Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,173 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Southern Youths How Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Youths How Market (1385 Views)

Awon "Wait Till Campaign Starts" How Market? / "Igboho Is Not Our Freedom Fighter" - Southern Youths Reject Igboho / How Market? – Dino Melaye Sneers Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Youths How Market by Cajal(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2020
Proudlyngwa:
First and foremost I like to say a big thank you to all who showed concern on my previous thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6198209/hold-aisha-yesufu-falz-responsible

You guys are wonderful as the situation in my area is calm thanks to OSPAC and local vigilantes, while Army is currently handling the situation at Oyigbo, I hope things turn out for the best.

Now that the Presidency has ordered an end to the ENDSARS protest it's time to evaluate our collective madness.

Who goes home to beat his siblings because a stranger beats him, while the siblings were not the ones responsible for his beating.

We are no different from the oppressive and clueless government we so love to hate. We have just shown that given the right opportunity we will do worse and all that is needed for chaos to take place is to gather three or more wise southern youths together ( pun intended).

We have succeeded in burning down private and public infrastructure that had no correlation whatsoever with the SARS protest.

WHILE THE WORLD WAS WATCHING

We have shown to be untrustworthy and mentally unstable if left with tasks that requires coordination and worst of all we have actually achieved nothing other making some people a little bit more famous.

Most protesters have gone home, the government claims Thier request will be looked into, some few people will be made scapegoats by this time next year back to square one because we don hear pass like this before.
What happens to the people whose businesses were senselessly destroyed, what happens to the families that are loosing loved ones in places that it has turned inter tribal due to a metamorphosis of the protest gone wrong.

Of course we will blame the government for bringing in thugs , we will blame them for shooting but we will never blame ourselves for attacking private individuals and infrastructure that had nothing to do with the government, because it is human nature for us to seek perfection it is always someone else fault.

The government has failed but have we succeeded are we any different, did we stop to ask ourselves are we still on the right track,
The greatest downside of all this is the release of hardened criminals while being cheered on, as arms were stolen all in a period close to Christmas, for those who will use the highway this Era, Na God hand Una dey.

How you know a great man is his ability to control that which controls others ' his emotions '

Keep blaming Buhari and Leaders for your current stupidity, when you burn your house finish you go beg your neighbor make you sleep for im Corridor

Once again Southern youths how market.

...they are disappointed
Even disbanded SARS were predominantly youth.. what is now the difference between SARS and violent youths
9 in 10 of #Endsars protesters is a criminal
Argue with research
Re: Southern Youths How Market by Jorgenvava: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2020
Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Perhaps, reason why there was an increase in the death toll and why the army also denies it.

Now, you may be wondering why DJ Switch and others took the bodies to the soldiers. Let me tell you what happened.

According to Brigadier General Francis Omata, who was alleged as the person who gave his soldiers, the command to kill unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, he didn't do it.

Francis said he was not the one who gave the order. It was Lt. Col S.O Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny Camp.

Why his name is being spread about is because when he heard the plot, he rushed to the scene 39 minutes later to pull back his boys.

He had to announce his name to prevent them from shooting him. This was how people got his name and thought he led them. Here is the link below to read this information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.withinnigeria.com/2020/10/21/brigadier-francis-omata-clears-the-air-on-lekkimassacre-names-officer-who-led-the-operation/amp/

Yes, the Nigerian Army under the command of LT. Col S.O Bello, gave the command to kill unarmed protesters. Who sent Bello?

Now, the reason why DJ Switch trusted the army enough to lay the bodies at their feet was because of Omata. She thought she could trust him, since he came to stop his boys. So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

The bulk of the killing, the probable 63 dead youths were killed by SARS, the same people this protest is all about.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!
Re: Southern Youths How Market by survivor10(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Proudlyngwa:
First and foremost I like to say a big thank you to all who showed concern on my previous thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6198209/hold-aisha-yesufu-falz-responsible

You guys are wonderful as the situation in my area is calm thanks to OSPAC and local vigilantes, while Army is currently handling the situation at Oyigbo, I hope things turn out for the best.

Now that the Presidency has ordered an end to the ENDSARS protest it's time to evaluate our collective madness.

Who goes home to beat his siblings because a stranger beats him, while the siblings were not the ones responsible for his beating.

We are no different from the oppressive and clueless government we so love to hate. We have just shown that given the right opportunity we will do worse and all that is needed for chaos to take place is to gather three or more wise southern youths together ( pun intended).

We have succeeded in burning down private and public infrastructure that had no correlation whatsoever with the SARS protest.

WHILE THE WORLD WAS WATCHING

We have shown to be untrustworthy and mentally unstable if left with tasks that requires coordination and worst of all we have actually achieved nothing other making some people a little bit more famous.

Most protesters have gone home, the government claims Thier request will be looked into, some few people will be made scapegoats by this time next year back to square one because we don hear pass like this before.
What happens to the people whose businesses were senselessly destroyed, what happens to the families that are loosing loved ones in places that it has turned inter tribal due to a metamorphosis of the protest gone wrong.

Of course we will blame the government for bringing in thugs , we will blame them for shooting but we will never blame ourselves for attacking private individuals and infrastructure that had nothing to do with the government, because it is human nature for us to seek perfection it is always someone else fault.

The government has failed but have we succeeded are we any different, did we stop to ask ourselves are we still on the right track,
The greatest downside of all this is the release of hardened criminals while being cheered on, as arms were stolen all in a period close to Christmas, for those who will use the highway this Era, Na God hand Una dey.

How you know a great man is his ability to control that which controls others ' his emotions '

Keep blaming Buhari and Leaders for your current stupidity, when you burn your house finish you go beg your neighbor make you sleep for im Corridor

Once again Southern youths how market.

You forgot deep seated tribalism.

Young people mainly less than 30 years can portray such tribalism, then no hope for this useless country
Re: Southern Youths How Market by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:08am On Oct 24, 2020
survivor10:

You forgot deep seated tribalism.

Young people mainly less than 30 years can portray such tribalism, then no hope for this useless country

Tribalism for me is not bad, what I feel is bad is tribal bigotry and religious fanaticism.
Look at my moniker , that is a promotion of my part of Igbo, but will I give a roofing job to an Igbo plumber over a Yoruba carpenter.
No way.
One problem I have seen we have is application of the little knowledge we have, we need to start thinking before acting, we are too emotional in this part of the country.

1 Like

Re: Southern Youths How Market by UtuokeAlcoholic: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

My brother the thing tire me, see as he say make the protest end na so people just small small begin go house, whoever do that Kain powerful jazz give jibril Al sudani abeg make im locate me .

Baba you be funny oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sentiments Aside, Is Ngozi Okonjo More Qualified Than Her Korean Counterpart? / Maina Returned To Nigeria After Arrest In Niger Republic (photos) / Sokoto State Governor on Gov wike's invite, Commissions Bonny-bille Jetty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.