Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi (16950 Views)

Don’t Despair, We’ll Retrieve Our Stolen Mandate, Atiku Tells Supporters / ‘Don’t Despair Over Osun, Victory Awaits Tinubu In 2023’ - Support Group / Nigeria At 60: We Should Not Despair - Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by DesChyko: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2023
MESSAGE TO ALL OBIDIENTS AND MY SUPPORTERS

“DESPAIR IS NOT AN OPTION”.

My Dear Obidient Family and Supporters,

I trust that you all have listened to, or read my reaction to the judgment delivered by the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) on Wednesday, 6th September 2023.

Understandably, there has been a note of general disappointment within our fold and indeed the general population of Nigerians who hoped that the outcome of the February 25th Presidential election would usher in a new and different Nigeria of our dreams. That dream has only been deferred for now but remains alive for all times.

Since the Tribunal verdict, there has been a note of general despair among the Obidients and the generality of our supporters. I assure you all that on this journey, despair or surrender is not in our options.

Today, I want to personally reach out and encourage you all to keep hope alive. Considering the challenges that lie ahead of us as a movement, despair is not an option. Nothing good in life comes easy.

Throughout history, positive changes come only with sacrifices, perseverance, resilience and fluctuating fortunes. Right from the onset of our journey, I told you all that the journey upon which we were about to embark was not a short sprint, but a long and tough marathon. It was always going to be difficult, painful and excruciating.

We set out knowing fully well that the forces we are up against are entrenched and formidable but not insurmountable. They would resist the wind of change and try to push us into surrender or despair. We must not succumb to their design.

I am inspired that we have endured the odds placed in our way at every point. In such a short space of time, we have persevered to get to the point where we cannot be ignored any longer. Therefore, I urge you to abide and never think of giving up.

I wish to assure you that our recent disappointments have inspired me to re-dedicate myself to the cause of building a New Nigeria. For me, rescuing Nigeria is a lifelong commitment, and on this journey, we shall be resolute but orderly, principled but lawful.

I assure you that we shall persist with even greater determination and zeal until we get to our destination. Nigeria must belong to all Nigerians and not to a select few. Like all of you, I believe fervently that a New Nigeria is POssible. God bless you all and God bless Nigeria. -PO
Peter Obi Is a former Chairman, Tin Can Island Port Under General Abacha's Military Rule, two term Governor Of Anambra state, Former Vice Presidential Candidate under PDP in 2019 And Presidential Candidate Of Labor Party in the 2023 General Elections

135 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by DesChyko: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2023
Earlier this week, on Thursday, he spoke on the PEPC Judgement in a video coverage.

Transcript:
1. Yesterday, 6 September 2023, the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) finally delivered its long-awaited judgments on the Petitions challenging the outcome of the presidential election held on 25 February 2023. This judgment was delivered within the statutory time frame under the extant statutes. We acknowledge the Court's contributions to due process and the seeming attempt to strengthen our democracy. 

2. As petitioners in this case, we respect the views and rulings of the Court, but we disagree with the Court's reasoning and conclusions in the judgment it delivered. It is my intention as a presidential candidate and the intention of the Labour Party to challenge this judgment by way of appeal immediately, as allowed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

3. The PEPC has rendered its judgment, but that esteemed body is not the final arbiter. The responsibility now falls on the Supreme Court. I do know that judgment is not coterminous with justice. I implore Nigerians to remain focused, steadfast, and peaceful; and to abide by the rule of law and understand that this matter has not reached its logical conclusion.

4. Our legal team has already received our firm instruction to file an appeal against the decision. I shall not relent in the quest for justice, not necessarily for myself but indeed for our teeming supporters all over the country whose mandate to us at the polls was regrettably truncated by INEC.

5. The strength and value of our democracy reside in solid national institutions and our confidence in them. Electoral litigations will be almost unnecessary and nonexistent if the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) discharges its statutory functions creditably, transparently and with discernible fairness. When that body fails, as it did recently, thus subverting the will of Nigerian voters, the recourse to the judiciary becomes imperative, as is now the case.

6. I thank every Nigerian who has supported our cause and campaign for a New Nigeria characterized by fairness, equity, justice, the rule of law, peace, prosperity, inclusiveness, sustainable growth, and development. A New Nigeria is possible and achievable. I especially thank our legal team, the Labour Party and Obidient Family and all those who showed up daily during the court trials. God bless you all, and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by TemplarLandry: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2023
grin Hoe Bee the colossal failure be like:

Deenspair heens nornt ahnn hornpshon.
Hai neend mine mahnhood banck.
😭😢

187 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by TemplarLandry: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2023
HoeBee the feminine man who speaks through his nostrils doesn't wanna learn.

161 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This feminine man doesn't wanna learn.
No he won't learn how to rig election, pay heavy price to INEC chairman to rig for him like Tinubu did.

Peter Obi is an upright man and won't soil his hands like Tinubu did because he wanna be president at all cost.

233 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by helinues: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2023
Disgrace awaits you at Supreme court.

Like I have been saying, you don't need a brain to be Obidients. Do Obi and his supporters think new evidence would be presented at SC?

So which miracle are they expecting at SC when they couldn't even tell PEPT the polling stations they were rigged, number of discrepancy votes, the votes he should have received, what figure he had to have won the election, which states he received the required 25% in 24 states and how they arrived at it.

Na a must for a stubborn fly to follow the corpse to the grave

https://www.nairaland.com/7834089/loss-poll-defeated-pept-disgrace

185 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:
What have you ever achieved aside being a praise singer to a drug baron ?

President or not, Peter Obi is living the life that you wished you had

He was already a billionaire at 35 . What did you possibly achieved at 35?

Bought a house for $1million at 35 in London long before joining politics .

He's already successful

180 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by helinues: 7:37am On Sep 09, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

What have you ever achieved aside being a praise singer to a drug baron ?

President or not, Peter Obi is living the life that you wished you had

He was already a billionaire at 35 . What did you possibly achieved at 35?

Bought a house for $1million at 35 in London long before joining politics .

Okay, at your age, are you a trillionaire?

PrinceOfLagos:

I don't remember delving into drug business in Chicago united states like Mr Ebola Thubv ahmed

Tell us the issue you have with shame, why did you guys break up.

Should you even be shooking mouth into politics matter with this moniker if not that you slept off the day they were sharing free shame.

You came back since after the election to continue your mischievousness by ignoring the topic of discussion and be talking nonsense.

I ain't going to allow you to derail this thread as usual as you have nothing to say about the topic, just petty gossiping

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by DesChyko: 7:38am On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

I don't think he or us is bothered about that. You cannot cry more than the bereaved. So long as he is pursuing this just cause legally, I don't assume you have a real problem with that as a patriotic Nigerian? 😎

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 7:38am On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

Okay, at your age, are you a trillionaire?
I don't remember delving into drug business in Chicago united states like Mr Ebola Thubv ahmed who forfeited $460,000 proceeds of drugs to the united states government

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by muykem: 7:41am On Sep 09, 2023
I am very disappointed in Peter Obi lawyers. They didn't come up with any figures to show Peter Obi won the election.
We voted manually, votes counted manually, results announced in the poling units manually, results were entered into form EC8A manually, each agents collect their results copies manually.
I don't know why is it difficult to prove our case.

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by PrinceOfLagos: 7:41am On Sep 09, 2023
It is foolishness to support Tinubu even in your poverty state and still sit in the front row every Sunday in church praying to God to bless you.

Those supporting Tinubu should have a rethink

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by MuslimPegan: 7:43am On Sep 09, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin Hoe Bee be like:

Deenspair heens nornt ahnn hornpshon.
Hai neend mine mahnhood banck.
😭😢

This is how you were brought up .

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by helinues: 7:43am On Sep 09, 2023
DesChyko:

I don't think he or us is bothered about that. You cannot cry more than the bereaved. So long as he is pursuing this just cause legally, I don't assume you have a real problem with that as a patriotic Nigerian? 😎

It's good you acknowledge their are bereaved people.

This is only a political discussion, nothing like crying or taking paracetamol on behalf of the bereaved.

We say things the way they are without mincing words.

Disgrace awaits Peter Obi, Atiku at Supreme court. If you have issue with that, go to court

136 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by inoki247: 7:43am On Sep 09, 2023
Lol enjoy your motivational speech....

Bring out the figure the one your Polling Agent sent to you and your final score nd take it to court and leave all this motivational speech you won agreed show us your winning Figure with concrete backing....

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by FunkeAyorinde: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2023
cool
Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by AsomStructures: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Rest sir. We all know that justice won't be served.. I'll urge that u prepare for 2027. Nigerian has gone to the dogs..
BTW
See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

2 Likes

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by illicit(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Yes

It's your fate, your destiny, your life

2 Likes

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by LegacyB: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Ok. Motivational delusions .

4 Likes

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by Rebuke: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
damn black faced colonizer. Sellout Marxist demonic man

4 Likes

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by Vifx: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Lol
Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by Jonjam269: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Obingo entertaining his deluded Obidots in order to stay relevant and continuing catching out, social media president of Obidots from Agulu.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by FreeStuffsNG: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2023
Hmmmm. Motivational speaker.
Sir, election has held and true winner declared.

The 3rd can not be 1st , it's not possible, it's not by motivational speaking or fabricated agulu results. Nigerians have chosen your President as Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu , GCFR.

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by baylord77(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
We are with you my president.

8 Likes

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by Ofunaofu: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
“DESPAIR IS NOT AN OPTION”.

Is has never been and will never be an option

This country must be rescued from these criminals, hostage takers holding the entire state institutions such as the Judiciary, Legislature, INEC, DSS, Police, EFCC, ICPC etc by the jugular

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
Okay

1 Like

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by VIKTO83(m): 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
I'm sure must have a stake in Arise TV

3 Likes

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by DesChyko: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2023
helinues:

It's good you acknowledge their are bereaved people.

This is only a political discussion, nothing like crying or taking paracetamol on behalf of the bereaved.

Well, there's always an opportunity to educate the half-lettered.

Going by the basic errors you've been making in your submissions, I'm not so surprised this flew over your head. Crying more than the bereaved is actually an idiom and not a literal statement. 😎

But like I asked, I hope you have no real problems with Obi heading to the Supreme Court as a patriotic Nigerian? If you're not, what's the point of all these wailings?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despair Is Not An Option - Peter Obi by Judolisco(m): 7:47am On Sep 09, 2023
With the way d so called obidients have been abusing d yorubas be rest assured that we've seen your true colour... U got a lot of votes from d south west in d last election... Not anymore man...

17 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra: INEC Reschedules Voting In 65 Wards To Sunday / Anxiety As Nigeria’s Fresh 25 Oil Cargoes Await Buyers / Attacks On Nigerians In S/Africa Absolutely Unacceptable, Unreasonable–osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.