Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? (24032 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / Is Suicide Unforgivable Sin / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2020
WE ARE IN THE END OF THE ENDTIME AND MANY FALSE PROPHETS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT INTO THE WORLD ANOINTED FROM THE PIT OF HELL TO DECEIVE THE ELECTS THROUGH SIGNS AND WONDERS. HOWEVER, AMIST THE MANY FALSE PROPHETS, THERE ARE GENUINE PROPHETS SENT OUT BY GOD DOING THESAME SIGNS AND WONDERS THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. TO IDENTIFY THE POWER A MAN OF GOD IS WORKING WIT IS SIMPLE BUT NOT ALL KNOW HOW TO USE THE WORD OF GOD AND TEST EVERY SPIRIT WHETHER THEY BE OF GOD OR SATAN AS BIBLE ENJOINED US. IF U DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THIS, PLS DONT EVER ASCRIBE A MIRACLE PERFORMED BY A MAN OF GOD TO SATAN AS IT CAN MAKE U QUILTY OF THIS SIN AND CONDEMN U FOREVER. NB: TO KNOW WHETHER A MAN OF GOD IS WORKING WITH THE POWER OF GOD OR THAT OF SATAN, CHECK THE DOCTRINES WHICH THAT MAN OF GOD BELIEVES AND TEACHES AS ANY MAN OF GOD THAT BELIEVES AND TEACHES ANY DOCTRINE CONTRARY TO THE APOSTOLIC DOCTRINES, HAS A FALSE ANOINTING LIKE MBAKA, TB JOSHUA, ADEBOYE, DAVID MOUKA, KUMUYI, CHRIS OYAKILOME, APOSTLE SULEMAN ETC.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by wale2020: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2020
This is another gospel brother. You are just moudling things up.
Blasphemy againts the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with what happened to Judas and Anias n Saphira.

It simply the sin of Unbelief when you study that passage contextually.

live4dgospel:

Acts 5:1-3
"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?"

Ananias and his wife committed the same sin, Judas Iscariot, this is the same of being with believers without being born again. That is Ananias and his wife didn't know believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ even while being the believers. Just the same way Judas Iscariot was Jesus without believing in Him as the Son of God and the Messiah. Did Judas Iscariot die because he betrayed Jesus? Absolutely not! He died because he didn't believe in Christ from the very onset. He is only interested in money. Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, just the way Esau sold his birthright for one morsel of food. What do i mean? Just the way Judas and Esau died because they exchanged material things for salvation, Ananias and his wife died becaus

Acts 5:1-3
"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession. And he kept back part of the proceeds, his wife also being aware of it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the apostles’ feet. But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?"

Ananias and his wife committed the same sin of Judas Iscariot, this is the same sin of being with believers without being born again. That is Ananias and his wife didn't believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ even while being with the believers. Just the same way Judas Iscariot was with Jesus without believing in Him as the Son of God and the Messiah. Did Judas Iscariot die because he sold Jesus to get money? Absolutely not! He died because he betrayed Jesus i.e he sold his salvation for 30 pieces of silver. What sin can we call it? Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit! Judas didn't believe in Christ from the very onset. He is only interested in money. Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Just the way Esau sold his birthright because of one morsel of food. These people love money than their own salvation, in other words they are like leaven trying to leaven the whole congregation.
Who has not lied before? Ananias committed the unforgivable sin not because of lie but because he was with saints without being born again, Satan entered his heart just the way he entered Judas heart. Luke the writer of the book of Acts, addressed him as a certain man. What does that mean, it means a wolf in the midst of sheep, an unbeliever.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by coolsegun2002: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Cocobongo:

Go listen to the music

You are funny man....
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Thattallgirl(f): 10:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Osanoghodua1:
No, the unforgiven sin is not unbelief but the sin of apostate ( abandoning Jesus and rejecting/renouncing Christ)

See now Hebrews 6:4 For it's impossible for those who were once elightened, tasted of haveanly gift..... Read to verse verse 5 it has 5 criteria before one can commit such sin.

Note that a baby christian can't commit the unforgiven sin, and for a Christian to be qualified to commit such sin, he must be very matured and must have partake of the five listed criterion.

A G. O of a church may not have even been qualified enough to commit such sin.
So say someone who has partook of the above criteria, and he is now very sure of whom Christ is like the apostles after the Holy ghost have come upon them, men like Peter, John, James, Paul, for them to now turn back and say Christ is a scam or the whole salvation issue is an hoax or a scam will put them in irreversible lane with God.

The Scripture is clear it says "It's impossible to bring them back" it means they can't be forgiven again and the bible is final about this and not emotional or guessing about it.

For further study

See THE TRIUMPHANT CHURCH BY KENNETH E. HAGIN
Finally! The best answer so far!

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2020
live4dgospel:
Matthew 12:31-32

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

What really constitutes this unforgivable sin? This is a fearful sin nobody would want to commit, right? Because Jesus Himself said that such sin cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come. Today, I would like to shed light on this unforgivable sin and the responsibility of every human being born on this earth. What is the unforgivable sin? If someone says to someone who is speaking in strange tongues, "Shut up!". Does it mean he has committed the unforgivable sin? If someone criticizes prophets and pastors, has he committed the unforgivable sin? Because of this many Christians are afraid of speaking up against all these false miracles, signs, prophecies being propagated by these ministers. I know they think this way because of the scenario that led Jesus to talk about the unforgivable sin. In verse 24 it is written "Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
This is exactly what gave people the misconceptions of the unforgivable sin. What led the Pharisees to utter those words? It because they didn't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their long awaited Messiah. In order words, they didn't believe in the Word of God. It is from the heart the mouth speaks, and God looks at the heart and not just spoken words (1 Samuel 16:7).
In verse 25 it written "But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." That Jesus knew their "thoughts", means Jesus knew their unbelieving hearts, He considered their thoughts not just their spoken words.

Dear fellow Christians, the unforgivable sin is the sin of unbelief. Whosoever commits this one sin cannot be forgiven. Some sins like fornication, murder, theft etc committed out one's weakness can be forgiven. But this sin of unbelief in the gospel of salvation is an unforgivable sin, which one decidedly commits all the days of his life. I mean someone who does not believe in the gospel of Jesus today might believe tomorrow, so the sin of refusing to believe in the gospel of salvation of Jesus Christ till the very end is the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Let's ponder on this for a moment, how can someone be forgiven when he refuses to believe in the way of salvation? If he commits adultery and has received the way of salvation, his sin is forgiven, if he commits murder and has received the gospel of salvation, his murder is forgiven. How then will he be forgiven when he has rejected the very gospel of salvation? Imagine a man drowning in the ocean, a boat man comes around him, straights forward his hand and says "Give me your hand, let me take you in to my boat", to rescue the drowning man inside his boat. If the drowning man consistently refuses to accept the help, if he insists, "Don't worry, I can swim myself out of this ocean", will he be saved? Absolutely not. Therefore, the very sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the sin of unbelief.
Let me explain this in greater details, Nicodemus came to Jesus by night for the fear of the Pharisees. He believed in Jesus but he wanted to learn more from Him, therefore he came to Him by night so that other Pharisees might not speak ill of him. He came to know the way of salvation which other Pharisees rejected. What did Jesus say to him?
He said “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5).
This very gospel of the water and the Spirit is the only way to enter the kingdom of God, so rejecting this gospel till the end is the unforgivable sin. God the Father planned our salvation, God the Son fulfilled it by coming to this world wearing human flesh, have our sins transferred to his head during baptism, and paid the price for sins with His own blood on the cross and rose again the third day, having obtained eternal redemption for those who believe. What is then the work of God the Holy Spirit? It is to bear witness of this gospel. 1 John 5:6
"This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."
Therefore anyone who refuses to believe in the witness of the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ came by the water of His baptism and the blood of His crucifixion cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come.
Oga your words are great but I don’t think unbelief as you said is the unforgivable sin but the Bible being so vague needs wisdom and certain gifts from the Holy Spirit before one can truly understand what is inscribed by the scriptures the same bible said he who sins and asks for forgiveness will be forgiven and that God is a merciful God and he listen to our cry when ever we call unto him and don’t discourage others to think their sins are beyond forgiveness but teach others the kindness of the lord so that they will know that God cares for everyone and will forgive any sin no matter what it might be.
#peace smiley
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by creekman(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2020
Confusion Everywhere
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by OMONGBALI: 11:28am On Oct 25, 2020
live4dgospel:

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

What really constitutes this unforgivable sin? This is a fearful sin nobody would want to commit, right? Because Jesus Himself said that such sin cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come. Today, I would like to shed light on this unforgivable sin and the responsibility of every human being born on this earth. What is the unforgivable sin? If someone says to someone who is speaking in strange tongues, "Shut up!". Does it mean he has committed the unforgivable sin? If someone criticizes prophets and pastors, has he committed the unforgivable sin? Because of this many Christians are afraid of speaking up against all these false miracles, signs, prophecies being propagated by these ministers. I know they think this way because of the scenario that led Jesus to talk about the unforgivable sin. In verse 24 it is written "Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.”
This is exactly what gave people the misconceptions of the unforgivable sin. What led the Pharisees to utter those words? It because they didn't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and their long awaited Messiah. In order words, they didn't believe in the Word of God. It is from the heart the mouth speaks, and God looks at the heart and not just spoken words (1 Samuel 16:7).
In verse 25 it written "But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand." That Jesus knew their "thoughts", means Jesus knew their unbelieving hearts, He considered their thoughts not just their spoken words.

Dear fellow Christians, the unforgivable sin is the sin of unbelief. Whosoever commits this one sin cannot be forgiven. Some sins like fornication, murder, theft etc committed out one's weakness can be forgiven. But this sin of unbelief in the gospel of salvation is an unforgivable sin, which one decidedly commits all the days of his life. I mean someone who does not believe in the gospel of Jesus today might believe tomorrow, so the sin of refusing to believe in the gospel of salvation of Jesus Christ till the very end is the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Let's ponder on this for a moment, how can someone be forgiven when he refuses to believe in the way of salvation? If he commits adultery and has received the way of salvation, his sin is forgiven, if he commits murder and has received the gospel of salvation, his murder is forgiven. How then will he be forgiven when he has rejected the very gospel of salvation? Imagine a man drowning in the ocean, a boat man comes around him, straights forward his hand and says "Give me your hand, let me take you in to my boat", to rescue the drowning man inside his boat. If the drowning man consistently refuses to accept the help, if he insists, "Don't worry, I can swim myself out of this ocean", will he be saved? Absolutely not. Therefore, the very sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the sin of unbelief.
Let me explain this in greater details, Nicodemus came to Jesus by night for the fear of the Pharisees. He believed in Jesus but he wanted to learn more from Him, therefore he came to Him by night so that other Pharisees might not speak ill of him. He came to know the way of salvation which other Pharisees rejected. What did Jesus say to him?
He said “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:5).
This very gospel of the water and the Spirit is the only way to enter the kingdom of God, so rejecting this gospel till the end is the unforgivable sin. God the Father planned our salvation, God the Son fulfilled it by coming to this world wearing human flesh, have our sins transferred to his head during baptism, and paid the price for sins with His own blood on the cross and rose again the third day, having obtained eternal redemption for those who believe. What is then the work of God the Holy Spirit? It is to bear witness of this gospel. 1 John 5:6
"This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth."
Therefore anyone who refuses to believe in the witness of the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ came by the water of His baptism and the blood of His crucifixion cannot be forgiven either in this world or in the world to come.

In your thinking, theft is forgivable but being a non Christian is not. Wow.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by HKGODSWILL(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2020
Hi live4dgospel,
This is it, apostle Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit and that was very obvious. Ananias was debating with apostle Peter.
Apostle Peter knew Ananias deeds because the Holy Spirit revealed it to him, yet Ananias was still claiming right thereby lying against the Holy Spirit who revealed everything to apostle Peter. Note: Eveything the Apostle was saying that moment was from the Holy Spirit. There is no way the Apostle would know what he deed exempt the Holy Spirit revealed it to him. He wasn't there.
That is why we are told never to judge any prophet because prophet are filled with the Holy Spirit.
Now, how does that apply today?
1.When you perform a miracle or heal someone with the power from evil sources to deceive people and claim is the Holy Spirit, you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.
2. When you recieve a revelation about someone or something from an evil source and claim is from the Holy Spirit, you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.
3. When you recieve a revelation from the Holy Spirit and claim is from You or other source you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit . And so on.....
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Danzakidakura(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2020
At OP telling lies or denying the holy Spirit is an unforgiving sin. Example. When miracle is performed and you say it's fake you are denying the power of the holy Spirit..
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by HKGODSWILL(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=Ihedinobi3 post=95301212]

Hello.

Beautiful post, in my estimation. I completely agree with you. There is only one sin that cannot be forgiven and it is unbelief. When anyone rejects the Gospel or fails to accept it, then they cannot be saved. How can they be if they themselves refuse to allow themselves to be saved? Unbelief is the ultimate sin. We could certainly say that pride or arrogance is the ultimate sin, but it is also true that pride expresses itself through a rejection of God's truth and authority, that is, through unbelief.

As for Ananias, if you would accept my offer of help, I would warn you to be careful of those you debate. It is easy for people to muddy the waters when they don't even believe the Gospel, and if you're not careful when you engage them, you yourself could be turned to oppose the very truth that you were standing for.

We don't really see anything in the Bible that suggests that Ananias and Sapphira were not saved. They sinned, even very foolishly, but all believers do that. And the Bible is clear from 1 Corinthians 5:5, 11:30, 1 John 5:16, and a vast number of other Scriptures that we sometimes get killed by the Lord for our sins. A certain degree of wickedness often demands a certain degree of discipline from the Lord. The worse our behavior and the longer it lasts, the worse the discipline we suffer for it. Physical death can form a part of that discipline so that the sinning believer's spirit will be saved from the Lake of Fire.

So, I would be wary of saying that Ananias and Sapphira were not saved. It is also not necessary to try to explain their death in some way to prove that the sin of unbelief is the unforgivable sin. Their experience has nothing at all to do with this matter. They died for their own wickedness. If anyone wished to argue that they committed the unforgivable sin by lying to the Holy Spirit, then where is that parallel in the Lord's words in the passages in the gospels where He spoke of it?

This is it, apostle Peter was filled with the Holy Spirit and that was very obvious. Ananias was debating with apostle Peter.
Apostle Peter knew Ananias deeds because the Holy Spirit revealed it to him, yet Ananias was still claiming right thereby lying against the Holy Spirit who revealed everything to apostle Peter. Note: Eveything the Apostle was saying that moment was from the Holy Spirit. There is no way the Apostle would know what he deed exempt the Holy Spirit revealed it to him. He wasn't there.
That is why we are never to judge the prophet of God because they are all filled with the Holy Spirit.

Now, how does that apply today?
1.When you perform a miracle or heal someone with the power from evil sources to deceive people and claim is the Holy Spirit, you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.
2. When you recieve a revelation about someone or something from an evil source and claim is from the Holy Spirit, you are blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.
3. When you recieve a revelation from the Holy Spirit and claim is from You or other source you are blaspheming against the
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by oluwaahmed: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Some Sins against the Holy Spirit.
(1)False Prophecy- since the spirit of God gives accurate prophecy any false prophet just tried to disgrace the Holy spirit but has condemned himself forever.
(2) Wrong Doctrine - Teaching people how to speak in tongues and wilfully speaking in tongues. Speaking in tongues is meant to be influenced by the Holy spirit, you are not supposed to have an idea that you spoke in tongues except people understand the foreign tongue or someone also led by the spirit is interpreting your tongues.
(3) Profiting from the gifts of the spirit. Remember Elijahs servant? Yea he tried to profit from the gift of healing bestowed on his master and you know what happened to him. Even Jesus warned his descliples not to profit from the spirit during the great commissioning.
(4) Suicide - many soldiers and paramilitary personnel will disagree with me because of their training (eg, if I see a hoard of ISIS heading towards me and I am running out of ammo, I will gladly spare some for myself than let them capture me alive)However a Christian is not allowed to take his life because the spirit of God dwells in you and by taking your life, you have just cut short the work of the spirit.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by EmmaOgbu(m): 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Jesus said, “I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come

Why is this sin “unforgivable?” Jesus said, “Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven” (Mt. 12:31).
God is not unwilling to forgive.
God gave his Son to die for our sins, the righteou0s for the unrighteous, because of his boundless grace.
What makes this sin unforgivable is the offender’s unwillingness to repent and believe.
Conscious and hardened resistance to the truth leads man away from humility and repentance, and without repentance there can be no forgiveness.
You are taking someone somewhere already, why did you stop.

Am interested, tell us more about the unforgivable sin.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Vikalinda(m): 12:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
“I HAVE been obsessed with the thought that I have sinned against the holy spirit.” So wrote a woman in Germany, although she was serving God. Can a Christian actually sin against God’s holy spirit?

They Sinned Against the Spirit

What sins are not forgiven? To answer this question, let us consider some Biblical examples. This should prove comforting to us if we are repentant but are still sorely distressed over our serious errors. We will see that it is not so much a matter of what kind of sin a person has committed; rather, it is the motive, the heart condition, and the degree of willfulness involved that determines whether a sin is forgivable or not.
First-century Jewish religious leaders who maliciously opposed Jesus Christ were sinning against the holy spirit. They saw God’s spirit at work in Jesus as he performed miracles that honored Jehovah. Yet, these enemies of Christ attributed this power to Satan the Devil. According to Jesus, those who thus blasphemed against God’s holy spirit were thereby committing a sin that would not be forgiven in the present “system of things nor in that to come.”​—Matthew 12:22-32.

Blasphemy is defamatory, injurious, or abusive speech. Since the holy spirit has God as its Source, saying things against his spirit is the same as speaking against Jehovah. Unrepentantly resorting to speech of that kind is unforgivable. Jesus’ words about such sin show that Jesus is referring to those who willfully oppose the operation of God’s holy spirit. Because Jehovah’s spirit was at work in Jesus but his opposers ascribed this power to the Devil, they sinfully blasphemed against the spirit. Hence, Jesus declared: “Whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin.”​—Mark 3:20-29.

Consider also the case of Judas Iscariot. He pursued a dishonest course, stealing from the money box entrusted to his care. (John 12:5, 6) Judas later went to the Jewish rulers and arranged to betray Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Yes, Judas felt remorse after the betrayal, but he never repented of his deliberate sin. Consequently, Judas is not worthy of a resurrection. Jesus therefore called him “the son of destruction.”​—John 17:12; Matthew 26:14-16.

They Did Not Sin Against the Spirit

Occasionally, Christians who have confessed their serious sin and who have received spiritual help from congregation elders may still be plagued by concern over past transgressions of God’s law. (James 5:14) If we are personally troubled in this way, very likely we will benefit from considering what the Scriptures say about those whose sins were forgiven.

King David sinned gravely in connection with Bath-sheba, the wife of Uriah. Having seen this beautiful woman bathing as he looked down from his nearby rooftop, David had her brought to his palace and had sexual relations with her. Later informed that she was pregnant, he schemed to have her husband, Uriah, sleep with her to cover up the adultery. When that plot failed, the king arranged for Uriah to be killed in battle. Thereafter, Bath-sheba became David’s wife and bore him a child who died.​—2 Samuel 11:1-27.

Jehovah handled matters involving David and Bath-sheba. God forgave David, apparently taking into account such factors as his repentance and the Kingdom covenant made with him. (2 Samuel 7:11-16; 12:7-14) Bath-sheba evidently had a repentant attitude, for she was privileged to become the mother of King Solomon and an ancestress of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 1:1, 6, 16) If we have sinned, it is good to remember that Jehovah takes note of our repentant attitude.

The extent of Jehovah’s forgiveness is also illustrated in the case of King Manasseh of Judah. He did what was bad in Jehovah’s eyes. Manasseh set up altars to Baal, worshipped “all the army of the heavens,” and even built altars to false gods in two temple courtyards. He made his sons pass through the fire, encouraged spiritistic practices, and caused the inhabitants of Judah and Jerusalem “to do worse than the nations that Jehovah had annihilated from before the sons of Israel.” The warnings delivered by God’s prophets were not heeded. Eventually, the king of Assyria took Manasseh captive. While in captivity, Manasseh repented and humbly kept praying to God, who forgave him and restored him to the kingship in Jerusalem, where he promoted true worship.​—2 Chronicles 33:2-17.

Centuries later, the apostle Peter sinned grievously by denying Jesus. (Mark 14:30, 66-72) However, Jehovah forgave Peter “in a large way.” (Isaiah 55:7) Why? Because Peter was genuinely repentant. (Luke 22:62) There was clear evidence of God’s forgiveness when on the day of Pentecost, Peter was privileged to give a bold witness about Jesus. (Acts 2:14-36) Is there any reason to believe that God would be less forgiving toward truly repentant Christians today? “If errors were what you watch, O Jah, O Jehovah, who could stand?” sang the psalmist, “for there is the true forgiveness with you.”​—Psalm 130:3, 4.

Allaying Fear About Sin

The foregoing examples should help to allay our anxiety about having sinned against the holy spirit. They show that Jehovah does forgive repentant sinners. Of prime importance is earnest prayer to God. If we have sinned, we can plead for forgiveness on the basis of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice, Jehovah’s mercy, our inherited imperfection, and our record of faithful service. Knowing Jehovah’s undeserved kindness, we can seek forgiveness, confident that it will be granted.​—Ephesians 1:7.

What if we have sinned but are unable to pray because our sin has made us spiritually sick? In this regard, the disciple James wrote: “Let [such a person] call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.”​—James 5:14, 15.

Even if a wrongdoer is at the time unrepentant and he is expelled from the congregation, his sin is not necessarily unforgivable. Concerning a disfellowshipped anointed wrongdoer in Corinth, Paul wrote: “This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man, so that, on the contrary now, you should kindly forgive and comfort him, that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad.” (2 Corinthians 2:6-8; 1 Corinthians 5:1-5) To be restored spiritually, however, erring ones need to accept the Bible-based spiritual help of Christian elders and give evidence of true repentance. They must “produce fruits that befit repentance.”​—Luke 3:8.

What might contribute to the feeling that we have sinned against the holy spirit? Overconscientiousness or a weak physical condition may be factors. In such a case, prayer and added rest may be helpful. Especially should we not let Satan discourage us, so that we stop serving God. Since Jehovah has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, he surely takes no delight in the loss of any of his servants. So if we fear that we have sinned against the spirit, we should continue feeding on God’s Word, including such comforting portions as the Psalms. We need to keep on attending congregation meetings and sharing in the Kingdom-preaching work. Doing so will help us to be “healthy in faith” and free from anxiety over the possibility of having committed the unforgivable sin.​—Titus 2:2.

Any who fear that they have sinned against the holy spirit might ask themselves: ‘Have I blasphemed against the holy spirit? Did I genuinely repent of my sin? Do I have faith in God’s forgiveness? Am I an apostate who has rejected spiritual light?’ Very likely, such individuals will realize that they have not blasphemed against God’s holy spirit, nor have they become apostates. They are repentant, and they have abiding faith in Jehovah’s forgiveness. If so, they have not sinned against Jehovah’s holy spirit.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Chamakh93: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
those of you that does not agree with Mr. poster ,are you people saying a person who use to be an atheist and now repents ,such person cannot enter heaven ........ cos I don't understand you people o.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by adewale2011(m): 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jesus is god not God... Be case sensitive please, this mistake has cost men their lives...

Law 3 of the Most High
Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain... The only mistake the Jews made was they did not know that the Father was in Him and he speak and heal from the help of the Most High. God of Everything
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
Powerfly:
The unpardonable sin is unbelief.
The moment you die without accepting Salvation and forgiveness.. You enter an unpardonable state of eternal damnation and condemnation, because beyond the realm of mortals.. There's no repentance in the grave.
U Are Perfectly Wrong.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by infogenius(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
In addition

Unpardonable SIN: It is to neglect the God given Powers within you.

Sin against the Holy Spirit: It is to ignore the Holy Spirit within you. It is to use your conscious energies, when the Holy Spirit is available to do so much more for you.
"Ye stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, do always resist the Holy Ghost" Acts 7;51

Unpardonable SIN: It is to waste the Mighty energy the Father has given you. It is to fail to harness it to your needs, to your worthy desires.

Sin against the Holy Spirit : To ignore Him, to lack initiative or Faith to call Him to your side, to go through life without an inspiration, without a guiding hand from the Holy Spirit within.
Lk 12:10

What is the blasphemy here? By scorning the the power latent in Him, by ridiculing the idea that anything good is within our reach if only we seek His guiding Spirit.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Osanoghodua1: 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=Righteousness89 post=95312449][i]When you Speak against or Contend with what the Spirit of God is Doing , it's a Blasphemy. E.g.
Insulting or Speaking against a Genuine Servant

With due respect my pastor, this is not the unforgiven sin check Hebrews 6:4-6.

Thanks sir
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by GeneralDae: 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
The Holyspirit is the power of God within you. Wilfully denying this power within, which is God's best gift to the world since the coming of christ is the unforgivable sin. Because how then can God help you?
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by EMMY76: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
So many men of God in this country have sinned against the holy spirit they don't even know yet that they have been rejected here on earth and in the world to come.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Dammy30(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
live4dgospel:

MANY DENOMINATIONS FOUNDER BLASPHEMY AGAINST HOLY SPIRIT. CHRIST DIDN'T SEND US TO FOUND CHURCH IN OUR NAME. THEY ARE FALSE SHEPHERD IN SHEEP CLOTHING. DON'T FOLLOW THEM IN THEIR BLASPHEMY. FOLLOW CHRIST.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Dammy30(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
DENOMINATIONS ARE GATE OF HELL. DON'T LET THEM PREVAILED AGAINST YOU. START A FELLOWSHIP WITH TWO OR THREE IN YOUR HOUSE. FOLLOW CHRIST PATTERN OF FELLOWSHIP IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. WHERE THEY HAVE ALL THINGS COMMON. NO TITHING TO ANYBODY. ALL BORN AGAIN PERSONS ARE AUTOMATICALLY CALL TO PREACH CHRIST GOSPEL. NO PRIVATE CALLING IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AS MANY DENOMINATIONS FOUNDER DECEIVED PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THEIR LIES. FOLLOW CHRIST
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Yankee101: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
To lie against Him

He convinces, convinces you to truths

When you know its true but say it's not. Like saying there's no God even after looking at the earth, stars, moon, sun, earth atoms etc and seeing design, order, purpose and saying it's not true
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by jjxxx: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
live4dgospel:

The unforgivable sin is not the sin of unbelief.
Unbelievers will surely find their place in hell. And not everyone that will go to hell that sinned against the Holy Spirit, some even sinned against fellow men. Even someone filled with the Holy can commit the unforgivable sin(can sin against the Holy Spirit). When you blasphemy the Holy Spirit, it's the unforgivable sin like the case or Ananias and Sapphira, they committed the unforgivable sin unlike Judas Iscariot that sinned against Jesus and God. If Judas had not committed suicide and ask for forgiveness, he would have gotten it. But Ananias and Sapphira sinned against the Holy Spirit because they were led by the Holy Spirit to sell all they had and give to it, but they did sell them and kept back a portion and LIED(against the Holy Spirit) that that was all they realised. ( The Holy Spirit revealed it to Peter that this two persons have lied against Him and Peter made it known to them even. As you have read that such sin can not be forgiven, they both paid for it. Moreover, it was after the departing of our Lord Jesus Christ that the Holy Spirit came to action. Holy Spirit was not at work wen Judas sinned.
So OP, stop this false teaching cos they Bible says the death of such will be worst than a stone hung on the neck of someone and thrown into the sea is. If you don't understand the Holy Bible, ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the truth.
Shalom...
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by DBadman: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
Truvel:
Derialer, What's D Difference Btw Ur Points & His?
to
what do you know
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Tcwork: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
You would forgive murder and genocide but because someone does not believe your religion you would never forgive him.
Guy this is hate speech
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by seunmsg(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
There is nothing like Holy Spirit. If it exist truly, it must be one incompetent and ineffectual spirit that is good at only authoring confusion and conflicting evil prophesy. Either which way, it’s not something to be afraid of.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by Tcwork: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
What if someone repents of his unbelief, would he be forgiven?
Why would any other sin be forgiven and not unbelief?
At first Saul did not believe in Christ later he became a strong soldier for Christ.
Please do more research
The sin against the Holy Ghost is a sin beyond most human beings.
It is similar to what lucifer did.
It's when you deny the light and altogether reject it after the holy ghost has mainfested the truth to you.
For example, if after Paul had seen the light he went on to deny it and went back to fighting against the church that is closer to the sin against the holy ghost.
So a Muslim or traditionalist is actually not in danger of the sin.
Only one who the holy ghost has personally revealed truth to... not even most Christians who depend on what their pastors say can commit the sin.
One needs a personal testimony from the spirit in order to be eligible to commit the sin.
Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by NewsBlast: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Here's a simple explanation, screenshot attached:

Re: What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? by udoh2k: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
An unpadonable sin is the continuous /willfull rejection of the holy spirit's conviction/pricking. Bye and bye the holy ghost will be grieved and abandons his work of convicting the person any longer; hence the person will become hardened (because the holy ghost have stopped convicting him) and eventually become and apostate (state of no return, no repentance, doomed for hell). The grief'ing of the holy Spirit is the unpardonable/unforgivable sin .

Dear nairalander, today if you would hear His voice, harden not your heart. Grief not the holy Spirit. Behold today is the day of salvation as long as you are still sensitive to the pricking of the Holy Spirit.

Simeon Chinedu Ononogbu: My Wrong Super Falcons Prediction / Lagos Imam Invited To Pray At House-Warming Is Missing (Photo) / Why Did You Stop Going To Church

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181