Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) (35629 Views)

Mbah Appoints Ladi Akeredolu-Ale MD Of Enugu State Broadcasting Service / Enugu State Broadcasting Service Gutted By Fire (Pictures) / South African Broadcasting Corporation Cancels Sowore's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Kenn55: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Akwa Ibom too don join? It seems hoodlums in every state are now competing to show their ruggedity. This seems now to be a battle of which hoodlum rugged pass. Too bad
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by DMerciful(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Let the Yorubas who say they are the only ones that burned their properties with instigation from Igbos come here to explain if Igbos instigated the Akwa Ibom people. Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Kaybaba5(m): 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Where are we going in this country
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by blacknp(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
saaphiere:
My Lord Jesus will punish them. It will not be well with any Northern coming to South to destroy properties.
Jesus will punish them based on a rumor by your twisted illusion? I am deeply sorry for you.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by BigBashiru: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
saaphiere:
Watch the moment AKBC was set on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgj_gDJ2qZo

https://twitter.com/edyaustin7/status/1319472629049290752

Africa is cursed spiritually.... after this devastation is rebuilt in 5 years, there will be another round of devastation. Africa seems it won't be ever able to make progress on its own. See all the railway the Chinese are building - the may end up all bring vandalised by hoodlums....
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by pozehnani(f): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
Have these people become animals overnight?
What's with setting everything on fire? Why are they creating unemployment for the masses by destroying their source of income and offices?

If the Mopol open fire now, they'll cry foul again. Useless bunch.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by wwwihy: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
Every one copying Lagos EndSars Peaceful Protesters

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
Our people are gradually loosing it. Burning of stuffs like this is a No no for me, the state governor should act swiftly before things get out of hand. Order a curfew with immediate effect.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by ThatReporterz: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
Am listening to Sermons , praying for last days ooo
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Aktsmith104: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
Police men please remember u have families if u die those who sponsor the protest will not take care of ur family. Run for ur life

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by BigBashiru: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
pozehnani:
Have these people become animals overnight?
What's with settings everything on fire? Why are they creating unemployment for the masses?

The continent is cursed to never make progress...
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by alfredilly: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
chidinwachukwu:
Na IPOB set this place on fire...,.....Oduduwa touts.

Note that Akwa Ibom is not an Igbo state
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Royalfurnitures: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
This destruction of private and public property is very wrong.. This will set us back economically

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by wwwihy: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
DMerciful:
Let the Yorubas who say they are the only ones that burned their properties with instigation from Igbos come here to explain if Igbos instigated the Akwa Ibom people. Yeye dey smell
But they copied Lagos EndSars Peaceful Protesters
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
alfredilly:
MOST OF THOSE CONDEMNING TRIBALISM HERE ARE IGBO, BUT IRONICALLY THEY ARE THE MASTER OF PROGANDA AND HATE SPEECH ON YORUBA.

I APPEAL TO EVERYONE TO READ THIS AND POINT OUT THE LIES. IF YOU DONT NOTICE THESE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.
Gibberish. They will soon add ogun, osun, ekiti to kwara, then una eye go clear!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Okuda(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Vision4God:
The country has been down and that's what spurred d initial protest. But what is d wisdom in burning down what would benefit u & d society at large?

This energy should be targeted towards our leaders who have failed to give us good roads, quality health care system,.... Etc

of what good is a media house that acts as a govt propaganda machine?

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by 02Kebreal(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
saaphiere:
Buhari's speech is causing more harm. It was better he didn't speak.

Up here in the North we are at peace even with Ur fellow Igbo's.
Make una kill una self there. Na una sabi.
We dey here

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
To the BMC and misleading Yorubas, who should we blame on this?

-Liberate Yorubas from inside enemies (traitors) and Fulanis..

To understand the matter, we first deal with enemies within before approaching the outsiders.

-Tinubu's camp are dangerous elements and sell outs to our great heritage as the Yorubas.. Never blame the outside ally who helped in defeating the undefeatable looking strong enemies within.

Above all, we move..! TOTAL LIBERATION OF THE YORUBAS IS A MUST, SAY NO TO DIVISIVE TACTICS FROM WITHIN TOO. Enemies within don't give up easily, but we're winning already.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by stanliwise(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
saaphiere:
Buhari's speech is causing more harm. It was better he didn't speak.
No No no Buhari didn’t cause this one. Not this time bro

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Adrian9(m): 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
What is happening to the home of peace?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Rugaria: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
limeta:
Fulani starting fire every where in the south

They planned this pretty well... That's why the butcher is aso seems unconcerned! But it will backfire at a point..
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Ahamefuna0001(m): 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
DMerciful:

Quite worrying about those tribalistic lots...

Southern youths should quit burning our few infrastructures, burning is never part of the whole protest stuff

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by ABlAstate: 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
okpalaAnambra:
What a disgrace... Look like they're just waking up now. Just when others are recovering they're starting theirs.. Nonsense and ingredience
[/s]

When are you going to discuss the bomb the IPOB terrorists dropped in Aba yesterday. Abia state is cursed

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Fr33born(m): 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
alfredilly:
MOST OF THOSE CONDEMNING TRIBALISM HERE ARE IGBO, BUT IRONICALLY THEY ARE THE MASTER OF PROGANDA AND HATE SPEECH ON YORUBA.

I APPEAL TO EVERYONE TO READ THIS AND POINT OUT THE LIES. IF YOU DONT NOTICE THESE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

The attack on Tinubus properties in Lagos has divided the struggle and has given it to another arms of the enemy which is the PDP opportunist. It is a valid claim that the attack has taken an ethnic dimension culminating from the long standing sentiment fueled by Igbo tribal rhetoric on Yoruba.
If the uneducated aren't aware of this, at least the educated see on line everyday, on twitters, on Nairaland and comment sections of Facebook news.

While the protest was initially focused on creating a lasting change in our system, it is also expedient that we are not ignorant of the prevailing moods and how it developed.

I have my proof. For the past years, I have had my ear to the ground by following, reading and interpreting comment and feedback on social media especially Twitter.
We must realize that Twitter was, at first, the mobilizing front for the protest. It still remain the most influential site in advancing the course of the struggle. The #endsars is a Twitter trend and the mobilizing celebrities take their base from the app. So when I see developing stories and the accompanying opinion, how it easily metamorphosed into the intended sentiment of some people in contradiction of the objective realities, I realize the power wielded by ethnically conscious people in exploiting social media for their own agenda.

There has been weeks and months of culmination of ulterior motives. Anyone who observe and follow events will see a consistent pattern. Almost everyday, Yoruba, Igbo or Tinubu trends on Twitter and once I see that, I need not struggle to comprehend the orientation of the opinion. Whenever Igbo is trending, the prevailing opinions are always the rhetorics that Igbos are hardworking, Igbos are the most marginalized, Igbo holds their head despite attempt to suppress them: Igbo are the most successful ethnic group in Nigeria and Igbo are the most intelligent. Once Yoruba trend, opinion varies but there are also the insult on Yoruba that they arr slave to northern Fulani. Nairaland is where this opinion thrive the most and most of you know..
And Whenever Tinubu trend, it is about his dynasty, the bullion van, his role in enthroning Fulani man, sometimes, comparison with Awolowo. I also see this as an attempt to denigrate the Awolowo.. Even some few months ago, Awolowo trended on twitter and once I saw it, I quickly pounce on it knowing a tribal war was already raging. My intuition didn't disappoint me as some were already mobilizing opinion calling Awolowo a perpetrator of genocide. He was accused of masterminding all the ill treatment metted on Igbo during the civil war. This led to heated debate and name calling between Igbo and Yoruba. History were dug up to correct the false claim and lies foisted on the sage. It even took the verified account of some prominent Yoruba name to give the founding father a bit of soft landing. I guess the Igbo on twitter left on that day to fight another time.

Before Lekki killing two days ago, my intuition already told me an anti Tinubu protest was in the offing. It was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. For days, I have seen tweets accusing Tinubu of being the sole source Nigerian problem. He was accused of being responsible for the enthronement of Fulani man in Buhari. Most of this post tried to absolve Jonathan. The hasty comparison of Buhari administration to justify the later is a common rhetorics amidst south Easterners while the Yoruba mostly maintain a liberal posture that both men are part of the age-long succession of bad Nigerian leaders. But in recent days the tactics of glorifying GEJ as a way of condemning Buhari had held sway unchallenged by Yoruba because of the current mood against bad governance. Tinubu wasn't spared the attack too. Not that I absolve Tinubu, and I never defend him but seeing the desperation to nail him alone when the demanding was to effect systemic change made me sceptical of some people genuine intention.

Three days ago, the news of a former TVC employer, who was sacked at the behest of Bourdillon after walking away from a live show made the headline. The South easterner lady who is now an actress stormed the Instagram to claim she was sacked from TVC by order from Bourdillon after walking out of a live show in response to the Oba of Lagos declaration in 2015 that Igbo will be drawn in Lagoon. The allegations later drew the response of her fellow show anchor Morayo Afolabi Brown who claimed the order didn't come from Bourdillon.

The narrowing down of this to anti-Tinubu is a deviation fueled by brewing ethnic sentiment and it is aimed at serving the Igbo people age-long interest of ending the reign of APC government in Lagos ans replacing it with a PDP. Isn't it surprising that the Lekki massacre could not put the demand for Buhari resignation on front burner? I checked Twitter trend yesterday and #BuhariMustResign died down completely while #TinubuIsAKiller maintained the top spot. I care less about Tinubu but I doubt the readiness to push for Buhari resignation. There is also the tribal view the removing Buhari will aid Osinbajo to power.
[/s]

You are a big fool

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by We4all: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nigerians and destruction. With this mentality, how does a country move forward?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by BigBashiru: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2020
stanliwise:
No No no Buhari didn’t cause this one. Not this time bro

Don't mind them.. .. blaming the President is an easy excuse....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Harrynight(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
God!!!

What's all this nonsense??
cry
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Benega9(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nigerians thought Youth Came To Play..the Peacefull ones,has Come And Go Now This Is The Violence Ones...Lets Be Watching

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by ahmedajadi(m): 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
limeta:

Head slammer
Yr Allah can not punish me
Allah is not God but satan
Wtf did you type?
Allah is Satan. If you don't like Islam or Muslims, you should just keep quiet instead of typing balderdash.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Omoslim26: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is very bad

and some people still claim there is a tribal incite to d Lagos destruction wen its clear that we have too many hungry wicked hearted youths here in the South which is ofcus steamed up by the failure to have leaders who will give d people a chance to enjoy the good of the land

weather you are Igbo Yoruba or Hausa the bitter truth is dat we are in dis. mess together so we either hang to survive together or we hang to survive separately but in all we still hang

#endpolicebrutality
#restucturenow
#awakeosleepinggiants
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Shadysen: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
I don't support this shit.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation Set On Fire By Hoodlums (Video) by Donspicey: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
Buhari hoodlums on the Beat again............

They sha want to destroy the whole southern Nigeria properties........

While BMC do the tribal war incitement online......

My southern people use ur Head ooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Congratulate Dickson – Lai Mohammed / Fayose Wears Igbo Cap In Presidential Campaign Poster / Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.