Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,748 members, 7,955,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? (988 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / What's The Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done To Collect Money From Your Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by tunjilee003: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
During our undergraduate days, we faced a lot of challenges ranging from school fee, accommodation fee, feeding allowance and money to buy handouts.

This in turn do frustrate our parents making most of them not to pick our calls, some students engage themselves in side hustles while the ones from very rich home have no issues during their stay. Schooling in Nigeria is a rigorous exercise....

During my undergraduate days in one of the state polytechnic, there was a day i called my dad actually, i don't want to ask him money for handouts. So I initiated a plan, I told him a friend of mine just lost his father, he wants to travel to Lagos and he needs money. My father show some condolence for the faked death and he sent 3k to me, when i got to my friends house he was happy i got the money from my dad, and he called my friend who confirmed the death......

Four months later, it was the incidence of the departmental ID cards, I scammed my dad for the second time, ever since then my conscience have been pricking me but I'm still good with it.

feel free to share yours.....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Metaltears: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
I mailed myself school fees increased letter on fake university letter headed and asked for a huge some grin

Let's just say I lived large throughout the semester from the money , I even repainted my car in school grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by abat4real37(f): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
I don't rip them

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by merieam16(f): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
Metaltears:
I mailed myself school fees increased letter on fake university letter headed and asked for a huge some grin

Let's just say I lived large throughout the semester from the money , I even repainted my car in school grin
Lies,lies....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by tunjilee003: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
abat4real37:
I don't rip them
good child....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Metaltears: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
merieam16:
Lies,lies....

Let me.guwss you are ins secondary school ?

grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by merieam16(f): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Metaltears:

Let me.guwss you are ins secondary school ?
grin
yes....and u are in creche cheesy
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Metaltears: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
merieam16:
yes....and u are in creche cheesy

Oh my

Now I see. You are a new mum right ? Or the mum of a toddler?

No wonder

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by merieam16(f): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
Metaltears:

Oh my
Now I see. You are a new mum right ? Or the mum of a toddler?
No wonder

wats dis 1 saying...mtcheww apoda
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Metaltears: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
merieam16:
wats dis 1 saying...mtcheww apoda

I was trying to establish the fact that your brain is occupied with nuturing hence the lame comebacks and federal to a creche

But it seems you are too local to even understand that even.

Did you sell pepper as a child at.the busstop?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by helinues: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
Na hand out oo cos school fees dey always get receipt
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by mariahAngel(f): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
tunjilee003:
During our undergraduate days, we faced a lot of challenges ranging from school fee, accommodation fee, feeding allowance and money to buy handouts.

This in turn do frustrate our parents making most of them not to pick our calls, some students engage themselves in side hustles while the ones from very rich home have no issues during their stay. Schooling in Nigeria is a rigorous exercise....

During my undergraduate days in one of the state polytechnic, there was a day i called my dad actually, i don't want to ask him money for handouts. So I initiated a plan, I told him a friend of mine just lost his father, he wants to travel to Lagos and he needs money. My father show some condolence for the faked death and he sent 3k to me, when i got to my friends house he was happy i got the money from my dad, and he called my friend who confirmed the death......

Four months later, it was the incidence of the departmental ID cards, I scammed my dad for the second time, ever since then my conscience have been pricking me but I'm still good with it.

feel free to share yours.....

For your own good, repay your dad.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Uyi168: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Nor be who get papa/mama wey get, them go fit rip

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by samuelpeters(m): 12:00am On Oct 26, 2020
I scam tire oh..

For my 2nd yr, when i newly crossed over to College of Medicine.
I collected huge sum to buy textbooks almost 50k. While actually i bought them from my seniors at a cheap price.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 26, 2020
samuelpeters:
I scam tire oh..

For my 2nd yr, when i newly crossed over to College of Medicine.
I collected huge sum to buy textbooks almost 50k. While actually i bought them from my seniors at a cheap price.

During my time, I did nothing since my DAD was Liberal at giving cash and was financially Loaded too.

But my FLATMATE lied that he was asked to pay for CADAVER....which he kept the price at 45k.
He further told his parents that this cadaver would bear his student tag number & that he would perform several surgeries on it.
His parents obliged immediately since they were expecting a MEDICAL DOCTOR as a finished product at the end of the program..

This was many years ago.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by illicit(m): 1:18am On Oct 26, 2020
Na parent wey get dem dey rip sha....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by dangotesmummy: 5:28am On Oct 26, 2020
cool grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by armyofone(m): 6:04am On Oct 26, 2020
I can imagine the frightened father pitying his son grin

I hope he was able to get a job in the hospital to keep the story line grin

EVILFOREST:

During my time, I did nothing since my DAD was Liberal at giving cash and was financially Loaded too.

But my FLATMATE lied that he was asked to pay for CADAVER....which he kept the price at 45k.
He further told his parents that this cadaver would bear his student tag number & that he would perform several surgeries on it.
His parents obliged immediately since they were expecting a MEDICAL DOCTOR as a finished product at the end of the program..

This was many years ago.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by Ginaz(f): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2020
I never did.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by proclinician: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2020
Told them my girlfriend was pregnant.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by pozehnani(f): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
I always loved and felt for my parents because they go out of their ways most times to give us the best. So I could never think of ripping them in any way. Rather I thought of what to do for them when I grow up.

I don't think any well trained child would do such a thing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by tobechi74: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dad's truck us most
Re: What Is The Weirdest Thing You Did To Rip Off Your Parents? by ABOVEDELAW: 10:21am On Oct 27, 2020
WELLDONE MY DAUGHTER grin grin grin
pozehnani:
I always loved and felt for my parents because they go out of their ways most times to give us the best. So I could never think of ripping them in any way. Rather I thought of what to do for them when I grow up.

I don't think any well trained child would do such a thing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mrs Oyekunke And Family Who Watched Mattress On Xmas Gets 50k Cash Gift / An Appeal / Original Elepaq Generator 6000 Kva For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.