Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others (62524 Views)

Aranmolate Ayobami: ‘We Treated 15 Lekki Tollgate Shooting Victims’ / Lekki Shooting Victims Storm Lagos Panel Of Inquiry / Nigerian Army Denies Moving 20 Lekki Shooting Victims To IDH Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by delpee(f): 7:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Seun:
Vice presidents have no power, only influence. The VP can talk to the president but if he disagrees, there's nothing the VP can do. And we all know that the president can be very ... determined.

That's true sadly.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by fabsyl(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2020
but a certain SOAB whose mentor is Lai Mohd denied any death
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by adadike(f): 7:37am On Oct 22, 2020
baliyubla:
This one heart never finish to the give out? Every time “my heart goes out”.

Coward even had to wait for Jubrin to sleep before sending out tweets.
My dear that man is in bondage. We don't even know the secret oath he took with the cabals. The cabal could kill him as soon as he resigns
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Alexis11: 7:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Seun:
Vice presidents have no power, only influence. The VP can talk to the president but if he disagrees, there's nothing the VP can do. And we all know that the president can be very ... determined.

All these people dragging Osinbajo have ulterior motives abeg.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by thelish(f): 7:45am On Oct 22, 2020
Ur heart is always going out.
It will go out n not return very soon

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by danilmo: 7:47am On Oct 22, 2020
Lush100:
Let me just caution.
Youth think
Think and think again.
You all have been played into fighting the wrong person.
Yes Tinubu is a politician but the problem right now is govt.
There is an agenda to take Nigeria over using the north. Buhari might even be out of "sight"
Go and look at all the the appointment in all the ministries and parastatals.
All are notherners about 98% are northerners.
All the properties burnt are supposedly owned by Tinubu and u are here shouting against Tinubu. Will Tinubu burn his own properties?
How come all media publication, houses , hotels, tollgate supposedly owned by Tinubu were torched but dangote refinery was left.
How come Tinubu is in the same ruling party but also in the opposition.
See Tinubu is the only check and balance against the powers of govt against the Southwest whether pdp or apc or whatever. I don't like him but
You need money to fight battles and if Tinubu is gone they will run Southwest over like they have run other eastern states of which Wike is the only opposition trying to curb it.
Youth think.
Fight against the northinization agenda and for a new Nigeria and when we are through we would visit Tinubu and other politician matter.

My 2kobo

God bless I bro.. we need him to win this battle first. I'm very worried wen some Yoruba folksnjoin people to also attack Tinubu, I feel they are ignorant of what's going on.

wen we win this battle, we ll visit tinubu , deal with him ourself and not by some Igbo politicising , making odd conspiracy against him..
May God bless us..
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by lexy2014: 7:49am On Oct 22, 2020
thelish:
Ur heart is always going out.
It will go out n not return very soon

D heart is going out to buy akara

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by lexy2014: 7:49am On Oct 22, 2020
Alexis11:

All these people dragging Osinbajo have ulterior motives abeg.

What are d ulterior motives?
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by lexy2014: 7:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Seun:

He can resign. That's what he can do
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by backbone503(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Thats just a diplomatic way of saying "let's forget about it".

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by ijewerek(m): 8:04am On Oct 22, 2020
thaoriginator:

These people are damn crazy men!

They will ignore and wait until damages are done before they come and start talking rubbish. Talking about justice.

Bro, there will never be justice!

Only God can Judge you motherfuckerrrrrs!

Assuming you acted swiftly from the beginning, many lives would have been saved.

You're all pretenders!

You don't really care about us!
Oh my God, can you imagine what a VP is saying. You failed all of us.
Must you remain in power, this things happened under your nose and you are talking to those in the hospital.
You are a pastor and laser yet you can't do the right thing for ones. You are not different from Buhari. The blood are in ur head and you must rip what you sol.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Adegboladedayo: 8:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Mr president need to give order to military to clamp down now. Bcs this is no more protest but total breakdown of law and orders by some miscre*nt. Burning of properties and destroying our heritages and rendering more people jobless is not the way forward...
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Chuksmonika(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2020
where is osibanjo and the so called Buhari.... Forget all this useless photoshop Femi adesina is dishing out, useless idiot everywhere
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Baruwaaaaa(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Medicine after Death
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by obilokechukwu(m): 8:40am On Oct 22, 2020
allanphash7:
Where's Buhari
buhari is death no where to find but the apc and the member of house are using in replace of rubot
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by LifeCoachAndre: 8:49am On Oct 22, 2020
This man should quickly resign and disassociate himself from all these mess before it consumes him. He has no idea what he is dealing with.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Web2020: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2020
I did not support his resignation; this Fulani government is wicked. He would replace him with El-rofile.

Then, you know what that means
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Bahamas95(m): 8:52am On Oct 22, 2020
PASTOR don't worry, you and your fellow demons will also bury your children and we will send you our condolence message.

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by naturefellow(m): 9:02am On Oct 22, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
You are right VP.

Nigeria youths will be the winner at the end of all this crises.
It will end well for us all.
Except you, of course
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by lomprico(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2020
html14java:
Pastor Odumeje, saw all this coming. Very clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbNOMcapMnc

Just listen to him. Nigeria need prayer.

so what do u want us to do? ehe! marketer!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by thelish(f): 9:15am On Oct 22, 2020
lexy2014:

D heart is going out to buy akara

The dragon go chop that heart very soon
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by bammydhele(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2020
This man should just stop talking
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by 989900: 9:31am On Oct 22, 2020
Openbusiness:
sad Bad or failed leadership from the wicked Buhari regime caused all these problems. Even during the time of Abacha, even when MKO was killed, even when Simbiat was assassinated, even when Funsho Williams was murdered in Dolphin Ikoyi, and all the other major political crisis in Lagos history, it never ever degenerated to this point, degenerated too badly that Oba of Lagos palace was desecrated by angry youths....none of these unfortunate things has ever happened before in the entire history of Lagos State. Lagos State has never ever witness civil unrest and anarchy on a large scale to this extent of public destructions before. What triggered it? They sent soldiers to shoot and kill umarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki phase 1 toll gate.

There was so much tension in the country already, mass poverty coupled with many anti-people government policies that have driven up prices of commodities and costs of living, so much Government insensitivity. People are yet to recover from COVID economic recession, you start slamming Nigerians with one tax after another, one tariff after another, fuel price up, VAT up, NEPA up, dollar up, one crazy tax after another, one crazy bill after another. The masses are already frustrated and the frustration was already at boiling point. Yet Buhari regime doesn't care, he is not bothered. Nigerians can go to hell, that's not his business.

Ok, no problem, the people still managed to continue their lives, but it got to a point they said enough is enough for police brutality, torture, maiming and extrajudicial killings. It was not exaggeration. It was reality. There were countless cases of extreme human rights violations and murders, without justice being served on the police killers and offenders. This was the main cause of the protests at the initial stages, protesters were loud, they were angry but they were civil, they were orderly and they were unarmed. It was peaceful. Protesting peacefully was their aim to voice out their displeasure and anger to government, to press for critical changes in the system, to ask for justice for the murdered and oppressed.

Buhari said he acknowledged the civic rights of the protesters to protest peacefully. Very very good. So what happened, where did the commotion come from? The peaceful protesters suddenly were getting attacked and killed by thugs and criminals, obviously hired by government to intimidate the protesters to stop protesting. Very very STUPID move. You have a spontaneous protests, across the country, with no clear leadership, that should tell you the equation is very volatile, any wrong move and things could descend into widespread anarchy and chaos.

Still despite the provocations, the peaceful protesters continue protesting peacefully until the shadow attacks from hired criminals became unbearable and they started to defend themselves. Anarchy loading, but at this stage it has not gone totally out of control yet. The government still had the opportunity to calm things down. But NO, Buhari regime had to escalate the tensions, had to spoil everything. How? Armed soldiers went to shoot unarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki yesterday night and that was when everything scattered. Why would they shoot to kill unarmed peaceful protesters that the president himself said had the rights to protest peacefully? If it was completely necessary for them to disperse the crowd, why didn't they use tear gas? Why didn't they use tasers? Why didn't they use water cannons or use batons or even pepper spray to disperse the crowd? There were so many options they had to resolve that situation without murder, without killings BUT they chose to KILL. Why? These youths are citizens for God's sake. Some of them even voted for this same Buhari to get power. Some of them even protested peacefully for Buhari's sake during GEJ govt, and yet this is how Buhari regime pays them back, with live bullets fired at them? No, it is totally wrong, condemnable, unacceptable and unjustifiable.

None of the chaos we are witnessing today across the country will have happened if the government had been more sincere and sensitive. I mean for God's sake even during military era, as brutal as they were, it never got to this point, they still had some limits they won't cross.

This is the reason why I blame Buhari regime for this, if they had shown sense, maturity and sensitivity, the whole crisis of the peaceful protests could have been managed well and turned around in their favor. For example, if I were the President and this protests crisis broke out and the youths made their demands for change, very reasonable demands. I will have addressed them, given them assurances, beyond words, I will have taken some quick actions to show my sincerity and solidarity to their cause. I will not only have ordered the IGP to disband the police units accused of gross human rights abuses and violations, I would have asked that the officers already proven to be offenders face orderly trial immediately, while further investigation continues for other offenders. If the protesters still insisted on continuing their peaceful protests, I will have allowed them to continue.

Then when the protesters claim and provide proof that they are being attacked by criminals as they are peacefully protesting, I would have deployed riot squad and other security teams to the protesting zones and areas to provide security for the peaceful protesters. All these actions will make them see and know that truly the govt is on their side and is sincere about making change, about addressing their concerns, that the govt is sensitive to their cries.

By the time they protest peacefully and roam about for maybe 2 or 3 weeks or even 1 month, their anger would be lesser and they will become more predisposed to come to the dialogue table with govt and discuss a holistic way forward together and brainstorm about the ideas that will work to make society a safer place for the youths and citizens. During those weeks they are allowed to peacefully protest with security protecting them and guaranteeing their safety, the worst that could happen is the inconveniences of traffic blockage, or obstruction by the large number of protesters on the road and streets. Alternative temporary detours can be used, and they can still appeal to them during their march to give way whenever traffic stands still. It is better people suffer traffic and hold up for peace to reign than for society to descend into mass anarchy, chaos and killings. People already experience heavy traffic from time to time, it is not a strange phenomena in our society. How many times have they shutdown major highways and roads for months in Lagos, as unbearable as the traffic was, sometimes hours and hours in heavy traffic, people still managed and all was well eventually.

That's how the situation would have been well managed, no bloodshed, no torture, no murders. At the end of the day, I will have succeeded in winning over the protesters and youths and they will respect and believe in their govt more. Problem solved!

But NO, NO, NO, they just had to choose the way of brutality and killing. It is either this Buhari regime is just too DAFT or they enjoy killing citizens.

I stole this already. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Decentlaw: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2020
Please provide for us the people that ordered the attack

That is what we want
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Openbusiness: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2020
GoshenNLA:

600 years of enjoyment for you bro, you deserve a post of special Adviser
I dey tell you. Sometimes I really wonder how come the fact that many of these top Government officials take many stupid decisions despite having many advisers. I wonder if the advisers are just there for decoration or whether the government is deaf and dumb. It's very bad. If I were a special adviser to Sanwo Olu, I would have told him, Oga let's go to the Phase 1 toll gate and park there and speak with the protesters that night, highest maybe we use 1 hour to get there. By the time the killer army squad arrived they won't have been able to shoot and kill the protesters. The Governor would have confronted them peacefully and told them NO, they should leave the protesters etc, and the Governor will wait there till the soldiers go, even if it means waiting there all night. It is a necessary sacrifice. By the time the whole drama playa out, the news the following day with be to the Governor's praise, he prevented anarchy and bloodshed + he is now the People's hero. His political fame will skyrocket, he will have turned a potential bad situation around in his favor, People will respect, love and cheer him more. Abuja will respect him more for his courage too, and appreciate how he stepped in to correct their excesses. Win Win for everyone.

That's wisdom at work. Mr Governor Sanwo Olu missed a very big opportunity to increase his political capital among the Lagos masses. How because of that inaction, Tinubu is suffering for it. His political value and love among Lagos masses has dropped, people now dislike him, they have attacked his investments or perceived investments, they now see the LASG as enemy of the people. Something that could have been avoided and turned around for their political benefits. If only they had advisers like me that can talk critical sense into.their heads and help them to recognize the opportunity in crisis they can harness and turn around for their benefits and secure the greater good. But NO, they keep hiring advisers that only know how to organize Unilag runs girls and hoelosho Nollywood actresses to bring to their hotels on the Island for all night romps..... Mtchwwwww! He was now crying that powers at work beyond their control, smh, imagine a Governor saying this. How many times has Wike driven out in the middle of the night to block and confront Abuja agents sent to his State to arrest or do one rubbish or another? The time they wanted to pick a Judge forcefully, Wike went to block them, the time they wanted to pick that NDDC woman, Wike went to block them. That's a man with sense. You can't just come to my backyard and be doing anyhow in the name of FG, never, cuz if it backfires, the same Governor will also suffer part of the blame.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Oct 22, 2020
TheRareGem1:

This is lowkey ignorant, I bet you didn’t know that no VP comes out with any form of statement before their principal, it’s a structural and hierarchical thing in governance; this little hes put out must be because he can no longer bear being quiet.

You know nothing about honour, so I won't waste my time with you!!! Move along!
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Openbusiness: 10:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Tareq1105:
Let no one be deceived, it was a political and tribal attack against Tinubu and the Yorubas masterminded and coordinated by Nnamdi Kanu, executed by IPOB members. They will surely pay for this.

Oga nothing like political anything in this matter. Yes, I agree some political sponsored agents had been working to de-market Tinubu on social media and they have been working 24/7 round the clock to put him in the news for all the wrong reasons, and sometimes promote fake news, yes, accepted. I see all that happening on Nairaland, Twitter, Facebook etc. Well he is a top politician and top politicians usually have political enemies and they work against themselves when aiming for political positions or benefits. So all that is normal.

But beyond this, the youths are angry, frustrated, bitter and have reached boiling point. Na Lagos I dey so I know what I'm saying. I wish I can find that post I made during the last week of the BBN show. I said something that, When this BBN show is over, Buhari regime is in trouble. Because the youth will now have to face the reality of all the problems in society, particularly economic inflation that is drying up their pockets and taking the little they have away from them. Fuel price Up, food stuff Up, transport Up, NEPA Up, inflation everywhere, prices have gone up, purchasing power has reduced drastically.

No be everyone come from a rich home, or has a comfortable job in Lekki etc, most of the youths are struggling, most of them their parents can't even take care of them, so they are hustling on their own. It's not easy, especially for boys. The girls are selling their body for money, doing runs or getting favors because of beauty etc. But the boys are abandoned, nobody is helping them, they either resort to hardwork or crime. Either way, there is no easy way for the boys. They have the greater energy, they are stronger than the girls, they have youthful exuberance and they are very angry at society for all the hell they are going through at such a young age. This one of the reasons why I keep crying on Nairaland. Don't just be helping females, help the young boys if you can nobody is helping them, they feel abandoned and frustrated.

A girl will make a post for help on Nairaland. Many men will rush there to form Captain Superman. But let a boy make the same post, their attitude towards that person will usually be skepticism, dismissal or mockery or ignored. And this is the same bad attitude people have in the real world outside social media. Men don't help their fellow men. They find it so difficult. I wonder how they were raised. They hate helping men like themselves, especially the youths. It is bad. Those young boys are dying for opportunities. Nobody to give them. That's one of the major reasons we are having crisis today. 98% of the people they are calling hoodlums that have attacked and burned down police posts, bank, government building, guess what, they are BOYS, young boys, full of energy, full of anger and frustration. Because they are the ones that suffer #1 NEGLECT in society. Who hawks more on the streets? Boys. Who are more homeless? Boys. Who suffers societal neglect the most? Boys. Who are the most angry? Boys. When that anger reaches boiling point, you will have what we are witnessing today. No 2 ways about it.

Go and read history. Go and study the old civilizations. You will see and understand that it is a normal human reactionary behavior that once there is unbearable poverty and suffering in the society, the people will revolt against the government and if the government makes the mistake to employ the use of extreme force in that situation, then you will have a rebellion in your hands, you will have insurrection, you will have revolution. And either 2 things will happen: mass murders to suppress the riots OR the government will be overthrown.

If you have a population ratio of maybe like 1: 100 as per govt forces to people, then the govt can have hope of suppressing the insurrection with extreme force. But when your total armed forces in Nigeria is about 300K and you have a population of about 200 million, violent suppression CANNOT work. Your armed forces have families and relatives among the people, some of them are the same tribe, do you think they will be happy to kill millions of their own people? No, they will rather support the idea that the govt should fall and a new govt should come and try other ideas to improve the welfare of society.

Then this is the 21st century, this is 2020, the world will not stand back and watch any Government murder millions of its own people. They will gather together to send weapons, equipment and funds (or even troops if necessary) to overthrow that Government. A classic example is Gaddaffi. So people will always revolt when sufferings become unbearable. It is normal. Look at America, they fought civil war North Vs South when slavery for blacks became unbearable. You can't keep people as slaves forever. You can't run a country where 1% are extremely wealthy, 9% are middle class and then 90% have to struggle with poverty, and then expect the status quo will remain like that forever. It won't and cannot work. One day, the 90% will say they have had enough. And that is what we are starting to witness.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Bukfun(m): 10:52am On Oct 22, 2020
The only justice acceptable is for all of them @ either federal or state levels to tender their resignations. They have all failed us...

We are children of someone too.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
You are right VP.

The VP has done very well since the issue came up, I am personally proud of him.

Nigeria youths will be the winner at the end of all this crises.
It will end well for us all.

You are welcome!
Fvck off
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by marktpompido(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
I hail u my VP. Na d President suppose talk but he kept silent, why?
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Conceptsncontex(m): 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
fergie001:
Osinbajo: "These Are Trying Times"

Prof Yemi Osinbajo

Fake clergy man. Dumb professor, the lawyer of a criminal. I hope Kiki gets the Nigerian treatment in her relationship

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by IamAsiri: 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Where are those who kept insisting that the lekki shooting videos were doctored? Including the one on Instagram live by DJ Switch? They should all come here to tell us that the VP's Twitter page has been hijacked, that there was never a shooting in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buratai Takes A Selfie With His Pet, A Snake / Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.