Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike (773 Views)

Proscribed Ipob Members Storm The Road With Flags In Ebonyi(photos) / Proscribed IPOB Members Storm Church With Biafran Flags In Enugu (Photos) / Proscribed IPOB Members Storm The Streets Of Port Harcourt With Their Flags(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, has proscribed all activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra , IPOB, in the State .
Governor Wike made the declaration in a statewide broadcast over the recent happenings in Rivers State , where the Police Command reported that IPOB members are responsible for the mayhem in the State .
According to him , his administration had severally pleaded , warned and even advised IPOB and its members to discontinue its insurrectional actions in Rivers State to no avail .
He said instead , Nigerians were witnesses to yet another orgy of violence and destruction inflicted by IPOB at Oyigbo Local Government Area and some parts of Port Harcourt City Local Government Area on Tuesday 21 st October 2020 .
Stating his reasons for proscribing the group , Wike noted , “ As a Government , we owe our people and all residents the responsibility to protect their lives , property and wellbeing and to prevent trouble-makers of all shades and character from violating our collective peace , security and pursuit of happiness .
“ Therefore, in view of the fact that IPOB has since been proscribed throughout Nigeria; and
“ Having come to the firm conclusion that the activities of the banned IPOB are not just dangerous to lives and property but also constitute clear and present threat to the existential interest and aspirations of Rivers State and all our people;
“ We have decided to reinforce , implement and enforce the existing judicial and national ban on IPOB by putting a total and complete stop to its presence and or activities in Rivers State or any part thereof .
“ Accordingly , as from today 23 rd October 2020 , the Rivers State Government has : Outlawed IPOB from existing and or operating in Rivers State or any part thereof in line with the proscription order of the Federal High Court and the Federal Government .
“ No form of procession and or agitation by IPOB or any of its affiliates is allowed to take place in Rivers State or any part thereof, hence forth .
“ Security agencies are hereby directed to stop any form of procession or agitation by IPOB in Rivers State or any part thereof and arrest and prosecute any person or group that identifies with the membership or activities of IPOB in the State ;
“ Government will issue an executive order to strengthen and ensure the effective enforcement of these measures ;
“ We cannot allow IPOB miscreants and other misguided similar groups to threaten our collective peace , security and wellbeing under whatever guise . ”

http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A2978996
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
For once I never liked Wike because of his loud mouth but today he has earned out respect.

He did the right thing and must be congratulated.

No sane leader will allow terrorists, mentally deranged individuals and psychos run his state aground.

Nice one he re-inforced the ban and willing to make sure it is enforced.

Nnamdi Kanu and his followers plus other psychos should move to Abia state and reign havoc there instead of exporting violence to peaceful states.

1 Like

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by holllandis: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
This man will be boasting

By the time the real owners of the palliative visit u .you will know how far

Idiot

3 Likes

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Philistine(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
Which means Ipob was responsible for the violence in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by TRIGITIS: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
“ We cannot allow IPOB miscreants and other misguided similar groups to threaten our collective peace , security and wellbeing under whatever guise . ”
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by DenreleDave(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
undecided
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by TRIGITIS: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
I expect ipob wild animals to respond by explaining how fulani herdsmen are responsible for the said mayhem in oyigbo. But watch them start mentioning tinubu everywhere like foolish baboons. May be wike is a unity begger hoping to gain from tge enormous resources in the east.
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by RedPhoenix: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
Okay
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:
Which means Ipob was responsible for the violence in Rivers state.
I hope you now know the difference between ipob and Igbos?
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
Okay Gov.Wike
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Mancrossfire: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Philistine(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jakemedg:

I hope you now know the difference between ipob and Igbos?
Most Igbos are sympathetic with the cause of Ipob, so there is no difference between igbo and Ipob. Igbo=Ipob
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
TRIGITIS:
I expect ipob wild animals to respond by explaining how fulani herdsmen are responsible for the said mayhem in oyigbo. But watch them start mentioning tinubu everywhere like foolish baboons. May be wike is a unity begger hoping to gain from tge enormous resources in the east.
I hope you now know the difference between been an Igbo ,a PDP member and an ipob member?
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:

Most Igbos are sympathetic with the cause of Ipob, so there is no difference between igbo and Ipob. Igbo=Ipob
And the ones who are not sympathetic with the cause of ipob what do you call them?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Pecuman: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:

If so, why continue to force Igbos to be part of Nigeria of by own claim most of them do not want it.
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Philistine(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jakemedg:

And the ones who are not sympathetic with the cause of ipob what do you call them?
Over 90% of Igbos are sympathetic to their cause, the remaining 10% are not.
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Juliusmalema:
For once I never liked Wike because of his loud mouth but today he has earned out respect.

He did the right thing and must be congratulated.

No sane leader will allow terrorists, mentally deranged individuals and psychos run his state aground.

Nice one he re-inforced the ban and willing to make sure it is enforced.

Nnamdi Kanu and his followers plus other psychos should move to Abia state and reign havoc there instead of exporting violence to peaceful states.

I taught ipob activities in Abia state was banned ?
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Jakemedg(m): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:

Over 90% of Igbos are sympathetic to their cause, the remaining 10% are not.
Can I see the stats ?

1 Like

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Philistine(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pecuman:

If so, why continue to force Igbos to be part of Nigeria of by own claim most of them do not want it.
Who is forcing igbos to be part of Nigeria? Was it not Azikwe that refused Awolowo and Balewa's request to insert the secession clause into the constitution at independence. You are now reaping what you sow
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by overall90: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
Wike didn't know what happened at Obigbo.
he based his position on what the police and other federal controlled security agencies told him and of course everyone knows their positions as concerns IPOB

2 Likes

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by wingmanIII: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
TRIGITIS:
You prefer to believe Wike rather than eyewitnesses. Ok.

1 Like

Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by baralatie(m): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
respect
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jakemedg:

Do I know
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jakemedg:

Do I know
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by tamdun: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:

Who is forcing igbos to be part of Nigeria? Was it not Azikwe that refused Awolowo and Balewa's request to insert the secession clause into the constitution at independence. You are now reaping what you sow
Tell them o
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Philistine(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
overall90:
Wike didn't know what happened at Obigbo.
he based his position on what the police and other federal controlled security agencies told him and of course everyone knows their positions as concerns IPOB
Just look at the coward trying to please his slave masters. If wike was a yoruba man, you lots would have been insulting him that he was betraying the south unity. But you are too scared to confront Wike, bunch of cowards!
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by overall90: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:

Just look at the coward trying to please his slave masters. If wike was a yoruba man, you lots would have been insulting him that he was betraying the south unity. But you are too scared to confront Wike, bunch of cowards!

who is this mad dog abegi
look idiot,i am above all these you people tribal nonsense.
Re: Why I Proscribed IPOB Activities In Rivers - Wike by Pecuman: 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Philistine:

If we are to be bound by the mistakes of our predecessors, then we should still be a British Colony.

(1) (Reply)

Soun Asked Makinde To Use Money For Palace Renovation For Youth Empowerment- Pic / Ojukwu’s Son Declares Anambra Governorship Bid / Nigerian Vice President Will-soon Become President, Says Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.