Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? (1314 Views)

When Exactly Is A Man Considered Financially Ready For Marriage? / What Exactly Do Ladies Do For Each Other? / My Friend Said Jokingly That She Has Macromastia. What Exactly Is Macromastia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by AfroKnight: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2020
It’s peer pressure for many people. They tell themselves “All my friends are getting married I’m the only one left“. The pressure would be high for ladies, I believe. The single ones find out they are losing their married friends one by one.
Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by JOACHINpedro: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

Essence of marraige is
1. Companionship..covid and curfew has shown d benefit of marraige. U will be still lonely though if u married d wrong person
2. Partnership. ..this means u come together to bear a child and train,u come together to build that house, come together to make heaven and make more strategic decisions together
3. Sex.. if the both of u are faithful to each other, there is no fear of disease. The act is even a blessing and u can explore all u want..not devilish acts of sex like anal or group sex

It's majorly these but if u don't want to marry..it's perfectly ok just don't do baby mama. That child will be a curse to U and lead to ur death. It's an assurance..Go the right way by getting maried
It seems like you are part of the past generation.
All the things you mentioned are now being done in pre-relationship level.
The world has changed alot ma. An average 1st year student has all of the above in his lodge.

Op marriage have lost its test due to see finish
Fashi people that believes sex before marriage helps build a healthy marriage, that is the lie of the century. I have learnt that humans love to be in Suspense and unpredictable , see finish has killed it all.
When I was still a guest in nairaland (6-8 yrs ago) , there was this thread about virgin before marriage. Omo 95% of guys and girls opted for a non-virgin spouse. I can vividly quote two of the comments I saw there:
1- I can't marry a virgin o, I don't want a scenario where I will be showing somebody's son where my kpekus is.
(this came from a lady o)
2- Non -virgin anytime, I don't teach birds how to fly (this came from a dude)

I'm sure that thread caused alot of havoc to the society, everyone now wants to pop his or her cherry. Sexual liberty was at its peak. Nobody wana remain a virgin.
Then something started happening. Sex was now given to the highest bidders, love was mistranslated to sex. Everybody was woke! Then the excuse of the century was given she's no more tight shocked
The sex lovers started monopolizing sex, tight kpekus became the price. To curb this, the other gender had to make amends. They resorted to increasing their outward sex appeals, backsides and frontview were worked on, guys started seeing beyond the ordinary and priority changed.
Then 2015 redpill came and party scatter cry

7 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by Oturatetuala(m): 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
To have kids and have a buddy to talk to whenever you are bored and don't feel like going out.
Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
It seems like you are part of the past generation.
All the things you mentioned are now being done in pre-relationship level.
The world has changed alot ma. An average 1st year student has all of the above in his lodge.

Op marriage have lost its test due to see finish
Fashi people that believes sex before marriage helps build a healthy marriage, that is the lie of the century. I have learnt that humans love to be in Suspense and unpredictable , see finish has killed it all.
When I was still a guest in nairaland (6-8 yrs ago) , there was this thread about virgin before marriage. Omo 95% of guys and girls opted for a non-virgin spouse. I can vividly quote two of the comments I saw there:
1- I can't marry a virgin o, I don't want a scenario where I will be showing somebody's son where my kpekus is.
(this came from a lady o)
2- Non -virgin anytime, I don't teach birds how to fly (this came from a dude)

I'm sure that thread caused alot of havoc to the society, everyone now wants to pop his or her cherry. Sexual liberty was at its peak. Nobody wana remain a virgin.
Then something started happening. Sex was now given to the highest bidders, love was mistranslated to sex. Everybody was woke! Then the excuse of the century was given she's no more tight shocked
The sex lovers started monopolizing sex, tight kpekus became the price. To curb this, the other gender had to make amends. They resorted to increasing their outward sex appeals, backsides and frontview were worked on, guys started seeing beyond the ordinary and priority changed.
Then 2015 redpill came and party scatter cry

That's why sex is the last.
For a true Christian, sex is sweeter in marraige because it's guilt free and with someone u know and love,most importantly GOD approves

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Deceptionlove:

The most useless post I've ever seen In my entire life......
soro soke weyrey. Am entitled to my opinion
Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by Robertgreene1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
patoski39:
too much Nollywood no good 4 ur brain,,
#EndNollywoodwatching
oga u avnt seen anything in life...u think life is a bed of roses abi?..one of my uncles that was traveling around d world enjoying life nd women back then..always coming home wit different white girls during Xmas back then.. had stroke at js 48...nd he's currently bedridden in London...he's now regretting why he never married nd asking us to look 4 a wife that's gonna b taking care of him..when my mum had ovarian cancer nd waz bedridden 4 3 yrs..it was only my dad that was taking care of her..oga u will never b strong nd bubbling forever...when age comes wit its health challenges and loneliness nd depression sets in...every other person gonna abandon u 2 ur fate nd only ur loving spouse will b there 4 u..that's y people marry..4 support nd companionship in their time of vulnerability nd weakness...d richest nd most powerful men I know world over all married...a small boy will Js hammer small change these days nd feel like he doesn't need a wife cus he can afford any babymama he wants 4 sex nd kids..oga marriage is not 4 sex nd kids alone.. it's 4 support..companionship nd family bonds...only elders know this...kids don't...so grow up man...

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by no1concept: 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

Essence of marraige is
1. Companionship..covid and curfew has shown d benefit of marraige. U will be still lonely though if u married d wrong person
2. Partnership. ..this means u come together to bear a child and train,u come together to build that house, come together to make heaven and make more strategic decisions together
3. Sex.. if the both of u are faithful to each other, there is no fear of disease. The act is even a blessing and u can explore all u want..not devilish acts of sex like anal or group sex

It's majorly these but if u don't want to marry..it's perfectly ok just don't do baby mama. That child will be a curse to U and lead to ur death. It's an assurance..Go the right way by getting maried

My dear. I appreciate your opinion but the truth is, the kind of girls that are found these days even in churches are nothing to write home about. I dated a girl some years back and believe me, the craving to have a partner died in me. Though it never stopped me from being nice to ladies.

As for the sex part, I am glad to tell you that I spent 5 years in medical school without fucking nobody. What do I mean? Sex is not among the basic needs for a man when he wants to find the right person. Whether na your babe or your wife, you go Bleep tire. And after you've bleeped tire, seen everything seeable about the person, what else will be enough to keep the person valuable before your eyes? Think about it...

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by no1concept: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Robertgreene1:
oga u avnt seen anything in life...u think life is a bed of roses... one of my uncles that was traveling d whole world enjoying life nd women back then..always bringing diffrnt white women home wit him during Xmas those days now has stroke at js 48...nd he's currently bedridden in London...he's now regretting why he never married nd asking us to look 4 a wife that's gonna b taking care of him...even when my mum had ovarian cancer nd waz bedridden 4 3 yrs..it was my dad that was taking care of her..oga u will never b strong nd bubbling forever...when age nd his troubles coupled with loneliness nd depression sets in...every other person gonna abandon u except ur loving spouse..that's y people marry..4 support nd companionship in their time of vulnerability nd weakness...d richest men I know world over all married...a small boy will Js hammer small change these days nd feel like he doesn't need a wife cus he can afford any babymama he wants 4 sex nd kids..oga marriage is not 4 sex nd kids alone. it's 4 support..companionship nd family bonds...only elders know this...kids don't...so grow up man...

Oga. You can actually share your own opinion without adding so much hate to it. You've kept hammering on me not being richer than Dangote, Otedola; making small change and feeling I don't need a wife etc

But guess what, it's my life bro. Not to rub it at your face but I am rich even at my age. Go deal with it. And my brother, I owe it all to Almighty God!

The essence of my original post is to at least air my opinion and then see what other opinions are like and how I can benefit from them.

It is maturity to give a constructive argument without backbiting or throwing insults at anyone bro. Such acts like yours can be misinterpreted to frustration.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by Robertgreene1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
no1concept:

Oga. You can actually share your own opinion without adding so much hate to it. You've kept hammering on me not being richer than Dangote, Otedola; making small change and feeling I don't need a wife etc

But guess what, it's my life bro. Not to rub it at your face but I am rich even at my age. Go deal with it. And my brother, I owe it all to Almighty God!

The essence of my original post is to at least air my opinion and then see what other opinions are like and how I can benefit from them.

It is maturity to give a constructive argument without backbiting or throwing insults at anyone bro. Such acts like yours can be misinterpreted to frustration.
of course...marriage is not 4 everyone..besides I'm js 24 nd also doing well 4 myself..so not like I'm old nd frustrated in any way ..why I sounded that way is Js cus d current trend among young successful men these days is that they always av this mentality that with their money..they re now above marriage since they can afford any babymama they want... forgetting that evn d majority of all those anti marriage men re either old enough 2 marry but not yet financially buoyant ..or financially buoyant but unlucky to find a decent girl 2 marry after several heartbreaks nd disappointments...but like I said... marriage is not 4 everyone..so live ur life...
Re: What Exactly Is The Essence Of Marriage? by angelfallz(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THE MOST STUPIDEST LIST I'VE SEEN ALL MY LIFE.

Lol, why na? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out The Message A Married Woman Sent To a Guy (photo) / 10 Things I Hate About Nigerian Ladies / Get Your So Called Redpill RIGHT, Before You Do Something Stupid!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.