Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? (1190 Views)

"We Can't Survive Without Yahoo Boys" - Prostitutes Join #EndSARS Protest / INEC Confirms Rivers APC Won’t Participate In 2019 Elections / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
Taking a close look at all that happened in these past days in the course of the #ENDSARS protest, it seemed to me like the North were not really in support of it. Apart from Abuja which is basically no man's land and Jos, I saw no protest in the north.
The protest was later upgraded to #EndBadGovernment and #Buharimustgo; yet there was little or no participation from the North.

My questions are these?
Is it that SARS never harassed those living in the North?
Is there a different form of governance going on in the North?
Is the cost of living different there?
Why was the North absent in the protest?

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by EmptyGarden(m): 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
They participated... As PROSARS.

4 Likes

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by TecM0: 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
Jos , Kaduna, Gombe and Abuja were for end SARS

Kano and Bronu were for reform police , Zulum even begged SARS to be relocated to his state to free them from Boko Haram and bandits

Katsina was for end banditry

2 Likes

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
EmptyGarden:
They participated... As PROSARS.

Just imagine! That is the issue. Why did they do that?
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
The same persons are now looter and hoodlums.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:
Jos , Kaduna, Gombe and Abuja were for end SARS

Kano and Bronu were for reform police , Zulum even begged SARS to be relocated to his state to free them from Boko Haram and bandits

Katsina was for end banditry

This is informative. Are these factual?
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by TecM0: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Because they need police to help with criminals while you don't in your region

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
Seeing the degree of destruction that occurred in the South, the alleged reluctance of the President to intervene and the withdrawal of the Northern youth, will it be wrong to say it seem orchestrated somehow?
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by hisgrace090: 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2020
Aside from boko hara no security outfits maltreat the northerners till date.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:

Haha. Funny.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2020
hisgrace090:
Aside from boko hara no security outfits maltreat the northerners till date.

Why? Presidential coverage?
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Kyase(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:

If not for some good ones and innocent, police for just pack come north leave them with their ametakun

Where's the ametakun now sef, probably looting too

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by TecM0: 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Haha. Funny.

Abi here in Southwest we don't have bandits and Boko Haram so we should not have same security architecture with a core northern state
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Jakemedg(m): 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Mr man Jos,Taraba, i know participated in the end sars protests

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kyase:

If not for some good ones and innocent, police for just pack come north leave them with their ametakun

Do you feel the southerners disrespect, disregard and maltreat the police force?
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Jakemedg:
Mr man Jos,Taraba, i know participated in the end sars protests
Yes sir.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Focktot: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Freedom of association is a fundamental human right

People can choose who they want to associate with.

The northerners can do whatever they want

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:

Abi here in Southwest we don't have bandits and Boko Haram so we should not have same security architecture with a core northern state

That is very bad. All lives are important and worth protecting. BTW, Fulani herdsmen are making the south unsafe.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by hisgrace090: 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Why? Presidential coverage?
It has been like that for a very long time.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Kyase(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Do you feel the southerners disrespect, disregard and maltreat the police force?
Absolutely without a doubt, I won't say more.....

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
Focktot:
Freedom of association is a fundamental human right

People can choose who they want to associate with.

The northerners can do whatever they want

Yes sir. I am very much aware of that. Behind every action there is a motive. I am here to find out the motive.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by TecM0: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

That is very bad. All lives are important and worth protecting. BTW, Fulani herdsmen are making the south unsafe.

And we now have rangers and troopers Manning our forest, they are called Amotekun

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
Kyase:
Absolutely without a doubt, I won't say more.....
This is noted sir. Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2020
hisgrace090:
It has been like that for a very long time.
This is noted too. But do you know the reason for this?
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
TecM0:

And we now have rangers and troopers Manning our forest, they are called Amotekun

Oh yes. That's true. I pray they succeed.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by Focktot: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Yes sir. I am very much aware of that. Behind every action there is a motive. I am here to find out the motive.
Why do you want to know the motive?

What if they don't feel connected to the struggles of endsars?

You should know Nigeria is particularly two countries if not Four different countries.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2020
Focktot:
Why do you want to know the motive?

What if they don't feel connected to the struggles of endsars?

You should know Nigeria is particularly two countries if not Four different countries.

You may be correct. No connection to the #ENDSARS struggles.

Now, you just suggested a motive. Thanks a lot.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by hisgrace090: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

This is noted too. But do you know the reason for this?

To make their people comfortable alway is the reason.

remember army and police shooting at protesters while neglecting those distroying and looting the southerners goods only to make buhari comfortable as any other person can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by henrycloud: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2020
hisgrace090:

To make their people comfortable alway is the reason.

remember army and police shooting at protesters while neglecting those distroying and looting the southerners goods only to make buhari comfortable as any other person can go to hell.

Thank you so much sir. You have done great.
Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by hisgrace090: 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:

Thank you so much sir. You have done great.
Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by omenka(m): 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
I dont understand why we keep raising this issue when we know most of the time, the loyalty of nigerians to the government is somewhat dictated by the ethnicity or religion of the president.

There wasn't much activity in the North just as there wasn't much activity in 2012 in the South South and South East during occupy Nigeria protests.

It is the NORM in Nigeria.

The only part of Nigeria where you see a violation of this rule to some extent is in the South West. Remember no other region rebelled against Obasanjo as much as they did. That was then anyway, I bet it would be different tomorrow if a South Westerner becomes the president because Nigeria is alot different than what it was in 2006/7.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Northern Nigeria Participate In The #ENDSARS Protest? by hisgrace090: 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
henrycloud:
Seeing the degree of destruction that occurred in the South, the alleged reluctance of the President to intervene and the withdrawal of the Northern youth, will it be wrong to say it seem orchestrated somehow?

fully ochestrated. see the fllowing screen shot of core northerners threat at the begining of the protest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 / Jan 15,1966 : The Hidden Truth You Will Never Hear / Let Us Talk Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.