Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions (30879 Views)

Police Arrest 10 Suspected Kidnappers, ‘rescue’ 40 Victims In Taraba / Police Arrest 10 Armed Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti / US Police Arrest 10-Year-Old Black Boy For Robbery In His Mother's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Asour: 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Oh boy!... Other people's properties.

Falz,Aisha Yesufu see wetin una cause

How can it be Falz and Aisha that caused it?

You probably would say they fronted the protest.

Is this the first protest in Nigeria? The Security agencies are flawed, our leadership is mighty flawed the hoodlums seized the opportunity created by the chaos recently. The protests begun since 1st week of oct. How did it degenerate?
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Blabbermouth: 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zionmdde:

sharrap. Be forming jack bauer behind ur keyboard.
The difference between me and you is not money or class, you are a dog and I'm a man - that's the difference.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Zionmdde: 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:

The difference between me and you is not money or class, you are a dog and I'm a man - that's the difference.
see man na.
wen men are told to come out, even u will join them. wat will i not see here
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Oracleforce: 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ndlistic:
Picture Video Below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6aasFIwPbU

The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested ten suspects who took advantage of the #EndSARS protests to carry out wanten desctruction and looting of government and private properties in the state.

Briefing newsmen on Friday, October 23, at the command Headquarters in Ikot Akpan Abia, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Amiegheme Andrew said that the Command also recovered stolen properties worth millions of naira

"It is with a heart full of pains that I address you today. The events of the last 24 hours has given me and every concerned Akwa Ibomite a great course for concern. As the lead Agency in internal security, we have great respect for peaceful protest and we have acted professionally during its progression in the State," he said.

"However, yesterday, some youths with evil intentions in the guise of # ENDSARS went about vandalizing, looting and burning some Government and private property including the Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation (AKBC), Anchor Insurance, De Choice Shopping Mall, L.G showroom, and Access Bank Plc,"

"I have visited all the said places today with my Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, DCP Auwal M. Mohammad, and have made an on-the-spot assessment of damages done.
I commend the State Government’s timely intervention through the imposition of curfew as I today went round to ensure strict compliance, and we will continue to do so.

"Gentlemen of the press, am however delighted to inform you that our quick deployment of Anti-Riot Policemen in conjunction with the efforts of sister security agencies such as the Army and DSS, and the efforts of the State Government has restored normalcy in Uyo and the State in general.

However, the Command’s efforts have yielded positive results leading to the arrest of the following persons:

I. Victor Udoeka Effiong ‘m’
ii. Emediong Michael James ‘f’
iii. Imedimfon Ime James ‘m’
iv. Isaac John Udoh ‘m’
v. Sunday Michael James ‘m’
vi. Wisdom Godswill Reuben ‘m’
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
viii. Akaninyene Abraham Livinus ‘m’
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo ‘m’,

The Command also recovered fourteen Deep Freezers, six Refrigerators, eight flat Screen Televisions.

Others are:

Four (4) water dispensers,
Sixteen (16) bags of rice,
Four (4) Air conditions,
Three ( 3 ) Gas Cookers,
A printer, Tables, chairs, and other items

The CP further said: "The Command will stop at nothing in ensuring that all the looted items are recovered. Lastly, while I thank the good people of the State for their peaceful disposition and continued partnership, I wish to call on the perpetrators of these dastardly acts to desist forthwith and toe the part of peace, or be willing to bear the full weight of the law, as the Command under my watch will not allow anyone to derail the peaceful nature of the State henceforth."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=698915557405129&id=272739526689403

Another wahala for these criminals.....
I dey my house dey enjoy. my peace with the little wey I get...police no fit arrest me. because I'm living on my sweat and hard labor...

To God be the glory
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Shadysen: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2020
crazy world...
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Shadysen: 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
amaham:
Kill them all
Can you say if it your sister or brother I don't support them though.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by shyvicky: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
Most of the hoodlums that looted electronics shops will be caught sooner or later, reason one is some don't have houses to keep and use, two, people might not likely buy from them, three carrying electronics up and down looking for buyer at this time will look suspicious, like if you reason with me.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by SlayerForever: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
I thought idiots said it's Igbo people destroying and looting? No be their people be all this one?
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by aspirebig: 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
Why are these guys stealing and looting from innocent citizens?

They should use that energy to RECALL their senators and Reps.

Stop calling the real thieves HONOURABLE.

They don't deserve that name.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by olajide8(m): 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
Ndlistic:
Picture Video Below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6aasFIwPbU

The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested ten suspects who took advantage of the #EndSARS protests to carry out wanten desctruction and looting of government and private properties in the state.

Briefing newsmen on Friday, October 23, at the command Headquarters in Ikot Akpan Abia, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Amiegheme Andrew said that the Command also recovered stolen properties worth millions of naira

"It is with a heart full of pains that I address you today. The events of the last 24 hours has given me and every concerned Akwa Ibomite a great course for concern. As the lead Agency in internal security, we have great respect for peaceful protest and we have acted professionally during its progression in the State," he said.

"However, yesterday, some youths with evil intentions in the guise of # ENDSARS went about vandalizing, looting and burning some Government and private property including the Akwa Ibom State Broadcasting Corporation (AKBC), Anchor Insurance, De Choice Shopping Mall, L.G showroom, and Access Bank Plc,"

"I have visited all the said places today with my Deputy Commissioner of Police, Operations, DCP Auwal M. Mohammad, and have made an on-the-spot assessment of damages done.
I commend the State Government’s timely intervention through the imposition of curfew as I today went round to ensure strict compliance, and we will continue to do so.

"Gentlemen of the press, am however delighted to inform you that our quick deployment of Anti-Riot Policemen in conjunction with the efforts of sister security agencies such as the Army and DSS, and the efforts of the State Government has restored normalcy in Uyo and the State in general.

However, the Command’s efforts have yielded positive results leading to the arrest of the following persons:

I. Victor Udoeka Effiong ‘m’
iv. Isaac John Udoh ‘m’
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo ‘m’,

The Command also recovered fourteen Deep Freezers, six Refrigerators, eight flat Screen Televisions.

Others are:

Four (4) water dispensers,
Sixteen (16) bags of rice,
Four (4) Air conditions,
Three ( 3 ) Gas Cookers,
A printer, Tables, chairs, and other items

The CP further said: "The Command will stop at nothing in ensuring that all the looted items are recovered. Lastly, while I thank the good people of the State for their peaceful disposition and continued partnership, I wish to call on the perpetrators of these dastardly acts to desist forthwith and toe the part of peace, or be willing to bear the full weight of the law, as the Command under my watch will not allow anyone to derail the peaceful nature of the State henceforth."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=698915557405129&id=272739526689403

We should stop sugar coating all these acts in a bid to justify what should never have taken place - let us use the proper words - police arrest 10 robbers for stealing goods from a shop - simple
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Passionate1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Kill them!

Let's start with politicians. . . .
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by RAYAM(f): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2020
This is stealing, when did fridge and bag of rice look alike. For those carrying indomine, rice from government warehouse, I'm in support but not electronics.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Jdbrasco2: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
Zionmdde:
very good

i thought they were accusing strangers of wrecking havoc in their states. Thank God all of them are indigenes of the state.
Very disgusting accusation that could've triggered attack on non indigenes. Same card some Vultures are playing in Lagos. Instead of denouncing the criminals they went tribal. Pathetic
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Johnmax95(m): 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nice one.

I will design a business website for 10k only.
This covers; hosting, domain name & emails.
Call/WhatsApp: 0802860,9484.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Jdbrasco2: 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:

The internet has given power to cowards to boast what they cannot claim in real life.

How much do they pay you?
Pay him for what? What he stated was correct. The news was that non indigenes carried out the looting. As if there are no criminals that are Akwa Ibom indigene. Don't be a bigot.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Uchasa(m): 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
Akwadwarfs are inborn thieves.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by TruthinAction: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
They should also arrest the politicians hoarding items that are supposed to be distributed as palliatives to Nigerians. Or only poor people are subject to the Law.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Hassanmaye(m): 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
Igbo Amaka give them biafra I swear to God give it one year it will splits to another country.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by somehow: 10:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
All of them are suppose to be Christians judging by their names

Some may likely be ushers, choir member, Sunday school teachers in their churches o

I won't blame most of the looting on hoodlums. Most were done by average Nigerians! Some even went to school.

It's a character and moral thing, not to be blamed on ignorance
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Harrykn: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
I must say I'm really impressed
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by oxiide22(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Have been around the world making some dope money, banging enough Pussy, drinking enough beer,, smoking some weed, seeking for knowledge and most importantly leading or rather at the forefront of the Endsars protest in Benin city
you're not a real Niggar I didn't see you
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by yaki84: 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Have been around the world making some dope money, banging enough Pussy, drinking enough beer,, smoking some weed, seeking for knowledge and most importantly leading or rather at the forefront of the Endsars protest in Benin city
Bros food evening...
please I need to talk to u in private...
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by chidinwachukwu(m): 12:33am On Oct 25, 2020
I thought they Afonja media said it was IPOB,.......Idiot..ts everywhere
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by ike95: 6:05am On Oct 25, 2020
Zionmdde:
very good

i thought they were accusing strangers of wrecking havoc in their states. Thank God all of them are indigenes of the state.

Thats how these hoodlums wil be arrested all over the country and exposed. So idiots can stop hiding behind "its strangers that want to destroy our state"

I hope they will charge them to court and sentence them immediately with hard labour.

Agents of destruction
which prison will you jail them,the damage prisons or were, they should just release the innocent boys to go home, all Nigerians are. looters simple.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Zionmdde: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2020
ike95:
which prison will you jail them,the damage prisons or were, they should just release the innocent boys to go home, all Nigerians are. looters simple.
they should go and join in rehabilitating d reason, sweeping it and tasting d prison life small
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Donspicey: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Oh boy!... Other people's properties.
Falz,Aisha Yesufu see wetin una cause

Endsars really exposed so many atrocities.....

Blame no one bro......

poverty and idleness leads to many unimaginary atrocities
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Legendaryd(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2020
IDesignLOGO:
Reminds me of certain rich dad who refused to send his kid to school

The Hoodlum you know today is a product of either lack of Education or idleness.

Because I can't imagine myself quitting my daily tasks just to go about looting as a Hoodlum.

People tend to forget the word Hoodlum is someone's child.

Lets me Nigeria Great Again by building Bridges instead of Prisons

Stop justifying rubbish abeg...are we not all from the same society
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by DamnnNiggarr: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2020
Benesis

There is some calm now, we will find the foreign elements and thwart them

Like I said earlier
if you like, don't call your youths to order, keep waiting to capture foreign elements till they burn down the remaining structures

Victor Udoeka Effiong ‘m’
iv. Isaac John Udoh ‘m’
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo ‘m’
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by Benesis: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

Like I said earlier

Victor Udoeka Effiong ‘m’
iv. Isaac John Udoh ‘m’
vii. Ntiefon Ime Robbert
ix. Imoh Enobong Sunday
x. Isaac Sunday Udo ‘m’

Quote my post, i stated it clearly that our people are the ones looting for sure, but the arsonist, they are not within.

Why will our people set fire to banks? Why will our people set fire to anchor insurance, our people will loot and go, but its the foreign eldments playin to a script that try to set strategic things on fire
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by mank1234(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Benesis:

Quote my post, i stated it clearly that our people are the ones looting for sure, but the arsonist, they are not within.

Why will our people set fire to banks? Why will our people set fire to anchor insurance, our people will loot and go, but its the foreign eldments playin to a script that try to set strategic things on fire

It's called Mob Action.
No one reasons at that time.
It's your people, stop looking for non existent arsonist.
Re: Police Arrest 10 Suspects In Akwa Ibom, Recover Looted Properties Worth Millions by DamnnNiggarr: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
Benesis:

ok.., I pray police makes another arrest,
You'll be marvelled to see their names.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Police Helped Tony Zitta's Killer Escape After An Accident / Leaked Nude Video: Actors Guild Calls For Arrest Of Empress Njamah’s Ex-lover / Lady Gets N400 Airtime From Bank Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.