Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:30 AM

Let Us Talk Cows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Talk Cows (1305 Views)

OyigboUpdate Let Us Talk About Biafra And IPOB / Are You From Anambra State Let Us Talk About Our Town And Village Proudly Enugbu / Let Us Talk About MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
We hear all the time that herdsmen dig up people's cassava to feed to their cows.
The question to my mind is what is stopping people in the south from keeping cattle.

There is nothing to say that only Fulani can keep cows

From available evidence they do not even seem to have any scientific understanding of what they are doing

What seems clear is that cows can be raised on cassava.

Cassava is very easy to grow. There is plenty of rain in the south and people have no jobs

The obvious question people will ask is

Where do we get cows from?

Yes a good question

It is not supposed to be easy
but Nigerians are resourceful people

There are so many breeds of cattle that will do well in the south and breeds can be imported or developed

This is what the likes of NDDC and rich states like Delta and and Akwa Ibom should be doing

The truth is the land in the south is blessed and that is why the Fulani covet it.

It is not rocket science.

We have to start somewhere

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 24, 2021
Yoruba carry ur cross. Stop lumping the south into ur nightmares.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by qwertyboss(m): 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
We hear all the time that herdsmen dig up people's cassava to feed to their cows.
The question to my mind is what is stopping people in the south from keeping cattle.

From available evidence they do not even seem to have any scientific understanding of what they are doing

Cassava is very easy to grow. There is plenty of rain in the south and people have no jobs

Yes a good question

There are so many breeds of cattle that will do well in the south and breeds can be imported or developed

This is what the likes of NDDC and rich states like Delta and and Akwa Ibom should be doing

The truth is the land in the south is blessed and that is why the Fulani covet it.

now, this is what I called healthy competition to eliminate threat not some jig jack unleashing violence thinking its the best approach...
only illiterates resort to violence
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
qwertyboss:

now, this is what I called healthy competition to eliminate threat not some jig jack unleashing violence thinking its the best approach...
only illiterates resort to violence
Guy even that competition will provoke violence and a need for a response.

They are rustling cows in the north from themselves so you can expect the same here .
Of course that should be factored into the planning
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
OOzz:
Yoruba carry ur cross. Stop lumping the south in ur nightmares.
You are a bitter twisted individual.

The red soil of your land is not suitable for agriculture so you are not involved

How much is your land in total? less than Kwara state?

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by qwertyboss(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
Guy even that competition will provoke violence and a need for a response.

They are rustling cows in the north from themselves so you can expect the same here .
Of course that should be factored into the planning
since the plan wouldn't consider the pastoral system then we can rule out cattle rustling
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
You are a bitter twisted individual.

The red soil of your land is not suitable for agriculture so you are not involved

How much is your land in total? less than Kwara state?

Carry ur cross. There is nothing like southern unity you backstabbing Slimy cretins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
qwertyboss:

since the plan wouldn't consider the pastoral system then we can rule out cattle rustling
Rustling happens EVERYWHERE

It is not a Fulani word

Anyway my interest

is not to focus on the security issue on this thread but the business viability

Is it economically viable to grow cassava to feed cattle
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
OOzz:
Yoruba carry ur cross. Stop lumping the south in ur nightmares.

I swear e Dey vex me as these scratch face peeps dey call south this - south that these days.

Let them face the Fulani and cows head on and leave everyone else out of it. Or abi Aren’t they not sophisticated accommodators again? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

I swear e Dey vex me as these scratch face peeps dey call south this - south that these days.

Let them face the Fulani and cows head on and leave everyone else out of it. Or abi Aren’t they not sophisticated accommodators again? grin

Very evil people. When it happens to other tribes, they will be very happy and rejoicing, once theirs is affected, they will remember southern unity. Evil people

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
OOzz:

Very evil people. When it happens to other tribes, they will be very happy and rejoicing, once theirs is affected, they will remember southern unity. Evil people

I swear very vile and evil two-faced entities.

Look at the Sunday guys face self, it’s like him and tiger fought at a certain time and the tiger have him a very dirty slap grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by FSU: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Yes a good question

Best opinion on Nairaland in recent times. Even though your are a madt tribalist grin grin grin, could not agree more with you here.
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

Guy I can see you are bitter but this thread is about the business of cattle not your pet hate.

Specifically I want to talk about growing casaava to feed cattle.

Numbers
How much land does it take to feed 1 cow to maturity . That is the focus

Yoruba have not and will NEVER seek help from Ibos for security

We know you are bitter about Twenty pounds so stop feeling relevant you will never be
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
So anyone with knowledge let us crunch some numbers

How much cassava can you grow on 1 acre in one year?

How much cassava will you need to get a cow ready for market
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
Guy I can see you are bitter but this thread is about the business of cattle not your pet hate.

Specifically I want to talk about growing casaava to feed cattle.

Numbers
How much land does it take to feed 1 cow to maturity . That is the focus

Yoruba have not and will NEVER seek help from Ibos for security

We know you are bitter about Twenty pounds so stop feeling relevant you will never be

Ogbeni drop phone go outside to your backyard and see the Fulani herdsmen setting up their camp there.

Be here calculating cassava till they behead you. Let me see the mouth you’d use to eat the garri grin

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

Ogbeni drop phone go outside to your backyard and see the Fulani herdsmen setting up their camp there.

Be here calculating cassava till they behead you. Let me see the mouth you’d use to eat the garri grin
Not everyone browsess with a phone

We are not coevals
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

We are not coevals

Oremi close computer carry your phone and call your papa for village now now.

Word reaching us here is that they have uprooted half the cassava in his farm and will collect the rest tomorrow.

So fast fast oh so that hunger won’t kill you and your family before the herdsmen come knocking on your door
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by SoBright101: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west, some are not Nigerian. They have more than twenty monikers, they would create tribal related topics and make tribal comments with different monikers to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.
They dominate this platform. They are evil and restless until their aim is achieved.
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

Word reaching us here is that they have uprooted half the cassava in his farm and will collect the rest tomorrow.

So fast fast oh so that hunger won’t kill you and your family before the herdsmen come knocking on your door
Guy You done they take style dey mention my family wetin bring that one ?
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by FSU: 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

We are not coevals
What do you think about this? A little digression.

https://www.nairaland.com/6380940/fulani-v-nigeria
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

Guy why you dey mention my papa? Don't you think you are going too far?
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
Guy You done they take style dey mention my family wetin bring that one ?

Ahh! You Dey fear? grin

Hahaha

Don’t you know it’s your extended family and relatives that have been receiving it hot hot in the farms since all this while? Or you think it’s foreigners that Fulani are terrorizing?

You better act now before it gets to your own side e hia

See this guy oh lol
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Guy why you dey mention my papa? Don't you think you are going too far?

I didn’t curse or abuse your papa. I just advised you to call him to check his farm tomorrow morning dazzall undecided
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
FSU:

What do you think about this? A little digression.

https://www.nairaland.com/6380940/fulani-v-nigeria
Seriously I do not have anything against Fulani as a group.

I am genuinely interested in the idea that cattle rearing is a VERY lucrative business and people in the southern part should learn the business to fight unemployment

Another thing is that we can ship dried cassava up north

That way there is no need to be marching cattle up and down.

Cassava is the easiest crop to grow
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

I didn’t curse or abuse your papa. I just advised you to call him to check his farm tomorrow morning dazzall undecided
If you see me in real life you won't say that to me . Let us not become animals because we are online leave my father out of it
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by AregbeFufu: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
Funny how these people want objectivity and logic when their at the receiving end,two things they never give to others
After rejoicing at the predicament of others and mouthing off about political sagacity,they want to play the objectivity card.
Anyway aribisala0,I know nothing about cows and cassavas.
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by omoharry(f): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
OOzz:

Carry ur cross. There is nothing like southern unity you backstabbing Slimy cretins.
wgat is wrong with you ? Why are your comment always stupid with no sense of direction? .This is a healthy forum and your regular tribal bashing forum where you can masturbate over, to make you feel better ..Pls Bleep off and leave this forum for matured mind .
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
omoharry:
[s]wgat is wrong with you ? Why are your comment always stupid with no sense of direction? .This is a healthy forum and your regular tribal bashing forum where you can masturbate over, to make you feel better ..Pls Bleep off and leave this forum for matured mind[/s] .

Cries of an omoluabi tongue
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by Emperor5(m): 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2021
Cow is easier to rear....my grandfather is commercial farmer in East he has many cow, ship and fowl

Michael okpara university has thousand of cow they control it without coursing destruction to other farmers

But this Fulani is extremely wicked
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by an0daGuy: 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
If you see me in real life you won't say that to me . Let us not become animals because we are online leave my father out of it

Oya go and check the farm on his behalf since you don’t want to trouble the old man.

A stitch in time saves nine.

And whoever you are or whatever you look like doesn’t matter in this discourse so shove it.

Imagine someone that his region is going up in flames and he’s trying to call people to calculate how much cassava to plant to feed the same cows that are the cause of the whole fracas.

Won’t you first save your land before training cows? Or will you carry your farmland in your head and relocate when they get to your side?

Think mr. Man ... think. There’s no more time. Stop doing calculations online and go out to the bush to chase those urchins away first
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
an0daGuy:

Oya go and check the farm on his behalf since you don’t want to trouble the old man.

A stitch in time saves nine.

And whoever you are or whatever you look like doesn’t matter in this discourse so shove it.

Imagine someone that his region is going up in flames and he’s trying to call people to calculate how much cassava to plant to feed the same cows that are the cause of the whole fracas.

Won’t you first save your land before training cows? Or will you carry your farmland in your head and relocate when they get to your side?

Think mr. Man ... think. There’s no more time. Stop doing calculations online and go out to the bush to chase those urchins away first

I can see you are filled with bitterness to the Yoruba but you are not relevant to us

Your ancient grudges and desire for revenge will never be requited
Re: Let Us Talk Cows by aribisala0(m): 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
Emperor5:
Cow is easier to rear....my grandfather is commercial farmer in East he has many cow, ship and fowl

Michael okpara university has thousand of cow they control it without coursing destruction to other farmers

But this Fulani is extremely wicked
Are these Native cows or Northern cows?

They are not all Fulani and many of them are victims themselves.
Many have had their own villages burnt etc and have psychological issues fueled by drugs

That will be sorted out soon. I am confident of that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Nation:Hold Police Responsible If Lagos Rally Turns Violent–Igboho’s Aide / How World Leaders with Different Languages Communicate At Events. / If You Were In PDP, We Would Have Given You The Ticket- Bauchi Gov. To Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.