Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Women With Only Guy Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women With Only Guy Friends (2411 Views)

Ladies, Am I The Only Guy With The Best Swagg On Nairaland??.... Pictures / You Are Not The Only Guy, Other Guys Want Her Too And May Already Have Her / Is It Only Guy That Should Calll Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women With Only Guy Friends by dealordea(m): 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2011
Have you any of you guys dated women who had ONLY guy friends? I wonder how those relationships went and whether you were able to deal with the fact that she would hang out only with guys.

Cheers!
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by iice(f): 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Made him freakishly jealous.
Kinda hard unless the person actually understands the person you are
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima1(f): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
I do not see the problem with women having all guy friends and the same for the men having all gal friends. 

Insecurity and immaturity needs to be dealt with before entering any form of relationship of the opposite or same sex.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MRBrownJ: 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^well said Mrs Chima!
Not everybody get along as good with their "sex mate" as with the opposite.
If you genuinely trust your partner then there shouldn't be any problem.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by desholah(m): 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
OP.
It's normal , .Though drastic for some people.
I befriend Mrs Chima yet her man never complain undecided
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by 190: 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
iice:

Made him freakishly jealous.
Kinda hard unless the person actually understands the person you are

cool cool
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Goldieluks: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
I don't like the idea,tho.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by 190: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
Goldieluks:

I don't like the idea,tho.

so goldie you wont like me no more if i have much female friends cry cry
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Goldieluks: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2011
what is your game?^^
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
i only have TWO real girlfriends the rest of my friends are
boys hence my rough personality. cool grin I and my two gfs are the 'home girls'
im talkin play American football w/ the guys and get tackled type of 'home girl'
I've only had issues ONE of my past loves when it came to jealousy. Otherwise
my guy friends are cool and very inviting when it comes to their H.G.s boyfriends.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by 190: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
Goldieluks:

what is your game?^^

well come to think of it, my very best friend who i can stick my neck for is a female and shes rite there with u in london
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by ShyOne(f): 6:00am On Mar 25, 2011
I struggled with this one because as far back as my mind can remember - even at the age of 8 - guys have always tried to either date me or beat me up.

I was a tom boy as a girl - gymnastics, ballet, track, wrestling, football, tree climbing, a life guard at the local community swimming pool. (I am a water freak - LOVE SWIMMING)

I also had brothers and male cousins (lots) that taught me how to fight - I didn't know how to wear high heel shoes until my teenage years and didn't learn to actually walk in them properly until my modeling years IN MY 20s.

So I have always felt more comfortable with men and have been a man-magnet with them and they with me especially when the dating years started.

I intimidate most women because I am photo-genically attractive and also I don't hesitate to speak my mind in a very factual way because I have lived (A LOT) AND have friends in 16 different States in the U.S. - my manner is very outspoken (because of the males I have hung around all my life) though I look very, very feminine - and that's just who I am.  I am well-versed in many areas - thanks to my parents.

The guys I dated and even when I married - ALL of them have had a really hard time accepting my male friends who have been in my life for a long time.  Their female spouses and girlfriends - some are cool with it once it has been proven that we are only friends - some aren't cool with it and despise me.

A long time ago - I stopped trying to please other people - especially women.  A woman will hate you out of ignorance, jealousy, her own insecurity, uncomfortable around you if she thinks you look better than she does and she could be a beautiful woman but not know it and therefore hate you and for many miscellaneous reasons.

To hold down confusion with my mate (if he has a problem with it) and/or my male friends mates - I try to include everyone and introduce people - I also try to befriend the females of my male friends - invite them to a book club with me or a day shopping or over to learn a recipe from her and at the same time share a recipe I have learned - while the men are in another room watching a game or playing chess or cards.

That is how I handle it.  If the female is extremely hostile - I turn into a bitc.h - I don't suffer bitc.hes

I see it this way - once I have gone out of my way to give her the opportunity to be my friend - if she consistently chooses the "enemy door," - I give her what she wants - since the male is my friend before I met her and once she is gone, he will still be my friend.  She can either get over it and get with the program or I can ignore her - stop inviting her to functions and just continue to invite him and basically block her from my video.  You can't force someone to like you - but also don't have to put up with their petty BS either.  They can sulk and play the little BS female games in a room alone.  If they are alone long enough - they'll get the picture.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Goldieluks: 6:18am On Mar 25, 2011
190:

well come to think of it, my very best friend who i can stick my neck for is a female and shes rite there with u in london

Oh cool!
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 6:50am On Mar 25, 2011
Shy-One:

I struggled with this one because as far back as my mind can remember - even at the age of 8 - guys have always tried to either date me or beat me up.

I was a tom boy as a girl - gymnastics, ballet, track, wrestling, football, tree climbing, a life guard at the local community swimming pool. (I am a water freak - LOVE SWIMMING)

I also had brothers and male cousins (lots) that taught me how to fight - I didn't know how to wear high heel shoes until my teenage years and didn't learn to actually walk in them properly until my modeling years IN MY 20s.

So I have always felt more comfortable with men and have been a man-magnet with them and they with me especially when the dating years started.

I intimidate most women because I am photo-genically attractive and also I don't hesitate to speak my mind in a very factual way because I have lived (A LOT) AND have friends in 16 different States in the U.S. - my manner is very outspoken (because of the males I have hung around all my life) though I look very, very feminine - and that's just who I am.  I am well-versed in many areas - thanks to my parents.

The guys I dated and even when I married - ALL of them have had a really hard time accepting my male friends who have been in my life for a long time.  Their female spouses and girlfriends - some are cool with it once it has been proven that we are only friends - some aren't cool with it and despise me.

A long time ago - I stopped trying to please other people - especially women.  A woman will hate you out of ignorance, jealousy, her own insecurity, uncomfortable around you if she thinks you look better than she does and she could be a beautiful woman but not know it and therefore hate you and for many miscellaneous reasons.

To hold down confusion with my mate (if he has a problem with it) and/or my male friends mates - I try to include everyone and introduce people - I also try to befriend the females of my male friends - invite them to a book club with me or a day shopping or over to learn a recipe from her and at the same time share a recipe I have learned - while the men are in another room watching a game or playing chess or cards.

That is how I handle it.  If the female is extremely hostile - I turn into a bitc.h - I don't suffer bitc.hes

I see it this way - once I have gone out of my way to give her the opportunity to be my friend - if she consistently chooses the "enemy door," - I give her what she wants - since the male is my friend before I met her and once she is gone, he will still be my friend.  She can either get over it and get with the program or I can ignore her - stop inviting her to functions and just continue to invite him and basically block her from my video.  You can't force someone to like you - but also don't have to put up with their petty BS either.  They can sulk and play the little BS female games in a room alone.  If they are alone long enough - they'll get the picture.

You sound pained did this happen recently?
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by ShyOne(f): 6:53am On Mar 25, 2011
Yeah - I was pained

I had a lot of guy friends and there are 2 in particular that I miss

Their women got sooo ignorant - I had to let them go - just ignorant, stooopid ignorant level - to the point that it was too stressful being around the man because the woman clowned too much for me.

When I am faced with a Clown and a Fool - I can go either way - Get Ignorant right with them, Ignore them or Fight them - so I had to end those 2 friendships - for my own peace of mind.

And I really miss them - funny, make you literally roll on the floor laughing, generous - one of them could cook his azz off

Just good friends - and men can give some of the BEST ADVICE to women ABOUT RELATIONSHIP ISSUES that women have with their men

sooo - yeah I was pained
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by ShyOne(f): 6:56am On Mar 25, 2011
I don't hang out with anybody unless they are quality

Yes those were definitely some quality men

I do miss them - they were quite talented
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 7:10am On Mar 25, 2011
MRBrownJ:

^^well said Mrs Chima!
Not everybody get along as good with their "sex mate" as with the opposite.
If you genuinely trust your partner then there shouldn't be any problem.  

Of course.  There are women who can't get along with each other because of pettiness and competition among each other seems to pull those women away.  I am not saying all woman are like that but MOST silly women do shit like that.  Women today seems to base their worth on how they look and not what they can contribute socially and economically.  Men today seems to base their worth on how much money they have hustled and not what they can contribute socially and intelligently.  

I have always said you are who your friends are.  If you keep getting shitty friends you may want to take an enema because something is definitely shitty about you.  On the flip side of it all there are people who are friendless period.  Hmm.  

It all boils down to personality and if your personality are shitty then you will have a problem regardless what you do, how you look, and what group you blend with.  With unique personality, I have equally amount of gal and guy friends and I have paired a few of them together with my match making skills but that a different thread. cheesy
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 7:15am On Mar 25, 2011
Shy-One:

I don't hang out with anybody unless they are quality

Yes those were definitely some quality men

I do miss them - they were quite talented

I am not saying you are not but in order for anyone to want quality friends they have to possess quality as well.

You are what you attracts. Sometimes we think it is other people when in actuality it is us. I am talking about on a friendship level and not people you are just randomly talking to.

Good friends are hard to come by these days and we have to treat them the same way we want to be treated. Sadly some people take friendship for granted and miss out on a golden opportunity.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by ShyOne(f): 7:24am On Mar 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I am not saying you are not but in order for anyone to want quality friends they have to possess quality as well. 

You are what you attracts.  Sometimes we think it is other people when in actuality it is us.  I am talking about on a friendship level and not people you are just randomly talking to. 

Good friends are hard to come by these days and we have to treat them the same way we want to be treated.  Sadly some people take friendship for granted and miss out on a golden opportunity. 

your response sounds like you misunderstood what i was saying - but that's ok

i wasn't looking for friends - quality or not quality

i realize quite clearly that friends generally have like traits and qualities - so i wasn't questioning quality

i just made a side comment that they were "quality" and I missed them - but I have quite a few friends - I don't lack friends on any level - as I am usually the one that doesn't attend much because of work.

For instance this Friday, Saturday and Sunday - I have 4 different events I have been invited to attend by different friends - but because of work - I might not attend any of them - I will try hard because 3 are networking opportunities that not many people are invited to because of the A-Type Guest list and those events don't come around much so I might have to put down the keyboard for those 3.

Any way thanks for your thoughts
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Pweety4me(f): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Good friends are hard to come by these days and we have to treat them the same way we want to be treated. .
True that!

@Shy-One Hmm touching. . .lol but seriously that's life isn't it?dat's the funny thing there is always risk in every situation, not all friends will make it to your Future we just got to take it as it is & move on with our life. smiley

By the way u seem like u be havin a lot of fun! cheesy lucky yu.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Pweety4me(f): 7:42am On Mar 25, 2011
@OP Guys? & a lot of em? angry
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by InkedNerd(f): 8:04am On Mar 25, 2011
@OP: The dudes I've been with in the past hated the idea that majority of my friends were guys. There was this one guy I was with, whenever I'd leave his house, he tell me to go straight home. I didn't understand why he hated the idea, especially since his housemates were women.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 8:28am On Mar 25, 2011
Shy-One:

your response sounds like you misunderstood what i was saying - but that's ok

i wasn't looking for friends - quality or not quality

i realize quite clearly that friends generally have like traits and qualities - so i wasn't questioning quality

i just made a side comment that they were "quality" and I missed them - but I have quite a few friends - I don't lack friends on any level - as I am usually the one that doesn't attend much because of work.

For instance this Friday, Saturday and Sunday - I have 4 different events I have been invited to attend by different friends - but because of work - I might not attend any of them - I will try hard because 3 are networking opportunities that not many people are invited to because of the A-Type Guest list and those events don't come around much so I might have to put down the keyboard for those 3.

Any way thanks for your thoughts

I was only commenting to what you shared on this thread and took what you said as the basis of my responses.  I can't come up with anything other than what you shared and by no means I was not trying to offend you because you sounded though you was offended.  Not everybody are out to get you. 

You said that you do not hang with people that are not quality so therefore I stated that in order to get quality friends or I should have said hang around quality people you must in fact have quality not saying you per se but used what you said as a basis to my response. 

The amount of friends does not determine you so having multiple friends is not that important what more important is your contribution to life.  Some people do feel bad because the have this amount of friends that they are not liked or whatever which again not everybody can obtain decent friends these days.  The only friend that should matter is the MOST HIGH and that real.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: The dudes I've been with in the past hated the idea that majority of my friends were guys. There was this one guy I was with, whenever I'd leave his house, he tell me to go straight home. I didn't understand why he hated the idea, especially since his housemates were women.

Insecurity is a mofo isn't it? Well, most guys who are insecure will have an issue with their women having guy friends period. You can have one guy friend and he will flip the script. So again, it all boils down to your guy ability to trust you and know that you will not hunch any of your male friends.

That what be going through the guy's mind these days. You know what men talks just as much as the women. Ask the right question and it is milk and honey!
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by InkedNerd(f): 8:49am On Mar 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Insecurity is a mofo isn't it?  Well, most guys who are insecure will have an issue with their women having guy friends period.  You can have one guy friend and he will flip the script.  So again, it all boils down to your guy ability to trust you and know that you will not hunch any of your male friends. 

That what be going through the guy's mind these days.  You know what men talks just as much as the women.  Ask the right question and it is milk and honey! 

I put an end to the whole thing. It sucks because the sex was REALLY good cry. Damn, now every time when I hear a Spanish accent I think of him cry
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I put an end to the whole thing. It sucks because the sex was REALLY good cry. Damn, now every time when I hear a Spanish accent I think of him cry

Awww.  Come here (fluffing bosoms and pat the right side) lay down and talk to Godmother.  Was it good girl?   grin grin grin tongue (looking around to see if I am being spied on)
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by InkedNerd(f): 9:00am On Mar 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Awww.  Come here (fluffing bosoms and pat the right side) lay down and talk to Godmother.  Was it good girl?   grin grin grin tongue  (looking around to see if I am being spied on) 

Hellssssss yeah!!! He'd whisper in my ears in Spanish. Honestly, it was one of the most passionate moments I've ever had with a guy. Let's put it this way, I ALWAYS left his house satisfied wink. I've yet to have another passionate moment like that. I've been thinkin' about giving him a call embarassed.
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Pweety4me(f): 9:05am On Mar 25, 2011
lol espanol! cheesy tongue
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by MrsChima(f): 9:06am On Mar 25, 2011
I know exactly what you saying chile.  Ooh lawd.  Have you ever had a mind Bleep with him?  If you didn't have it with any guy.  I suggest you try it and no lie it is better than physical sex.  I know you like this chica is CRAZY.  The mind Bleep encompasses every thing you need for a lasting pleasure.  

I almost gave Jaybee a sample but somebody told me mind Bleep is cheating too.  Damn!

Inked_Nerd:

Hellssssss yeah!!! He'd whisper in my ears in Spanish. Honestly, it was one of the most passionate moments I've ever had with a guy. Let's put it this way, I ALWAYS left his house satisfied wink. I've yet to have another passionate moment like that. I've been thinkin' about giving him a call embarassed.

Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by InkedNerd(f): 9:17am On Mar 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I know exactly what you saying chile.  Ooh lawd.  Have you ever had a mind bleep with him?  If you didn't have it with any guy.  I suggest you try it and no lie it is better than physical sex.  I know you like this chica is CRAZY.  The mind bleep encompasses every thing you need for a lasting pleasure.  

I almost gave Jaybee a sample but somebody told me mind bleep is cheating too.  Damn!

Forget the mind stuff. I want 100% Honduran meat!!! grin
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by Pweety4me(f): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2011
Wow ladies, easy cheesy tongue
Re: Women With Only Guy Friends by 190: 9:51am On Mar 25, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Forget the mind stuff. I want 100% Honduran meat!!! grin

SMH undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

His greatest Fantasies are of me killing him. / Can I Go Mad Wit Her Pls? / The Spirit Of My Late Girlfriend Is Appearing to me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.