Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Married To A Jehovah's Witness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married To A Jehovah's Witness? (3930 Views)

Swiss Woman Married To A Nigerian Thought She Would Never Have Children (Photos) / Woman Married To Dead Man For 5 Years - The Sun (Photo) / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Oracle20: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Is there any one male or female who's married to a Jehovah's witness when you are not a witness? Can you share your experience. I'm about to get married to a Jehovah's witness. We love each other but I nurse the fear of the possibility of religious issues in the future. Useful advice based on experience only. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by parkervero(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
It will be good you adopt your husband belief to avoid unnecessary family problems relating to differences in religious doctrine. I can't say you must not marry him because you are already entangled with him. So, weigh the option of adopting his belief or faith as you are going into marriage with him.

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Oracle20: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Thank you for your comment. But I'm a man.

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by managingpartner(f): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
The only way you can get married to her is when she is excommunicated. In as much as she is still in the faith, her family will never allow her to marry a non witness.

8 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Oracle20: 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Are you a Jehovah's witness?
managingpartner:
The only way you can get married to her is when she is excommunicated. In as much as she is still in the faith, her family will never allow her to marry a non witness.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by coolsegun2002: 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Oracle20:
Is there any one male or female who's married to a Jehovah's witness when you are not a witness? Can you share your experience. I'm about to get married to a Jehovah's witness. We love each other but I nurse the fear of the possibility of religious issues in the future. Useful advice based on experience only. Thanks.

JWs are like Muslims, they see non-JWs as inferior....becos they belive they are the one worshiping the true God and the rest are not ...

so, the fact that a JW wants to marry you from another denomination is a sign that she’s partly liberal...and might be flexible with her faith.. or even willing to be excommunicated..

follow the Bible in your marriage..already JWs have their own interpretation of scripture... but I think they have almost the same standard with all Christians when it comes to marriage...just that they don’t do naming ceremony...

Hey....look on the bright side....if you like alcohol, your JW husband or wife won’t judge you...

...las las, you go dey alright jarè..

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by managingpartner(f): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
No I'm not ,but i have close friends who are.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by managingpartner(f): 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
Oracle20:
Are you a Jehovah's witness?
No I'm not but i have close friends that are Jehovah Witness.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Page3: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
coolsegun2002:

JWs are like Muslims, they see non-JWs as inferior....becos they belive they are the one worshiping the true God and the rest are not ...

so, the fact that a JW wants to marry you from another denomination is a sign that he’s partly liberal...and might be flexible with m his faith

follow the Bible in your marriage..already JWs have their own interpretation of scripture... but I think they have almost the same standard with all Christians when it comes to marriage...just that they don’t do naming ceremony...

Hey....look on the bright side....if you like alcohol, your JW husband or wife won’t judge you...

"....las las, you go dey alright jarè..
Hey....look on the bright side....if you like alcohol, your JW husband or wife won’t judge you..."

This got me grin

Biko if you have an event coming up soon. Feel free to chat me up. I am the budget friendly event decorator....don't dull ya sef. Call/what's app -08081504149
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by tobechi74: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
Husband don finish for your area.? Marry someone with similar thinking like you
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Ohizman73(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2020
This your question is tactical ,your partner you want to marry is not a real JW ,just claiming.Why JW dont marry non JW ,they are very particular and over strict on that.Infact they dont even date non JW in the first place. so am begginning to wonder how you got entangled in the first place. Your marriage can never work out as they have their doctrines to the latter. it is better you look for a partner with the same religious ideology. your case is the same as a xtian girl marrying a muslim man

1 Like

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by modupeayomide: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
You guys will definitely experience difficulty in your Marriage. The difference in doctrines would bring about problems whether you like it or not maybe not now but definitely in the future. It always does. It is not even advised to convert a person because of Marriage, let alone marrying a non witness. Gaskiya the thing go hard, but she has made her choice and she will live with it.
Marriage is a personal decision, no one would get punished for marrying a non witness although you may lose some privileges in the Congregation but that one no mean say Brothers go dey look you like sinner, it's your load to carry and Marriage on its own na Load but the load becomes lighter when you share it with a partner who has the same beliefs as you do, someone who shares the same purpose as you. May Jehovah give us the strength to wait on him and do his will✌�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by ImaIma1(f): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please research and ask questions around to know their beliefs and doctrines to avoid future problems that you can avoid.

Love is not enough when it comes to marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Whatever religious issues you're foreseeing or differences you may have in the future should be discussed with him/her now.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Simply convert to JW
It's a peaceful and God centered lifestyle
But don't marry wen two of us are not in sync concerning this matter. U shldnt confuse ur children
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Oracle20: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Thank you all for your opinions. The thing is that. She's liberal in thinking as i'm. I have examined the teachings and views from both sides. I came to the conclusion that all are same when it comes to the core things in Christianity. But unfortunately a lot of people would rather place emphasis on the things that are not important, things that were never taught by Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Somzee(f): 5:15am On Oct 27, 2020
Marriage is a different ball game from dating, what doesn't matter now might be a great deal in marriage tomorrow.
Are you ready to allow her keep up with her faith after marriage?
You know the feeling of love is overwhelming that it can make you take decisions that you might not be comfortable with in the future.
My advice, marry someone that shares same religious beliefs as you.

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Stan2330(m): 5:28am On Oct 27, 2020
Non witness cannot marry a witness except the witness decided to leave the congregation
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by janvier27(m): 7:44am On Oct 27, 2020
From experience I'll give you three examples of what not to expect from her if really she's one: She'll never utter the words 'merry christmas' to you on christmas neither will she partake in the celebrations; She'll never utter 'happy birthday' to you on your birthdays; She will not join you to enter any other church for any celebrations for any of your family members. For those comparing JW to Muslims, truth is that Muslims are more tolerant. Yes, jws appear more friendly, but it ends there.

4 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Teddiie(f): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2020
Ohizman73:
This your question is tactical ,your partner you want to marry is not a real JW ,just claiming.Why JW dont marry non JW ,they are very particular and over strict on that .Infact they dont even date non JW in the first place. so am begginning to wonder how you got entangled in the first place. Your marriage can never work out as they have their doctrines to the latter. it is better you look for a partner with the same religious ideology. your case is the same as a xtian girl marrying a muslim man

@bolded, very true. I have an aunt who got married late simply because she wanted to marry a JW. She eventually married a JW tho. Op's fiancee might be the liberal type.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Notatribalist(m): 11:14am On Oct 27, 2020
Oracle20:
I don't know how she wants to marry you when you're not his church member.. But Jehovah's witness marriages hardly crass o,they believe so much in that Union. I love it though

1 Like

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Oracle20: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2020
I understand you. But I'm not so strong on those things because I believe non of them is core to Christianity. The issue of accompanying me to any Church function, we are discussing that now.
[
quote author=janvier27 post=95382014]From experience I'll give you three examples of what not to expect from her if really she's one: She'll never utter the words 'merry christmas' to you on christmas neither will she partake in the celebrations; She'll never utter 'happy birthday' to you on your birthdays; She will not join you to enter any other church for any celebrations for any of your family members. For those comparing JW to Muslims, truth is that Muslims are more tolerant. Yes, jws appear more friendly, but it ends there.[/quote]
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Oracle20: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2020
She doesn't care much about that.

Notatribalist:
I don't know how she wants to marry you when you're not his church member.. But Jehovah's witness marriages hardly crass o,they believe so much in that Union. I love it though
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by janvier27(m): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Somzee:
Marriage is a different ball game from dating, what doesn't matter now might be a great deal in marriage tomorrow.
Are you ready to allow her keep up with her faith after marriage?
You know the feeling of love is overwhelming that it can make you take decisions that you might not be comfortable with in the future.
My advice, marry someone that shares same religious beliefs as you.

Bolded very true.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by janvier27(m): 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Oracle20:
I understand you. But I'm not so strong on those things because I believe non of them is core to Christianity. The issue of accompanying me to any Church function, we are discussing that now.

Great. The differences can all be managed really with understanding and acceptance on both sides..

quote author=janvier27 post=95382014]From experience I'll give you three examples of what not to expect from her if really she's one: She'll never utter the words 'merry christmas' to you on christmas neither will she partake in the celebrations; She'll never utter 'happy birthday' to you on your birthdays; She will not join you to enter any other church for any celebrations for any of your family members. For those comparing JW to Muslims, truth is that Muslims are more tolerant. Yes, jws appear more friendly, but it ends there.
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
You're not a JW and you want to marry one?
E be like you get strength for long and unnecessary arguments. grin

3 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by thorpido(m): 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
The truth is they hardly marry a non-JW.For your fiancée to think of marrying you shows she's not deep in her doctrines.You say she's liberal and that's ok but will she keep going to her Church kingdom when you marry?Will you also follow her there?Where will your children go?How will you manage family from both sides and activities(especially birthdays,parties etc)?
Oracle20:
Thank you all for your opinions. The thing is that. She's liberal in thinking as i'm. I have examined the teachings and views from both sides. I came to the conclusion that all are same when it comes to the core things in Christianity. But unfortunately a lot of people would rather place emphasis on the things that are not important, things that were never taught by Jesus Christ.
You're getting indoctrinated. grin I go love o.

4 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by PuZZyNegro: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Oracle20:
[
quote author=janvier27 post=95382014]From experience I'll give you three examples of what not to expect from her if really she's one: She'll never utter the words 'merry christmas' to you on christmas neither will she partake in the celebrations; She'll never utter 'happy birthday' to you on your birthdays; She will not join you to enter any other church for any celebrations for any of your family members. For those comparing JW to Muslims, truth is that Muslims are more tolerant. Yes, jws appear more friendly, but it ends there.

The closest I got to Jehovah Witness was dating a strong member back then in Uniben.

The girl goes for preaching and I will intercept her along the way and drag her to my house to fuckkk.

The girl na from Akwa Ibom. Gets wet so easily by a mere sight of me. I think she liked me then but I only liked her kitty Kat.

We broke up when I left Benin for my youth service.

You were a good girl ZION!
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by Acrobatics01: 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

The closest I got to Jehovah Witness was dating a strong member back then in Uniben.

The girl goes for preaching and I will intercept her along the way and drag her to my house to fuckkk.

The girl na from Akwa Ibom. Gets wet so easily by a mere sight of me. I think she liked me then but I only liked her kitty Kat.

We broke up when I left Benin for my youth service.

You were a good girl ZION!

You're DIRTY!
How's your sex escapades related to either what you quoted or the OP's questions?

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by PuZZyNegro: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Acrobatics01:

You're DIRTY!
How's your sex escapades related to either what you quoted or the OP's questions?

E pain nam
Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by ORIAYO70(m): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2020
coolsegun2002:

so, the fact that a JW wants to marry you from another denomination is a sign that she’s partly liberal...and might be flexible with her faith.. or even willing to be excommunicated..

...las las, you go dey alright jarè..

Jw r never like Muslims nor we look other denomination disdainfully, we give an adequate respect to everyone n their religion......

The reason we don't marry outside Jw circle is stated in 1 Corinthians 7:39

A wife is bound as long as her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whomever she wants, only in the Lord.

The latter part Only in the Lord indicate only those we share same believes.....

You can also read 1King 3:1 n see what happens to Solomon when he chose wives from himself out of the circle of Jehovah's People....

If a lady or Man marries out of the stipulated Bible standards, he/she might face the aftermath

2 Likes

Re: Married To A Jehovah's Witness? by ORIAYO70(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
janvier27:
From experience I'll give you three examples of what not to expect from her if really she's one: She'll never utter the words 'merry christmas' to you on christmas neither will she partake in the celebrations; She'll never utter 'happy birthday' to you on your birthdays; She will not join you to enter any other church for any celebrations for any of your family members. For those comparing JW to Muslims, truth is that Muslims are more tolerant. Yes, jws appear more friendly, but it ends there.

I wonder your own definition of Tolerance

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Husband,his Wife And Girlfriend..advice? / Cute Baby (pictures) / Prices Of These Electronics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.