Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles (15394 Views)

Buraimoh Gafar Murder: Lagos Policeman Protests As Court Remands Four Inspectors / Bus Conductor In Court For Beating Policeman In Lagos / Court Remands Four Businessmen In Prison For Producing Fake Engine Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by DamnnNiggarr: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2020
Ebonyi court remands four for beating policeman, snatching rifles

An Ebonyi Magistrate’s Court sitting in Abakaliki, the state capital, on Wednesday remanded four defendants for their alleged involvement in the attack on the acting area commander of the Ohaukwu police command and snatching rifles of police constables in the community.

The suspects, Okochukwu Onwe, 23; Onyedikachi Onwe, 22; Chinonso Agbo, 25; and Alieze Uchenna, 33, allegedly snatched two rifles.

They were later arrested by police operatives in conjunction with vigilante members and had long been cooling off at the headquarters of the Ebonyi State Police Command, Abakaliki, until their arraignment on Wednesday.

A community source told PUNCH Metro that the attack happened after a security meeting at the Ohaukwu council headquarters, Ezzamgbo.

“The hoodlums disguised as if they wanted to make a complaint to the area commander and used the opportunity to gain access to him. They attacked him, collected his gun and fled the scene,” he added.

The police had claimed that the suspects were members of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

The suspects were arraigned on Wednesday on five counts of armed robbery, felony and attempt to commit murder.

The police prosecutor, Inspector Chinedu Mbam, told the court that the offences were punishable under sections 516A (a); 320 (a); 402 of the Criminal Code Cap. 33, Vol. 1, Laws of Ebonyi State of Nigeria, 2010.

Their defense counsel, F.M. Nwebo, applied to the court to grant them bail.

But Mbam opposed the application on the grounds that the victims’ were still laying critically ill at the hospital.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs B.I. Chukwu, said that the court lacked the jurisdiction to adjudicate on the matter and directed that the suspects be remanded at the Nigerian Correctional Centre, Abakaliki, and their case file forwarded to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for necessary decision.

https://punchng.com/ebonyi-court-remands-four-for-beating-policeman-snatching-rifles/?amp=1&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by YorubaMod(m): 8:55am On Oct 22, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell, they want to instigate fear on pple. grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Babbadata: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2020
B S
Were the court sit inside crisis.. liers
Like zukerberg I call it fake news
If they did so quick but crook politicians are roaming free with government funds...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by RaptObserver: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
Good. This is how all the perpetrators of violence would be brought to book. They don't know the police re keeping record.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by moshoodn(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
Remand indeed..

Nice one, but I hope the court doesn't goes up in flames too.

I can only hope.

14 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
Southern youths are turning stupid.
If you release hardened criminals in cells back to society and allow hoodlum snatch all police rifles, kill all policemen and burn down police stations, when these criminals start attacking you and robbing you at night, who will defend you and attack the criminals?

Enough of attacks on policemen and police stations.
Enough of releasing criminals back to the society.
Enough of burning government properties and societal infrastructures.
Enough of vandalizing infrastructures that will affect the masses eventually.
If you want to burn anything, the houses of tyrants and your polithiefians looting the country are there.
Stop the madness.

Pls spread this message. Don't lets be stupid, lets apply sense.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
YorubaMod:

Let them be punished please...so that the peaceful protesters can continue the struggle, and so that there won't be excuse by government to clamp down, and finally so that anarchy won't prevail too.

11 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Hades2016(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
Here we go again another day and another lie

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Newbiee: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
WHEN RIGHTS BECOME WRONG:

For about 13 days now Nigerians have been on the streets demanding the end to the SPECIAL ANTI ROBBERY SQUAD SARS.

Three days into the protest the IGP disbanded SARS. One would have expected the protesters who have scored a major victory to move to the next stage, set up their leadership structure and follow up the implementation of their demands.

Anarchists who could not read the signs felt they have intimidated the government, those who felt they can make political gains from the protest decided to organize another one under the same banner, they gave impossible conditions.

As days turn to weeks they felt the government has chicken out, they released more money for people to protest. Protesters are given food, drinks and pocket money. While they were calculating on the gains they will make guys with their own agenda stepped in and began to do what they accused SARS of.

We will be running from the truth when we attempt to deny the level of criminality going on in the country. Many of us can't visit our villages during festive period for fear of being robbed, kidnapped or assassinated. I will not fail to mention the senseless killings of Nigerians by our security agencies especially the now disbanded SARS, the harassment of Nigerians by our security agencies on our streets daily.

Those that claimed to be fighting the brutality and criminality of SARS are doing worst things. They prevented Nigerians from earning their daily bread, they took away the opportunity of millions of Nigerians to provide bread for their kids, they disrupted economic activities just to send a message that has been heard.

When they attack police formations the press call them hoodlums. They released about 4.000 prisoners in Edo state, majority of those released are armed robbers, kidnappers, murderers and some petty thieves, they burnt down 2 police stations in Edo state and arms stolen. They attacked 2 police stations in Lagos state and arms stolen.

Who are these arms going to be used against? The masses who were paid to protest. Every politican in this country is well protected. Out of every 2.000 robbery incidents in this country less than 1 percent happen to politicians.

These arms will certainly be used against the masses who will begin to cry to the same police they are trying to end. A lady was coming from the ENDSARS protest, she was robbed and raped. Girls are getting raped in Edo state commuters are robbed by those who claimed to be protesting against Sars.

I refused to buy the flimsy narrative that it is hoodlums that break into people shops and steal in the name of protest. The Nigeria youths are on the streets. Are they telling us there are no criminal elements in the youths? Are they telling us those supposed hoodlums are not youths? Nigerians will suffer more from these reckless actions.

Those who felt they could make capital gains from the protest are barking out and confessing the arrow heads of the protest are living comfortably in western world and their collaborators in Nigeria are living large in their mansions. When politicians give out guns to prosecute elections they don't take the guns back after winning. More palava ahead.

The protest has began to loose ovation. I am afraid the little gains they got initially is about to be thrown into the trash can.
As for those purporting to be protesting in EUROPE and AMERICA the documented ones should come home and lead the protest. Those clapping and hailing on social media should join the protests. You cant be in europe and be supporting crisis in Nigeria.

The ENDSARS protest has lost its bearing what we are witnessing today is nuisance which won't last long.

We all want a better Nigeria built on JUSTICE, EQUITY AND EQUALITY, A NIGERIA THAT IS PROPELLED BY EXCELLENCE A NIGERIA DRIVEN BY HARD WORK, A NIGERIA WHERE HONESTY PAY, A NIGERIA WHOSE FOUNDATION IS MUTUAL RESPECT FOR OUR DIVERSITY. The NIGERIA above cant come with the very enemies of the people giving them stipends to demonstrate because they don't like the government in power.

The purpose of the ENDSARS protest is defeated already. My heart goes out to those who lost their lives in this madness. My heart goes to all our women that were violated by those demonstrating to ENDSARS, my heart goes to all those whose businesses were attacked by those who don't want police on our streets and my heart goes to all those that will be the victims of those criminals released and the arms stolen from police formations.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Youconaleey: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2020
‪How Protesters Gunned down in Nigeria �� ‬
‪��‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syo3EtP0u-I
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by EXLOVER(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Hope Damn niqqa guy is still alive? Slavormir, I haven't seen is post on nairaland for long.

Is better to die on excess weed consumption than to die for Nigeria oh.

Maybe he is bombing a new site

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by seunlayi(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by emeijeh(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Some youths in Nigeria have gone haywire and berserk

But do i blame them?

It's as a result of too many years of OPPPRESION AND MASSIVE CORRUPTION.

Nigeria must better o

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Christonjnr(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2020
They would behave snatched the riffle and shoot that murder-fucker police man to death.
We would have been happy with that.
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Hier(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Endsars

We must know one thing, POLITICIANS are our GREATEST ENEMY

This would serve as a warning to all present and future politicians, only THEN can Nigeria be great again

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Enigma001: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2020
Guys please help. I and my family have not had anything to eat since yesterday. We work for our daily survival. Prices of food items are crazy right now.

I've been quite unemployed for a while and I'm down spending my savings.

Please do not let us die of hunger.
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by kponkedenge(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2020
Sadly all these rifles being stolen by hoodlums will only be used to rob the common man.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by seunlayi(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2020
YorubaMod:
that is the best they can do. Naija like to complain too much. Do you even know if it is a way for them to grant them back since yesterday
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by WandaNara: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2020
Nairaland is working for this evil government.

SHAME on y'all.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Sebastine1994(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2020
youths want to scatter everything
,they want the country to change overnight.

to destroy is easy but rebuild is hard.

all these weapons stolen from police station will be used to turn Lagos to a mafiaso land

mark my word. we will regret this decision once this thing gets out of hand. already they are breaking into shops.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by wonuks(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
cool
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by zoedew: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
how many policemen have paid for the torture and the murder of nigerian citizens

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by IgbalodeRaymond: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
fake news
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
U want prison break rite
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by SeriouslySense(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
The protest or revolution continues.

Do not fall for their lies, you need to be smart, what is the problem of the country is the politicians, they are the criminals

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Rebuke: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Sad. We have to tell ourselves the truth, some people are already taking advantage of this protest to perpetrate evil.

Lots of criminalstuff are hiding under this protest to carry out their operations.

This is why I have advised us to withdraw for now and reorganise for a peaceful protest with all sense of decorum.

It's just so unfortunate that some bad elements want to destroy the good efforts the reasonable youths of this country have made so far.

That being said, this protest is a real show of the number of jobless people in Nigeria. If the government does well, you won't have people on the street this much.

The categories of people that came out for this protest.

1. Self employed (business owners): these ones mobilise themselves to support the good fight and most of them go back to their business places after a solid support.

2. Students : these ones are home because the school system isn't working ASSU and Government are responsible.

3. Staffs of less busy offices: self explanatory

4. Jobless: this carries the vote of the day. They are the main available on ground. Too much anger, things ain't working. Staying at home after years in school. They paid school fees, they even served their father land but are now left on their own. Omo, it's better to die trying. They are fighting because they want serious change.

5. Hoodlums : these ones are the ones spoiling the good fight. Most of them are thieves, they will take advantage of any protest to loot and dispose good Nigerians of their valuables.

These ones are real criminals. The only thing they want is to steal and commit all kind of attrocities.

6. The homeless: these ones have no where to stay. The Nigerian system of governing made some of them homeless.

This is an opportunity for them to vent, they deserve a bether life too.

So, to see people on the street is like an opportunity to be identified with.
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by SeriouslySense(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2020
SeriouslySense:
The protest or revolution continues.

Do not fall for their lies, you need to be smart, what is the problem of the country, it is the politicians, they are the criminals
Re: Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles by Rebuke: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2020
undecided

I am not happy how some people are just doing things anyhow......yes, I understand we have been provoked but we need sense to fight this fight.

All the evidence are getting stained and almost ruined by some fake news making around the internet, hence making the real ones look fake as well.

We must desist from posting unverified news on SM. Some people just want to post things that move your emotion even when they ain't even sure of the realness of the information.

I have heard them denying killing at toll gate and I could do was laugh at their petty lies and silly cover up. They're already doing damage control, we should not give them the chance to spoil our evidence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Danish Navy Free 3 Pirates Arrested In West Africa Due To Jurisdiction / Manhood Theft: Bauchi Local Security Members Kill Suspect, Arrest 2 / 25kg Cocaine Probe: We've No Reason To Shield Anyone - NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.