Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting (16980 Views)

Army Commanders Embezzle Millions Of Naira Donated By Zulum For Housing - SR / Families Of Six Slain Igbo Soldiers Drag Buratai, Army To ICC - Lawyer / Terrorism Likely To Persist In Nigeria For 20 Years - Buratai, Army Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Merimental(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Summary... They are trying to figure out who to use as a scape goat and also how to cause an ethnic and tribal crisis

Lol. The hidden camera inspector
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Omoslim26: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hmm abia as if nah today dem start to dey do meeting

1 Like

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Burruchaga71(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
Meeting upon meeting still nothing changes... Ndiara everywhere

1 Like

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Jostoman: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
You people cannot cover anything again, if you like, tell them not to speak the truth. Una secret go open very soon.

1 Like

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by israelmao(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
Killers' meeting
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by kushme: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
These guys too like public show.
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by sterlingD(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Summary... They are trying to figure out who to use as a scape goat and also how to cause an ethnic and tribal crisis
Omo that picture caption just dey make LWKMD
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Banmeallday: 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Where’s the evidence of the meeting..Someone that has gone missing for months suddenly reappears for meeting lol
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by RomanianNinja: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
sterlingD:

Omo that picture caption just dey make LWKMD
grin
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
omowolewa:
We don't Need to know about their meetings, we need outcome

God bless you!
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by oluwasegun007(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
They wanna give them handshake...

God is watching.
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by ideylaff: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
oluwasegun007:
They wanna give them handshake...

God is watching.

See the rubbish they sent out after their meeting ... damn

PRESS BRIEFING ON THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF LT GEN TY BURATAI's MEETING WITH PRINCIPAL STAFF OFFICERS, GENERAL OFFICERS COMMANDING AND FIELD COMMANDERS HELD AT THE ARMY HEADQUARTERS CONFERNCE ROOM ABUJA ON MONDAY 26 OCTOBER 2020

Ladies and Gentlemen of the press

1. The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Yusufu Buratai has just finished an important meeting with his Principal Staff Officers (PSOs), General Officers Commanding(GOCs) and Field Commanders this morning here at the Army Headquarters Conference Room.

2. At the meeting, the COAS Lt Gen TY Buratai made it unambiguously clear to the PSOs, GOCs and Field Commanders that there will be no room for disloyalty amongst all officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army (NA). He directed that they (PSOs, GOCs and Field Commanders) must reiterate to all their subordinates that the NA is determined to ensure democratic stability in Nigeria as the only panacea for development and progress. General Buratai also said - "The best system of governance is democracy and we must all ensure that Nigeria's democracy remains stable and steady. We will not allow any force, elements or destabilising agents in or outside our country to set our beloved country on fire. We remain resolute in doing everything possible to ensure that subversive elements, detractors and other enemies of this great nation do not achieve their aims and objectives of destabilisation".

3. General Buratai drew the attention of all the participants at the meeting that - "The events of the past few days in our dear nation have shown the determination of some unscrupulous individuals and groups to destabilize Nigeria by all means. These individuals, groups and other undesirable elements have hijacked the peaceful #ENDSARS protest marches resulting to widespread violence, acts of wanton destruction and looting of public and private properties in many parts of the country. These acts led to the imposition of curfew in several states of the federation" - he stated.

4. He also said that right from the onset of ENDSARS protest, the NA has been aware of the grand design by the sponsors of the protests to draw it into the crisis. The plan was to embark on massive propaganda to discredit the military and the government so as to set the people against the NA once it is called out to aid the civil authorities. The NA being aware of the devilish plan was careful not to be dragged in and issued the initial warning through a press release on 14 October 2020 of our resolve to secure and safeguard a United Nigeria. Now the detractors alongside their local and international collaborators have mischievously and deliberately misrepresented troops' efforts to ensure compliance with the curfew imposed by legitimate civil authorities in Lagos and other states. These agitators are falsely accusing the NA of being responsible for the activities of the miscreants despite glaring evidence to the contrary. They have continually threatened to report the NA to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and also threatened various forms of sanctions against personnel and their families. Thankfully however, a large percentage of Nigerians and the international community have started seeing through the smokescreen of falsehood and deliberate misrepresentation of facts being orchestrated by enemies of Nigeria and have retracted their earlier false publications.

5. The COAS further said -"Despite all these, the NA has continued to exercise restraint applied all the Principles of Internal Security Operations and fully abided by the internationally recognized Rules of Engagement as contained in our published Standard Operating Procedures for Internal Security Operations which are derived from the International Human Rights Laws and are in accordance with the international principles guiding the use of force". He used the opportunity to re-emphasize that none of the PSOs, GOCs, Field Commanders and other officers and soldiers of the NA should be afraid of the ICC for carrying out their legitimate duties as stated in the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) and other extant laws, rules and regulations of Nigeria. He further averred that -"They have every right under the Constitution to carry out assigned and legitimate roles of maintaining law and order in aid of civil authorities and other security agencies. He reiterated that anyone who doubts their commitment to their constitutional responsibilities must be made to know that they remain committed, loyal and unwavering in ensuring the unity, stability and security of our dear country Nigeria. He charged them to show the detractors and other elements of destabilization that they are neither part of them nor in anyway supportive of their activities at all times. He directed that any act of arson or attempt to kill or maim any military or security personnel and other law abiding civilians must be responded to quickly and decisively.

6. According to him -"In dealing with any security threat, they must fully cooperate with personnel of the Nigerian Police Force and other security agencies and must ensure that everyone is in full compliance with imposed curfews and any other extant security instructions in force".

7. General Buratai also alerted the PSOs, GOCs and Field Commanders that -"The recent activities by unscrupulous elements have shown their desire to acquire arms and ammunition at all cost from security personnel. No less than 10 AK-47 rifles have been lost to these miscreants in the past 2 weeks across the country with attendant lost of lives of personnel. He charged Commanders to nip in the bud this emerging trend at all cost, and directed them to warn their troops on internal security or on guard duties outside the barracks to be at maximum alert at all times and to also deal decisively with any attack on their duty locations". General Buratai concluded that - "There is no choice between a democratically United, strong and prosperous Nigeria and a nation disunited in a state of anarchy and retrogression. We must all strive for a united, strong, stable and progressive Nigeria".

8. At the end of the meeting, the PSOs, GOCs and Field Commanders resolved to:

a. Remain Loyal to the Federal Government of Nigeria under President Muhammadu Buhari.

b. Ensure the unity and indivisibility of our country.

c. Assist the Federal Government to bring an end to insecurity across the country and to prevent miscreants and criminals from hijacking the ENDSARS protest nation wide.

d. Remain focus and not to be deterred by any local or international threats.

e. All Commanders have been directed to intensify joint training with the Nigerian Police and other Sister Security Agencies to enhance interagency collaboration and cooperation.

9. Finally, I wish to extend the appreciation and best regards of the COAS. You are please requested to give this maximum publicity. Thank you for your attention and safe journey back to various destinations.

SAGIR MUSA
Colonel
Acting Director Army Public Relations
26 October 2020
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by morinto: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Love the Military..
I was a Product of the Military from Nursery to Secondary..
I am in my mid 30's by God's Grace and I lived over 20 yrs of my life in the Barracks..
I am a Product of the Military..
I am very Proud of my Military Heritage!!

But I must say this! What Happened in Lekki was not a good one at all! That was an act of Sheer Wickedness..
The Nigerian Military that I know is More Professional than that..
Whoever was Responsible for that needs to be Properly and Publicly dealt with ..

Finally and Most Important! We all need JESUS! Only Him can Reset our Hearts and Brains to do what is Right!
Don't tell me your name is Collins?
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Vyiecyie: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Love the Military..
I am in my mid 30's by God's Grace and I lived over 20 yrs of my life in the Barracks..

But I must say this! What Happened in Lekki was not a good one at all! That was an act of Sheer Wickedness..
Whoever was Responsible for that needs to be Properly and Publicly dealt with ..

Finally and Most Important! We all need JESUS! Only Him can Reset our Hearts and Brains to do what is Right!
My BarracKs Brother, from Dodan Barracks To Chari Megumeri Barracks. One love from this side,
Navy Quarters/base Lokoja. From Army Children to Nigerian Military School and now an officer of NN. Military Blood!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by TheGreatFinesse: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This people have been holding series of countless meetings without any good results
Bunch of pussy ass fucking niggars

What happened to your other monika
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by humilitypays(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Can anything good come from Satan The answer is NO!
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Passionate888: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sheybi the idiot say him no go comot from sambisa until Boko Haram finish? Lai Lai people
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by baby124: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rhapsodia:
Okay cheesy

I just dey pity the person wey them go use as scape goat... grin

So a battalion of army men is involved in shootings, and yet the leaders don't know about it....wow..

I fear who no fear this country for JOKES grin
All of them are cowards. Nobody wan to answer questions at ICC. Decision to use the army or any force should go through the NASS. Then no political figure can use them for games or grudges. They are our army, we pay for them. They also should not be appointed every time someone new is president but promoted from within. Now we have political security chiefs killing Nigerian army.

1 Like

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Righteousness89(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Vyiecyie:
My BarracKs Brother, from Dodan Barracks To Chari Megumeri Barracks. One love from this side,
Navy Quarters/base Lokoja. From Army Children to Nigerian Military School and now an officer of NN. Military Blood!

GOD BLESS You my Brother!!
Onward Together!!
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Righteousness89(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
morinto:
Don't tell me your name is Collins?
My Name is not Collins
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Jaqenhghar: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
Time wasters
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by alomeda600(m): 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
I Love the Military..

U started well.... But u sef reason the way u ended.
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Joguns(m): 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
fineboynl:
What meeting is that? We are talking about publishing those that was in lekki shooting unarmed protesters... And what is so difficult to list their names. Those that was there in lekki should be exposed.

All of this will end in sanction of the military and government. No country can buy nor sell from Nigeria.

Since the body of the dead was quickly remove. There are some families who still don't know yet if they lost anyone in lekki.

So what happened to Operation Crocodile smile now? Have they suddenly forgotten the annual 'festivity?'
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Joguns(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
baby124:

All of them are cowards. Nobody wan to answer questions at ICC. Decision to use the army or any force should go through the NASS. Then no political figure can use them for games or grudges. They are our army, we pay for them. They also should not be appointed every time someone new is president but promoted from within. Now we have political security chiefs killing Nigerian army.

For example, during the George Flloyd riots and protests, and President trying to bully the American military into using force against the protesters, the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff said the allegiance of the U.S. military is to the U.S. Constitution and not to any President.
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Vyiecyie:

U guys re clowns and cowards. U re only powerful when u see civilians without guns, u pee on ur pants when u re sent to north east to fight rag tag terrorists
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Vyiecyie: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
azmanaty2:

U guys re clowns and cowards. U re only powerful when u see civilians without guns, u pee on ur pants when u re sent to north east to fight rag tag terrorists
Okay sir
But you should note and know that "Not all military personels does that". If you ever felt harrassed or intimidated by a military officer, do well by reporting to the Military's Human Right Unit. I don't support harrassement of civilians sir.

1 Like

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by baby124: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
Joguns:

For example, during the George Flloyd riots and protests, and President trying to bully the American military into using force against the protesters, the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff said the allegiance of the U.S. military is to the U.S. Constitution and not to any President.
That’s how it is supposed to be. But Nigeria turn everything upside down so they can steal. Their thugs attack any voice of reason but end up suffering greatly with their children when the politician is out of office. No president should have sole control of the army. It’s not a dictatorship.

President should also not be appointing army officers, I am sure they have their own promotional rules and tribunals. Democratic authorities going into the army calls for disaster. This is why we cannot beat Boko Haram and they are just killing our army for target practice.
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by yoursidenigga(m): 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This people have been holding series of countless meetings without any good results
Bunch of pussy ass fucking niggars

Real Niggarrr, We have missed your posts here. Where you run go? Abi you ran out of blunt and went to restock?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Charly68: 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
No hidding place for the kakhi men..they shall pay for the killings of armless civians
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 27, 2020
According to the constitution of Nigeria is this man still supposed to be chief? He has run out of ideas and insecurity all over the place, he has no idea what his soldiers are doing.

Buhari is it not time to shuffle and change your security heads to people that would at least know what they are doing? Which fight in his history has this man won? Where are the warriors of Ecomog? This is the same army that saved west africa but look at what they are reduced to.

Shooting unarmed children at tollgate in Lekki. Shame on all of you and you call yourselves generals. What is wrong with Buhari that he refuses to follow the rules that are in place? This is how he kept that thieving governor in Kano even with video proof of him stealing money and people have been suffering here since.

This is not the Buhari we fought for.
Re: Buratai, Army Commanders Meet On Insecurity, Lekki Shooting by manbrain: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
This is amazing

(1) (2) (Reply)

FFK: Unongo's Suggestion To Protect Northerners In South West Is Dangerous / Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi / Five Things You Should Know About Oshiomhole’s New Bride “lara Fortes”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.