Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting (63184 Views)

NBC Sanctions Brekete Family Radio For Recurring Unprofessional Conduct / Updated: NBC Sanctions AIT, NTA, Channels, And Others-threatens Outright Closure / Nbc Sanctions Nta, Ait, Channels, Tvc Over Hate Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Beautyaddy: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
GeneralPula:
Very good..

We won’t have a better Nigeria if we all get brainwashed..

Next time they won’t publish what they didn’t verify!

You're a Big Brainwashed Fool!

Is NBC going to sanction CNN and BBC too?

If they don't then all those NBC Brainwashed are Bastards! angry

3 Likes

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Amotolongbo(f): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
[s]
Organs:

Stop talking NONSENSE. Use your head. Did you see CNN or any foreign media sharing unverified photos and videos? The only way we can move forward in this country is when everyone is held accountable for what they do, say or are responsible for. That is what we need to agitate and clamour for. It shouldn't matter where that person is from or how he speaks and worships. In this scenario now, if soldiers fired at protesters, they should be fished out and held accountable for doing that as well as their oga and whoever gave them the command. Also, those that manufactured fake news, pictures, videos and images and shared as evidence of lekki massacre and those that reported massacre all should be held accountable and should be made to pay fine, do a mandatory class and do community service.
[/s]Thrash

1 Like

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Coolingeffect: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
They shouldn't pay. They should challenge the fines in court

2 Likes

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by ultiliberty(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
What a govt, an agency controlled by the ministry of lie lai Muhammed can never achieve positive results.
I weep for the Nation.

I hope & pray that God Almighty will raise a mighty saviour for us, soon.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Beautyaddy: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Jbleenk:
I’m expecting these stations to sue their ass dry

At what Court are these Stations going to sue them at
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Brushstrokes20: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Useless govt of self serving thieves and sadistic Tyrants!
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2020
Marine54:
Were they suppose to get permission from NTA/NBC before airing the shooting ? Na stone age mentality dey worry this Administration !
Posting of unverified photos, how would you see nothing wrong with that. And you would come out feeling as if you are better than the government when you know next to nothing about basic journalism.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Biodun556(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
GeneralPula:
Very good..

We won’t have a better Nigeria if we all get brainwashed..

Next time they won’t publish what they didn’t verify!

If they have been on ground at Lekki protest, most of the issues would have been unraveled.

I watched AIT during the protest saying they couldn't get to protest ground because of traffic due to road blocked by the protesters.

Why can't they use drone? I asked myself

If it were aljazeera or bbc they will make sure they get there. Nigerian media will stay in office waiting for social media report which is not reliable.

We all saw the way the protesters chased tvc crew from the venue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by ayenale1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
This administration is setting in bad precedence.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by sonofthunder: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Commentor: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2020
anochuko01:

The live videos, eye witnesses, Amnesty international reports and governor's visits to hospitals nko?

Let's break it down.

Can you provide credible eye witness account?

Amnesty International has been known to jump on the wagon of "the oppressed" before looking at facts.

For the sake of peace and fact finding , it was incumbent on the governor to visit hospitals and places of refuge as well as to make statements to dampen the already inflamed mood.

Facts of the matter:

Till date, there's yet to be any video displaying a directed shooting at civilians at the toll gate.

Till date, there's yet to be a confirmed broadsheet of victims, either missing or confirmed dead from such shooting.

Till date, all pictures that have been circulated online have been debunked, one or two of which I have done myself.

Till date, those who claimed to have witnessed such killings have suddenly ducked for cover. I'm talking about you DJ_Switch if you are reading this.

Think about it dispassionately. If such a thing had occurred in Lagos, not just Lagos, Lekki Toll gate, would the identity of the victims still be shrouded in mystery?

2 Likes

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by guru90: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hausa wanna rule 9ja forever...............

I dont blame hausa people but i blamed Useless Britain by creating 17 to 18 states for them!!!!
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:
To me they should have the right to sue if the govt cannot prove that the images they aired were unverified.

U can just fine them for airing a live video from a scene
Do you bother to read the article at all, that's the exact reason why they are fined. Now it is up to them to prove that the picture we're real, which I don't think they could. How can a journalist sit in his office and be updating the world with pictures from social media.

Remember even the celebrities share unverified pictures which were proven to be from a drama and others, if you don't see a reason to probe them for that then you really deserve a worst government then this.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by uchennaq(m): 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
This same NBC that is busy fraudlently making MTN to pay billions.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Whitecoal711: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
No wonder NTA was busy airing how to cook ogbono soap that day

1 Like

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by dingbang(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Idiots .

1 Like

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by anochuko01(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
Commentor:

Let's break it down.

Can you provide credible eye witness account?

Amnesty International has been known to jump on the wagon of "the oppressed" before looking at facts.

For the sake of peace and fact finding , it was incumbent on the governor to visit hospitals and places of refuge as well as to make statements to dampen the already inflamed mood.

Facts of the matter:

Till date, there's yet to be any video displaying a directed shooting at civilians at the toll gate.

Till date, there's yet to be a confirmed broadsheet of victims, either missing or confirmed dead from such shooting.

Till date, all pictures that have been circulated online have been debunked, one or two of which I have done myself.

Till date, those who claimed to have witnessed such killings have suddenly ducked for cover. I'm talking about you DJ_Switch if you are reading this.

Think about it dispassionately. If such a thing had occurred in Lagos, not just Lagos, Lekki Toll gate, would the identity of the victims still be shrouded in mystery?

Rubbish.
The people sanwo-olu visited were from Jupiter? The people he confirmed to be dead were from Mars? He claimed CCTV wasn't removed, then what's delaying them from showing the incident that happened.

Army publicly said live videos were Photoshoped. That's the highest height of irresponsibly and they've lost every iota of credibility and worthiness, hence any word from them is dead on arrival.

It would be the highest height of wickedness to ask peaceful protesters under the attack of soldiers to produce any form of evidence more than what they did that night.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Amotolongbo:
NBC has been recklessly used by Lai Mohammed against the TV and Radio stations that have been with the masses and reporting ongoing issues as they are.

These Private TV and Radio Stations are meant to be a little bit aligned with the masses cos they are profit making organizations, thriving and developing on nothing but public acceptance.

NBC can’t expect Channels and Arise News (leaving out AIT anyway) to start acting dummy to the government like NTA being solely financed by the government or TVC which its proprietary is neo-government.

I wonder how CNN would have been dealt with if CNN and Donald Trump are Nigerians
NBC is under Isa Pantami, not Lai Mohammdd.

The three stations need to sue NBC.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Thomthom(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
sylve11:
NBC should sanction NTA for airing unuseful programmes as well.

An oppressive government is feared more than a tiger. cool
NBC should sanction NTA for airing unuseful programmes as well.. Hahahahaha
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Organs(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]Thrash

Do you understand or know the meaning of the phrase "Justice for All" ?
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Organs(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
gambia:
[s][/s]

Do you care about the "TRUTH" ?
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Ghokes(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Amotolongbo:
NBC has been recklessly used by Lai Mohammed against the TV and Radio stations that have been with the masses and reporting ongoing issues as they are.

These Private TV and Radio Stations are meant to be a little bit aligned with the masses cos they are profit making organizations, thriving and developing on nothing but public acceptance.

NBC can’t expect Channels and Arise News (leaving out AIT anyway) to start acting dummy to the government like NTA being solely financed by the government or TVC which its proprietary is neo-government.

I wonder how CNN would have been dealt with if CNN and Donald Trump are Nigerians

Channels TV has been compromised, they were very reluctant to air #EndSars protest and the aftermath of Lekki shootings. The financier/owner was announced as the Chairman Governing Council/Pro Chancellor of UNILAG after Wale Babalakin saga. Arise TV was exceptional in its coverage of the whole event.

1 Like

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:
Every journalist must rise up and challenge this buhari and lie mohammed's attack on the free media. Go to court and get a perpetual injunction against these feudal f00ls, if that doesn't work, start your transition to operate satellite-based pirate TV stations that they cannot control.

These are f00ls who rode on media freedom of GEJ's regime to get into power, now they interested in stopping others from airing their opinions they way they were allowed to air theirs. I don't know why protesters have not captured Lie mohammed to panel-beat his big lying mouth by now?
Simple then. They should sue if they actually didn't spread unverified/false images which contributed to the escalation of violence.
It's not everything you get emotional about sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by SKINDOGGY: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
Free 5gb only mtn users

*131*8144250642*200#

Anonymous is at it again!
Please God bless saint Anonymous
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Commentor: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
anochuko01:

Rubbish.
The people sanwo-olu visited were from Jupiter? The people he confirmed to be dead were from Mars? He claimed CCTV wasn't removed, then what's delaying them from showing the incident that happened.

Army publicly said live videos were Photoshoped. That's the highest height of irresponsibly and they've lost every iota of credibility and worthiness, hence any word from them is dead on arrival.

It would be the highest height of wickedness to ask peaceful protesters under the attack of soldiers to produce any form of evidence more than what they did that night.

Name one confirmed deceased victim of the "massacre".

1 Like

Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Twist4u: 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
It seems, the next Slogan for protest will be "END NBC" impunity.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by dallyemmy: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
matex97:
They want the stations to be like archaic NTA that kept showing farmers planting rice while news regarding the unrest last week wasn't shown at all. They must resist this intimidation by challenging this order at the court.

DAT STATION STILL DEY?
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by leisuretym: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Marine54:
Were they suppose to get permission from NTA/NBC before airing the shooting ? Na stone age mentality dey worry this Administration !

I no even dey watch TV, instagram and YouTube is okay for me, he should also ban those.

I prefer those open source
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by WaleRock: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
I'm not sure Nigerians know the type of rulership they're under.

They will still wake up by fire, by force, by extreme hunger, by acute suffocation.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by MRSUCCESS70: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
All This People With Their Problem. Total Bullsh**t.
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Okoroawusa: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
#2m ? For what?

Anything less than #500 million each is not acceptable to us. The destruction and lives they caused is not less than #2trl.

What nonsense!!
Re: NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting by Okoroawusa: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ghokes:

Channels TV has been compromised, they were very reluctant to air #EndSars protest and the aftermath of Lekki shootings. The financier/owner was announced as the Chairman Governing Council/Pro Chancellor of UNILAG after Wale Babalakin saga. Arise TV was exceptional in its coverage of the whole event.
It's like your means of livelihood was not looted that is why you have mouth to talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure / Buhari's Left Ear: You Be The Judge / El-Zakzaky Spotted In A Plane Heading To India For Medical Treatment (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.