Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums (6387 Views)

The Oba Of Benin's Palace Before 1897 British Destruction - PIC / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
I would not give a straight answer but i will give reasons why it can or not possible ,

Yes the British invaded the benin empire with guns and sacked it, in the past there were no jaz to protect people from such unfamiliar weapons
But today we have such and i saw a guy Dustin bullet from his chest shot from an armored tank and i have also seen
Niger delta boys dustin bullet from air strikes, as for the bombs we have disappearing jazz for it too ,
Unlike in the past, many factors played out why benin were conquered if you base it on the military weapon alone then, you're ignorant
The then oba of benin had to surrender to British forces to save benin from further destruction

The oba of benin is invisible dont underestimate him he is the chief priest to all chief priest in the enitre acient empire he only answers to his ancestors

There is a saying in ondo that just as the oba of benin command respect and authority on earth so as their sky god commands in heaven

The British wanted to hang the oba as punishment but the benin chiefs told them that they rather all die to see that happens and even the British succeeded in hanging the oba that the British lives would be cut shut, and that they will all die mysteriously which they considered and sent him on exile unlike the treatment giving to jaja of opopo who was hanged

For mob attacking the palace it would be disastrous even if the oba had done all shade of wrongs, the oba in acient past had once done wrongs and the highest thing that occurred was anarchy which was later restored, having the intention of doing evil to the oba the moment you cross the oba palace gate with such intentions
That person will just fall and die, it is a protective jazz Found in the gate

If you hold the oba staff or crown it would be instant madness the British soldier who did that all ran mad and died mysteriously

But i believe if the people are against the oba anarchy can occur the palace can be torn apart but hurting the oba or taking his staff is no go area

I believe the vioce of the people his the voice of the gods too, but trust me people will die if they invade the oba palace things wen dem go see go make the mods run go back they shout for help

If they use bomb, the building will only collapse and no body go die

The oba is divine so forget it

AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Etinosa1234
Etrusen
Valirex
Ghostwon

1 Like

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by MickzyDonald: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
Should i gather area boys for you,they will scatter it in one piece

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 12:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
All this cultural positions are just ceremonial names, believe me no spiritual importance is attached to it.

Instead they are use to syphon dollars and royalties from unsuspecting public.

How can an Ova be keeping 3 coffins filled with dollars? Nature, culture and gods do not protect such cultural heads, fake people everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Yes, they will all die, i bet you, they will all drop dead at the gate your best attempt is bombing

You who summoned the areas boys tho you were present yourself go die too
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by MickzyDonald: 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
Edeyoung:

Yes, they will all die, i bet you, they will all drop dead at the gate your best attempt is bombing

You who summoned the areas boys tho you were present yourself go die too
Bro I'm very confident,if i bring tons of them from Abk,i mean the ones that are fully soaked with power,infact your king will run comot palace sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by longetivity(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
make you no say Edo boys craze pass Lagos boys
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
writetopoker2:
All this cultural positions are just ceremonial names, believe me no spiritual importance is attached to it.

Instead they are use to syphon dollars and royalties from unsuspecting public.

How can an Ova be keeping 3 coffins filled with dollars? Nature, culture and gods do not protect such cultural heads, fake people everywhere

Please don't equate our oba to this nonsense talk

Our oba was collecting stipends from his empire
Before the British stopped it, so he deserve all the money he is giving and receiving from federal
Govt

The oba of benin still owns all the land in edo state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Bro I'm very confident,if i bring tons of them from Abk,i mean the ones that are fully soaked with power,infact your king will run comot palace sef

E blike say u self dey underestimate the oba of benin power lol

He is the chief priest to all chief priest in benin

If you want to fight the oba and win dont go spiritual because you will loose go physical maybe bombing and make sure edo people support you too

Unless it a suicide mission it happend in the past bro
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Omihanifa: 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hoodlums can't dare invade the oba's palace simply because the king is not a controversial person. Unlike the oba of Lagos that is known for making inciteful statements and a man of questionable character
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
Omihanifa:
Hoodlums can't dare invade the oba's palace simply because the king is not a controversial person. Unlike the oba of Lagos that is known for making inciteful statements and a man of questionable character

Even wen he has done all wrong of shade wen dey do, they will know say d world juju came from benin wen d British saw what they saw

Things full dat palace bro, d best effect dey can do is bombing going inside d palace is suicide on d mobs bro
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
Edeyoung:

Please don't equate our oba to this nonsense talk

Our oba was collecting stipends from his empire
Before the British stopped it, so he deserve all the money he is giving and receiving from federal
Govt

The oba of benin still owns all the land in edo state

I time for fight bro, I was only answering a simple question from the OP.

Indirectly you are saying any one who owns lands, maybe in hectares and collect royalties should have raw dollars in coffins.

Is well, OK why did he not take them to the banks? Or maybe the foreigner donors of raw dollars also advice's him to construct 3 coffins for these raw hard foreign currencies?

1 Like

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
writetopoker2:

I time for fight bro, I was only answering a simple question from the OP.

Indirectly you are saying any one who owns lands, maybe in hectares and collect royalties should have raw dollars in coffins.

Is well, OK why did he not take them to the banks? Or maybe the foreigner donors of raw dollars also advice's him to construct 3 coffins for these raw hard foreign currencies?

[s]All this cultural positions are just ceremonial names, believe me no spiritual importance is attached to it.

Instead they are use to syphon dollars and royalties from unsuspecting public[/s]

You said rubbish there,

Our oba is entitled to all money he get for d federal govt and his powers in benin is not just ceremonial
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Edeyoung:

[s]All this cultural positions are just ceremonial names, believe me no spiritual importance is attached to it.

Instead they are use to syphon dollars and royalties from unsuspecting public[/s]

You said rubbish there,

Our oba is entitled to all money he get for d federal govt and his powers in benin is not just ceremonial

Can you swear for him?
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
writetopoker2:

Can you swear for him?

Yep,
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
Edeyoung:

Yep,

Ok enjoy your Oba

But Oba in my place meas "yam ban". Sorry about that but you can ask anyone. grin shocked grin
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by AreaFada2: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Well, in theory any Palace can be invaded. But it depends on the culture of the people involved.

The Palace though is the King's abode and office, it's actually the heritage of the entire people of the kingdom. As for Benin Palace many people in Lagos, Ondo, Delta and some other places share that heritage.

People's sense of belonging and history matters a lot in defending, cherishing or destroying what is actually their own heritage.

Let me not go into the mystical argument.
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
writetopoker2:

Ok enjoy your Oba

But Oba in my place meas "yam ban". Sorry about that but you can ask anyone. grin shocked grin

Those kings were politically made, our oba doesnt care about having money because the benin culture gives less respect to wealth

1 Like

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by olanipekun14360: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Edeyoung:

Those kings were politically made, our oba doesnt care about having money because the benin culture gives less respect to wealth

OK, noted
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Etinosa1234: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
MickzyDonald:

U talk like a dreamer... So u'll bring boys from abk and Benin pple will be twerking for u

Receive sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Etinosa1234: 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
olanipekun14360:

The question u should be asking is area boys from where...?

If u think from Benin, then Lemme remind u that Edo nor be Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Etinosa1234: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
It can happen but I don't think it can happen now because our oba is not a controversial person. He sees himself as the father of Benin and Edos in general.. so as a father, it will be bad to meddle in the affairs of ur children hence the non partisan stance..

Besides the average Benin person has pride in his culture and the oba Being the custodian of the culture is being cherished.. so it's highly unlikely from one foreigner to try to attempt to invade the oba palace

Ask onyearugbulem who died mysteriously 4years after attempting to change Benin tradition

2 Likes

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by ekene101: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Are you aware that a late past oba conjure fire with his hands and threw it on a tree and the tree burnt down?
Are you also aware that the present oba placed a curse on traffickers,who specialize in trafficking Edo citizens abroad for the wrong purpose after forcing them to take oaths in order to pay back millions and traffickers started dying both home and abroad till trafficking was reduced to a minimum?
Do you know there was a time oba market was on fire and hoodlums used the opportunity to loot traders wares and the issue got to the late oba,he made an announcement that he will be stepping out the next day on bare foot to walk the length and breadth of the market,who ever looted anything as small as a pin will face the consequences and truly almost everything looted were returned that same day while the stubborn ones actually payed for what they priced ignorantly with the mindset that oba's power are just myth?.. I could go on and on because it's not every oba or king one toys with. even some chiefs are not permitted to see the oba talkless of sitting among his councils, likewise it's not every seat in there(throne not included,just normal seats) a stranger or even an indigene or some categories of chiefs can sit on in the palace?
Do you know almost all the guards working in there have never set their eyes on ring road even though the palace is just less than a stone throw from there and are virgins till the end of their service? I can still go on..
Do you know there was a time an old witch got toasted and roasted in the air like roasted chicken just for flying over the palace of the oba,the witch didn't have business there but was toasted just for flying over it.
Do you know it took more than the mouth could mention before the palace walls were demolished at a particular section just for expansion of ring road to be constructed during oshiomhole's tenure as governor,and rebuilt. Go ask any Benin person,e go clear ur doubt. I dare you to go touch the cloth of that young man oba places his hands on and not oba himself and see if you will see the fowl or goat your family will slaughter for Xmas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by RedboneSmith(m): 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
The kind of faith supposedly educated people have in jazz will never stop being funny to me. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by IDENNAA(m): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:
It can happen but I don't think it can happen now because our oba is not a controversial person. He sees himself as the father of Benin and Edos in general.. so as a father, it will be bad to meddle in the affairs of ur children hence the non partisan stance..

Besides the average Benin person has pride in his culture and the oba Being the custodian of the culture is being cherished.. so it's highly unlikely from one foreigner to try to attempt to invade the oba palace

Ask onyearugbulem who died mysteriously 4years after attempting to change Benin tradition

Your Oba doesn't possess such juju power. If the palace got razed to the ground nothing will happen. You will just make incantations and spill animal blood and leave everywhere stinking. Grow up!

1 Like

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Can you tell me more about Onyearugbulem..
Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Etinosa1234: 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Your Oba doesn't possess such juju power. If the palace got razed to the ground nothing will happen. You will just make incantations and spill animal blood and leave everywhere stinking. Grow up!

Our artifacts in European museum gave our tradition international recognition..

I'm sorry we can't say the same abt ur tradition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Please don’t try it ,it would be suicide even d British needed the help of Benin’s to enter d palace despite the help some died because they dared some fact told by the chiefs

2 Likes

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by IDENNAA(m): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Our artifacts in European museum gave our tradition international recognition..

I'm sorry we can't say the same abt ur tradition

My culture is widely noted across the globe. From music , to art , to wealth and politics. Keep quiet , little man. Nobi Bini wey I lived for 5yrs! How many of you can speak your language ? Go siddon inside shrine where you belong!

1 Like

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by IDENNAA(m): 8:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
Edeyoung:

Please don’t try it ,it would be suicide even d British needed the help of Benin’s to enter d palace despite the help some died because they dared some fact told by the chiefs

Nobody needed help to raze down your stinking city were virgins were slaughtered like chicken to win a war you had nothing to fight with. The only people you scare are the typical Naija Christians.

For instance , let assume your Oba killed my relative I will hang him on a tree and burn down that hell hole. You think I am a Nigerian Christian that fear every red cloth tied together...lmao

The best is your Oba to respect himself and everybody will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Nobody needed help to raze down your stinking city were virgins were slaughtered like chicken to win a war you had nothing to fight with. The only people you scare are the typical Naija Christians.

For instance , let assume your Oba killed my relative I will hang him on a tree and burn down that hell hole. You think I am a Nigerian Christian that fear every red cloth tied together...lmao

The best is your Oba to respect himself and everybody will be fine.

Lol, more of your families will keep on dieing

Your stubbornness nor reach edo people own,
Benin literally mean anger, so chil dem go still kill more of your family put join d one wen dem kill

At d end you go die, your family go die, and d man wen u won fight go still dey alive

Life is not fair

Anini wont dare advice you to

Because you get gun and you get anger nor mean say u go win dem go still play u put

The benin used people in d ancient times for sacrifice, and yet d oba remained in his stool

We will tell you story benin after your failure and add to glorify the royal stool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Oba Of Benin Palace Be Invaded By Hoodlums by Edeyoung: 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

My culture is widely noted across the globe. From music , to art , to wealth and politics. Keep quiet , little man. Nobi Bini wey I lived for 5yrs! How many of you can speak your language ? Go siddon inside shrine where you belong!

And we have never been to d east d less privileged always go about places looking for a greener pasture ,

I can speak my language,

You carry so much anger for edo

Why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See One Yoruba Word That Has several Meanings / All You Need To Know About Osun-osogbo And The History Of Osogbo. / 13 Of The World’s Most Shocking Initiation Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.