Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. (4230 Views)

Jagaban Challenge Trending In The North - Tinubu Is So Popular / FFK And Dele Momodu On Tinubu And 2023 / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blasts Bourdillon And 2023 Presidential 'Hope-Fools' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by remigiusizunna(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2020
10yrs old Facebook account for sale
Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Shattuck(m): 8:00am On Oct 23, 2020
Tejuri:

Everything in Nigeria is tribal wether you like it or not.

I am not saying Tinubu doesn’t deserve all this, he is a bastard who sold out his own people for some imaginary goal the North will never let him reach but Yoruba’s are standing up to their oppressor, the Igbos should stand up to theirs too and stop cheering for Tinubu’s destruction, face their own oppressors and together we will all be free. Find CSP Nwafor, Peter Obi was complicit too, stop selling him to us as an angel!
look I am neither Yoruba Igbo or Hausa but let me tell you what I noticed during the past two weeks of protest is this the Yoruba and Igbo have more in common than you know, nigeria faces a bigger threat, there are powers whose sole aim is to keep Yoruba and Igbo constantly divided you know who that may be, when the protest started it was run town and psquare they are igbos the best thing a southern president can do for nigeria in2023 is to call for restructuring or a referendum. I saw how folks were calm from other region some even thought it was about removing buhari from office for nigeria to see the light the Yoruba and Igbo tribe must unite I can't stress this enough.

1 Like

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Back2Daura(m): 8:15am On Oct 23, 2020
Igbos are burning their state too. It is a bottled up anger for a better country not tribe

1 Like

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Madmadrevo(m): 9:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Tejuri:

I am not saying Tinubu doesn’t deserve all this, he is a bastard who sold out his own people for some imaginary goal the North will never let him reach but Yoruba’s are standing up to their oppressor, the Igbos should stand up to theirs too and stop cheering for Tinubu’s destruction, face their own oppressors and together we will all be free. Find CSP Nwafor, Peter Obi was complicit too, stop selling him to us as an angel!
Igbo's are not controlled by one man just like the yoruba's,tell me that state with a godfather in igboland apart from abia and I will tell u that osun,ogun and Lagos is being controlled by Tinubu alone,y won't the yoruba's be mad at him?
Back2Daura:
Igbos are burning their state too. It is a bottled up anger for a better country not tribe
Tejuri:

Igbo's are not controlled by one man just like the yoruba's,tell me that state with a godfather in igboland apart from abia and I will tell u that osun,ogun and Lagos is being controlled by Tinubu alone,y won't the yoruba's be mad at him?
Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Tejuri(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Shattuck:
look I am neither Yoruba Igbo or Hausa but let me tell you what I noticed during the past two weeks of protest is this the Yoruba and Igbo have more in common than you know, nigeria faces a bigger threat, there are powers whose sole aim is to keep Yoruba and Igbo constantly divided you know who that may be, when the protest started it was run town and psquare they are igbos the best thing a southern president can do for nigeria in2023 is to call for restructuring or a referendum. I saw how folks were calm from other region some even thought it was about removing buhari from office for nigeria to see the light the Yoruba and Igbo tribe must unite I can't stress this enough.

I can stand behind this. The only problem is "they" will probably assassinate any southern president who tries to do this.
Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by 7lives: 10:20am On Oct 23, 2020
Tejuri:
The chances of the south uniting is quite slim sadly. It’s a pipe dream, so much distrust between us.

Let everyone go and burn the region, enough of burning and looting in Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by 7lives: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2020
codemaniacs:

it can never happen... the only thing that should happen is having a quarterly meeting of states in southern Nigeria just like the A:frican union, E:uropean union, you don't see europeans screaming for unity...

for unity to happen, one person must lead and not everyone will be pleased with that person, some people will work towards destroying that person.

that's one of the reasons why our ancestors lived independently as ethnic nations, people from different ethnic nations can never unite, they can only work towards similar goals ( e.g A.U, E:U e.t.c.).

Break the damn country abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by 7lives: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2020
ProT:

You, Tinubu, Peter Obi and other id1ots like u, are the enemies.

Divide and rule kee u there!

Divide and rule? People's investments have been looted go to surulere, and verify.

1 Like

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by okpalaAnambra: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2020
Tejuri:
This is my personal opinion of what I think is going on right now. First of all, the end is very near for Ahmed Tinubu, it has been mistake after mistakes all in his quest to be in the good books of the powers that be from the North.

The Lekki massacre was a perfectly orchestrated plan to weaken BAT. There was a prison break and civil unrest in Edo state, Obaseki wasn’t called out and no army battalion was sent to the street, the parts of Lagos with no business connections to Tinubu also suffered unrest and soldiers weren’t sent there either, but a peaceful group of protesters at the Lekki toll gate, widely rumored to be part owned by a Tinubu controlled company gets a visit from an army battalion and people where killed.

So here is what I think happened: Tinubu was tricked into agreeing to allow soldiers be used to disperse the protesters at the toll gate, probably with assurances it will be properly executed but those who reached out to him with this plan do not care about dispersing the protesters, their plan was to go there, kill a few people, injure many and let the people turn on the man who’s interest they think the army was there to protect. A man of Tinubu’s wealth can’t be affected by losing a few millions due to the toll gates closure for a few days but due to Tinubu’s eagerness to always be in the good books of the North he eagerly agreed with them and an attack was carried out on his own people.
Now his businesses interests are being attacked, his popularity among his own people is at an all time low, and considering he isn’t exactly popular anywhere outside the SW, if he loses Lagos like those who keep leading him on from Abuja are planning, his political dynasty is dead and buried, he had a good run though.

The consequences of all this is that once again outside forces have used Yorubas to destroy one of their own. An Army battalion who are not answerable to anyone but their commander in chief who is the president attacked a group of protesters and somehow a man who has held no political office for decades is somehow being regarded as the primary culprit. The Northerners are sitting this out at least publicly like the sly strategists they are but the Easterners are cheering on publicly and calling for Tinubu’s properties to be burnt down while CSP Nwafor who killed hundreds of youths and dumped them in a river is still roaming free, Peter Obi who was governor of that state at that time is their preferred candidate for president and the angel who for them will turn Nigeria into heaven, they are quick to criticize the Yoruba’s and their leaders but shield theirs even when they commit the most brazen of crimes.

Yoruba’s slandering Tinubu remember when your enemy is cheering you on when you’re doing something, you should probably stop and rethink what you’re doing. I drop my pen.

Your tribal approach and emotions spoilt the whole write up already
Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Shattuck(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2020
Tejuri:

I can stand behind this. The only problem is "they" will probably assassinate any southern president who tries to do this.

then we have to be on guard nigeria needs to get rid of quota system of politics of numerical advantage of political affiliation through religion. as long as this remain there will always be problem.
Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Tejuri(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Shattuck:
then we have to be on guard nigeria needs to get rid of quota system of politics of numerical advantage of political affiliation through religion. as long as this remain there will always be problem.
The Northerners from the very birth of Nigeria has rigged the game, when the 1999 constitution was written again, the southern elites like the sellouts they are didn't object.
What you are saying we do requires a vote in the senate and house of reps because we will need to amend the constitution. Who is the majority in that house or reps and senate? You know. It's not looking good for us at all.
The only saving grace for us right now would have been the southern elites backed by the masses in one voice saying we have had enough of being lorded by the north, the southern masses alone can not do it, the establishment will send soldiers to kill people down here under the guise that they are terrorist separatist who hates the north, the northerners will buy this rhetoric and start killing southerners living in the north, it will just be total chaos.

1 Like

Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by plessis: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
duality:
Please where is ngeneukwenu in all of these.

Just asking ooh

hiding under the moniker cilicmarin
Re: The North, Tinubu, Lekki Massacre And 2023. by Shattuck(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
Tejuri:
The Northerners from the very birth of Nigeria has rigged the game, when the 1999 constitution was written again, the southern elites like the sellouts they are didn't object.
What you are saying we do requires a vote in the senate and house of reps because we will need to amend the constitution. Who is the majority in that house or reps and senate? You know. It's not looking good for us at all.
The only saving grace for us right now would have been the southern elites backed by the masses in one voice saying we have had enough of being lorded by the north, the southern masses alone can not do it, the establishment will send soldiers to kill people down here under the guise that they are terrorist separatist who hates the north, the northerners will buy this rhetoric and start killing southerners living in the north, it will just be total chaos.
hmm but first we just need to begin to speak with one voice. without a firm will nothing will change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transport Fare Rises By 35% In 12 Months, Says NBS Report / Military Dumping Boko-Haram Dead Bodies (Video) / Why Jonathan Is Not Campaigning In Kano- Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.