Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina (495 Views)

Bashir Ahmed Posted Fake News Claiming EU Commended Buhari On Kankara - SR / BMC, Media Outlets Circulate Fake News Claiming EU Commended Buhari / Delegates Fight During Buhari’s Speech At APC Convention (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by zpakln(f): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi Adesina , the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd . ) , says former President Olusegun Obasanjo commended Buhari ’ s speech on the # EndSARS protests last night .

According to Adesina , Obasanjo told Buhari at a virtual meeting of heads of states on Friday that he “ made points that I believe need to be commended ” .
The Presidential media aide made this known in a statement titled, ‘ How EndSARS Protest Was Hijacked ; Misdirected , President Buhari Tells Former Heads Of State ’ .

Adesina quoted Obasanjo as saying, ” I commend the speech of last night . The nation had been waiting. You made points that I believe need to be commended . Peaceful demonstration is part of democratic practice . The demands of the genuine protesters were accepted , and you are working on implementation . We commend you . ”

Buhari had come under fire by many who described his Thursday speech as one lacking empathy.

The President had also been criticised for keeping silent on the Lekki toll gate shootings of Tuesday night where eyewitnesses said soldiers opened fire on # EndSARS protesters demonstrating against police brutality and seeking the reform of the Nigeria Police Force .

Events had turned violent in the last few days as rampaging hoodlums took advantage of the situation around the country to loot, destroy , and raze public and private assets .

Adesina , however , said Buhari told the past Nigerian leaders at the meeting that he would not fold his arms and allow miscreants destroy the nation.

Adesina quoted Buhari as saying , “It is unfortunate that the initial genuine and well- intended protest of youths in parts of the country against the Special Anti- Robbery Squad was hijacked and misdirected .

” We accepted all the demands and proceeded immediately to scrap SARS and started the process of addressing the other demands.

” Unfortunately , the protesters refused to call off the protest and engage the Government to address their grievances . Instead , they became emboldened and gradually turned violent . ”

Also at the meeting were Gen. Yakubu Gowon , Gen. Ibrahim Babangida , Chief Ernest Shonekan , Gen. Abulsalami Abubakar , and ex -President Goodluck Jonathan .

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/obasanjo-commended-buharis-speech-adesina/

Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Xscape1993(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
I hear you sir. Don't make me laugh please.
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Amotolongbo(f): 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi Adesina , the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President , Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd . ) , says former President Olusegun Obasanjo commended Buhari ’ s speech on the # EndSARS protests last night .
picture and video or I don’t believe it.

If Obasanjo loves the speech, he will write it as a letter he is known to always write, not telling Femi Adesina.

Same Obasanjo you called the “Divider-in-Chief” is now your saving reference

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Righteousness89(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
GOD Heal and Bless NIGERIA

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by LibertyRep: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Same Obasanjo they villify at will and labelled the Divider-in-Chief?

At this rate they won't mind validation from the devil himself.

By the way, Obasanjo does not represent the majority of the people ( maybe Southerners though) who perceived the speech as lacking empathy and substance as expected from the president of a country whose nation is troubled.
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by SUCKCESSFUL: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
The same Obasanjo you abuse on a daily is who you're now quoting

Where is Garba Shehu sef?
Buhari is just using Southerners for his dirty work

Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Swidell: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
tongue
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by IamWonderful: 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
The same Obasanjo that have been condemning Buhari everything, Obasanjo has been vocal against the barbaric, dictatorship and tyrannical attitude of the senile vegetative doppelganger figurehead, Obasanjo isn't senseless to commend gibberish
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Elvictor: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
presidency have spoken, Adesina the werey president of Nigeria.
I guess this idiot was the one who wrote the speech for Bubu
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Elvictor: 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
i know after the curses on this idiot, he will seek to revenge. SW make ona wait for am 2023 na
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Racoon(m): 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
Same OBJ your government called divider-in-chief?
So they are now seeking support for the useless speech the lifeless president made ystdy.Bunch of cursed souls
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by psucc(m): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi, hmmm be sure you have your evidence with you. Because Baba will sue you for libel and character assassination. lolssss

Obj, I know cannot commend Buhari on his last national "speechless Speech" that fails all round test on both national and international front.
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by ouzo1(m): 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi na real comedian hahahahahaha.

so Obasanjo don get sense today abi..

Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by Jostoman: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi adesina you just dey use us dey catch fun.
Re: Obasanjo Commended Buhari’s Speech — Femi Adesina by slimfit1(m): 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
He should be talking to people that know what they are doing no, he is speaking to people that can not add anything meaningful to the crisis.

(1) (Reply)

Can Black People Ever Protest Without Looting Of Private Property? / Sanwo Olu Is An IPOB Member / I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.