Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,718 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform (32232 Views)

UK Universities Disagree With Government’s Ban On Foreign Students’ Families / Polls: VCs, ASUU Disagree As FG Shuts Universities / Again, FG, ASUU Unable To Agree On Payment Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Drabeey:
So you think say Buhari misyarn yesterday abi ?

That poor man is doing what he's supposed to do. And what they want him to do.

Senators go gree make u reduce their salaries?

Governors go gree make dem remove immunity clause?

Honorable go gree make dem scrap 2nd chamber?

Ministers go gree make dem reduce dem wages?

And now, Professors no wan gree drop wetin Dem dey mischop...

Abeg naija get Kleg. Check my posts on what I think we should do.
True.... Emotions don cover Must niger people judgement..
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Uspic(m): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2020
Lol. So after 7 months, it's now you want to goan learn handwork.
mary42k2:
Make I go learn handwork biko......dis is so frustrating

6 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Coronavirus84: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2020
God will punish ASUU and her members if they don't allow Federal government to just pay my minimum wage arrears and let me enjoy my money now cos nobody knows where this country is going for now. Federal government accepted to pay us and ASUU is still dragging on payment platform.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Ustec: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Drabeey:
So you think say Buhari misyarn yesterday abi ?

That poor man is doing what he's supposed to do. And what they want him to do.

Senators go gree make u reduce their salaries?

Governors go gree make dem remove immunity clause?

Honorable go gree make dem scrap 2nd chamber?

Ministers go gree make dem reduce dem wages?

And now, Professors no wan gree drop wetin Dem dey mischop...

Abeg naija get Kleg. Check my posts on what I think we should do.
The masses don't know the battle he has been subtly fighting for them, they thought its that easy to take power or ilegal source of income from those cabal he met when he assume office.
Is it PDP that started it they are expecting to come and stop what they are enjoying. Though buhari has his own flaws too in terms of nepotism in appointments.
The only way out is restructuring,revolution, or if the president can sacrifice his life for the betterment of the people by stopping and reviewing all those problems you mentioned. Untill then nothing will Change.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Orlu15(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2020
Meeting Upon Meeting We all doomed
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Iree1(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2020
What about school that are not under ASUU? We dey get from this funds too....
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Decimus: 9:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Coronavirus84:
God will punish ASUU and her members if they don't allow Federal government to just pay my minimum wage arrears and let me enjoy my money now cos nobody knows where this country is going for now. Federal government accepted to pay us and ASUU is still dragging on payment platform.
I don't understand you sir. Are you not part of the union? Tell your leaders to do the needful.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by FrozenDisalnd: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2020
Na to dey kill all this leaders small small na waiting una want abi..!

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by folake4u(f): 9:16am On Oct 23, 2020
angry sad Them dey ment!!!!!
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Bakr4u: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2020
FriendNG:

Allah yasa
Amin

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by chatinent: 9:26am On Oct 23, 2020
Such a blank government.

Government for the polidemons, by the polithievecians, and for them.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Collinsemegreat(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2020
KevMitnick:
Dm me if you want to study at NUC accredited universities in other west African countries. Wise Nigerians are dumping Nigerian schools and graduating every session.

I commend our northern brothers, they have taken advantage of this opportunity because the Nigerian university system doesn't favor them.

They are graduating and going for service every year without hitches.

Take advantage of this opportunity because the stalemate between ASUU and the Nigerian government isn't ending soon.

graduate fast no enough job to go around at the end of the day?!

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by bluefilm: 9:31am On Oct 23, 2020
mary42k2:
Make I go learn handwork biko......dis is so frustrating

So you mean you've not been learning any handwork since March?

Shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2020
Raydos:
We have crooks as leader, Since the inception of nigeria, The Nigeria Government hasn't been able to achieve anything tangible in this country, All they do is embezzle money!!

Electricity, You can't provide
Good roads you can't provide
Good hospitals you can't provide
Security you can't provide

Even school you refuse to pay workers, Apart from looting money what else can you people do?

Polithiefcians and Policemen need to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. But they have now result to subtle begging. Shameless cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by OSUWAKEABAM(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2020
l hope this guys are also planning g for SSANU,NASU AND NATT? Otherwise we are going on strike too
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by bluefilm: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2020
Coronavirus84:

But ASUU cannot prevent university government workers including some ASUU members who are already on the IPPIS platform from receiving the minimum wage arrears payment, or am I missing something here...?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by luluman: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
FriendNG:

Allah yasa
It is Allah ya isa
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by adecz: 9:43am On Oct 23, 2020
angry sad

Fulani no dey go school, so
buhari doesn't really think education
for the average Nigerian is too necessary
to be wasting money funding it.
Money that can properly used to
rehabilitate Boko Haram fighters & send
them abroad to Islamic schools.

He also needs the money to fund
the railways to Nigér Republic & drilling
for oil in the desert.

Those Fulani in government including
Bubu himself who know
the value of education have their kids
in foreign universities abroad..

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 23, 2020
Nawa oo
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by airminem(f): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2020
awhybliss:
I disown Nigeria..

I was in 400 level when davido gave birth to his boy, he flew the boy to London am still in 400 level, he celebrate his 1 year birthday am still in 400 level...
It is well fellow
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Coronavirus84: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2020
bluefilm:

But ASUU cannot prevent university government workers including some ASUU members who are already on the IPPIS platform from receiving the minimum wage arrears payment, or am I missing something here...?
ASUU union has been known to be the main engine room of all the universities in Nigeria, if ASUU decides not to agree by the payment platform surely it will delay and also affect other Unions like SSANU, NAAT and NASU because federal government didn't even recognized them as threat
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by baajetu(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2020
awhybliss:
I disown Nigeria..

I was in 400 level when davido gave birth to his boy, he flew the boy to London am still in 400 level, he celebrate his 1 year birthday am still in 400 level...
as the father of Nigeria abi
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by sammyranking(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2020
samuelpeters:

You think ASUU would agree to enrol in that IPPIS.
You need to see through what FG is trying to do.
If they all enrol in IPPIS so that FG will pay them their EAA,it will be game over for ASUU.

Its just a game. FG don't want to accept that UTAS.
explain more better sir you are making sense
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by WaleRock: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2020
WHY IS ASUU NOT EVEN FIGHTING FOR THE NIGERIAN YOUTH FOR WHOM THEY ARE EMPLOYED, BUT FOR THEIR PAY ONLY

SOMEONE IS HARASSING OR EXTORTING A PASSERBY, AND YOU IGNORE THE SITUATION, IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU ONE DAY AND OTHERS WILL IGNORE YOU.

ONCE WE ALL BEGIN TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND BE OUR BROTHERS' KEEPER, THE LEADERSHIP WILL CHANGE NATURALLY.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Omezif(m): 10:26am On Oct 23, 2020
Our governments are not poor at all, it's only politicians are making it looks Weak by constantle looting our funds.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by alfredjhay(m): 10:30am On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by JOACHINpedro: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2020
adecz:
angry sad

Fulani no dey go school, so
buhari doesn't really think education
for the average Nigerian is too necessary
to be wasting money funding it.
Money that can properly used to
rehabilitate Boko Haram fighters & send
them abroad to Islamic schools.

He also needs the money to fund
the railways to Nigér Republic & drilling
for oil in the desert.

Those Fulani in government including
Bubu himself who know
the value of education have their kids
in foreign universities abroad..
Stop bringing tribal statement to sensitive issues bro.
#OneLove
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by bluefilm: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2020
Coronavirus84:

ASUU union has been known to be the main engine room of all the universities in Nigeria, if ASUU decides not to agree by the payment platform surely it will delay and also affect other Unions like SSANU, NAAT and NASU because federal government didn't even recognized them as threat

I don't think so.

Government has been paying university workers on the IPPIS platform, even while ASUU is still rejecting IPPIS.

So how will the payment of minimum wage arrears be any different?

If the ASUU members that don't want IPPIS say that they don't want to be paid the minimum wage arrears, how will that stop other university workers who are already on the IPPIS platform from receiving their own minimum wage arrears?

It's not like the FG will give the money to ASUU and then plead with them to disburse it to other university workers, or is it?

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 23, 2020
See these selfish people always calling their allowances "revitalisation of universities".
Very dubious set of creature.
Better make it clear that they're on strike because of allowances not because of universities decay. Everyone knows TETFUND is doing excellent work in the Universities infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by Coronavirus84: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2020
bluefilm:

I don't think so.

Government has been paying university workers on the IPPIS platform, even while ASUU is still rejecting IPPIS.

So how will the payment of minimum wage arrears be any different?

If the ASUU members that don't want IPPIS say that they don't want to be paid the minimum wage arrears, how will that stop other university workers who are already on the IPPIS platform from receiving their own minimum wage arrears?

It's not like the FG will give the money to ASUU and then plead with them to disburse it to other university workers, or is it?
All well and good Sir, The payment have been asked to commence between now and the 6th of November let's see how it goes.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by FriendNG: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2020
luluman:
It is Allah ya isa

It's not
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU Disagree On Payment Platform by HardWork29: 11:32am On Oct 23, 2020
jetguy:
so, what time FG and ASUU have their meeting yesterday biko�
well, they should continue to disagree na their time or what else would i say, nothing pain me pass my house rent that i spent only two months there �
My brother not only u 150k+ gone just like that & responsible landlord still dey disturb against next rent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Day Secondary School Kaya, Zamfara In Pictures / GRE & TOEFL Testing Suspended In Nigeria / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.