Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,967 members, 7,814,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage (1058 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Man Runs Towards Moroccan King's Car During Motorcade With Pope Francis / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by ictplotter(m): 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
What is bible position on marriage, can individual impose a perception generally on a church or christianity in general? Is pope wrong or blaspheming? Speak up.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2020
Watin concern me, my own na to go church, praise God and go back home.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
ictplotter:
What is bible position on marriage, can individual impose a perception generally on a church or christianity in general? Is pope wrong or blaspheming? Speak up.
What Jesus Christ commanded of you from the beginning, is what you ought to ask instead.

According to Jesus Christ, He did not come to condemn but to save those who will believe in Him. Jesus Christ lived, drank and ate with Sinners in His day on earth, never condemning them for their sins. This truth has been around for about 2000 years now, long before your churches and Popes showed up on the scene.

Your Catholic church playing catch up about 1700 years later, not because it has finally realized God's position on sinners and condemnation, but instead because the world has changed, ought to cause you to rethink what you consider your foundation as a so-called believer in Jesus Christ. Are you sure your association with man's church has anything to do with God Himself, or His New Covenant, Jesus Christ, to begin with?
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Righteousness89(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
The Pope has long gone astray!!
He is Pursuing the Work of his Master the " Lawless one"

He is very likely the False Prophet of the antichrist in Rev13..

They are Working behind the Scene for the coming One World Order! One World Religion etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Lightangel65: 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
ictplotter:

The bible teaches us to love one another not condenm them, so if gays want to marry there should be no laws holding them back, we should preach to and pray for them if they don't listen they would face God, not man
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Mcuzy(m): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2020
Well not really against them, I've come to realize that it's their life as long as they hurt no one.
And my church doctrine isn't necessarily mine. wink
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2020
ictplotter:

Do you expect the Pope to come out and ask you to burn all Gays?
He said they have a right not to be outcasts and there should be a law to protect them, so what exactly is wrong with what he said
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:
He said they have a right not to be outcasts and there should be a law to protect them, so what exactly is wrong with what he said
You don't know the history of your Pope's do you? Past popes were, by today's standards, evil men who killed and burned those who did not believe or agree with what they said.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You don't know the history of your Pope's do you? Past popes were, by today's standards, evil men who killed and burned those who did not believe or agree with what they said.

You are a Nigerian who am sure never reached Vatican, so please how do you know this. Give me facts don't tell me what you don't know.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:
You are a Nigerian who am sure never reached Vatican, so please how do you know this. Give me facts don't tell me what you don't know.
I am a Nigerian who has never reached Rome - how sure of you of this?
Facts about what? Information that you can easily google to learn of the many Popes of the past, almost 1700 years of the existence of your church? Information about the gay Pope, Pope Benedict IX, and the other fornicators and adulterers who also served as Popes in years past? undecided
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by ictplotter(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:

But God destroyed a whole entire generation because of the sin of same homosexuality. So who is pope?

1 Like

Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am a Nigerian who has never reached Rome - how sure of you of this?
Facts about what? Information that you can easily google to learn of the many Popes of the past, almost 1700 years of the existence of your church? Information about the gay Pope, Pope Benedict IX, and the other fornicators and adulterers who also served as Popes in years past? undecided

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't care about digging the history of past Popes, all i care about is my spiritual growth, not the Pope and not any man of God for that matter.

As far as I am concerned, the Pope said We all have the right to be in a family and that includes Gay. Thanks for your time.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:
Sorry to disappoint you, I don't care about digging the history of past Popes, all i care about is my spiritual growth, not the Pope and not any man of God for that matter.

As far as I am concerned, the Pope said We all have the right to be in a family and that includes Gay. Thanks for your time.
But you care what the Pope says, don't you? Interesting!
So, if he were to backtrack on what he said this week, would your "spiritual growth" follow suit? undecided undecided
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 8:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
ictplotter:

But God destroyed a whole entire generation because of the sin of same homosexuality. So who is pope?

So are you telling me this Generation has not outdone Sodom and Gomorrah? Why is God not destroying them?

Have you ever asked yourself that question? If you have then what answer did you get?
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But you care what the Pope says, don't you? Interesting!
So, if he were to backtrack on what he said this week, would your "spiritual growth" follow suit? undecided undecided

Oga junkie, I care what the Pope said, he gave his opinion, he was misquoted so I don't care what you say, and how do you backtrack when you mean what you said?
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:
Oga junkie, I care what the Pope said, he gave his opinion, he was misquoted so I don't care what you say, and how do you backtrack when you mean what you said?
The pope was misquoted? How so?
So, you do care what the Pope says but what about what Jesus Christ said to you 2000 years ago?
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So, you do care what the Pope says but what about what Jesus Christ said to you 2000 years ago?

The pope is seen to use the Spanish-language
phrase “convivencia civil,” which is translated in
the film’s subtitles as “civil union.” After some
Spanish-speaking priests said the translation was
inaccurate, Archbishop Fernandez, a theologian
who has long been close to the pope, said that the
pope’s phrase is substantially equivalent to the
phrase “civil union.”
Fr. Augustino Torres, CFR, a New York-based
priest who works in youth ministry, posted a video
on Wednesday saying he believes “the pope was
misunderstood, misquoted, misinterpreted.”
In an October 21 post on Instagram , Torres said
the original Spanish makes clear that the pope’s
comments are not an endorsement of civil unions.
The priest said the phrase that has been translated
by the media as “civil union” is actually better
translated as “law of civil convivience” or “civil
coexistence.”
By using this phrase, Torres said, Pope Francis is
talking about some kind of legal protection, which
the priest did not specify, but not a homosexual
civil union.
But Fernández, Archbishop of La Plata, Argentina,
said Wednesday that the pope’s term connotes a
civil union as the term is commonly understood.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

2000 years ago Jesus said "Love one another as I have Loved you". Why do you ask?
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by ictplotter(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:

So are you telling me this Generation has not outdone Sodom and Gomorrah? Why is God not destroying them?

Have you ever asked yourself that question? If you have then what answer did you get?
We are not, but pope is heading present generation to that level of sodom. When homosexuality will now be a general ethics in our society.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
ictplotter:

We are not, but pope is heading present generation to that level of sodom. When homosexuality will now be a general ethics in our society.

Keep fooling yourself, I will tell you what an atheist told me, he said "From the beginning of time, man was made imperfect, From Adam and Eve being disobedient, not only Adam and Eve, but the angels that revolted in heaven, where did the flaws come from if both mortal and immortal can be imperfect? Even after the flood wiped the whole earth, we still have so many imperfect human, Sodom was destroyed but yet there are GAYS, who do we blame, certainly not Satan for if he was perfect he would not have revolted, so who do we blame for this imperfections, we are like a computer with an inbuilt virus, but who do we blame exactly"?

I can tell you that this Generation has done worse things than Sodom and Gomorrah. Think about it.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by olagoke29970: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
Watin concern me, my own na to go church, praise God and go back home.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by ictplotter(m): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:

Keep fooling yourself, I will tell you what an atheist told me, he said "From the beginning of time, man was made imperfect, From Adam and Eve being disobedient, not only Adam and Eve, but the angels that revolted in heaven, where did the flaws come from if both mortal and immortal can be imperfect? Even after the flood wiped the whole earth, we still have so many imperfect human, Sodom was destroyed but yet there are GAYS, who do we blame, certainly not Satan for if he was perfect he would not have revolted, so who do we blame for this imperfections, we are like a computer with an inbuilt virus, but who do we blame exactly"?

I can tell you that this Generation has done worse things than Sodom and Gomorrah. Think about it.
U sound idiotic.. for telling me to keep fooling myself in this civil discussion. I thought u ar human before but a farm animal mentality.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:

The pope is seen to use the Spanish-language
phrase “convivencia civil,” which is translated in
the film’s subtitles as “civil union.” After some
Spanish-speaking priests said the translation was
inaccurate, Archbishop Fernandez, a theologian
who has long been close to the pope, said that the
pope’s phrase is substantially equivalent to the
phrase “civil union.”
Fr. Augustino Torres, CFR, a New York-based
priest who works in youth ministry, posted a video
on Wednesday saying he believes “the pope was
misunderstood, misquoted, misinterpreted.”
In an October 21 post on Instagram , Torres said
the original Spanish makes clear that the pope’s
comments are not an endorsement of civil unions.
The priest said the phrase that has been translated
by the media as “civil union” is actually better
translated as “law of civil convivience” or “civil
coexistence.”
By using this phrase, Torres said, Pope Francis is
talking about some kind of legal protection, which
the priest did not specify, but not a homosexual
civil union.
But Fernández, Archbishop of La Plata, Argentina,
said Wednesday that the pope’s term connotes a
civil union as the term is commonly understood.
You are trying to say that the Pope never opined in support of the freedoms of those who are different from him, having the same freedoms and rights that he bestows on himself? That is even worse. Remember, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of this faith of ours made it clear 2000 years ago that He, Jesus Christ has not come to condemn the sinners, but instead He came to save those who will be saved. For the pope to continue to stand against the WIll of God Himself, pretending He does so in the name of God, means the pope's stance is anti-Christ in origin. Given that this stance continues from the very beginning of the church, it is clear that the Catholic church never had a foundation in Jesus Christ, to begin with, and still doesn't by the way, since the tree was never planted by God Himself. grin
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by tobechi74: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
As a Catholic, would you remain a Catholic should pope legalize gay wedding inside the church
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
tobechi74:
As a Catholic, would you remain a Catholic should pope legalize gay wedding inside the church

No I won't remain Catholic if that happens
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:
2000 years ago Jesus said "Love one another as I have Loved you". Why do you ask?
Love one another, you say, yet your Catholic church has set itself against those it loves to hate for over 1700 years, against the same Jesus Christ. Does that not even cause you to step back and think who it is you have really set as Master over your soul? undecided
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You are trying to say that the Pope never opined in support of the freedoms of those who are different from him, having the same freedoms and rights that he bestows on himself? That is even worse. Remember, Jesus Christ, the author and finisher of this faith of ours made it clear 2000 years ago that He, Jesus Christ has not come to condemn the sinners, but instead He came to save those who will be saved. For the pope to continue to stand against the WIll of God Himself, pretending He does so in the name of God, means the pope's stance is anti-Christ in origin. Given that this stance continues from the very beginning of the church, it is clear that the Catholic church never had a foundation in Jesus Christ, to begin with, and still doesn't by the way, since the tree was never planted by God Himself. grin

grin Chai, so I have been wasting my time since? Theologically and Historically speaking, the Catholic Church is the Mother of all churches, any church that denies it's root is not from God.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:
grin Chai, so I have been wasting my time since? Theologically and Historically speaking, the Catholic Church is the Mother of all churches, any church that denies it's root is not from God.
Of course, since the mother church has a rotted foundation, it means all churches are in fact rotten from the very core!
Since you seem to know and understand this, why do you continue to hedge your "spiritual growth" with this tree that is obviously anti-Christ from its very foundation?
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
ictplotter:

U sound idiotic.. for telling me to keep fooling myself in this civil discussion. I thought u ar human before but a farm animal mentality.

I almost replied you aggressively but I will let that pass for the sake of peace and for the fact that I know when a daft illiterate writes compared to a smart person grin. Don't mention me and I won't mention you.

Remain Blessed.
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Of course, since the mother church has a rotted foundation, it means all churches are in fact rotten from the very core!
Since you seem to know and understand this, why do you continue to hedge your "spiritual growth" with this tree that is obviously anti-Christ from its very foundation?

Its because I have searched all over, I have done everything, I have seen everything so I can tell you that there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church.

Perhaps you can suggest your religion
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
Emescot:

Its because I have searched all over, I have done everything, I have seen everything so I can tell you that there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church.

Perhaps you can suggest your religion
Jesus Christ never sold salvation to the world attached to any entity, not even a catholic church that only came into existence almost 400 years after His death. Or is the Salvation you speak of different from the one Jesus Christ came and offered free of charge, and open to all and sundry i.e. the entire world(not those attached to some entity called a Catholic church or even a church for that matter)?

My religion is Jesus Christ!
Re: As A Catholic, Do You Agree With Pope Francis' Position To Legalize Gal Marriage by Emescot(m): 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ never sold salvation to the world attached to any entity, not even a catholic church that only came into existence almost 400 years after His death. Or is the Salvation you speak of different from the one Jesus Christ came and offered free of charge, and open to all and sundry i.e. the entire world(not those attached to some entity called a Catholic church or even a church for that matter)?

My religion is Jesus Christ!

Then I am happy for you. Goodnight

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tope Alabi Publicly Criticizes Yinka Alaseyori Oniduromi Song (pics and video) / Faith Or Foolishness? / why does members and pastors of Christ Embassy have to jerrycurls their hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.