Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest (47200 Views)

Oyo, Ogun, Lagos Set To Light-up Lagos-ibadan Expressway – Makinde / Smart City: LASG To Light Up Lagos With LED Street Lights / Soldiers Beat Up Lagos State Government Clean-Up Committee Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by uuzba(m): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2020
Zionmdde:
Anybody caught destroying properties need to be arrested or shot based on d situation at hand. I mean how exactly can people destroy wat they cannot afford.
Because they cannot afford it, simple!!!!
It is human behaviour and was written about long ago by Aesop:
The Fox and the Grapes.
Driven by hunger, a fox tried to reach some grapes hanging high on the vine but was unable to, although he leaped with all his strength. As he went away, the fox remarked 'Oh, you aren't even ripe yet! I don't need any sour grapes.' People who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain would do well to apply this story to themselves.[4]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO-_KVUyeKc

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by Wiseoldman: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2020
LaReinaa:
They shouldn't be allowed clean Lekki toll gate ooo, we need to carry out forensic examination at the spot, it's a crime scene sad

Block access to the financial and economic capital of West Africa?

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by descartes400: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
More pictures from Lekki Ikoyi Bridge clean up .... Work continues ... We need our State back.

#HealingLagos https:///eIy1CwV7XJ

I zoomed in to the lekki toll gate pictures to see if I can find evidence of bullet holes on walls...steel panels etc emanating from the "massacre " but can't find any! Can't even find splatters of blood...perhaps the army also came with water tanker to wash it off...did it even rain during that period?

Had it been I reside in Lagos, I owe it to my self to fact-check this...but oh yea resident of lekki toll gate area and lagos as a whole who are on nairaland should do us a favour instead of being carried away with sensational news believing anything so long as it will make the government at the centre and the Man Buhari looks bad...

We needs these facts and evidence...in order to hold the government to account.

4 Likes

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by humilitypays(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2020
Just like that, 1500 people killed at the Lekki toll gate have been forgotten angry angry angry
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by descartes400: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2020
humilitypays:
Just like that, 1500 people killed at the Lekki toll gate have been forgotten angry angry angry

Guy take am easy ooh...
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by GNBohr: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2020
Hmm, those are the names they call them by- street urchins, miscreants, hoodlums, touts, what other names do we call them out there. They all over Nigeria in their millions. Oh, they're the ones that infiltrated the peaceful protests. Ah, they were the ones that inflicted the destruction across the country - burning, looting, stealing, killing and, yeah, raping. Really. Were those really their names, I think not. They were the creation of you and me, the monster given birth to and nurtured by the irresponsible system of government we run. They're forgotten, neglected, abandoned, discarded, marginalised children of the country whose lives have become valueless to you and me. So we think, until they reminded all of us once again of their presence, value, importance, efficiency and effectiveness. In just twenty four hours, they brought the entire nation to attention making all of us to scurry to our mothers and fathers, sent the affluents to their sanctuary, that's if they believe it to be so, the leaders were hurriedly moving from one meetings to another. The world looked on in amazement. Just like a wind, they retreated to be by another whirlwind, sooner or later. Do we think we can get away with it, the injustice and inequality that bred them. Let's continue to live in denial as if we don't know the use we put them into. Politicians always negatively empower them, leaders use them as disruptive agents, yet society detest them. These elements know what we think about them, they know we don't value their lives. Surprised, how we now expect them to value all that's societal, the infrastructures, the investments, the government structure, the businesses, oh yes our safety and indeed our lives. Keep calling them all those names and be in fools Paradise, congratulating ourselves for every milestone that doesn't involve them. They're there to destroy everything that we have built, endanger all our lives, kill our loved ones and ultimately crash everything if we continue to turn blind eyes to their existence. The children that the society refuse or fail to cultivate will cultivate themselves into nemesis. We are our own nemesis and we continue to live with it until we decide to cultivate every single child born of this country. Remember, another time is coming for their emergence from where they have crawled back into. They are waiting, watching, thinking and angling for that another time.

2 Likes

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by Iceberghill(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Leave Trash for LAWMA grin
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by Leebills: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2020
Good job, God bless you all.
Lagos will surely overcome.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by tot(f): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2020
GNBohr:
Hmm, those are the names they call them by- street urchins, miscreants, hoodlums, touts, what other names do we call them out there. They all over Nigeria in their millions. Oh, they're the ones that infiltrated the peaceful protests. Ah, they were the ones that inflicted the destruction across the country - burning, looting, stealing, killing and, yeah, raping. Really. Were those really their names, I think not. They were the creation of you and me, the monster given birth to and nurtured by the irresponsible system of government we run. They're forgotten, neglected, abandoned, discarded, marginalised children of the country whose lives have become valueless to you and me. So we think, until they reminded all of us once again of their presence, value, importance, efficiency and effectiveness. In just twenty four hours, they brought the entire nation to attention making all of us to scurry to our mothers and fathers, sent the affluents to their sanctuary, that's if they believe it to be so, the leaders were hurriedly moving from one meetings to another. The world looked on in amazement. Just like a wind, they retreated to be by another whirlwind, sooner or later. Do we think we can get away with it, the injustice and inequality that bred them. Let's continue to live in denial as if we don't know the use we put them into. Politicians always negatively empower them, leaders use them as disruptive agents, yet society detest them. These elements know what we think about them, they know we don't value their lives. Surprised, how we now expect them to value all that's societal, the infrastructures, the investments, the government structure, the businesses, oh yes our safety and indeed our lives. Keep calling them all those names and be in fools Paradise, congratulating ourselves for every milestone that doesn't involve them. They're there to destroy everything that we have built, endanger all our lives, kill our loved ones and ultimately crash everything if we continue to turn blind eyes to their existence. The children that the society refuse or fail to cultivate will cultivate themselves into nemesis. We are our own nemesis and we continue to live with it until we decide to cultivate every single child born of this country. Remember, another time is coming for their emergence from where they have crawled back into. They are waiting, watching, thinking and angling for that another time.

So well said.

That was one of the things I found very alarming - the high number of deprived people in our society casually referred to as touts or hoodlums. What is the future of these people? A society cannot truly thrive by simply ignoring them. A plan needs to be put in place to educate and groom these people else we are truly just in fools' paradise.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by GoshenNLA(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2020
Zionmdde:
Anybody caught destroying properties need to be arrested or shot based on d situation at hand. I mean how exactly can people destroy wat they cannot afford.
Abi oo, Na the same thing I dey talk
But Godforsaken pikins like
Kirchhoff
Joshuaidibia
Nkakp
Vb0mb
Doyou2019
Will disagree with you
Don’t mind them though, God go soon shame them
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by LaReinaa(f): 11:46am On Oct 24, 2020
Wiseoldman:

Block access to the financial and economic capital of West Africa?
It is a Crime scene.. don't be timid..
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by iamdynamite(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2020
I love Lagos...the enemies of Lagos will never prevail on it in Jesus name amen.....

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by crazygod(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2020
YoonSung50:
Oga oooo abeg enough of destroying properties oooo Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 15k. Check my signature for contact details
You do know that the people destroying properties are not online. They 'were' tinubu's boys that couldn't be controlled again. Reminds me of Ramsey in Game of Thrones who was killed by his own killer dogs.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by Incandescent(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2020
Deceptionlove:
The suffering continues, Initial Gra Gra don finish lol. Congratulations Nigerians!!!

You're a cursed idiot.

May your life be like Nigeria
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by GreenDee(f): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2020
Nigeria will be great again.

Nice one LAWMA, keeping Lagos clean and green.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by jaxxy(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2020
U want to get peaceful protesters of the streets and because they didn’t yield to ur appeals u use guns? Are u not mad
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by YoonSung50: 12:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
crazygod:

You do know that the people destroying properties are not online. They 'were' tinubu's boys that couldn't be controlled again. Reminds me of Ramsey in Game of Thrones who was killed by his own killer dogs.
Those thugs looting in other part of the countries like Anambra, IMO, Osun and more Tinubu sent them there too abi?
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by crazygod(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
YoonSung50:
Those thugs looting in other part of the countries like Anambra, IMO, Osun and more Tinubu sent them there too abi?
Obviously its their own political sponsors/godfathers.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by MRFIXER001: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
Am glad to see this
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by GeneralPula: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
NigerianAustral:
...but they should not allocate 100 billion naira for this and call it 'operation clean up Lagos state' o angry

Will you drink sniper if they allocate it?
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by intruder15(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zionmdde:

It's poverty mentality.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by babaarewa(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
dadavivo:
We are coming out next week
You are welcome new SARS will be waiting for you.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2020
Now that they burnt their BRT bus ,make dem ready to pay higher,wait more and treck more.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by NigerianAustral(f): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
GeneralPula:

Will you drink sniper if they allocate it?

It shall be allocated to your family first and you people shall drink it up wink
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by m140(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
NigerianAustral:
...but they should not allocate 100 billion naira for this and call it 'operation clean up Lagos state' o angry
Na who cause am?

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by GeneralPula: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
NigerianAustral:

It shall be allocated to your family first and you people shall drink it up wink

Koshi loh jor..

Oniranu
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by NigerianAustral(f): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
Wiseoldman:

No amount is to big to clean up Lagos.

#RebuildLagos #SaveLagos

Are you actually serious Yes Lagos needs to be cleaned up but your extreme statement sounds like something someone who is part of the government would say, these are some of their excuses to embezzle public fund undecided
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by mobiyina66793: 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
: Those thugs looting in other part of the countries like Anambra, IMO, Osun and more Tinubu sent them there too abi?Obviously its their own political sponsors/godfathers.
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by NigerianAustral(f): 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
m140:

Na who cause am?

Uhm, the last time i checked na the government cause am
Na police brutality cause am
Na SARS cause am
Na bad bad governance cause am

Don't loose focus, open your eyes oga shocked
Re: LAWMA Starts Cleaning Up Lagos After Days Of Unrest by m140(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
NigerianAustral:

Uhm, the last time i checked na the government cause am
Na police brutality cause am
Na SARS cause am
Na bad bad governance cause am

Don't loose focus, open your eyes oga shocked
Nigeria is worth fighting for, but Nigerians e get as e be ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Desperation Must Not Make You Forfeit Your Right - Aisha Yesufu Speaks On Obi / Dino Melaye Exposes 'Kogi Government Thugs' (Photos) / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi's Supporters Showed Him Love Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.