Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage (348 Views)

The Real Truth Why Olumba Olumba Church Does Not Call Jesus Christ While Praying / Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by martooski(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2020
The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage:

+ The demand for Same Sex Marriage is not a demand for marriage to be extended to our gay brothers and sisters but for marriage to be redefined so that it is no longer linked to the begetting and raising of children by their natural parents.

So, in turning marriage into a mere partnership, the law render marriage largely Meaningless, and makes it less likely that children will be raised in ways that best suits them.

+ The slogan "Equal Marriage" implies equality of access to the same institution; in fact, in means Overthrowing the Institution, making marriage Equal to Non-marital Relationships.

+ The Church believes the state should continue to promote conjugal marriage, not because it disapproves of our gay brothers and sisters or rejects any particular group in society, but because it believes Marriage is a Conjugal Institution that the state should promote and protect for the sake of society and above all of Children.

+ Same Sex Marriage enshrines in law the Idea that the Gender is incidental to marriage and the raising of children, such that all those who believe otherwise become vulnerable to the accusation that they are promoting discrimination and prejudice.
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by 2special(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2020
Catholic, always acting as if they're the holiest.
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by Kestolove(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2020
Christianity support same sex marriage, pop has proven it, world leaders whom are christian have proven it...if not for islam in nigeria gej could have approve it
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by martooski(m): 11:34am On Oct 22, 2020
2special:
Catholic, always acting as if they're the holiest.

How
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by martooski(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2020
Pope Francis on persons Struggling with their Sexual Identity:

During the return flight from Rio de Janeiro I said that if a homosexual person is of good will and is in search of God, I am no one to judge.

By saying this, I said what the Catechism says… A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: ‘Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?’

We must always consider the person. Here we enter into the mystery of the human being.

In life, God accompanies persons, and we must accompany them, starting from their situation. It is necessary to accompany them with mercy.

—American Magazine, Sept. 30th, 2013, americamagazine.org

Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by 2special(m): 11:51am On Oct 22, 2020
martooski:

How
The way and manner they attack other Christian denominations.
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by martooski(m): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2020
2special:
The way and manner they attack other Christian denominations.

Your view....

But I sincerely believe that Catholics are the most persecuted christians.
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by 2special(m): 12:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
martooski:

Your view....
But I sincerely believe that Catholics are the most persecuted christians.
your view
Re: The Catholic Church DOES NOT Accept Same Sex Marriage by daddytime(m): 12:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Akiko

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis’ Instagram Account ‘caught Liking’ Racy Model’s Sexy Schoolgirl / The Reason Why People Don’t Repent / Does Intersex Makes God Confused Or Does It Justify Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.