ES 350. My mechanic has tried to wipe it out through his laptop yet it still comes back.
Also, the tire pressure and traction signs. For this purpose I bought new tyres with the same pressure gauge yet they are still there. I hate seeing signs on my dashboard.
Thanks in anticipation.

Pressure light is likely a TPMS issue. Just get the car scanned instead of trying multiple things, none of these look like major issues.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by AUTOSANDCARTALK: 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
laplace19:
Thanks in anticipation.

VSC stands for Vehicle Stability Control and it is advisable you fix what is/are causing the Check VSC to show on time.

Looking at it, the TPMS which stands for Tire Pressure Monitoring System error could mean your tyres are not appropriately gauged.

If the TPMS error is permanently fixed, tyres inflated appropriately, wheel balancing and alignment carried out on your car, the Check VSC error will go off.

All that said, we can help you to permanently fix the issue if you are in Lagos. We are at 2nd floor, 71a Shyllon Street. Palmgrove, Lagos.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by laplace19(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
AUTOSANDCARTALK:

VSC stands for Vehicle Stability Control and it is advisable you fix what is/are causing the Check VSC to show on time.

Looking at it, the TPMS which stands for Tire Pressure Monitoring System error could mean your tyres are not appropriately gauged.

If the TPMS error is permanently fixed, tyres inflated appropriately, wheel balancing and alignment carried out on your car, the Check VSC error will go off.

All that said, we can help you to permanently fix the issue if you are in Lagos. We are at 2nd floor, 71a Shyllon Street. Palmgrove, Lagos.
Thank you.
What about the red caution sign?

I'm based in umuahia and currently working in abakaliki. Should I see anyone around this place that can help me fix all of that.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by laplace19(m): 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Pressure light is likely a TPMS issue. Just get the car scanned instead of trying multiple things, none of these look like major issues.
Alright sir.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by AUTOSANDCARTALK: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
laplace19:

Thank you.
What about the red caution sign?

I'm based in umuahia and currently working in abakaliki. Should I see anyone around this place that can help me fix all of that.

The red caution light is courtesy the Check VSC error and once you fix the issue on the car, it will go off.

See a competent mechanic around your place. Ask or check if his or her scanner supports TPMS as well.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by 9icetoo(m): 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
You probably have a problem with your tpms.
If you have bought new tires and inflated them to spec (not above or below), then the only other possible problem is with the tire pressure sensors on the rim. One of them my have have a flat battery (I am assuming the pressure sensors are still mounted on your rims. The batteries are usually replaceable on some models (I don't know about Lexus). Though your vsc is off, it's not a death sentence on your car. If you drive responsibly, it shouldn't pose a problem.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by laplace19(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
AUTOSANDCARTALK:

The red caution light is courtesy the Check VSC error and once you fix the issue on the car, it will go off.

See a competent mechanic around your place. Ask or check if his or her scanner supports TPMS as well.
Thanks so much
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by yomifoster: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
I have the car too. It happens to my car occasionally as well. It is not a big problem. Dont bother your mind on it. In the 2010 version it has a button that can clear it. But in the 2008-09 version u have to use the handbrake and the normal brake to clear it. Ensure that your tyres are ok and then press the handbrake rapidly twice and do the same to your brake twice rapidly with two seconds interval between both leg presses. Thank me later. Sounds funny? But thats the way out. Thats what i use for mine since I bought it.

1 Like

Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by Presegs(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2020
yomifoster:
I have the car too. It happens to my car occasionally as well. It is not a big problem. Dont bother your mind on it. In the 2010 version it has a button that can clear it. But in the 2008-09 version u have to use the handbrake and the normal brake to clear it. Ensure that your tyres are ok and then press the handbrake rapidly twice and do the same to your brake twice rapidly with two seconds interval between both leg presses. Thank me later. Sounds funny? But thats the way out. Thats what i use for mine since I bought it.

You will just be stressing yourself if the cause of the TPMS error is a permanent one that needs fixing.

As you do those steps, it will keep coming back.
If you don't like the lights on your dashboard plus you don't want to be stressing yourself, then fix it once and for all.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by DGD1(m): 7:19am On Oct 22, 2020
Scan the car,
The catalyst can be the culprit, it has 3, two in front and one at the middle, under the car.

This lights wouldn't ever go out if its own catalysts are not installed.

Have a panel look at the exhaust for you.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by Presegs(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2020
DGD1:
Scan the car,
The catalyst can be the culprit, it has 3, two in front and one at the middle, under the car.

This lights wouldn't ever go out if its own catalysts are not installed.

Have a panel look at the exhaust for you.

Ha! !!

Check engine light didn't show. So therefore, not sure catalyst should be brought into this case.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by DGD1(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2020
Presegs:

Ha! !!

Check engine light didn't show. So therefore, not sure catalyst should be brought into this case.

If you are sure the check light has not been compromised, I congratulate you.

Then the leg brake stuff should work
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by Presegs(m): 10:46am On Oct 22, 2020
DGD1:

If you are sure the check light has not been compromised, I congratulate you.

Then the leg brake stuff should work

Hmmm! !!

That is not angle courtesy the handiwork of using black tape to cover the check engine light.

The owner should scan the car though in other to know the general condition of the car.
Re: Lexus Es 350 Dashboard Sign by Presegs(m): 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
laplace19:
Thanks in anticipation.

Let's Share Knowledge On And About TPMS; Here Is Mine => https://www.nairaland.com/6143767/lets-share-knowledge-tpms-here will help you the more.

(1) (Reply)

Sapa Can Never Catch Me:davido Says As He Posts His Cars Worth 753 Million Naira / Hire A Pertime Driver / Nissan Quest 2001 - Oil Light Comes On And Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.