Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin (35609 Views)

Governor Obaseki Reacts To Attacks On EndSARS Protesters In Benin / Kayode Ogundamisi Responds To Attacks Over Leaked Audio From Sen Saraki / IGP Ibrahim Idris' Transmission Video Was Doctored - Police Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Doraty1(f): 11:24am On Oct 19, 2020
@policeNG regrettably confirms the unfortunate attacks on Police Facilities - Ugbekun Police Station, Oba Market Police Station and Idogbo Police Post by persons posing as #ENDSARS protesters in Benin, Edo State, today, Monday, 19th October, 2020.

The extent of damage cannot be ascertained at the moment but report indicates that the protesters carted away arms and ammunition from the armoury and freed the suspects in custody before setting some of the facilities ablaze.

The Force is doing everything possible at the moment to bring the situation under control, protect lives of innocent citizens and prevent further attacks on any other critical infrastructure in the state.

The Force is calling on parents/guardians to prevail on their children/wards to desist from acts of violence under any guise whatsoever.
https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1318134809198284800?s=19

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by binsanni(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2020
See lies abeg

Modified

what i mean in essence is, all those bullshit was cooked up the so called Nigerian government.

so if your believe the peaceful protester set the prisoners free, then you are more than a problem to this country.

The message is clear

#Endsars
#EndpolicebrutalityinNigeria
#Endbadgovernment
#Wemove

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2020
The protest is no longer peaceful, it's been hijacked

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by seunmsg(m): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2020
Sad!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by seunmsg(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2020
binsanni:
See lies abeg

Lies how?

Protesters in Benin are now on rampage. They broke into the prison and freed criminals. They then took it further by attacking 3 police stations. This is no longer a protest but an assault on law and order. We must collectively demand for an end to the protest immediately.

101 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by 2by40ft: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2020
We
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by slivertongue: 11:49am On Oct 19, 2020
parents/guardians sud prevail on their children/wards to desist from acts of violence under any guise whatsoever.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by LivingSage: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2020
CRIMINALS.
When will Buhari deploy army to deal with this people

The extent of damage cannot be ascertained at the moment but report indicates that the protesters carted away arms and ammunition from the armoury and freed the suspects in custody before setting some of the facilities ablaze.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by slimfit1(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2020
Falsely accused and illegally detained people are set free. After all book haram are free to move about.
Sorry, but buhari started it Benin people copied him.
If he can reform Boko Haram he might as well open our prisons so that everyone can be reformed.
Sorry if I sound bad but what is good for Uganda is also good for Ghana. I don't condone violence.

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by phlame(m): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2020
angry
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
Things are getting out of hands with the below.....

The protesters, after gaining entrance into the prison through the fence freed inmates in the prisons along Benin Sapele Road, near Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ office.

southniyikaye:
This protest is hijacked already...
We just like to overdo things in this country, they've turned this into a joke and soon, they will start looting..
They are gradually playing into the hands of the federal government

zionmde:
this is rubbish na
they are fast loosing focus. Armed robbers are in dat prison, rapists, paedophiles, fraudsters etc, funny enough even policemen indicted for extr judicial killings are in these prisons. This is absolutely wrong. What are they fighting for now??.
If the government deploys military because of this issue then they are not to be blamed. If I am the governor, every protester around that vicinity is going into that prison until they produce the criminals they have freed

Of a truth, Thugs and irresponsible fellows are fast taking over this protest

lonelydora:
Protesters are losing it. They are giving police reason to shoot

Ahmad62:
Benin people are fools... The prison contains Armed robbers, yahoo boys and rapists.... So unwise thing to do!

I hope it won't get to this ...

yoruba1914:
for how long?
use what you have when the oviation is loudest.
You want a restructure nigeria?get ur pvc
You want good govt
Get your pvc.
There are limits to protest unless u have a hidden agenda like sowore and segalink

Peaceful protest is the way to go.
#IStandWithAPeacefulProtest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by AFvckingAlpha(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!!!

Now they receiving a dose of their own medicine.

These protests were bound to be hijacked anyways.

It is Nigeria nah!

We still ending police brutality though.
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by GeneralPula: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
Legalize gun if e sure for them!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Chicastle: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
southniyikaye:
The protest is no longer peaceful, it's been hijacked

Let it be hijacked as long as it's all protests

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Writendearn: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
But this report contains mostly lies. The youth didn't break into these police stations to vandalise properties unprovoked. And the casualties reported have been grossly padded to paint the police as the victim here. Kasala for police wey no sabi run cheesy

If you can write fiction stories using witty descriptions, featuring clever similes and metaphors that will capture readers, check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Julsbagg(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
I was scared that this whole protest thing could be hijacked........ Now see
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Vyzz: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
shocked
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by prof800(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
first piece moved.

It's chess
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Ken91(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
#EndBrutality/Injustice, #Reform/RestructureNigeria. pls Nairaland i have upto #7000 9mobile worth of airtime for sale, after mistakenly recharge it with the content of my acc , an na i have nothing on me to substain life i want to auction it for #4000 if interested call me 09039983973. pls help me buy, for me not to go begging etisalat only
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by MrRabbi(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
This is really getting out of hand... You guys should stay focus... Please.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by bjtinz: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
Segalink was right. The protests have lost focus. It's time to end this charade now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by nsesam(m): 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
Jesu ! Is this for real ?
Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Bighead9: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
FG should deploy Soldiers with immidiate effect. I saw live how hoodlums rob people in Benin in broad day light. Anarchy is looming in Benin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
binsanni:
See lies abeg
Do you live in Benin?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by loadedvibes: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lol iffa believe Nigeria police make I know why.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by FlordFlorez(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
If u think protesters did all those plus the prison break, then ur brain need urgent examination to ascertain ur reasoning faculty.

Government of the day are doing all sorts of things to clamp down this peaceful and genuine protest cause they can't fulfill the demands of the protests.

Shame, shame, shame, to our leaders for trying to use us against us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Cvwriter1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Edo no be lagos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by ivolt: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Oba Market Police Station and Idogbo Police Post by persons posing as #ENDSARS protesters in Benin, Edo State

They are not posing as #ENDSARS, they are #ENDSARS sponsored thugs and criminals.
They protest during the day and rob people at night.
#StopTheThugs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Make una remove that yeye change begins with me poster.

It should read change begins with Politicians.

Meanwhile the FGN has since last week to do something concrete like suspending all the superior officers in charge of the SARS office and instructed that their suspension will be lifted after due investigation.

Officers whose names have been mentioned should be in police custody while FGN investigate the allegations leveled against them.

If government had done this early last week this protest would have died down.

Rather they started by listing promises they forgot we still have the lists of unfulfilled promises from 2015.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by cmikel: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2020

The new strategy is to

1. Use army to treaten social media users

2.Free prisoners to cause chaos , use thugs or other means to cause chaos.

3. Use payed social media e-rats to attack and backlash the protest on social media.

The plan is on smooth.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Reacts To Attacks On Police Posts In Benin by fratermathy(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
seunmsg:

Lies how?

Protesters in Benin are now on rampage. They broke into the prison and freed criminals. They then took it further by attacking 3 police stations. This is no longer a protest but an assault on law and order. We must collectively demand for an end to the protest immediately.

You're right. The protest is ending out of hand in some places. However, we shouldn't be discouraged with those small diversions. Let's look at the bigger picture.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Six Killed, Many Hospitalized As Buhari Supporters Raze PDP Campaign Office / Mahmoud Halilu Picks Adamawa Governorship Nomination Form / Kano District Heads Shun Ganduje, Attends Sanusi’s Dubar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.