Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! (1023 Views)

Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
I spent some time thinking of a post that will engage and encourage Christians - so here, it is.

As a young adult, i have had ups and downs in my walk as a Christian. I have backslided more times than i can count, despite having a Christian background.

But i thank God for strength.

My current challenge is increasing my personal time with God in prayers and studying of his word.

Comment yours and feel free to advice me - that way we can learn and build our faith

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Throwing my faith away and replacing it with knowledge ..
Unlearning the bull shiit and relearning about the real knowledge of God..

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:
Throwing my faith away and replacing it with knowledge ..
Unlearning the bull shiit and relearning about the real knowledge of God..

Faith is Application of Knowledge.

So you only threw away your former foolishness of lack of knowledge where every Catholic and so called Christians come from, only to Acquire Another type of foolishness of based on foolish knowledge.

But both are still Foolishness!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Faith is Application of Knowledge.

So you only threw away your former foolishness of lack of knowledge where every Catholic and so called Christians come from, only to Acquire Another type of foolishness of based on foolish knowledge.

But both are still Foolishness!

Your hurting because I have opened your eyes to the fact that you have wasted your whole life and resources believing a lie. You will still walk away from it..when the time comes and remember me...there is nothing hidden that will not be made known..everything in its own time..

The only reason the romans and Greeks created jesus was to make humans governable..
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Your hurting because I have opened your eyes to the fact that you have wasted your whole life and resources believing a lie. You will still walk away from it..when the time comes and remember me...there is nothing hidden that will not be made known..everything in its own time..

The only reason the romans and Greeks created jesus was to make humans governable..

grin because I have engaged you before you then think that your evil insane seeds are planted in my soul, boy, you know Nothing. Things the world attempted teaching me, All have been brought to Nothing by The Words in the Bible, in my soul, is it now foolish you.

Satan and his children who are smarter, older and more cunning than you, fear to challenge me, you are just dust on my slippers, you, do not bother me.

3 Times did you come against me and 3 times did you run out of ammo, so how can I ever Stop Standing on the Solid Rock, when time and time again I watch you stumble and fall? Up till when you had to use my line! grin

Somevagina man, I do not intend to be seen always contending with an Insane Person such as yourself, that is why I have left you in your dustbin.

It is after all your dustbin, like OtemAtum has his own, so you have a right to it.

It is not a crime but a natural right to be a Lunatic on Nairaland, and No One has a right to take away your Lunacy from you grin

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

You say Roman Greek, OtemAtum says one very old Book, Another Shall, Sabrina says Explosions as I have said before, Camry, iPhone and laptops Can Never know their Creator.

They can only Speak from their Cartons, Whatever they can imagine and Never Knowing, Unless Their Creator Comes to Speak to them.

That is Power, Accuracy and Credibility of the Bible!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You say Roman Greek, OtemAtum says one very old Book, Another Shall, Sabrina says Explosions as I have said before, Camry, iPhone and laptops Can Never know their Creator.

They can only Speak from their Cartons, Whatever they can imagine and Never Knowing, Unless Their Creator Comes to Speak to them.

That is Power, Accuracy and Credibility of the Bible!

I don't deny the existence of a creator...but as for jesus, the romans and Greeks created him...for dummies.
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin because I have engaged you before you then think that your evil insane seeds are planted in my soul, boy, you know Nothing. Things the world attempted teaching me, All have been brought to Nothing by The Words in the Bible, in my soul, is it now foolish you.

Satan and his children who are smarter, older and more cunning than you, fear to challenge me, you are just dust on my slippers, you, do not bother me.

3 Times did you come against me and 3 times did you run out of ammo, so how can I ever Stop Standing on the Solid Rock, when time and time again I watch you stumble and fall? Up till when you had to use my line! grin

Somevagina man, I do not intend to be seen always contending with an Insane Person such as yourself, that is why I have left you in your dustbin.

It is after all your dustbin, like OtemAtum has his own, so you have a right to it.

It is not a crime but a natural right to be a Lunatic on Nairaland, and No One has a right to take away your Lunacy from you grin

Time is the only judge...I will wait.
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Maisamari1994: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
That I can not make money illegally...... If I wasn't one, there are ways to be filthy rich... So that's my biggest challenge...

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Maisamari1994:
That I can not make money illegally...... If I wasn't one, there are ways to be filthy rich... So that's my biggest challenge...
You know Jesus Christ said something like " where your heart is, there lies your treasures". After reading your post, my question to you is why bother being a Christian? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 11:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

Time is the only judge...I will wait.

grin grin grin Time knows me, for we've done so many wonderful things together. He would have told you that it is easier for an Igbo woman to be President of Nigeria than for me to ever ever leave Solid earth and walk into sinking sands.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09am On Oct 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

I don't deny the existence of a creator...but as for jesus, the romans and Greeks created him...for dummies.

Yeah, like OtemAtum says he put unseen beings in his cage grin grin grin oh men, some real Nairaland looney tunes.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yeah, like OtemAtum says he put unseen beings in his cage grin grin grin oh men, some real Nairaland looney tunes.

Jesus has got nothing to do with God or his plan.

J-s claimed he brought in the New Covenant but did he?
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mar 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 Is With the house of Israel And the house of Judah, Torah Will Be In Our Heart, No One Will Teach Another to Know the Most High and Israel Will Never Stop Being A Nation Before Him verses 35 & 36 (34 & 35 in the Jewish Scriptures). It doesn't mention anything about believing in Jesus' death and resurrection.

Jer 31:31-37 in Christian versions
Jer 31:30 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah;
31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a master over them, saith YHWH.
32 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH, I will put My Torah in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their Elohim, and they shall be My people;
33 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know YHWH'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHWH; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
34 Thus saith YHWH, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, YHWH of hosts is His name:
35 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith YHWH, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
36 Thus saith YHWH: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith YHWH. "

There is no mention in the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34(30-33), about believing in a crucified messiah(human sacrifice) for forgiveness of sins. It says nothing about the New Covenant being in the blood of a crucified messiah either Luke 22:20.

No One Will Teach Another to Know the Most High, everyone will know Him. Yet look what J-s' last words were to his disciples:
"Go ye therefore, and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:19.
Clearly he did not bring the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 and added to Torah there which is forbidden Deu 12:32.
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus has got nothing to do with God or his plan.

J-s claimed he brought in the New Covenant but did he?
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mar 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Luk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

The New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 Is With the house of Israel And the house of Judah, Torah Will Be In Our Heart, No One Will Teach Another to Know the Most High and Israel Will Never Stop Being A Nation Before Him verses 35 & 36 (34 & 35 in the Jewish Scriptures). It doesn't mention anything about believing in Jesus' death and resurrection.

Jer 31:31-37 in Christian versions
Jer 31:30 "Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah;
31 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a master over them, saith YHWH.
32 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH, I will put My Torah in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their Elohim, and they shall be My people;
33 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: 'Know YHWH'; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith YHWH; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
34 Thus saith YHWH, Who giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, who stirreth up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, YHWH of hosts is His name:
35 If these ordinances depart from before Me, saith YHWH, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
36 Thus saith YHWH: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, then will I also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith YHWH. "

There is no mention in the New Covenant, Jeremiah 31:31-34(30-33), about believing in a crucified messiah(human sacrifice) for forgiveness of sins. It says nothing about the New Covenant being in the blood of a crucified messiah either Luke 22:20.

No One Will Teach Another to Know the Most High, everyone will know Him. Yet look what J-s' last words were to his disciples:
"Go ye therefore, and TEACH all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:19.
Clearly he did not bring the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 and added to Torah there which is forbidden Deu 12:32.

grin grin I had settled All these issues and you could Not Supply Any Query on the Accuracy of my Claim, RATHER, when you saw you could not Offer Any Sweet Rebuttal as you have done to others, instead of you to surrender and Acquire Greater Knowledge you could Not Answer, You rather Chose to Resort to Insults.

Which is why I once answered you that

"People Resort to Insults when they have nothing good to present in an argument."

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin I had settled All these issues and you could Not Supply Any Query on the Accuracy of my Claim, RATHER, when you saw you could not Offer Any Sweet Rebuttal as you have done to others, instead of you to surrender and Acquire Greater Knowledge you could Not Answer, You rather Chose to Resort to Insults.

Which is why I once answered you that

"People Resort to Insults when they have nothing good to present in an argument."

You have never ...and you know it...there is no foundation for Christianity in the old testament..

If there is. Show me...
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

You have never ...and you know it....

grin grin Come on, you do not have to resort to lies, it is not necessary.

sonmvayina:

there is no foundation for Christianity in the old testament..If there is. Show me

What is the purpose and Profits of the Records of the Bible?

This is the beginning of the Acquisition of knowledge, but you already have the type of knowledge you want to acquire not Necessarily That Which is True, whether you can bear it or not.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
I don't have verses at the top of my head now but i know for a fact that there is wealth in Christianity.

Just this year, i have received thousands without having to work for it, and it wasn't illegitimate - God just opened doors.

Please tap into testimonies of those who have been divinely favoured - in the bible and in our modern world (illegitimate money is against the law and against our beliefs)

I pray God surprises you beyond measures

Maisamari1994:

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin Come on, you do not have to resort to lies, it is not necessary.

What is the purpose and Profits of the Records of the Bible?

This is the beginning of the Acquisition of knowledge, but you already have the type of knowledge you want to acquire not Necessarily That Which is True, whether you can bear it or not.

They where written to guide your steps, as a torch for your path.. They are not writing actual events.. Read it and learn the messages in them..

But you went far to start worshipping the characters in them..

Just like they say "intelligence comes in many forms, some people are just smart enough to be idiots"...
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
For God so love the world that he created mosquitoes, so that who so ever is bitten by it will get Malaria, and if he/ she does not take quinine will die... Common sense chapter 41 verse 9
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
sonmvayina:

They where written to guide your steps, as a torch for your path.. They are not writing actual events.. Read it and learn the messages in them..

But you went far to start worshipping the characters in them..

And this is why you are crazy for how can you, born in 1990, who is a fool but does not know that he is a fool (not insulting but pointing out an observation). How can you, being all these things know the Truth about the events which occurred before you were born?

You do not even have the skill nor do you care to acquire it, how to discern a lie from the Truth, which of course will be impossible for you because you are a liar yourself, so how then can the word of a Liar ever be True?

I have seen that very many people are stupid for they listen to liars atop their foolish souls already, but you will never find me among their numbers.

For I gave you a hearing and you had opportunity of proving the basis of stupidity and while you were still in the course of Proving your stupidity, you abandoned your course, for you saw that your basis even sounded wild-eyed crazy and ridiculous even to you, Saying Rabbi this Rabbi that!

Ain't you stupid? You could just have as well as said Lie Mohammed this, Lie Mohammed that... !

If you knew Truly who Rabbis were... Shieet!!!

Let me stop here, Love your people, love your own, but you and your peoples aint my Peoples and they never will be. So to each his own.

As I have said and I love the Bible for what it has done, everyone, including you, is allowed to believe it's contents or absolutely reject it.

I will be fine either way you choose!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
sonmvayina:
For God so love the world that he created mosquitoes, so that who so ever is bitten by it will get Malaria, and if he/ she does not take quinine will die... Common sense chapter 41 verse 9

For God so loved the man, that He is Very Long Suffering, So that he that mocketh Him shall turn from his evil, and escape from His Great Anger! Wisdom Chapter 1 verse 1.

But the foolish will never ever hear.

Anyway these are the days of Abominations, Desolations and Mockings As Was Written!

Let him who had an ear to hear what the Spirit said to the churches!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by sonmvayina(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

For God so loved the man, that He is Very Long Suffering, So that he that mocketh Him shall turn from his evil, and escape from His Great Anger! Wisdom Chapter 1 verse 1.

But the foolish will never ever hear.

Anyway these are the days of Abominations, Desolations and Mockings As Was Written!

Let him who had an ear to hear what the Spirit said to the churches!

Lol....so you really could not see the message in the comment..you are just smart enough to be an idiot..sorry to say..
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Lol....so you really could not see the message in the comment..you are just smart enough to be an idiot..sorry to say..

Ha! grin
I got the message that you did not wish people to see and get ditto: out of the abundance of your soul!

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I spent some time thinking of a post that will engage and encourage Christians - so here, it is.

As a young adult, i have had ups and downs in my walk as a Christian. I have backslided more times than i can count, despite having a Christian background.

But i thank God for strength.

My current challenge is increasing my personal time with God in prayers and studying of his word.

Comment yours and feel free to advice me - that way we can learn and build our faith
Finding a man who can keep his deek in his pocket till our wedding night.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2020
I can understand, but trust me those men are out there.

I pray you find him at the right time.

Chii59:

Finding a man who can keep his deek in his pocket till our wedding night.
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I can understand, but trust me those men are out there.

I pray you find him at the right time.

Amen. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Sawzer(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2020
Chii59:

Amen. Thanks
Just marry nwaezeemmanuel, you guys would make a great couple! grin
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sawzer:

Just marry nwaezeemmanuel, you guys would make a great couple! grin
I doubt he's single.

1 Like

Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Sawzer(m): 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2020
Chii59:

I doubt he's single.
Just enter his DM Mail and ask him already grin
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Sawzer:

Just enter his DM Mail and ask him already grin
Better I follow from a distance. Gotten my fingers burnt too many times.
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2020
I am. Not ready for that kind of relationship at the moment, but would love to be friends anytime.

Chii59:

I doubt he's single.
Re: What Has Been Your Biggest Challenge As A Christian ?!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I am. Not ready for that kind of relationship at the moment, but would love to be friends anytime.

I'm following you on NL. That's sufficient for me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WWE Star Undertaker Finds Jesus Christ: From Dead Man To Alive In Christ / God : Does He Love/ Treat Everyone Equally? / I Want To Sue My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.