Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast (7273 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by bombom911: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2007
This Nigerian is in trouble, I just moved to Dallas on invitation of a friend.(not a Nigerian) But now I'm here and I think I'm screwed big time, While this lady is a very nice person, Due to some habits that her and her friends have which I can not state here, I find myself in a limbo right now, All the plans we made is out the window, They seem to be so much into this habit that they do not know what they are doing from min to min, Now I found out they do not have any job. So now I need to find my way around here, I need to find Nigerians here to help me find my way around here, Please email or call me if you live in DALLAS, email me at bombom_911@yahoo.com , Please someone help me from these pot heads,
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by uspry1(f): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2007
I don't understand why you are living with pothead jobless roomates in Dallas, Texas.

First thing you do is pick up Dallas newspaper looking up the classified advert sections seeking for:

--one bedroom apartment that you can afford your own expenses---forget those pothead roommates.
--job title you like to work for if you have H1 VISA requirement
--go to Dallas Workforce Employment Comission (free job hunting agency for all job seekers)

Second thing you do is pick up Dallas white pages telephone book to find local organization:
--Nigeria club organization
--Africa organization

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 4:49am On Jun 26, 2007
I live in dallas tx , if u really want to see lots of nigerians, thats not  hard, wait stil sunday, visit any redeem rccg church in your area, , if u need help finding it al sure help u out ,

2 Likes

Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 4:52am On Jun 26, 2007
abeg if u need nigerians , go to houston cool

sorry about ur sistuation
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 4:55am On Jun 26, 2007
so are u telling me u had no plan for urself, friends sometimes screw up, this aint abt meeting nigerians , its abut planning ur life, u cant be acting as parasites, u gotta stand on ur own , this is america!
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 4:57am On Jun 26, 2007
abi o , nigerians will probably make ur situation worst , u better talk to God
and i'm sure ur an adult , so handle ur business
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 5:00am On Jun 26, 2007
its good to have friends but dont be 2 parasitic, excessive dependence is dangerous to growth and development
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 5:01am On Jun 26, 2007
mo ti gbo , story teller
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 5:04am On Jun 26, 2007
like i said, u have a big mouth
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 5:06am On Jun 26, 2007
na u sabi grin u doing overnight again ?
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 5:08am On Jun 26, 2007
yes o , dem don turn me to owl
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 5:09am On Jun 26, 2007
abi , but y u on nairaland if ur working ?
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by GNature(m): 5:18am On Jun 26, 2007
bombom_911:

This Nigerian is in trouble, I just moved to Dallas on invitation of a friend.(not a Nigerian) But now I'm here and I think I'm screwed big time, While this lady is a very nice person, Due to some habits that her and her friends have which I can not state here, I find myself in a limbo right now, All the plans we made is out the window, They seem to be so much into this habit that they do not know what they are doing from min to min, Now I found out they do not have any job. So now I need to find my way around here, I need to find Nigerians here to help me find my way around here, Please email or call me if you live in DALLAS, email me at bombom_911@yahoo.com , Please someone help me from these pot heads,

Be careful of the Nigerians you come in contact with as you seek their help. People have a tendency to take advantage of others that are in a dire situation. My advice to you (hopefully you have a green card) is to get a job and start saving/supporting yourself.  While you are working, you need to glance through the newspapers and see how much it costs to rent a room or a 1 bedroom apartment; then save as much as you'll need to move out. You need to get an apartment or a room to rent asap.

If you do not have the papers to work, that one na a whole nother issue altogether.

I think it is pretty obvious that the folks around you are into drugs. Good luck.  wink
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 5:19am On Jun 26, 2007
G , u said it all, omoge, my patients are fine,
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 5:22am On Jun 26, 2007
@ MP007
angry angry when i tried to say wat Gnature is saying ur said that i have a big mouth , and when he said something similar u say that he said it all angry
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by MP007(m): 5:29am On Jun 26, 2007
nah! u said i was a story teller, how is similar, i dey look my patients jare!!, oni yeye
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omogenaija(f): 5:30am On Jun 26, 2007
storyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by Ndipe(m): 5:55am On Jun 26, 2007
Why are some of us afraid of Nigerians in that Dallas/Houston area, and the DMV area? I'd like to think that living amongst Nigerians is more fun than living apart from them.
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by hollirigth(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2007
This situation is just so unfortunate, however I would like all members to treat as a matter urgency and more seriously going by the content of the writer. This is not the best time for us to point at his mistakes but a time to actually save a soul, after then we can then tell him he should have done and all what not. Please if you live very close to this man, HELP and show your love and concern. I understand no one is a father christmas on this forum, but I believe nothing done to help humanity will never go unrewarded (I am a witness). Yes everyone is right that relying on Nigerian sometimes could be terrible, honestly, I've been there, but yet you can make a difference and conivince the whole wide world that we still have human feelings and love for humanity. I am not in situation to help this young man as I live all the way out there in Washignton State. Please help if you are in the position as no one know the real situation of tis person. I too would feel more comfortable to get help from fellow nija than from strangers. Let us all rise up and 'be our brothers/sisters keepers'.
Holli.
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by bombom911: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2007
I would like to thank everyone that replied this post, I finally got a job and I have a roommate right now and things are going well, I've been in Dallas for about a month now and I love it, I feel very sad about what Nigerians do to each other, When I made this post I was not asking anyone for money or anything other than to find someone to talk to and find out how this city works, I felt like I could speak to people from the same place I'm from and get a heads up on how to do things without having to find out the hard way,

This is why Nigeria and other African countries will never move forward, We move to America and we forget all our values. If this is Nigeria and I'm new to the area someone will be willing to help real fast, but here no one cares maybe because they are not the one in that situation , In fact one guys someone gave me his number to call told me to go and call the red cross , I never asked this guy for money or for anything but why he gotta be so rude I have no idea.

Anyways, I'm here now and I moved to this city for a reason and I think that move is a good one, Time will come when all those good people in Africa will rip their reward while all those who refuse to do good will pay for their actions, You have no idea what is coming. , Thanks for all that gave me some ideas, The person that said something about getting a paper, his/her idea worked best, I tried it and it worked.

Once again thanks to all of you with positive replies. God bless all of you.

The rest of you with bad mouth I say God punish all of you LoL, you are bad Nigerians or bad Africans , or flat our bad people,
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by hollirigth(m): 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2007
I'm happy for you that things eventually worked out. If people refuse to help, God will always send His help. Good luck to you in all your future endeavours smiley smiley
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by omoge(f): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2007
i have followed your post and really am glad to know everything is going on good. keep it up. we all have funny experiences in the hands of our own. after many not too good experiences, i stayed away from them a lot (i have 2 good Nigerian friends in school).
strange they still come to ask me why i have asian roommates or prefer to join their teams in class.

that's our brothers and sisters from home for you. God will always be for us. so I'm really happy about the outcome for you. cheers  cheesy
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by johnbravo: 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2011
PLEASE I NEED ASSISTANCE. I AM LEAVING FROM NIGERIA TO AMERICA because I HAVE MY DV LOTTERY VISA AND I DONT KNOW ANYONE IN DALLAS TEXAS AS I WANT TO STAY THIS PLACE because PPLE TOLD ME THAT THE WEATHER IS HOT . PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP ME HOOK ME UP WITH ROOM MATES because I DONT HAVE MONEY TO LODGE IN HOTEL WHEN I ARRIVE.

THANKS
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by worry246(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
johnbravo
How can you have Visa ?
One of the requirements you must proove is that you will not be a burden on public funds.
You will have to show bank acc statements.
Are you sure you are not dreaming Visa?
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by johnbravo: 4:08am On Nov 07, 2011
worry246

I Think u misunderstand me, I never applied for visa with US, I only play a green card lottery then I was selected, so no one require ur bank statement because is my right to obtain my immigrant visa, only what is required is for me to defend myself during the course of interview that is really me who won the dv lottery, well I have obtain my green card immigrant visa since september which us embassy gave me six month to enter america which I have arrive since 4th of this month, I am now in Chicago which is cold in wheather and I dont like a cold wheather that is the reason I am asking for someone in dallas texas because I dont know anyone there. so plz if u can help, do reply me, I will appreciate.
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2011
johnbravo:

PLEASE I NEED ASSISTANCE. I AM LEAVING FROM NIGERIA TO AMERICA because I HAVE MY DV LOTTERY VISA AND I DONT KNOW ANYONE IN DALLAS TEXAS AS I WANT TO STAY THIS PLACE because PPLE TOLD ME THAT THE WEATHER IS HOT . PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP ME HOOK ME UP WITH ROOM MATES because I DONT HAVE MONEY TO LODGE IN HOTEL WHEN I ARRIVE.

THANKS

So you chose to resurrect a four-year-old thread to request help? Wouldn't it make more sense to start a fresh thread, with an appropriate title?
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by WAVixen: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2011
:-x
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by SapeleDon: 1:34am On Nov 08, 2011
JohnBravo,First my advice to you when coming is to bring enough money that would atleast last you for 3 months until you mix up with Nigerian's there or get your self situated and yes there are Good Nigerian's in Dallas as individual experiences may vary,so will not blame those who have had bad experience as there are good and bad people in all Nationality and not just Nigerians.

Dallas is the London(OWAMBE PARTY EVERY WEEKEND) of America and trust me there will come a time you will actually think you are in Lagos.

The best and easiest way of getting an accomodation there is to first fly in,stay in an hotel for a day or two and check out accomodations in the local area you want to live in on CRAIGLIST.

I live in a Southern State too(close to Texas)and know one or two people in Dallas but will not leave my email address here as i learnt my lesson 3 weeks ago after leaving my email address on Nairaland and i get an average of 20 SCAM emails in a day even till today.

Wish you luck as you start a new life here.
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by johnbravo: 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
Thanks very much for ur advice, I am now in Chicago with a friend of mine, who is more than a friend, who receive me in house and I ate his food, wondering if he is an angel sent to rescue me and I took me around to apply for my SSN. This is getting to a week now, I am here , I feel at home, welll I am abt to register for CNA as they advice me so I can be able to get a job more quickly.
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by ladoshady: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
;
Re: Sos: A Nigerian In Dallas Needs To Find Other Nigerians Fast by ladoshady: 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
q

(1) (Reply)

Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? / Cheap Hotel Close To The U.S. Consulate Lagos / Urgent: How Do I Get To Immigration Office In Festac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.