Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model (1845 Views)

The Mercedes Benz GLB Concept Unveiled (photos) / 15 Interesting Fun Facts About The Mercedes Benz And Daimler AG / Is The Mercedes Benz G65 AMG The Stupidest Car Ever Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by Ovo04(m): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
Good day guys

There was a day I drove my friend’s GLK and it lost electrical power while on the road. I had to do an emergency stop as the car went off immediately. Engineer had to come and start searching for current in the car and I was very disappointed as I was running late on that day.

Now here’s my question.
Is there any bad or similar features on the c250 model as I’m thinking on purchasing it. Is there anything I should know about the car? I’ll appreciate what ever information I get here. Also is it advisable to buy a Nigeria used one? Maybe like a very clean one with lower ODO?
Thanks...

Below is a random downloaded picture of the car

Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by buygala(m): 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
It's a good car as far as i can tell...as long as you don't get an abused one...My boss has one...the day i drove it from Jos to Lokoja, i felt like continuing to Lagos for no reason grin..i was quite sad when the journey ended

But if you do not have access to a certified Benz Mech in your area...abort mission unless you are wadded enough to import one from wherever whenever

If Musbau touches this car for any reason, it will surely lie in State sad

7 Likes

Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by Ovo04(m): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
buygala:
It's a good car as far as i can tell...as long as you don't get an abused one...My boss has one...the day i drove it from Jos to Lokoja, i felt like continuing to Lagos for no reason grin..i was quite sad when the journey ended

But if you do not have access to a certified Benz Mech in your area...abort mission unless you are wadded enough to import one from wherever whenever

If Musbau touches this car for any reason, it will surely lie in State sad

Yes there are mechs that deal on Benz here. I live in Warri precisely. Thanks man for this. I can imagine the comfort you got on that trip cheesy
How was the fuel consumption like?
Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by Autogduru411: 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ovo04:
Good day guys

There was a day I drove my friend’s GLK and it lost electrical power while on the road. I had to do an emergency stop as the car went off immediately. Engineer had to come and start searching for current in the car and I was very disappointed as I was running late on that day.

Now here’s my question.
Is there any bad or similar features on the c250 model as I’m thinking on purchasing it. Is there anything I should know about the car? I’ll appreciate what ever information I get here. Also is it advisable to buy a Nigeria used one? Maybe like a very clean one with lower ODO?
Thanks...

Below is a random downloaded picture of the car

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, it's a reliable and rugged vehicle good value for your money if you eventually get it, i can tell you this for free, As a Mercedes-Benz certified parts dealer and technician.

Fuel consumption is economical, spareparts are readily available in the market.
Distinct sport- and luxury-oriented model responsive steering, stable handling, smooth ride quality, impressive Multimedia package, intuitive COMAND controller, excellent build quality.

Keep in mind that you can always contact me for whenever you need a genuine and original Mercedes-Benz spareparts, contact me via WhatsApp or calls on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
I'll be the devil's advocate here.

I don't like that engine. The M271 is widely regarded as one of the worst engines MB has ever made as implemented on the W203. It's essentially the same engine on the W204 but with the supercharger replaced by a turbocharger. I'm not sure how it performs in that form or if the few tweaks made it more reliable but I don't like that engine.

Get a C300 instead. It's a simple 3.0L naturally aspirated engine without direct injection or any major complications.

3 Likes

Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by willjamal: 1:24am On Aug 13, 2021
Autogduru411:

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, it's a reliable and rugged vehicle good value for your money if you eventually get it, i can tell you this for free, As a Mercedes-Benz certified parts dealer and technician.

Fuel consumption is economical, spareparts are readily available in the market.
Distinct sport- and luxury-oriented model responsive steering, stable handling, smooth ride quality, impressive Multimedia package, intuitive COMAND controller, excellent build quality.

Keep in mind that you can always contact me for whenever you need a genuine and original Mercedes-Benz spareparts, contact me via WhatsApp or calls on my signature.

Are you in Abuja? Drop your contact please.
Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by Autogduru411: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2021
willjamal:

Are you in Abuja? Drop your contact please.

No I'm in Lagos, my contact is on my signature.
Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by whyeafecfupo197: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
Are you thinking of buying a Mercedes-Benz C250 car in Nigeria? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you’ll learn about the different features, pros and cons of the Mercedes-Benz C250, as well as get a better understanding of the market for these cars.

The Mercedes-Benz C250 is a luxurious sedan that offers a great combination of power and comfort. It also offers a 7-speed automatic transmission, as well as a sport-tuned suspension system that provides a smooth ride.

The Mercedes-Benz C250 is a luxurious sedan that offers a great combination of power and comfort. It also offers a 7-speed automatic transmission, as well as a sport-tuned suspension system that provides a smooth ride.

The Mercedes-Benz C250 is a great choice for those looking for a reliable and luxurious car. It also has a good record of reliability, making it a great option for those who prioritize long-term ownership satisfaction.

The Mercedes-Benz C250 is a great choice for those looking for a reliable and luxurious car. It also has a good record of reliability, making it a great option for those who prioritize long-term ownership satisfaction. The cars are known for holding their value well, and they can be easily sold on the used car market for a good price.

In terms of availability, the Mercedes-Benz C250 is widely available in Nigeria.

The cars are known for holding their value well, and they can be easily sold on the used car market for a good price.

In terms of availability, the Mercedes-Benz C250 is widely available in Nigeria. Additionally, there are also a number of online stores that offer the car at competitive prices. It offers a great driving experience, with a powerful engine and comfortable interior.

Additionally, there are also a number of online stores that offer the car at competitive prices. It offers a great driving experience, with a powerful engine and comfortable interior. Furthermore, it has a good resale value in Nigeria, making it a great investment for those looking to buy a car as an investment.

It also has a good record of reliability, making it a great option for those who prioritize long-term ownership satisfaction. For more information, read our full review here: topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/review-of-mercedes-benz-c250-cars-in-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/..

For more information, read our full review here: topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/review-of-mercedes-benz-c250-cars-in-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/..
Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by nairamaniac: 9:55am On Jun 29, 2023
HeavenlyBang:
I'll be the devil's advocate here.

I don't like that engine. The M271 is widely regarded as one of the worst engines MB has ever made as implemented on the W203. It's essentially the same engine on the W204 but with the supercharger replaced by a turbocharger. I'm not sure how it performs in that form or if the few tweaks made it more reliable but I don't like that engine.

Get a C300 instead. it'ss a simple 3.0L naturally aspirated engine without direct injection or any major complications.
Hi, over the years, for past 3years have you found out bout the twaeks that were made on the M274 engine to have made it better/stronger than the M271 engine?
I guess the problem with that W271 was that it cudnt withstand OVERHEATING? That overheating can destroy the engine.

Also can we really say this M272 is better than them both in totality?
I guess they are all 4Matics.
Are these 272 not the ones that have balance shaft problem(if I'm not mistaken)?

Also the M272 I believe consumes much more fuel than the straight 4cylinder M274 engines?
Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2023
nairamaniac:

Hi, over the years, for past 3years have you found out bout the twaeks that were made on the M274 engine to have made it better/stronger than the M271 engine?
I guess the problem with that W271 was that it cudnt withstand OVERHEATING? That overheating can destroy the engine.

Also can we really say this M272 is better than them both in totality?
I guess they are all 4Matics.
Are these 272 not the ones that have balance shaft problem(if I'm not mistaken)?

Also the M272 I believe consumes much more fuel than the straight 4cylinder M274 engines?

M272 had balance shaft issues in the first two years, yes. Otherwise, a rock solid engine. It's pretty much the same as the M273 on my car but with two less cylinders.
Re: Inquiry On The Mercedes Benz C250, 2012 Model by nairamaniac: 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
HeavenlyBang:

M272 had balance shaft issues in the first two years, yes. Otherwise, a rock solid engine. It's pretty much the same as the M273 on my car but with two less cylinders.

How's the fuel efficiency of this M272? Also does it have the issues that are common with the 4matic of the w203? Whereby the shaft gets messed up at some points. The 2sets of shafts cost as much as 80 to 100k, which is not easy.

Pls shed some light on the m274 engine? Has it convinced you beyond the m271? Especially with that issue of Engine getting messed up just because of burnt gasket due to overheating??

(1) (Reply)

My Near Death Experience / 5 Rugged Vehicles Suitable For Nigerian Roads / Corolla 2009: AC & Radiator Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.