Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters (50681 Views)

Were #EndSARS Protesters Not Killed At Lekki Tollgate As MC Oluomo Claimed? / EndSARS: Gunshots In Jos As Police And Protesters Clash / #endsars: Sporadic Shootings In Abuja As Soldiers Disperse Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by melzabull(f): 1:34am On Oct 21, 2020
michaelpop50:

Seun is a low life degenerate.
I agree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:12am On Oct 21, 2020
michaelpop50:

Seun is a low life degenerate.
mynd44
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:13am On Oct 21, 2020
michaelpop50:

You will die in your sleep tonight
ruggedmallam report them.
Mynd44
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by sameks08(m): 2:27am On Oct 21, 2020
sureteeboy:
This has been circulating on twitter and Instagram since. I'm surprised it's just hitting the front page now. There was a country sad
By the way, where the hell is MANNABBQ? Come and celebrate your "darling daddy" please
he is online but just change account to love demmanna stupid fool
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by iykemusttalk: 3:21am On Oct 21, 2020
mustafaa:
We lost the goodwill of this Endsars movement the moment we couldn't resist the urge to want it all at once.

I mean...SARS gave us the opportunity to reform the Nigerian police and end SARS. Why can't we just celebrate the wins, go home and wait for other opportunities?

The reviewing of 2021 budget is ongoing. And the best time to protest for reduction in the cost of governance would've been when approved. These are the opportunities we should have been looking out for. I mean... raw opportunities. But we just blow them away. We want to kill many birds with one stone.

Showing overwhelming influence; roasting cows, drinking and partying on the roads while innocent citizens suffer. Haba!

We gave the government the reason to infiltrate hoodlums into the peaceful protest and now they have enough reason to fight back.

God heal us.
You're a heartless and useless fellow�
May you be killed by soldiers... Stupid and useless Human being

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by isaythetruth(m): 3:25am On Oct 21, 2020
ChristoBam:
They shot live rounds at protesters. Don't report nonsense please!! They trapped them and shot at them!!! Meanwhile the news media and blogs like nairaland are reporting trash. Investigate before you push news to the front page.

Citizens of this country fighting for our rights by engaging in a sit in protest, holding the Nigerian flag and singing the national anthem were shot at by Nigerian soldiers. Their bodies were loaded into trucks!!

All my life, I've never seen anything like this!!
so sad, the same soldiers that can't confront bokoharam, they are fast to show their strength on defenceless citizens, God punish all of them..... idiots everywhere, from top to bottom!..... The same nonsense played out in ABA today, though ABA people turned violent and burnt down police station and killed some police men... All of a sudden soldiers everywhere, it was like a coup took place with uncountable number of army personnel on the streets shooting guns, it was like war yesterday!
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by isaythetruth(m): 3:35am On Oct 21, 2020
that is there game plan, they recruit hoodlums, miscreants and hooligans to come and disrupt the protest and make it violent, so that they can find a reason to impose curfew, they shoot us to put fear in us for us to back down, but once we back down.... we all are finished, it will embolden tyranny.

.... Chineke Ga akpo unu oku!
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by mikeget804: 3:55am On Oct 21, 2020
Basher8583:

Sorry to break the bubble but you as a citizen don't count. Even your vote doesn't count. The decision is made at the high level. That's how it's done every where even in USA. Ever heard of electoral college?
Your vote doesn't count. You decision doesn't count. That's just the sad truth

Bros, be reminded that the people are bigger than the electoral college. If the people decide to bring down the electoral college, there little or nothing the electoral college can do!

I repeat again! No government is bigger than it's citizen.

#Endbadgovernment#
#powertothepeople#

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by gifty99200(f): 6:01am On Oct 21, 2020
I had this dream long ago on the day buhari was declared winner of the presidential election. I saw hoodlums entering into peoples houses and slaughtering those that voted for APC, Today 20/10/20 the dream has finally come true , We voted for murderers.
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by olatt126: 6:16am On Oct 21, 2020
bad governance
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Tunks2017(m): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2020
Very sad day !!! cry

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Openbusiness: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2020
danilmo:

u are one of the reason why this protest fails.. we are requesting for a system overhauling of Nigerian decayed system from 90s but since ure politicised it we the protesters are divided already. what has APC got to do with our protest..

so we should now vote PDP in Lagos 2023 in ur right senses bah

abeg swerve.
Mr man if your brain is leaking go and sellotape it. Is PDP the only alternative party, did I mention PDP? I don't think you're ok at all. Check my posts, do I look like a PDP supporter to you? Of all the parties to support, it is PDP that is as useless and evil as APC that I will now support? Anyway, just mark this down Tinubu APC / ACN should forget Lagos in 2023. Una cup don full. We will vote you out.
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Osek(m): 10:13am On Oct 21, 2020
primestreams:
We will take this country down
Aswear person nor dey fall pass ground.... A New Nigeria here will come
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by grandstar(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2020
mustafaa:
We lost the goodwill of this Endsars movement the moment we couldn't resist the urge to want it all at once.

I mean...SARS gave us the opportunity to reform the Nigerian police and end SARS. Why can't we just celebrate the wins, go home and wait for other opportunities?

The reviewing of 2021 budget is ongoing. And the best time to protest for reduction in the cost of governance would've been when approved. These are the opportunities we should have been looking out for. I mean... raw opportunities. But we just blow them away. We want to kill many birds with one stone.

Showing overwhelming influence; roasting cows, drinking and partying on the roads while innocent citizens suffer. Haba!

We gave the government the reason to infiltrate hoodlums into the peaceful protest and now they have enough reason to fight back.

God heal us.

Can't you see the handwriting on the wall?

I think you miss the point. I myself wished the protests would have come to an end last week but I was mistaken. I complained here on Nairaland that since government has scrapped SARS, these protests should end, that the protests were badly affecting my business.

There was massive backlash to my complaint here on Nairaland that I'm only interested in my business and not interested in the polity.

People are angry, they are seething! It is going beyond the SARS issue now. The suffering in the land and the insecurity all round has large patches of the citizenry angry.

Even before the pandemic, the economy was in a squalid state. Economic growth was a meagre 2% last year unlike the 6% enjoyed yearly until 2014. Buhari economic policies (not APC) grounded the economy and sent it into a severe recession.

The economy now is so bad that the government had to run to the IMF for a rescue. For PMB to do that, a notorious Statist to dine with the IMF hinted at the very grim state of the economy.

The security situation in the country is getting worse. The savagery of the Fulani nomads has been left relatively unchecked. The cross border Fulani marauder and criminal gangs have been a thorn in the flesh of Northerners. It's so bad in some areas up North that government had to ban mining in Zamfara state.

Shooting of protesters was what brought down the Suharto regime in Indonesia. I can't say for certain what the ominous shootings will lead to but I'm certain it will make the protesters only angrier, unpredictable and more determined than ever before to see that their demands are met and that the government pays a big price for death of fellow protesters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Basher8583: 10:56am On Oct 21, 2020
mikeget804:

Bros, be reminded that the people are bigger than the electoral college. If the people decide to bring down the electoral college, there little or nothing the electoral college can do!

I repeat again! No government is bigger than it's citizen.

#Endbadgovernment#
#powertothepeople#
I just told you the sad truth and you refuse to accept it. Well that's your problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Osinbajo Told Buhari On Phone Before Sacking DSS Boss, Daura / Four Plus Zero - Nigerians Say No To Buhari / Drunk Policeman Falls Into The Gutter In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.