Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Tha Wiseman And Tha Foolish Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tha Wiseman And Tha Foolish Man (447 Views)

Solape Tha Hooligan, Episode 2 / Solape Tha Hooligan / Tha Wounded Heart, Episode 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tha Wiseman And Tha Foolish Man by BeigJawnson(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
*_THA WISEMAN AND THA FOOLISH MAN_*

There was scarcity of water in a village, tha streams are dried up, tha wells are also dried up.

These two friends sought to look for water to sustain themselves, their families and livestocks.

They went into a neighboring village and met a rich man who had enough water.

They begged him for water and explained to him that they are from tha neighboring village and there is scarcity of water.

Tha rich man pitied them and told them to continue to come and fetch water.

Tha two friends thanks tha rich man after fetching enough water.

_WEEKS LATER_

Tha two friends were in need of water again, they went to fetch from tha rich man who lives in tha neighboring village.

They went with their children to fetch and went also with their livestocks as well to drink enough.

_TWO YEARS LATER_

Tha two friends and their families, also with their livestocks went for water at tha rich man's house as they use to go.

But on this unfateful day, they met people and families in tha rich man's house crying.

Tha rich man is dead.

*_What killed tha rich man?_*

It was discovered that his wells were poisoned and water from them are poisonous to drink.

It was this water that killed tha man. And same water cant be used.

Tha two friends looked at themselves. But tha wise man was never worried.

They all returned back to their village.

_ONE WEEK LATER_

Livestocks are dying, no water to drink. Children grumbling and crying for water to drink. But no water.

Tha foolish friend went to meet his friend and ask if they can seek for water else where. But he cant imagine what he saw.

_*_And what did he see?*_
_

He saw his friends livestocks drinking water from a pond. He got furious. He went to meet his friend inside, he met his friend and his family eating and drinking a good clean water.

He roared, you are not a good friend! Tha wise man smiled and asked him to sit on tha mat. He declined and insisted not sitting.

Tha foolish man told his friend, i insist, you are not a good friend, pointing at him.

Tha wise man laughed and asked, how am i not a good friend?
Tha foolish man replied, so you have seen where water is, but you didnt tell me. Now tell me how you are not a bad and wicked friend?

*_Tha wise man laughed_*

Hahahahaha!!! Well i will explain to you. And he asked, do you remembered when i was moulding big clay pots that you came visiting me and you asked me why i was moulding them?

Tha foolish man replied yes! I remember.

Tha wise man quizzed further, did you remember my reponse? Tha foolish man replied, yes! You said you want to be fectching water into them.

Tha wise man quizzed again, do you also remember how you laughed at me then? Tha foolish man cant respond.

Do you also remember how you told me that i was foolish when i was building those ponds for my livestocks then?

Tha foolish man was silent, he cant reply anymore.

_*Now who is now foolish?*_
A question thrown to tha foolish man and he cant answer.

You better sit down, eat and drink enough water, tha wise man told his friend.

But his foolish friend was overwhelmed with shame and went away.

_*Getting to his house*_

As he got home, he saw his wife and tha two of his children crying. He asked, what happened?

Five of his children are dead, four boys and a girl.

Dozens of his livestocks were also dead.

_WATER BACK IN THA LAND_

After some days, there was a heavy rainfall.
Tha streams were filled. Tha rivers were back to life. Plants grew more and more. No more irrigation. Tha people were happy.

Tha foolish man was not happy, he wished his children had not died when he had opportunity to enough water unlike tha other villagers, but misused tha opportunity.

*NOTE*

_When we are in a position today, and there is a steady income for us. Let's save and secure tha future._

Nobody knows tomorrow. Tha way today is, tomorrow may not be like that.

THA WICKED MISTRESS IS COMING but very soon...

#peace_out �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tha Wiseman And Tha Foolish Man by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nice story, dear. Pretty didactic I must say.

1 Like

Re: Tha Wiseman And Tha Foolish Man by BeigJawnson(m): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ciara9251:
Nice story, dear. Pretty didactic I must say.

thank you so much... bless your heart.

(1) (Reply)

The Hunted Hunter / Writer Available! / I Need Professional And Creative Book Writer Who Can Turn Thought Into Reality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.