Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting (3361 Views)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / 50 Benefits Of Reading The Bible Daily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
One of the most misunderstood topics in christendom is fasting and praying.

Despite the gross misunderstanding, fasting with prayer remains the most powerful arsenal believers have to be totally victorious in life.

Through knowledge, when we give ourselves to fasting and prayers habitually, we enter a new level of life. Sadly, most believers remain stagnant in life till they grow old or even die because they neglect a lifestyle of fasting and prayers.

Believe it or not, we are in the very last hours before the rapture and great tribulation. The powers of darkness have accelerated their activities to cage, trap and destroy many. The only way to be TOTALLY FREE is through frequent fasting and prayers.

“In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, IN FASTINGS OFTEN, in cold and unclothedness.”
— 2 Corinthians 11:27

Here are some benefits of frequent fasting and prayers.

1. It helps you grow more and more spiritually.

2. It helps you to become a true disciple of Jesus.

3. It opens you up to deeper dimensions in the spiritual realm.

4. It opens up your spiritual senses to the spiritual realm.

5. It helps you to do the same works of Jesus.

6. It makes you humble before God.

7. It brings God's exaltation.

8. It destroys completely the stronghold of satan on your life and destiny.

9. It brings total and complete deliverance and victory in spiritual warfare.

10. It makes the impossible possible.

11. It destroys witchcraft, curses, spells, incantations and magic.

12. It destroys limitations, stagnation and regression.

13. It enables you to progress steadily in life.

14. It destroys poverty.

15. It brings success and financial prosperity.

16. It manifests God's presence.

17. It manifests God's glory.

18. It releases God's power in an unlimited way.

19. It causes incredible and unbelievable miracles to happen.

20. It causes higher levels of miracles to happen.

21. It overcomes higher levels of satanic opposition that can resist prayers without fasting.

22. It empowers the preaching of the gospel.

23. It empowers the preaching and teaching of God's Word.

24. It empowers prayers.

25. It brings quicker answers to prayers.

26. It manifests spiritual gifts.

27. It makes you more sensitive to the voice and leading of the Holy Spirit.

28. It brings harvests of souls into God's kingdom.

29. It brings peace and rest to your soul.

30. It strengthens you physically.

31. It rejuvenates you. It makes you look younger.

32. It enables you fully fulfill all your destiny.

33. It enables you live a very fulfilling life on earth.

34. It brings restoration of all you have lost to your enemies.

35. It brings healing and makes you healthier.

36. It brings easier and effortless flow of God's power through you.

37. It causes you to shine brightly like the stars of heaven.

38. It brings favour especially before dignitaries, rulers, very important and rich people.

39. It reverses satanic verdicts, decisions and expectations.

40. It brings solutions to stubborn/unending problems that defy prayers without fasting.

41. It uproots foundational problems and issues.

42. It prepares you adequately for the rapture.

43. It pleases God and brings His favour.

44. It brings God's judgment and wrath on your enemies.

45. It strengthens and increases angelic activities and ministrations.

46. It calms the raging storms of life.

47. It releases generational blessings down your lineage.

48. It opens new doors of ministry/service.

49. It protects, secures and delivers in dangerous and deadly situations.

50. It opens a new, better and glorious chapter for you in life.

1 Like

Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by CHARLYX9: 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
Wow.but leaders in churches have been doing what you said for years and still stagnation/undevelopment abounds in the country.whats wrong? e.g RCCG 100DAYS,MFM 70DAYS e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
CHARLYX9:
Wow.but leaders in churches have been doing what you said for years and still stagnation/undevelopment abounds in the country.whats wrong? e.g RCCG 100DAYS,MFM 70DAYS e.t.c

That's because very few fast and pray for the country. Most people fast for their needs and others not the nation as a whole.

I believe if we as Nigerians set out a specified time to fast and pray for our country, things will improve. God can't lie.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
— 2 Chronicles 7:14

2 Likes

Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by CHARLYX9: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
judedwriter:

That's because very few fast and pray for the country. Most people fast for their needs and others not the nation as a whole.

I believe if we as Nigerians set out a specified time to fast and pray for our country, things will improve. God can't lie.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
— 2 Chronicles 7:14
everyone can't partake in p&f but atleast the set man should be righteous enough to get his prayers heard by GOD.for the prayer of the righteous man availeth much even in the days of sodom God told abraham if he can get atleast one righteous man in their midst.please i detest useless excuses bro.
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by Fabolousibk1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
I want you explain more on number 14 Pls
Can Prayer and fasting actually brings money?
Soro Soke jor
And you didn't support all your claim with Scripture na..

Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
Fabolousibk1:
I want you explain more on number 14 Pls
Can Prayer and fasting actually brings money?
Soro Soke jor
And you didn't support all your claim with Scripture na..

Poverty is a curse o...

The curse of poverty cannot be broken by just prayers, you need to fast.

Above all, fasting releases God's power in a limitless way.

2 Likes

Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
CHARLYX9:
everyone can't partake in p&f but atleast the set man should be righteous enough to get his prayers heard by GOD.for the prayer of the righteous man availeth much even in the days of sodom God told abraham if he can get atleast one righteous man in their midst.please i detest useless excuses bro.

Useless excuse

True, not everyone can fast, that's why it's good to fast and pray for as many as possible. We all got issues that only fastings can solve... Of a truth! Including our nation.
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by CHARLYX9: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
judedwriter:

Useless excuse

True, not everyone can fast, that's why it's good to fast and pray for as many as possible. We all got issues that only fastings can solve... Of a truth! Including our nation.
yeah we all got issues that needs prayers but if i may ask why have you done the needful for the country with p&f like you said knw ye that GOD will judge you for being like the pharisee who knows what is good but wouldn't do it.thanks
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by meobizy(f): 12:25am On Oct 26, 2020
As money no dey then fasting is a given. Na to add prayers so I grow four inches taller. Am I doing it right?
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Oct 26, 2020
judedwriter:
One of the most misunderstood topics in christendom is fasting and praying.Despite the gross misunderstanding, fasting with prayer remains the most powerful arsenal believers have to be totally victorious in life.
Through knowledge, when we give ourselves to fasting and prayers habitually, we enter a new level of life. Sadly, most believers remain stagnant in life till they grow old or even die because they neglect a lifestyle of fasting and prayers.
Believe it or not, we are in the very last hours before the rapture and great tribulation. The powers of darkness have accelerated their activities to cage, trap and destroy many. The only way to be TOTALLY FREE is through frequent fasting and prayers.
“In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, IN FASTINGS OFTEN, in cold and unclothedness.”
— 2 Corinthians 11:27
Here are some benefits of frequent fasting and prayers.
1. It helps you grow more and more spiritually.
2. It helps you to become a true disciple of Jesus.
3. It opens you up to deeper dimensions in the spiritual realm.
4. It opens up your spiritual senses to the spiritual realm.
5. It helps you to do the same works of Jesus.
6. It makes you humble before God.
7. It brings God's exaltation.
8. It destroys completely the stronghold of satan on your life and destiny.
9. It brings total and complete deliverance and victory in spiritual warfare.
10. It makes the impossible possible.
11. It destroys witchcraft, curses, spells, incantations and magic.
12. It destroys limitations, stagnation and regression.
13. It enables you to progress steadily in life.
14. It destroys poverty.
15. It brings success and financial prosperity.
16. It manifests God's presence.
17. It manifests God's glory.
18. It releases God's power in an unlimited way.
19. It causes incredible and unbelievable miracles to happen.
20. It causes higher levels of miracles to happen.
21. It overcomes higher levels of satanic opposition that can resist prayers without fasting.
22. It empowers the preaching of the gospel.
23. It empowers the preaching and teaching of God's Word.
24. It empowers prayers.
25. It brings quicker answers to prayers.
26. It manifests spiritual gifts.
27. It makes you more sensitive to the voice and leading of the Holy Spirit.
28. It brings harvests of souls into God's kingdom.
29. It brings peace and rest to your soul.
30. It strengthens you physically.
31. It rejuvenates you. It makes you look younger.
32. It enables you fully fulfill all your destiny.
33. It enables you live a very fulfilling life on earth.
34. It brings restoration of all you have lost to your enemies.
35. It brings healing and makes you healthier.
36. It brings easier and effortless flow of God's power trough you.
37. It causes you to shine brightly like the stars of heaven.
38. It brings favour especially before dignitaries, rulers, very important and rich people.
39. It reverses satanic verdicts, decisions and expectations.
40. It brings solutions to stubborn/unending problems that defy prayers without fasting.
41. It uproots foundational problems and issues.
42. It prepares you adequately for the rapture.
43. It pleases God and brings His favour.
44. It brings God's judgment and wrath on your enemies.
45. It strengthens and increases angelic activities and ministrations.
46. It calms the raging storms of life.
47. It releases generational blessings down your lineage.
48. It opens new doors of ministry/service.
49. It protects, secures and delivers in dangerous and deadly situations.
50. It opens a new, better and glorious chapter for you in life.
Lies and more lies told against God, in the name of God. God Himself stated that your fasting is meaningless where He is concerned. He suggested a different type of fasting but like the Strongnecked folks of Israel, we ignore Him, so we can continue wallowing in our meaninglessness...

The only true benefit of a life of fasting is your experience of weight loss of depending on your kind of fasting.
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Lies and more lies told against God, in the name of God. God Himself stated that your fasting is meaningless where He is concerned. He suggested a different type of fasting but like the Strongnecked folks of Israel, we ignore Him, so we can continue wallowing in our meaninglessness...

The only true benefit of a life of fasting is your experience of weight loss of depending on your kind of fasting.

Fasting is a personal choice.

If I choose to fast and pray it's because I know the benefits attached to it. That's what I shared.

It's a free world bro....
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2020
judedwriter:
Fasting is a personal choice.
If I choose to fast and pray it's because I know the benefits attached to it. That's what I shared.
It's a free world bro....
Anyone can choose to go on a diet, I mean a fast anytime for sure. But when it comes to what the Bible says of fasting (as practised by religious and non-religious folks around the world), there is no biblical evidence for the benefits you claim there. God, in Isaiah 58, made clear to us the kind of fasting He would rather have from us.

Isaiah 58 vs 3-5 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. They say, “We fast to show honor to you. Why don’t you see us? We starve our bodies to show honor to you. Why don’t you notice us?”
But God says, “You do things to please yourselves on those special days of fasting. And you punish your servants, not your own bodies.
4. You are hungry, but not for food. You are hungry for arguing and fighting, not for bread. You are hungry to hit people with your evil hands. This is not the way to fast if you want your prayers to be heard in heaven!
5. Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?

And since God does not lie, nor does He change His mind, I believe Isaiah 58 is where we find the definition of fasting that in fact pleases the God of the Bible, rather than the generic fasting that the world knows and believes in.
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by judedwriter(m): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Anyone can choose to go on a diet, I mean a fast anytime for sure. But when it comes to what the Bible says of fasting (as practised by religious and non-religious folks around the world), there is no biblical evidence for the benefits you claim there. God, in Isaiah 58, made clear to us the kind of fasting He would rather have from us.

And since God does not lie, nor does He change His mind, I believe Isaiah 58 is where we find the definition of fasting that in fact pleases the God of the Bible, rather than the generic fasting that the world knows and believes in.

Mark 9:29

Jesus said some miracles like casting out of certain demons can't happen unless we fast.

I don't want to argue with you anymore.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by Kobojunkie: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2020
judedwriter:
Mark 9:29 Jesus said some miracles like casting out of certain demons can't happen unless we fast. I don't want to argue with you anymore.I rest my case.
Oh, I know what it says in that Passage...

Mark 9 vs 28-30 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
28. Then Jesus went into the house. His followers were alone with him there. They said, “Why weren’t we able to force that evil spirit out?”
29. Jesus answered, “That kind of spirit can be forced out only with prayer.[a]”
Would God contradict His own self? Would God lie? Let God be true and man be the liar. I believe even in Mark 9, the kind of fasting that Jesus Christ instructed, was not the generic fasting that the world (dieters, witches, Christians, Muslims, voodoo shamans, snake priests etc.) practises, but the Isaiah 58 kind of fasting that God prescribed. After all, Jesus Christ is the Word out of God's own mouth. undecided
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by DocJoseph(m): 7:50pm On May 15, 2022
judedwriter:

Mark 9:29

Jesus said some miracles like casting out of certain demons can't happen unless we fast.

I don't want to argue with you anymore.

I rest my case.

Don't mind the ignoranc baby Christians here.... Jesus was tempted by the devil after 40 days and nights of fasting in the Judaean Desert... That means fasting is very powerful and full of powers. Fasting is of great benefits if u only center ur mind on spiritual blessings or gifts... Not material things.
Re: 50 Benefits Of A Lifestyle Of Prayer And Fasting by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On May 15, 2022
DocJoseph:

Don't mind the ignoranc baby Christians here.... Jesus was tempted by the devil after 40 days and nights of fasting in the Judaean Desert... That means fasting is very powerful and full of powers. Fasting is of great benefits if u only center ur mind on spiritual blessings or gifts... Not material things.
Jesus Christ fasted(starvation diet) for 40 days not because God commanded Him to but simply because it ended up happening as such. Jesus Christ never told His followers to fast(starvation diet) in similar manner. Instead the kind of Fast Jesus Christ called for is that which was commanded by God and it looks nothing like the kind of fasting(Starvation diet) that happened to Him when the Spirit of God led Him away into the wilderness - Isaiah 58 vs 6 - 13. undecided

Nowhere in Scripture do you find God in fact commanding men to go on the fasts(starvation diets) you all like to engage so much in. undecided

In God's Old Covenant, God only instructed the people of Israel to fast(Starvation diet) exactly one day - the 10 day of the 10th month of each year and this in order to cleanse them of sins. And again, that law was given only to those who are of the land and blood of Jacob. undecided

Your starvation diets which you call fasting have nothing to do with God or that which He commands of you and so your claims of spiritual benefits are nothing but lies with which you deceive yourselves and others with. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is God Male, Female, Or Both? / Archbishop John Obiokeke Of Gpm In Kirikiri Over 419 / Prayer Points Before Paying Your Tithe And Offerings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.