Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

6 Negative Self-talk Phrases To Cut Out Of Your Vocabulary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Negative Self-talk Phrases To Cut Out Of Your Vocabulary (302 Views)

"When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri / Psychologists Warn: Never Say These 5 Phrases To Your Children / Switching From Negative Self Talk To Positive Self Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Negative Self-talk Phrases To Cut Out Of Your Vocabulary by VirtueDigest: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
To see that the world is full of possibilities, you need to let go of negative self-talk and speak to yourself out of the place of compassion. This is because, the words we speak have a way of shaping our being.

When we say positive phrases, it boosts our morale. For example, phrases such as “I can make it and I’d do it,” are better. Therefore, positive self-communication can change your life positively. It’d increase your self-esteem and reduce stress. So, here are the negative self-talk phrases to cut out of your vocabulary:

“I am an Idiot”

Often times, people use this phrase to signify mistakes. This description implies a permanent state because whatever that does not seem right, you blame yourself. The description becomes a part of who you are and it leaves no chance to be more than one thing. However, you can replace it with “why am I acting like an idiot right now?” With this, there is room for change. Then, you bring a close observation to yourself.

“I should be __ by now”

This is you setting a time limit for yourself, and not meeting the expectation is one of the biggest ways you create negative self-talk. The implication is that, where you are right now is not good enough. Instead, you could use the phrase, “I could be__ right now, but I am choosing to focus on my business.”

“It’s all my fault”

This particular self-talk is when you choose to believe that, you are the reason for every bad situation. So, you tend to take personal responsibility for the actions of others or for the entire situation.

“I never should have__”

It is good to learn from our mistakes. Regret is very powerful when it comes to generating negative self-talk. Most times, it happens when you look back at your past, at the things you should have avoided or failed to do. So learn from your mistakes, don’t beat yourself up.

Read more: https://virtuedigest.com/6-negative-self-talk-phrases-to-cut-out-of-your-vocabulary/?swcfpc=1

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Am Sincerely Crying For Your Help / The Business You Can Start With 10,000 Naira As A Family Man / Recommend Foods With High Calorie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.