Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm (4469 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Resumes Negotiation Today / ASUU Reacts To FG Withdrawal of 'No-Work-No-Pay' | Continue Negotiation Today (M / FG, ASUU Continue Negotiation Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
abeg make ASUU just call off this strike once and for all person pikin just dey commit everyday grin grin

BTW...,,,the video circulating that ASUU chairman was slapped true?

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
I'm optimistic that we will hear good news today embarassed embarassed embarassed..... My heart be ready for the word "deadlock"
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Balaxx: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
brain02:
abeg make ASUU just call off this strike once and for all person pikin just dey commit everyday grin grin

BTW...,,,the video circulating that ASUU chairman was slapped true?
naahhh,dat was River State House of assembly

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
I'm optimistic that we will hear good news today embarassed embarassed embarassed..... My heart be ready for the word "deadlock"
mehnnn...I pray good news comes from the meeting

btw check this out....

FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund
Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja
The federal government’s negotiating team and the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will resume negotiations today to iron out their differences over the application of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) and the proposed release of N30 billion university revitalisation fund.
Confirming the planned resumption of the talks to THISDAY yesterday, Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, said: “The contentious issues have virtually been addressed except for IPPIS and revitalisation fund, which ASUU opted to go and consult its organs.”
He said government was working on the gazetting of the visitation panel for the universities and reconstitution of negotiating team, adding that announcement will be made on both issues this week.
However, there are indications that today’s meeting between ASUU and the federal government team may be deadlocked again unless President Muhammadu Buhari intervenes to order payment of salaries to lecturers based on old GIFMIS platform pending when UTAS is ready for use.
At their last meeting on Thursday, both parties had disagreed on two key issues, revitalisation fund and how to handle payment of salaries to ASUU members pending the conclusion of an ongoing test run on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).
THISDAY learnt that ASUU had shifted ground at the last meeting by requesting that the federal government provides N110 billion, half of the N220 billion it demanded as revitalisation fund for federal universities.
But the government said it cannot afford that with the present state of the economy.
Ngige had reminded ASUU of the position of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) with regard to “ability to pay” as a cardinal principle of collective bargaining agreement.
The source said ASUU agreed with the government’s offer of N30 billion as earned allowances but said the amount should be for only lecturers.
However, the federal government rejected ASUU’s demand to be given the N30 billion for lecturers alone, saying that all other unions in the university system should also receive payment from the money.
On revitalisation fund, a source privy to the meeting said: “The federal government is not ready to accede to ASUU’s demand for N110 billion now because it was part of the 2013 agreement that is now being renegotiated. That was why the government is offering things of good faith, like the payment of earned allowance pending when the committee saddled with the responsibility of identifying other alternative sources of funding concludes their work.”
For the two issues, ASUU team was asked to go and consult more with the union members and come back today for further deliberation.
On the implementation of the IPPIS, which almost stalled the meeting, the federal government said IPPIS should be allowed to operate in the interim until the test-run on UTAS is concluded.
But ASUU wanted payment of outstanding salaries on old GIFMIS platform before the implementation of UTAS.
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by ThaRealist: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
Balaxx:
naahhh,dat was River State House of assembly
ohh thanks. let's anticipate today's outcome.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
ThaRealist:

Hi there ,
would love to reach out to you ... How do I go about it ...
who you?? grin grin I fear who no fear this op grin ....bros still come my thread dey find woman grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by SirWarlock: 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
I'm not sure ASUU suspend strikes on Mondays grin. If the outcome of today's negotiation is positive and encouraging then probably Wednesday or Thursday.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
SirWarlock:
I'm not sure ASUU suspend strikes on Mondays grin. If the outcome of today's negotiation is positive and encouraging then probably Wednesday or Thursday.
they should better call if off....o boy I'm tired mehhn.

btw check out this news below..

The federal government’s negotiating team and the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will resume negotiations today to iron out their differences over the application of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) and the proposed release of N30 billion university revitalisation fund.
Confirming the planned resumption of the talks to THISDAY yesterday, Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, said: “The contentious issues have virtually been addressed except for IPPIS and revitalisation fund, which ASUU opted to go and consult its organs.”
He said government was working on the gazetting of the visitation panel for the universities and reconstitution of negotiating team, adding that announcement will be made on both issues this week.
However, there are indications that today’s meeting between ASUU and the federal government team may be deadlocked again unless President Muhammadu Buhari intervenes to order payment of salaries to lecturers based on old GIFMIS platform pending when UTAS is ready for use.
At their last meeting on Thursday, both parties had disagreed on two key issues, revitalisation fund and how to handle payment of salaries to ASUU members pending the conclusion of an ongoing test run on the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).
THISDAY learnt that ASUU had shifted ground at the last meeting by requesting that the federal government provides N110 billion, half of the N220 billion it demanded as revitalisation fund for federal universities.
But the government said it cannot afford that with the present state of the economy.
Ngige had reminded ASUU of the position of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) with regard to “ability to pay” as a cardinal principle of collective bargaining agreement.
The source said ASUU agreed with the government’s offer of N30 billion as earned allowances but said the amount should be for only lecturers.
However, the federal government rejected ASUU’s demand to be given the N30 billion for lecturers alone, saying that all other unions in the university system should also receive payment from the money.
On revitalisation fund, a source privy to the meeting said: “The federal government is not ready to accede to ASUU’s demand for N110 billion now because it was part of the 2013 agreement that is now being renegotiated. That was why the government is offering things of good faith, like the payment of earned allowance pending when the committee saddled with the responsibility of identifying other alternative sources of funding concludes their work.”
For the two issues, ASUU team was asked to go and consult more with the union members and come back today for further deliberation.
On the implementation of the IPPIS, which almost stalled the meeting, the federal government said IPPIS should be allowed to operate in the interim until the test-run on UTAS is concluded.
But ASUU wanted payment of outstanding salaries on old GIFMIS platform before the implementation of UTAS.
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Yahksbiz(m): 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
goods news is coming

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
Yahksbiz:
goods news is coming
as it's always coming grin God no go shame us

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Yahksbiz(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
brain02:
as it's always coming grin God no go shame us

Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
And here is the mannerless kiddo again
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
ThaRealist:
Baba u dey jonze oh, so u don't know who to ask, nah small mannerless girl ehn?
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Abs99: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
SirWarlock:
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
grin
what's the gist please??
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Computerilitrate: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
brain02:
grin what's the gist please??
cc sinkhole please don't forget to help us with the updates
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by udumelue61854: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
I'm not sure ASUU suspend strikes on Mondays . If the outcome of today's negotiation is positive and encouraging then probably Wednesday or Thursday.
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Dreamliner787(m): 2:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Doradorwa:

I'm 90% certain that they would call the strike off today..

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dreamliner787:

grin grin grin what about the remaining 10%
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
I'm sorry about our disagreement last week.... I hope you pardon me and let bygones be bygones..... Sincerely I'm very sorry.... But pls don't take this apology as a weakness to insult me and let's try to be civil to each other.... And pls don't even try to defame me pls don't try it... I'm sorry again... Enjoy the remaining of your day smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
I'm sorry about our disagreement last week.... I hope you pardon me and let bygones be bygones..... Sincerely I'm very sorry.... But pls don't take this apology as a weakness to insult me and let's try to be civil to each other.... And pls don't even try to defame me pls don't try it... I'm sorry again... Enjoy the remaining of your day smiley smiley
Who the hell are u talking to? I told u I will deal with u, perhaps u have already portrayed how mannerless u are blatantly, I will show u how to respect Ur elders since u were raised the wrong way

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
brain02:

grin
what's the gist please??
Imagine the little mannerless girl talking to me like am her mate, I already told her dat I will surely deal with her, if she talks to her elders in a mannerless way, she shouldn't try that shít with me becuz I will discipline her

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Who the hell are u talking to? I told u I will deal with u, perhaps u have already portrayed how mannerless u are blatantly, I will show u how to respect Ur elders since u were raised the wrong way
OKAY smiley
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
OKAY smiley
Give me Ur address real kiddo, am done done with u yet

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by ChemicalReaction(f): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
It's 3pm already.
Any update? cry
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by NairalandSARS: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
So what was the point if the voting?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Imagine the little mannerless girl talking to me like am her mate, I already told her dat I will surely deal with her, if she talks to her elders in a mannerless way, she shouldn't try that shít with me becuz I will discipline her
let bygones be bygones bro.
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
ChemicalReaction:
It's 3pm already.
Any update? cry
o boy forget that capping...those guys aren't serious with us.

3pm already...but to be frank with you I doubt any positive outcome from the negotiation. but let's hope!
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by SirWarlock: 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
brain02:
they should better call if off....o boy I'm tired mehhn.

btw check out this news below..

yeah I've seen that article cheesy. Like I said they won't suspend the strike today cheesy sad
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by SirWarlock: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dreamliner787:

why? grin. On a Monday? grin Based on?
Re: ASUU Strike: Negotiation Today By 3pm by SirWarlock: 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
NairalandSARS:
So what was the point if the voting?
To let us know they're still not backing out from the strike sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OMG See The First Football Match Of The World / Why My School Remained Open, Despite Covid-19 Lockdown. / Photo Of The Day :( WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.