Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. (91120 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Twitter, Liable For #endsars Destruction In Nigeria / I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) / Massive EndSARS Protest In Toronto, Canada By Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
r

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Asianjollof007: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
SLAP44:

Have you paid your hoodlums?
No mind the werey
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
s

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by supereagle(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
THE SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS COMMUNIQUE
The South-West governors, on Thursday, raised the alarm over the external infiltration into the region over the wanton destructions that trailed the #EndSARS protest by the youths in the region.

The Chairman South West Governor’s Forum and the governor of Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, who spoke on behalf of the governors in the region, said the protest that started on the peaceful and purpose-driven note, has been hijacked by some people, ostensibly to execute a destructive design.

Akeredolu who noted that the governors in the region responded positively to the demands of the agitators by setting up Judicial Panel Inquiry in their various state to look into the alleged violation of people’s rights and incidence of police brutality after the National Economic Council meeting held on October 16, 2020.

He said: “You will recall that the Inspector General of Police issued an order disbanding the special unit formerly known as Special Anti-Robbery Unit (SARS) in the wake of the protests across the country.

“Recent development leaves us with no other option than to believe that there may have been other reasons for the continued protests, well-coordinated and funded.

“The spread of fake news and videos, which followed an allegation of shooting by some soldiers with a claimed heavy casualty figure at the Lekki Toll Gate, Victoria Island, Lagos, is primarily responsible for the subsequent loss of lives and property.

“We commiserate with the families of victims of violence across Lagos State and slain Policemen. We pray that the Almighty grant them the fortitude to bear these avoidable losses.

“We also note, with much pain and sadness, the vast and spreading destruction of property belonging to notable individuals and vestiges of our collective patrimony and pride”

He said further that “the Governors of the South West States of Nigeria wish to solidarise with the Governor of Lagos State, Mr Babajide Sanwo Olu, on the unfortunate occurrences of the past few days in Lagos State, which have impacted, negatively, on the whole Region.

“It is disquieting, to assert the least, that a protest, widely acclaimed as peaceful and purpose-driven, has been hijacked by some people, ostensibly to execute a destructive design.

“We commiserate with His Royal Majesty, Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, on the sacrilege committed at his palace and condemn in no unmistakable terms the vile attack on Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and destruction of businesses where it is believed he has an interest, TVC, THE NATION to mention a few.

“This regression into savagery exposes our land as not only vulnerable but susceptible to vile manipulations by elements keenly anxious to annihilate the South -est and destroy our common heritage.

“We are deeply concerned with the ease with which public buildings, utilities, police stations and investments of our people have been burnt despite the proximity of security agencies in those areas. We call on the heads of all security agencies to be alive to their obligations to defend the country.”

He charged the security agencies “to investigate all cases of violence with a view to identifying the culprits.

“We are particularly worried that 48 hours, after the unfortunate incident at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos by persons adorning military fatigue, there has been no definitive statement from the military authorities on the incident.

“Our anxiety becomes heightened by the categorical denial of the Governor of Lagos State concerning the deployment. No Governor has the power to authorise the deployment of military personnel in Nigeria.

“We note, with great relief, the confirmation by the Governor that no fatality was recorded at the Lekki Toll Gate incident based on visits to hospitals, mortuaries, both private and public. There were no doubt different levels of
injury to persons arising from the incident at the Lekki Toll Gate.

“Consequently, we insist that full investigation be conducted to ascertain the veracity of the news items liberally circulated by some local media. It is becoming very clear that the conflagration may have been caused by deliberate deployment “a weapon of mass confusion” apology to Dr Ope Banwo. The attendant damage was extensive and massive.

“The selective application of jungle justice raises suspicion as regards the real motive of the arsonists and vandals. We use this medium to appeal to the youth, especially those of South West extraction, to be circumspect lest they
lend themselves to the evil schemes of those who want to destroy our land.

“The protests started off as genuine, demanding reforms and restitution. The current happenings across the South-West, especially Lagos State, have exposed dubiousness and complicity evidencing malice afore-thought.

“We enjoin our youth to rise up to defend our land and people against the diabolical incursions ravaging our space. What do we stand to gain destroying ourselves?

“We cannot continue to fold our hands and watch our heritage destroyed and our people suffer. We must engage, constructively, all those whose dubious solutions to a social problem is the descent to anarchy. We appeal to them to ‘CALM DOWN’.

“We commend the Governor of Lagos State for his administrative acumen. We note his patience and understanding in the face of unwarranted provocation by agents of darkness. We stand, resolutely, with him at this trying period.

“We should not allow brigandage and wanton destruction of lives and property within our walls in the South-West. As we await reports from relevant agencies and action of Government, we appeal to the young ones again to suspend the #ENDSARS protest, remain calm and vigilant.

#EndSARS: South-West governors raise alarm over external infiltration.
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Bhol28: 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
capatainrambo:
It all happened because Buhari sent army to kill protesters .

Before the idiot called Buhari sent the army there was nothing like this in lagos.

Buhari is responsible for this.

Sanwolu the governor is also complicit he should have resisted and given a strong world prior to the killing of peaceful protestors.

the burning have started even before the lekki attack,it just increased after that,while peaceful protesters were there in lekki toll gate hoodlums were burning police stations
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by nsilordgmail(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
Whatever that was destroyed can't be compared to many years of depression, frustration and killings they've caused us!
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
t

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Kaybenny(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
beautiful scenes, lovely sites. They will still share the reconstruction contracts to themselves. nice game plan.
please stop calling Yoruba people southerners, they are westerners and Igbos are the Easterners. don't get it twisted please.
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by omojesu202(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:
This is too much to bear.

WE BURN BRT BUSES WE WALK WITH OUR LEGS
WE BURN OFFICES , WE LOSE OUR JOBS
WE BURN HOUSES, WE BECOME HOMELESS
WE KILL EACH OTHER, WE CREATE HATRED.
WE CAN'T GO OUT , WE DIE OF HUNGER
WE BURN HOSPITALS, PEOPLE DIES.
YOUTHS DIES, FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY DIES
POLICE DIES, MANY CHILDREN BECOMES FATHERLESS AND WOMEN WIDOWS
SOLDIER DIES, OUR DEFENCE BECOMES POROUS
INTERNATIONAL BODY COMES IN
WE BECOME SLAVES IN OUR FATHERS LAND

#STOP DESTRUCTION
#STOP KILLING
#SAVE NIGERIA
#SAVE OUR NATION

blame it on the government.
the higher the number of poor people the more unsafe the society become. they are directly proportional.
there have been anger in the land, this is an outburst. people have been keeping quiet for long.
simple mathematics. balance the equation.

1 Like

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
u

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by internet: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
Neddstark:

Please go on your quest and try and create another Nigeria. Many police stations are still standing. Be brave.
we will create and build a better Nigeria. Be there Revolution loading! We must achieve our aim.
#Endsars
#Endpolicebrutality
#Endbadgovernance
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
v

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
PAWG:

If at all you went to school, it was a waste. I know your type, you can’t dish out but can’t take the heat. Shey na you dey sign the pay check? Oloshi

I'm not trying to convince you PAID SLAVE, I'm trying to cement what human beings already know, and you are giving me the perfect platform COW

Those mayhem were caused by government sponsored thugs
yes there are enormous proofs

Everybody knows that except northerners

Check

https://twitter.com/bertram_hill1/status/1318248049492299776?s=19
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Ilemona/status/1318569415072489473?s=19
https://twitter.com/rosemaryfelix81/status/1318584904800665607?s=19

And if you are purposely lying may your children die a more gruesome DEATH and they will call it fake news

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by KevMitnick: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2020
Sometimes I wonder who gives advise to these politicians. They just act without looking at the consequences of their actions. They are not able to analyze the cause and effect of the steps they are taking.
Instead of allowing peaceful protest to go on, they sent thugs. It turned into something they had absolutely no control of.
All the policemen who stood by and watched as thugs disrupted peaceful protests were running for their lives some days later.
The last straw that broke the camel's back was the avoidable incident at the Lekki toll gate. Now look at the wanton destruction carried out by the disgruntled citizens, we all get to feel the pain eventually just because of the government's lack of foresight.

1 Like

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
That bastard that sent military to off light and kill peacefull protesters caused all this
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Jakemedg(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
NGpatriot:
h
The BRT buses alone should cost 900 Million naira if not 2 Billion naira, if I'm not mistaking
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Tedpgrass: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
Salmoneus:
Ordinary youths would just loot and run, but why destroy many buildings...the amount of unemployment created would be MASSIVE!! the coming days in this country will be very hard!

Not necessarily..
This is where the #ENDSARS movement can gain traction...
1. Create a verified register of all affected businesses
2. Assess financial damage
3. Assess for financial vulnerability... On a traffic light system.. . Those with insurance or back up naturally will be least vulnerable

4. Raise funds.. If 150M can be raised in days.. Can't see any problem raising multiples of that to assist people who have become casualties of "war".

5.Disburse in a credible transparent way within the confines of state law

5b. This is an opportunity for government to increase good will and help with tax breaks/ holidays and administer lieus for business fees.
It's herculean but can be done.. CAC can help with data records etc whilst audits done by independent accounting firms free..
Pro bono work by legal luminaries...

Then we as an electorate are walking the talk we often demand of our leaders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2020
Anybody that still believe you people is MAAD!!!

See all the destruction!!!!

maynia:

Yes they were PAID SLAVE
.and the Government caused this mayhem

Those mayhem were caused by government sponsored thug

Check

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Salmoneus(m): 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jakemedg:

The BRT buses alone should cost 900 Million naira if not 2 Billion naira, if I'm not mistaking

Nigeria is too wealthy kiss
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
w

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by emmyN(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
Fake news. Nairaland sponsors propaganda. These are not EndSARS damages.

1 Like

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by PAWG(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
maynia:

I'm not trying to convince you PAID SLAVE, I'm trying to cement what human beings already know, and you are giving me the perfect platform COW

Those mayhem were caused by government sponsored thugs

Check

And if you are purposely lying may your children die a more gruesome DEATH and they will call it fake news

And I’ll still reiterate, you’re senseless and a zombie to think everyone should think same way and have same opinion as you. Except you have something reasonable to say, quote me not
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
x

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by nura15(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
I have never even heard of a repulsive liar like you.what happened in Lagos was an unfortunate incident caused by misguided elements that every sensible Nigerian irrespective of religion or tribe should feel bad about.For your information,we northerners are guided by our religion that refrains us from rejoicing when our fellow human is adversely affected by something bad.Therefore, northerners are not rejoicing and will never rejoice about what happened in Lagos.Many Hausa's were killed and were robbed of their properties nevertheless we in the north didn't harm any southerner.We allow southerners to do their business without any form of maltreatment or harassment unlike you that make your place like a hell to the northerners.Please, whatever your aim might be stop spreading rumors because I'm sure you will gain nothing from rather than causing another trouble.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
A northerner told me that Igbos came all the way from South East to destroy the home of their Oba of Lagos State as Yorubas are known to respect their elders and can't try such......

And I asked him....

So Yorubas are now cowards to see Igbos coming to their Oba palace and hailed them to go on.....

Up till now he is yet to answer me......

Pls the fight was not only to end SARS,....people are seriously angry in this country...

What was destroyed in Lagos was never planned by anybody, but whoever loves the bullets in the stomach of the harmless protestors , may the same bullets locate his or her family before the year runs out....

2 Likes

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
My special thank you to The feminists Coalition, the Twitter warriors, keyboard warriors and influencers, celebrities and those Nigerians with iq of 5 for funding the destruction of your city.
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by smalldoctor: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
baralatie:
that is secretariat building
that shape if the building is Ajeromi ifelodun local government Ajejunle
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by pasol4real(m): 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
Chai,
I just pity those insurance companies
Omo them go pay tire
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
Tedpgrass:

Not necessarily..
This is where the #ENDSARS movement can gain traction...
1. Create a verified register of all affected businesses
2. Assess financial damage
3. Assess for financial vulnerability... On a traffic light system.. . Those with insurance or back up naturally will be least vulnerable

4. Raise funds.. If 150M can be raised in days.. Can't see any problem raising multiples of that to assist people who have become casualties of "war".

5.Disburse in a credible transparent way within the confines of state law

5b. This is an opportunity for government to increase good will and help with tax breaks/ holidays and administer lieus for business fees.
It's herculean but can be done.. CAC can help with data records etc whilst audits done by independent accounting firms free..
Pro bono work by legal luminaries...

Then we as an electorate are walking the talk we often demand of our leaders

So you think 150M will be able to replace the damage cause.
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Kaybenny(m): 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
Tinubu game plan. Take a risk to gain more. "King of boys".

Iyala iya
Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by NGpatriot: 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
y

Re: Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. by Angelfrost(m): 5:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
Tedpgrass:

That's a long tinnn my friend... A very long tinnnn..

Rehabilitation and enforcement of law and order.. Yes

Excommunication or repatriation - - not feasible in my humble opinion.

True sir... I humbly subscribe to this!!!

However, this won't also work for everyone!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Viewers Doze Off On Lekki Shooting CCTV Footage (Pic & Vid) / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.