Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... (86171 Views)

She Finally Carry Me Go HIV Test - The Result / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Sex With Prostitute: My HIV/AIDS Test And Result Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Fredd003: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=Psych412 post=95128094]You really dodge your village people grin cheesy[/quote

I tell u....
@,poster, pls be careful next time o. This is why it is good to marry on time n face front
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ayenale1(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:

If you read the conclusion you would have known the result sir. Anyway, it came out negative.

U better run another test to fully confirm and stop anything Bleep for now to stop spreading unknowingly

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by 99thEnemy(m): 4:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Localemperor:
that is why I hate unprotected sex
Reduces a great deal of pleasure but at the same time reduces the risk of some STD like HIV and Herpes
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by themanderon: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2020
Repent. You may never get a Third chance.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by adekS1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:
This is about the first story I'll be posting here, so please pardon my typo and I'll try to make it a short one.

I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her. She even got a customized Man United Jersey for me.. The first birthday gift I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2018, I decided to break up with her becos I met someone else whom I thought I would settle down with but that relationship turned out be my worst nightmare (story for another day). By January 2020 I decided I've had enough and quitted, then I reached out to my ex and mended things with her cos she never offended me and I didn't want to be lonely.

Our relationship was mainly sexual.. Sometimes without protection.

Fast forward, mid May 2020 she sent me a message asking when last I did an HIV test and I told her since August last year (a lie). I called her immediately and tried to know why she asked and she confessed that she has been diagnosed HIV positive since late last year and she has been battling with her conscience since we came back and started having unprotected sex.

Initially, I was very furious with her and myself. How could I make such a silly mistake?... How could I be so gullible as to trust a girl merely by her looks? She called, messaged and begged that I should forgive her but I told her to give me some space for the time being.

I became so scared of going for a test until last month (September) when I decided to meet her. We spoke at length and I was more traumatized when she told me that she wasn't in any sexual relationship since our break up in 2018... She thought I infected her. I was also confused because aside catarrh I've not treated even malaria since the beginning of this year. In fact since August last year I was only diagnosed with malaria and typhoid.

Conclusively, I decided to go with her to the hospital to conduct the test yesterday October 19, 2020. I prayed for a second chance as i waited anxiously in the Lab reception.

Finally, the "doctor" called me and told me the test result. Wow.. What a relief, I thank God Almighty for a second chance. I know HIV is not the end of the world, but what I feared the most and for most people out there is the stigma.

AND FOR MY NOW EX... I'll Like to sit down with her in order to know the truth. I want to know how she contracted HIV.
point of correction, the Medical Lab Scientist called you to tell you your result not Doctor.
In the Lab Medical lab Scientist run test not drs.
Hope its well taken.
I come in peace

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by 99thEnemy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
mousano:
You were busy using someone's daughter to play. You can break up and make up with her anytime you're lonely.

Thank God for you sha.
You want to learn how to play it with someones' son? grin Free tutorial available grin
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by lereinter(m): 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:

If you read the conclusion you would have known the result sir. Anyway, it came out negative.

Hahaha

Don't deceive yourself

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by DisLifeSha: 5:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
On a serious note, I don't really enjoy sex with condom. But you can never tell about these ladies. Some know that they've aids while some don't even know. I took break from sex for almost 5 years now because it's risky. It's better to have a wife

Bellotelli:

Abeg no let my BP begin rise again embarassed
I'll do the test again and am quite sure it will come.out negative.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Bellotelli: 5:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
adekS1:
point of correction, the Medical Lab Scientist called you to tell you your result not Doctor.
Hope its well taken.
I come in peace
See.. I know some of you want me to test positive, but y'all will be disappointed grin
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Raychee(f): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:

Sexual transmission amounts to more than 90%.

Statistics reference?

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by caye(m): 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:
This is about the first story I'll be posting here, so please pardon my typo and I'll try to make it a short one.

YAAWN!!!Another "Seun Must to Chop " Post o.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by worworbabe: 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
faithful2911:
Congrats!

I now fvck raw because I'm on Prep since last two months. cool

You can get the drug in pharmacy is just 5k, you can also get the drug for free if you have connections otherwise they only give it to health workers.

Goodluck.

Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP) is when people at risk for HIV take daily medicine to prevent HIV. PrEP can stop HIV from taking hold and spreading throughout your body. When taken daily, PrEP is highly effective for preventing HIV from sex or injection drug use. PrEP is much less effective when it is not taken consistently.
Studies have shown that PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV from sex by about 99% when taken daily. Among people who inject drugs, PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV by at least 74% when taken daily.

emtricitabine/tenofovir (truvada ).

The same drug is also used to prevent HIV.

modified
For those quoting me out of ignorance. There's a difference between PreP and PEP. PreP is 99.9% effective against HIV even couples use it to produce negative babies when one partner is positive.
Also there is a very strong PEP against all bacterial infections.

Oral se.x only carries hypothetical risk(theoretical risk), in reality the risk is almost zero.
Even if you kiss 1000 people you can't contract HIV.

You are one of the problems of this Country. And shamelessly so. Buying what is meant to be free for a specific kind of the populace and promoting it to others. I am sure you were shouting #endsars some weeks ago. Shame on you.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by emoney09: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
Really
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sawzer:

I've read it on this same nairaland that some girlfriend visit their boyfriend and use their toothbrush and every useable angry
what sort of girl is that? when it comes to hygiene its girls who tend to be more freakish about it cheesy
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Kabir5643(m): 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
superior1:
Your story get as e be

Anyway, I advice you to take a second test to reconfirm you aren’t a biological weapon and disaster

This comment gat me in tears. Lmaoooooooo

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by worworbabe: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
faithful2911:
Congrats!

I now fvck raw because I'm on Prep since last two months. cool

You can get the drug in pharmacy is just 5k, you can also get the drug for free if you have connections otherwise they only give it to health workers.

Goodluck.

Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP) is when people at risk for HIV take daily medicine to or preventthe HIV. PrEP can stop HIV from taking andhold and spreading throughout your body. When taken daily, PrEP is highly effective for preventing HIV from sex or injection drug use. PrEP is much less effective when it is not taken consistently.
Studies have shown that PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV from sex by about 99% when taken daily. Among people who inject drugs, PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV by at least 74% when taken daily.

emtricitabine/tenofovir (truvada ).

The same drug is also used to prevent HIV.

modified
For those quoting me out of ignorance. There's a difference between PreP and PEP. PreP is 99.9% effective against HIV even couples use it to produce negative babies when one partner is positive.
Also there is a very strong PEP against all bacterial infections.

Oral se.x only carries hypothetical risk(theoretical risk), in reality the risk is almost zero.
Even if you kiss 1000 people you can't contract HIV.

You are one of the problems of this Country. And shamelessly so. Buying what is meant to be free for a specific kind of the populace and promoting it to others. I am sure you were shouting #endsars some weeks ago. Shame on you.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ManishSmith(m): 5:47am On Nov 02, 2020
DragonFire433:

Then we can crown him as Mr HIV knacker and destroyer.

Exactly!
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Rossycee(f): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2020
Bellotelli:

I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her. She even got a customized Man United Jersey for me.. The first birthday gift I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2018, I decided to break up with her becos I met someone else whom I thought I would settle down with but that relationship turned out be my worst nightmare (story for another day). By January 2020 I decided I've had enough and quitted, then I reached out to my ex and mended things with her cos she never offended me and I didn't want to be lonely.

Our relationship was mainly sexual.. Sometimes without protection.

Fast forward, mid May 2020 she sent me a message asking when last I did an HIV test and I told her since August last year (a lie). I called her immediately and tried to know why she asked and she confessed that she has been diagnosed HIV positive since late last year and she has been battling with her conscience since we came back and started having unprotected sex.

Initially, I was very furious with her and myself. How could I make such a silly mistake?... How could I be so gullible as to trust a girl merely by her looks? She called, messaged and begged that I should forgive her but I told her to give me some space for the time being.

I became so scared of going for a test until last month (September) when I decided to meet her. We spoke at length and I was more traumatized when she told me that she wasn't in any sexual relationship since our break up in 2018... She thought I infected her. I was also confused because aside catarrh I've not treated even malaria since the beginning of this year. In fact since August last year I was only diagnosed with malaria and typhoid.

Conclusively, I decided to go with her to the hospital to conduct the test yesterday October 19, 2020. I prayed for a second chance as i waited anxiously in the Lab reception.

Finally, the doctor called me and told me the test result. Wow.. What a relief, I thank God Almighty for a second chance. I know HIV is not the end of the world, but what I feared the most and for most people out there is the stigma.

AND FOR MY NOW EX... I'll Like to sit down with her in order to know the truth. I want to know how she contracted HIV.
Still go for another test after 3 months and another in 3months time making it 6months cos the first 3 months is said to be a 'window period' in which the virus cannot be detected. Be safe.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Rossycee(f): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2020
kennyflames:
U get luck my bro
But HIV can not only be contracted from sex

There are possible ways of her contracting it

Meanwhile there is no how u would have sex with an infected lady and not be infected

Oga your story no join abi u dey wyne us grin

Tell us d Truth na

That's not true. Some people have a strong immune system. So there is a possibility of having sex with an infected person and not getting infected..But remember it's a game of chance. There is also a possibility that the gal is taking her ARV and has a low viral load reason why she didn't infect him. He only did the test once and need to repeat it to be sure he's safe.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Rossycee(f): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2020
adetayoonas:

Haba. See lies. The pep or prep has no side effects oo. It can't kill. Why do people just tell lies in unverified stories. Haba. Why this gross misinformation.
Protect yourself. Use PEP after any unprotected sex.
Stop misleading people. PEP and PrEP both has side effects. Eg.. Liver damage, kidney failure just to mention but a few.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Rossycee(f): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2020
criuze:
what concerns me with HIV Is the day medication, what if you skip it, it may became worse
It's advisable not to skip it but if Paraventure you do, make sure you take it immediately.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by kennyflames(m): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rossycee:

That's not true. Some people have a strong immune system. So there is a possibility of having sex with an infected person and not getting infected..But remember it's a game of chance. There is also a possibility that the gal is taking her ARV and has a low viral load reason why she didn't infect him. He only did the test once and need to repeat it to be sure he's safe.

Modified my post

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by kennyflames(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rossycee:

I've modified it sir

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by kennyflames(m): 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
fof1:

You are very Wrong. Pls go and Find out.

Modified cool
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ademola964(m): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
Chris2863:
I seriously wish I could go for test now but fear of hearing the unknown prevents me. I made out with one random lady early July. Had sore throat and malaria twice since then though always last for just a day or or twice, had muscle tingling also. I have been scared all these while and I blame myself for being stupid. Funny enough, I kept myself for over 3yrs till that day and didn’t even last up to 5 mins as I got called from wok.

You can get self test kit and know your status in the comfort of your room its easy to use and its just by your saliva only

I can sell for you if u need
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ademola964(m): 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
Dickson178:
This is almost what happen to me. I met this girl last year december,so i started dating and we also had a sex still that december till march,we normally had a sex 2days in a week(but am always using condom anytime we had a sex) .Unfortunatly she text me that she's H.I.V+ .i was afraid at that moment ,i even started crying thinking how am living a short life. But my mind was telling me u always had a sex with condom,why will u be afraid. Then i clean my tears and text her back that you're the one H.I.V+ Not me. She boldly texting me the second time that she has contacted me with H.I.V. I started crying again asking my self ,i dn't have money for test and for drugs(bcus i hav'nt went for text b4 and i struggle man alone to eat). I block her that moment,started thinking . Then i said with my mind that,since i dn't have money for test,lemme stay and check the symtom of H.I.V in my body. I break up with d girl immediatly in march this year. But up till now i hav'nt went for test and am living comfortable.

You can get yourself self test kit its cheap n easy to use . you only use it with your saliva and not blood
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Chris2863(m): 8:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
ademola964:

You can get self test kit and know your status in the comfort of your room its easy to use and its just by your saliva only

I can sell for you if u need
How much?
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ademola964(m): 1:06am On Nov 03, 2020
Chris2863:

How much?

Its quite cheap jus #2500

WhatsApp
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by xband: 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2020
Psych412:
really

thanks
Nwanyi-Oma you make sense die.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by faithful2911(m): 1:24am On Nov 07, 2020
hermesprogidy:

You still should not Bleep raw because you are on Prep. There is still a chance you can get infected.
PrEP is 99% effective.
In certain studies where 1000 people were administered PrEP, they all came out negative after high risk exposures.
cool

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ceaser: 5:16am On Nov 07, 2020
adekS1:
Hope its well taken.
I come in peace

Stop misleading people. Very soon you'll start arrogating treatment of patients to yourselves. Who sees the patients?(who does a patient consult when ill?) Even you as a scientist, I put it to you that when you or your kids feel unwell, who do you take 'em to visit in the hospital? The doctor or your fellow scientist? Who requests the test? By the time the test is ready, is it the person who performs it or the person who requests it that rightfully informs the patient of his/her test result?

I know you have heard of pathologists before but you will conveniently evade the truth in order to satisfy your whims and caprices.

@ Bellotelli and every other unbiased reader, for now do not take his word or mine for it. Rather, conduct your own independent investigation on who the Pathologist is and who a medical lab scientists is. Then make your informed choice of knowledge. Do not let anyone bamboozle you with their clout chasing, trying hard to change people's perception of themselves and trying so hard to make themselves what they are not.

Why would a Medical Lab Scientists tell a patient the result for chrissakes? That's seriously unethical and a patient who knows his/her right can sue that scientist for going outside his job description. Do you know that to ensure confidentiality, test results when ready are usually stapled/enveloped when handed over to the receiver until it gets to the physician?

HIV tests are certainly already stapled/sealed/enveloped at the point of receipt and if the physician realises that the seal is broken by the time the result gets to him, then he can rightly raise an eyebrow to that irregularity, especially if the bearer of the test result is not the patient.

Again I say this, quit misleading people. Your lies can only go on for so long, the infallible truth will trump it in no time.

Exodora:
Tell her to do another test but then in a different hospital , she might not be positive .
In 2011, I was very down sick , there was cholera outbreak so went to this stupid hospital ooo.
That was how the foolish doctor proclaimed me HIV positive . The doctor directed me to general hospital were I carried out a test but the result came out negative . I took the result to the hospital the doctor sent me back ,when I got to the general hospital .They sent me back to the hospital again .
The doctor asked me some stupid questions about my life styles which I explained lucky me , I had a boyfriend but then we were not into sex already cause I know that is the easiest way people contract it .The doctor says I must have contracted it through kissing then , I felt so stupid going back to general hospital again and again , so decided not to go again.
To cut the story short am still alive and strong without any drugs since then and my boyfriend is even married with kids.
Last year same hospital proclaimed one man positive and the man has being living in guilt only to carry out another test in a different hospital this year and discovered he was negative . He went to the hospital they told him there must have being a mistake .
So your girlfriend should have another test but then in a different hospital to ascertain if it's same with the first result . Cause hospitals can be careless at time expect she is has being living a reckless life.

@ Bellotelli, that up there is exactly the danger inherent in the irregularity of that medical lab scientist's claim.

You see, medical tests is at best a guide and is not meant to be used alone as diagnostic criteria. It requires being combined with well grounded clinical skills that the doctor has before a definitive diagnosis is arrived at. In fact, medical/clinical acumen alone is often enough/ethically allowed to make diagnosis than medical tests alone without clinical acumen backing. This is because medical practice is to a large extent based on general clinical condition of the patient and also on epidemiology (simply put, common illnesses among specific population), so a doctor in a local community in let's say a place like Koko with very limited health facility can safely assume that a patient coming with complaints of fever, headache and vomiting likely has malaria, treat him/her for that a the patient gets better. In the same vein, a patient in/travelling from Lassa, Benue state coming with fever, headache with or without unusual bleeding in the peak months of Lassa fever outbreak will first be taken as a potential case of Lassa fever before considering malaria fever and treated along that line too. Medical tests may need to be carried out to determine if it's Lassa or ordinary malaria, but even in the absence of test facilities, the doctor may safely treat Lassa symptoms and get it right.

Test results are not 100% error proof. Lab scientists as the name rightly implies, are basically trained laboratory scientists. In contrast, the doctor like the scientists is trained in both laboratory processes, in Clinical acumen and a number of other health relevant stuffs.

That is why in terms of clinical condition of the patient, if a PCV test result tells a doctor that the patient is anaemic (short of blood), the doctor will look (fully examine) the patient to determine if the stigmata suggestive of anaemia are in that patient. He must have done this before even requesting for the test so it's just a second look. If the patient features say otherwise, then the doctor will seek a repeat test result either from the same facility or from a different testing facility.

This is the stark difference between "test driven" ideology and "medical driven" ideology.

Medical lab scientists will tell you that you have Low Sperm Count (even if the scientist is hard pressed to reveal the test result to you before you get to your doctor, the correct way to say it should have been "you MAY have low sperm count, but your doctor will determine if that is the case".) if your test result shows such. Meanwhile there are several pre-analytic, analytic and post -analytic events (events between the point of collection of the sperm sample up till the point you are issued your result) that may bring out a false positive result. Because that is the only work they assert, a lab scientist believes so much in the test that he/she will insist you have that disease without minding other vital statistics.

The health provider in that private clinic (who may truly be a doctor that has failed to update himself enough to be in tune with current trends, but more likely a lab scientist posing as a medical doctor - which is very epidemic) ignored the fact that there can be "false positive" test result and so he instructed the patient to go to the General hospital to start treatment. Meanwhile the doctors at the general hospital must have properly taken a comprehensive patient history (to determine risk assessment), clinical examination (to determine features suggestive of HIV infection) and repeat test (which must have been negative) and then juxtaposed it with the test he brought from that private clinic to conclude that the patient was not HIV positive.

I took the time for the comprehensive write up just for the sake of the general readers here so as to help 'em avoid the pitfalls that ravages the health sector in that country Nigeria, such nonsense that does not happen in places with standard best practices.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Her Stretch Marks Are Getting Black... Advice Needed Please. / Enlarge your BREAST,HIP,BUTT and VIRGINA TIGHTENING ETC / A Kidney Now Costs $262,000; Heart, $119,000, UN Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.