Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! (2721 Views)

Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu / Gov. Aliyu Puts-up Billboards For His Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by wales(m): 6:17am On Mar 09, 2011
Niger State Governor, Dr. Babangida Aliyu, on Tuesday poured encomiums on the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, saying the latter had distinguished himself with his performance.

The governor, who spoke while declaring open the 47th Annual International Conference of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society in Minna, said the giant strides of Fashola in Lagos had made the Action Congress of Nigeria popular in the state.

Describing Fashola as a dedicated and committed public servant, the governor, who is seeking re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, said the performance of his counterpart in Lagos had become a nightmare for the PDP in the state.

He said the PDP waited patiently for ACN to deny Fashola a second-term ticket in order to grab him as a weapon to capture Lagos.

Specifically, he said while everybody had thought Lagos would not work, Fashola had proved critics wrong by transforming the city.

“I am speaking from the bottom of my heart. Fashola has performed; forget about partisan politics. Here is one person that has performed. People had given up on Lagos that it would not work, but he has made it work”, he said.

He described bad leadership as the bane of development in the country, observing that despite the efforts of leaders in the Arab world, the masses had risen up against them demanding a better bargain.

While asking leaders to learn from the wind of change blowing in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya, he said, “Let us give the people better bargains before we begin to run helter-skelter”.

He asked the people to remove sentiments while casting their votes in April urging them to vote for equity, tolerance and unity of Nigeria.

Aliyu urged members of the professional association to join active politics and take it away from charlatans, adding that the participation of professionals would enrich the system.

He observed that many candidates were not talking about issues in their campaigns ahead of the elections, noting that political desperation led to the bomb blast that rocked a rally organised by the PDP in Suleja.

The governor regretted that those, who died in the blasts, were common people consisting of cart pushers, shoemakers and hawkers, who were not at the venue for political reasons.

He described those who committed the dastardly act as cowards but said their motives were yet to be known.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110309512331
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by wales(m): 6:31am On Mar 09, 2011
Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State yesterday threw party sentiments aside, describing Lagos State under Governor Raji Fashola as a no-go area for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) or any other party apart from the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)

Aliyu poured encomiums on Fashola, saying he had distinguished himself with his performance.
The governor, who spoke while declaring open the 47th Annual International Conference of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society in Minna, said the giant strides of Fashola in Lagos had made the Action Congress of Nigeria popular in the state.

He described Fashola as a dedicated and committed public servant,
Aliyu, who is seeking re-election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party said the performance of his counterpart in Lagos had “become a nightmare for the PDP in Lagos State.”

He openly confessed that the PDP waited patiently for ACN to deny Fashola a second-term ticket to grab him as a basis of capturing Lagos. Specifically, he said while everybody had thought that Lagos would not work, Fashola had proved critics wrong by transforming the city.

“I am speaking from the bottom of my heart. Fashola has performed, forget about partisan politics. Here is one person that has performed. People had given up on Lagos that it would not work, but he has made it work,” he said. The governor decried bad leadership as the bane of development in the country, observing that despite the efforts of leaders in the Arab world, the masses had risen up against them demanding a better bargain. While asking leaders to learn from the wind of change, blowing in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya, he said: “Let us give the people better bargains before we begin to run helter-skelter.”

He asked the people to remove sentiments while casting their votes in April, urging them to vote for equity, tolerance and unity of Nigeria.
Aliyu urged members of professional associations to join active politics and take it away from charlatans, adding that participation of professionals would enrich the system.

He observed that many candidates were not talking about issues in their campaigns ahead of the elections, noting that political desperation led to the bomb blast that rocked a rally organised by the PDP in Suleja. He regretted that those who died from the blasts were common people, who were not at the venue for political reasons. He described those who committed the dastardly act as cowards but said their motives were yet to be known.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/mar/09/newsbreak-09-03-2011-001.htm
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by ekubear1: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2011

He said the PDP waited patiently for ACN to deny Fashola a second-term ticket in order to grab him as a weapon to capture Lagos.
Lol!

This is a great endorsement. If only Nigeria had a Fashola as governor of every state, Nigeria would be a great country. And a Fashola as president too.

Up Fashola, up Lagos State, up Nigeria!
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by ekubear1: 7:39am On Mar 09, 2011
You snipped out one of the best parts dude:

Governor Muazu Babangida Aliyu of Niger State yesterday threw party sentiments aside, describing Lagos State under Governor Raji Fashola as a no-go area for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) or any other party apart from the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by Phlota(f): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2011
it's gud dat Gov. Mu'azu B. Aliyu can commend Fashola bt wat xactly has he (Aliyu) done?
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by 9ijaMan: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2011
I smell GEJ losing Niger State to the opposition. Aliyu though being truthful is also proteting his own interest. He knows he may lose his sit if he does not recognize the consistent rise of Buhari's popularity in the North. Aliyu will likely deliver Niger state for Buhari (or Ribadu) just as he did in the primaries for Atiku.

The man is facing the reality on ground. You cannot win any major Northern state by standing against Buhari.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by Gbawe: 11:09am On Mar 09, 2011
Even Fashola's own campaign manager cannot say it better than Aliyu does below:

I am speaking from the bottom of my heart. Fashola has performed, forget about partisan politics. Here is one person that has performed. People had given up on Lagos that it would not work, but he has made it work,” he said.

Clearly , Aliyu is asking folks to eschew partisan Politics to admit Fashola is best for Lagos . Oddly, Aliyu believes Lagos is safe in the hands of a "rascal" . It seems Aliyu is also truthful and pragmatic unlike Jonathan "the dreamer" who boasted emptily that "the PDP will capture Lagos" . We can only conclude , with Jonathan's flight of fantasy, that Mr. President must be planning to rig Lagos for the PDP. All I say to the PDP and jonathan is that they should try it.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by Emperoh(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2011
Carrying out your duties suddenly turns out to doing well!!
These politicians have really denied us citizenship rights and education to know what is expected of our government!!

It is a pity!!!
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by yemmight(m): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2011
It's no more news that these Governors quitely come to Lagos but I need to commend Aliyu for coming out to say the fact. Soon PDP will berate him.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by bisiaet: 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
This is the kind of politician I really like so much say the truth as it is without bias or saying is my party or is not my party, be real and put partisan politics aside speak the truth so other can learn from it Aliyu has won my support.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by omo9ja1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 09, 2011
I think this guy is talking some sense, If only we could see beyond our political parties, these all nice words that should be coming out of Our dear president, but instead Mr President will be using some street language to campaign for PDP, forgeting the fact that His the country number one.

kudos to Aliyu!
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by 9ijaMan: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2011
I hope we get more Aliyu's out of the remaining PDP governors.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by bisiaet: 2:45pm On Mar 09, 2011
I think this guy is talking some sense, If only we could see beyond our political parties, these all nice words that should be coming out of Our dear president, but instead Mr President will be using some street language to campaign for PDP, forgeting the fact that His the country number one.

You are right but DONT let us digress issue here what Aliyu said was right but GEJ issue has nothing to do with what Aliyu has just said and beside the US president, the UK prime minister all went on street to talk to people one on one so for GEJ going to street is not a real issue because is not new

Please dont take it personal just try to shed more light to your post. God bless.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by 9ijaMan: 2:47pm On Mar 09, 2011
bisiaet:

You are right but DONT let us digress issue here what Aliyu was right GEJ issue has nothing to with what Aliyu has just said and beside the US president, the UK prime minister all went on street to talk to people one on one so for GEJ going to street is not a real issue because is not new

Please dont take it personal just try to shed more light to your post. God bless.

USe of street language was referring to GEJ calling Southwest leaders 'Rascals'. You are mistaking that for door to door campaign, an effort in futility that GEJ is embarking upon.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by FabulousE1: 3:03pm On Mar 09, 2011
understatement; fashola has indeed done well, for lagos-state.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by Ess: 3:04pm On Mar 09, 2011
Putting sentiments aside - Aliyu, what you have said is gold! Especially for the fact that he is still under the PDP umbrella with a catch and twist desperate president looking at all angles,
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by OAM4J: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2011
I like this Gov Aliyu, looks like an honest man

but then all he said is no news to us. We know Fashola. Eko o ni baje.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by asamuel: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2011
Thanks, Governor Aliyu. Was that not the same governor that stood against yaradua's politics?
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by hackney(m): 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2011
So what stops him from doing well also? ?
These people think nigerians are still stup.id where mere talk gives you good cred.
just do the right thing; you already have a role model and stop saying the obvious.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by tundysho(m): 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2011
I had always admired this man,ever since he calls himself the chief servant of his state
kudos to you
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by ufot(m): 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2011
Until all these so called leaders begin to take care of the state business instead of their own personal pockets, we will still be dead in the water. God Bless Nigeria. At least we have Democracy abi na DEMOCRAZY.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by Abayomin70(m): 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2011
up fashola
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by lastapostle2(m): 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2011
Lagosians,vote Fashola for accountability and infastructural revolution says aliyu. Vote me aliyu for truely been honest and upright to continue the thief thief in niger state. Thats the massage Aliyu tried to psyche his audience.
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by Becomrichn: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2011
f
Re: Fashola Has Performed Well– Gov Aliyu ! by femmy2010(m): 8:12am On Mar 10, 2011
Fashola has done well and i do salute Aliyu's courage to say the truth which is a sign of a good leader.

(1) (Reply)

Comic Strip. Zoning Pact Gej Style. / Ghanian Professor Blasts GEJ, Says " This Guy Is A Joke" / First World Amphibious JEEP- Can Drive On Land And Water!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.