Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years (5333 Views)

Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2011
Jonathan promises stable power
supply in four years

By Jethro Iblieke
March 9, 2011 03:39AM

Nigerians should expect stable power
supply in the next four years, Nigerian
president, Goodluck Jonathan said
yesterday in Benin City
while addressing
the crowd that attended the People ’s
Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential
campaign.
Mr Jonathan, who said the transformation
of the Nigerian economy is crucial to his
administration called on the youth to shun
violence in the forthcoming election.
“Our idea is to transform the economy to
create space for all of us to operate. We are
emphasizing on the power sector. Power
has been one of our key points in our
process of transforming the country. We
are saying that in the next four years, for
God ’s sake, Nigerians should have stable
power so that small and medium scale
enterprises can thrive,
” he said. “Our focus
is to support the small and medium scale
enterprise that employs more than 70
percent of our people to be very vibrant,
and we cannot do it without power. ” The
president also promised that his
government will widen the operations of
the oil industry to enable it employ many
more Nigerians.

Oga Jonathan has shifted goalpost again. Notice how the expected date of delivery coincides with the end of the next tenure when it would be easy to lie again in preparation for the next election.

234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5682098-146/story.csp
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Solomon227(m): 10:55pm On Mar 09, 2011
A journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step they say. GEJ has been in power since 1999 and we can hardly point to any outstanding achievement(s) we can tag to his name.

If he could not perform/convince in 12 years na magic him wan use in 4 years to impress?

[size=20pt]Abeg Vote BB 2011[/size] for the future of our children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by rebranded(m): 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
What happened to executing a state of emergency to the power sector when him and late yarádua campaigned grin

want to give us another post, shine your eyes Nigeria, vote for anyone apart from PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by egift(m): 2:14am On Mar 10, 2011
If this slow motion is a "state of emergency" then Jonathan is leading us to nowhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ekubear1: 2:25am On Mar 10, 2011
How about concrete goals. 10K MW by May 2012, 20K by May 2013, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 10, 2011
I dey laff for Swahili grin grin
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Osama10(m): 5:23am On Mar 10, 2011
Story Story Story
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by az77zy(m): 5:51am On Mar 10, 2011
If not for the inability and cowardness of the nigeria youths to make the idiotic politicians accountable by all means, none of them will be making promises they know they will not keep. The issue of power supply is a thing professionals know can be resolve in a very short time. Moreover if there was no oil and rivers in nigeria, does it mean there would have been no light at all in this country? Guys make una think about am. If we the mass no act against the idiots you think say them go ever rule this country well?
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 10, 2011
Sounds like a broken record. This guys are so convinced dat Nigerians are dummies der4 they keep repeating these lies every 4yrs to d same dummy Nigerians who will folishly fall for dat crap anytime anyday. May God deliver us frm anything that has pdp in it cos it is FAKE.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by yemmight(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2011
We cannot wait untill 4 years. We want someone who can fix the light within a year. Meaning Odechukwu is not the candidate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by zignor(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2011
sigh
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ibrolamin(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2011
hmmm, This yeye people deceiving people think we people dey myopic. Na today. Another lame attempt from the clueless man to exploit on our yearnings. Spending over N100m per day on campaign rallies from taxpayers funds when there are reasonable ventures to channel such. Sorry joe, but this time you can get my vote, simple, certainly not with promise of stable power supply. You have so far been tested and proven to be untrustworthy. Big spender!
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by omo9ja1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2011
The problem of electricity seems huge, the country is of 6 zone, we can start from each zone with different company am sure within a year all the project would have been completed simple as ABC, but no our leaders are more in good practise of making empty promises, i bet you most of them benefit from the NEPA failure by importing gen set for sale

waka to you all !!!

shame on you GEJ for empty promises
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by blacksta(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2011
In a country where a large chunk see GEJ as the messiah - hence the reason GEJ can drop useless jingles and that is swallowed hook, Line and sinker - what else can one expect from a failed generation.

It is has predicated by a British think tank come 2020 electricity generation will only be around 7500 MW with a population of about 165 Million.

So prepare for another 9 years of Misery -

Wetin man go do - I dont know.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by fid4992: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
we've heard that for God knows hw many years now,
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by zankey(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2011
''I reject this in IJN, we are presenting running 2generators at the same time in my office, and Imagine GEJ ''shifting the goal post to another 4yrs'', my fellow Nigerians is time to choose right!. In 4years time my daughter will be 6yrs old and she will grow up still shouting ''Up Nepa'' never!
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by oladayo042: 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
Another name for PDP is PROMISE AND FAIL. Nigerians shine your eyes.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by blacksta(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
zankey:

''I reject this in IJN, we are presenting running 2generators at the same time in my office, and Imagine GEJ ''shifting the goal post to another 4yrs'', my fellow Nigerians is time to choose right!. In 4years time my daughter will be 6yrs old and she will grow up still shouting ''Up Nepa'' never!

Lol

I have been shouting up nepa for 32 years and i cant see an end in sight - Abeg let your daughter join you as you both shout up nepa.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by mrofficial(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
Nowadays you can't tell when there is primary electricity, 'cos everybody own a or more generators. And this man is promising us another four years for stable electricity supply? Bet he'll all die waiting those days.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by denitro(m): 1:23pm On Mar 10, 2011
I remember Obasanjo's promise way back
when he promised stable power supply in 2 years
LOL
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by md4real(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2011
the PDP and members of it criminal empire had promised the same thing for the past 12 year.yet, nothing good has been achieved rather, the situation is getting worse. for me, its time for a change and the best alternative is CPC.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by hackney(m): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2011
In four years? that is when he's on his way out of next tenure.
that man is a theif.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by beknown(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
Broken promises + More Broken promises = Public misery

If you think there is epileptic power supply now, well, you have not seen anything yet. Just vote PDP for good measure of darkness.

This is the evidence that PDP + GEJ will lead Nigeria to perpetual darkness in the next 4 years.

Don't give them the chance.

NEPA = DEAD
PHCN = Living DEAD
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by otokx(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
Jonathan should stop making empty promises.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by babaowo: 2:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
Mr promise ebele Jonathan,can this guy called Gej do anything at all Hmm naija drama lol
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
Can anything ood come out of PDP?
We would have seen it in 12 years but not even a sing
Never PDP
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by dollaflow(m): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2011
Na God go purnish all of una weh don spoil dis country, pls kick pdp out, they are dangerous to nigeria health
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Blazing99: 3:02pm On Mar 10, 2011
If it were only Nairalander's votes that count in the oncoming elections, GEJ is sure bound to lose.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by txh(m): 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2011
Let's hope this will be true.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by 9ijaMan: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2011
I thought he made a 1 year all round availability of power when he was sworn in. So what happened to that promise? Another round of empty promises.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by kasiem(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2011
Ipso facto obj debacled our government doesn't insinuate that Gej is a flunker, cos there is wide lacuna diverging the two characters. In lagos tinubu messed up, but fashola came up and emended everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Quits World Bank To Be Finance Minister / Fg Shuts MASSOB Out Of Any Official Role In Ojukwu's Burial / June 12: Nigerian Boys Who Changed The Rule Of The Game By Hijacking A Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.