Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,026 members, 7,852,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:33 PM

Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo (696 Views)

How To Create Your Website By Yourself Using Wordpress In 20 Minutes / Website Review - A Website By Charles Dairo / Website Review, Please Post A Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2011
Please check out www.avatarenergyltd.com . What do you think?
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by greenmouse(m): 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2011
jUST THERE
i LIKE THE LAYOUT, IT OK. THOUGH LOOKS LIKE A TEMPLATE.
kEEP IT UP
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2011
@greenmouse: thanks for the comment. It's not a template. I designed it from 'scratch'.
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by yawatide(f): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2011
greenmouse:
And what if it is a template?

poster:
Site looks GREAT. It is the cleanest site I have seen posted on NL for review in a long time. Even the code is clean. If I ran a company there, I would be secretly contacting you asking you to come work for me smiley

A few pointers:
1) Your footer: With more links in the left column, it looks unbalanced. I assume this will be the case eventually but if not, add more news items to balance it out. Also, move the "staff email" link to the footer as that isn't something you want visitors to concern themselves with

2) The gray "blobs" on each page, as well as page headers: You should have made the text actual text, as opposed to images. This would have helped with reuse. As it is, if you add another page, you have to waste your time creating new images. Even worse is if you no longer touch the site and then I have to come in and figure out what fonts/color schemes you used.

3) Site map link not working but I guess it isn't ready yet

4) Privacy policy: I would group all the questions at the top and use intra links to go to the answers for each respective question

5) Content width of 844px is too small, which explains why your left column content is long. I would have made the page width 960px, reduced the right column by a few and given most of the width to the left column.

6) About us page: Page header reads, "introduction". It should be consistent with what's in the nav bar. You could then have small headers for "introduction" and "management".

7) Consider adding "back to top" links to the bottom of each content area.

8 ) To further shorten pages, consider wrapping the text in the left column around images on each page. You can use img.floatLeft for that.

Again, overall, I would still give it an A, even though it is missing the stuff above. Taking care of the above would move it to A++.

Good job!
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2011
@yawa-ti-de: Thanks for taking your time to review the website. Thanks also for your attention to details. I'll implement the changes ASAP. I really want that A++. BTW, it's not a template.
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by yawatide(f): 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2011
BTW, it's not a template.

As stated in response to greenmouse, I could care less. Using a template is one thing and being able to customize it well to fit what we want it for is another skillset unto itself.

By the way, isn't our (human) body based on a template? undecided
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2011
By the way, isn't our (human) body based on a template?

Good Point.
Re: Review Please: Avatar Energy - A Website By Charles Dairo by OmniPotens(m): 11:31am On Mar 10, 2011
BTW, is it God that designs a template or someone like you and I who cares to help others hasten their work delivery times?

(1) (Reply)

Website Review / Get An Interactive And Dynamic Website @ N15,000 / N200 Domain Name Promo To Nairalanders Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.