Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

#EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? (712 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / Firstbank ATMs – Accounts For 37% Of Bills Payment Services On ATMs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by pocohantas(f): 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Following the attack on banks in the past few days, some banks have shutdown operations indefinitely to avoid further attacks.

It has been hard finding ATMs to withdraw money and scarcity of cash is setting in. Just this morning I have gotten two calls asking if I have cash. One even said she had to buy cash because some shops are accepting only cash payments. Cost of goods and services have tripled. Time for agent bankers to hammer I suppose.

What is the situation in your area?

Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by chatinent: 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Buying cash is now sth in vogue.

I patronize the people who transact with POS or just totally bank at home.

Yawns.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Davash222(m): 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Cash now is like raw gold. All these POS vendors are now doing shakara.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Na pos operators dey chop money now ooo! No bank opens for now for fear of hoodlums. I hope things get back to normal real soon.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Kondomatic(m): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
Everything is working normal here like we are not part of Nigeria.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by ojun50(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
Everything for 9ja get kel and bow leg now
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by pocohantas(f): 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kondomatic:
Everything is working normal here like we are not part of Nigeria.

Wow. How much is self-contain in your area?

I’m coming right away.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Davash222(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
pocohantas:

I’m coming right away.
Until they use you do suya, your body go rest. You no go dey where you dey.

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by pocohantas(f): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
Davash222:

Until they use you do suya, your body go rest. You no go dey where you dey.

Lmao! Such love and concern. Hahahahahaha!
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Davash222(m): 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao! Such love and concern. Hahahahahaha!
Say Thanks, at least.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by IamRichards: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2020
Alv the ATM's in my hood are dispensing cash.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
pocohantas:
Following the attack on banks in the past few days, some banks have shutdown operations indefinitely to avoid further attacks.

Nigerians, act first think never.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by gammarays(m): 3:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Withdrawing through pos is damn costly here o
Paid more than #1000 For just #10000 naira in Akwa yesterday o
Everyone keep your cash o
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by pocohantas(f): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
Davash222:

Say Thanks, at least.

Thanks. Happy Sunday... cheesy

SegFault:

Nigerians, act first think never.

Never? grin grin
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Onlinesmart: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
gammarays:
That's inhumane. 1k for 10k? That person is a thief. At worst, 5h is OK not 1k.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Kondomatic(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
pocohantas:

I’m coming right away.
You never hear price but you don pack finish, wait until northern sun deal with you.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks. Happy Sunday... cheesy

Never? grin grin
Of course nah, even when the nonsense most Nigerians caused starts to pain them they will still look for what to blame, thinking is like rocket science in this country.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Dowenship(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
gammarays:
probably no other pos is competing with him.. That makes it high
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by pocohantas(f): 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kondomatic:
You never hear price but you don pack finish, wait until northern sun deal with you.

Hah! I don’t like that kind sun o! cry

Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by gammarays(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Dowenship:
Baba,no cash o. Other pos operators were out of cash. You need to see queue o
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by gammarays(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
Dowenship:
Same with others o. It was hell on Saturday.
Hope things gets back to normal tomorrow.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by nuelyoyo(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
I had to go to Zenith bank in Maitama, before I could withdraw. This is after going to like three different locations.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by Hintona(f): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nope not paying.
Re: #EndSARS Protest: Are The Atms In Your Area Paying? by donPhill(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
Even if the bank decide to fund the ATM here, the governor will just impose curfew to keep you away from cash

(1) (Reply)

What Nigerian Company Owns This Logo / CEO New Age Mobile Accessories Empowers Youths With Millions / Help!! High Electricity Billing Is Frustrating Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.