Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) (28053 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Lekki Shooting: We Wouldn't Do Anything Differently - Brigadier-General Taiwo / Sanwo-Olu Confirms Two Deaths From Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by EBMedia: 1:55am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, over the weekend, had an interview with CNN journalist, Becky Anderson where he stated that only two deaths have so far been recorded in the gunfire incident that rocked the #EndSARS protest at the Lekki tollgate on Tuesday, October 20, IgbereTV reports.

He said so far no family member of deceased persons have come out to make any complaints that their loved one died in the incident. He also stated that there are no bloodstains at the scene of the incident.

Two dead bodies. That's what we've seen from all the morgues, that's what we've seen going to hospitals, that's what we've seen as records. What has happened is that there have been so many footages that people have shown but we have not seen dead bodies, we have not seen relatives, we have not seen anybody coming up to say indeed I am a father or mother to someone and I cannot find the person. Nobody has come .

I have been round and there is no splash of blood anywhere there.

He averred that the CCTV footage shows that men in military uniforms carried out the shooting. When asked if people will be held accountable for the attack, he said

''They certainly would...we will do everything to ensure they are held accountable''

When Anderson informed him that the question she asked was simple and that it was basically to know if those behind the attack will be held accountable, Governor Sanwo-Olu said

“I am not the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; I am Governor of a State. The report would be out and we would channel the report to all the relevant authorities in the state to ensure that every one that is found culpable is accountable for the act.” he said.

Watch the video from the interview below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxFIgeJoL8

https://igberetvnews.com/1369478/lekki-shooting-records-two-deaths-gov-sanwo-olu-tells-cnn-video/

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by haiti007(m): 2:13am On Oct 27, 2020
Paid loyalist will come and say that it is two people that the governor mentioned how is it a massacre?

Dear sane nairalanders, you don't need to argue with anybody to prove a point.

Human being life is precious to me, even if it's just a person that was killed, it's still precious to me. It can be anybody. It can be one's family.

Modified
A soldier will go to the war front, lay down his life, the govt will deny his death and someone will sit in his office and use a pen to cancel him out of existence. Just like that.

And we say we are a country demanding patriotism from its citizens?

240 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Biodun556(m): 2:15am On Oct 27, 2020
How is death of two people a massacre?

May God be with the families of the departed souls. It is painful but we need not blow it out of proportion to the extent that it cost more lives and damages.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by SoBright101: 2:20am On Oct 27, 2020
The truth would be revealed no matter how much you tried to cover it

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal related topics and make tribal comments with different accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

Also Be aware that tactics and plans has been deployed to cover up the massacre since all their efforts to break southern unity were not fruitful. They have created a lot of Facebook and Twitter accounts with Yoruba or Igbo names for this purpose, one of them is to post pictures or video of people who debunked being killed, those pictures were scripted and earlier been circulated for this purpose. They would discredit real occurrence and give it another title and narratives. Beware of the propaganda

They dominates this platform, they are agents of destruction. They posts mostly in the midnight. They have no resting time until they are able to convince their oppressors.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by 9jatriot(m): 3:17am On Oct 27, 2020
That has always been his position. He has consistently maintained that one of them died as a result of blunt force to the head. So far no proof of massacre

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Focktot: 3:29am On Oct 27, 2020
9jatriot:
That has always been his position. He has consistently maintained that one died as a result of blunt force to the head. So far no proof of massacre
I wonder how people now saw it as revelation.

He already admitted two people died since two days ago.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by NGpatriot: 3:35am On Oct 27, 2020
Stale gist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:02am On Oct 27, 2020
The military used blank bullets full stop

18 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Nobody: 4:46am On Oct 27, 2020
Dem go soon talk true. Na small small e dey start

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 4:46am On Oct 27, 2020
Biodun556:

May God be with the families of the departed souls. It is painful but we need not blow it out of proportion to the extent that it cost more lives and damages.

[img]https://media1./images/5f8dfea581d4584a5ba3634c9e3804b1/tenor.gif?itemid=10219906[/img]

73 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by thesilentman(m): 4:47am On Oct 27, 2020
I hope sanwo would not be made a scape goat at the end of the day?Because these words that he has spoken cannot be taken back again o.
[sighs as he watch drama unfold]

15 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by ATEAMS: 4:47am On Oct 27, 2020
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 27, 2020
Rip to all those who lost their lives in the massacre
May the good Lord comfort their family

We probably won't know who ordered the soldiers to shoot
It might be tinubu and it might not
No evidence at all except the screenshot of a chat where someone said it was tinubu and told people to retweet aggressively on twitter which is quite funny.
The person might be saying the truth and it might be politics in play
Who knows?
Even though I hate all politicians and all political parties but still I won't let anybody mess with my reasoning like a zombie without any evidence I can critically think about.

Anyways I don't care if he's innocent or guilty
I hate dem politicians
The past,present and future ones
I hate them all.

12 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 4:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by ATEAMS: 4:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Don’t explain. People only hear what they want to hear.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by wonuks(m): 4:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by fistonati(m): 4:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Nigeria is governed by tyrants.
Impunity is the other of the day in my Clan

9 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Bondinus(m): 4:50am On Oct 27, 2020
So if there was no shooting since some idiots, including tinubu said it was fake news or photoshopped.
Riddle me this, how the heck did two people die?
Shey na stampede??

If there is shooting now, how is it possible that it's only two people that died.

Las las, this governor na mumu

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 27, 2020
SoBright101:
The truth would be revealed no matter how much you tried to cover it

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal related topics and make tribal comments with different accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

Also Be aware that tactics and plans has been deployed to cover up the massacre since all their efforts to break southern unity were not fruitful. They have created a lot of Facebook and Twitter accounts with Yoruba or Igbo names for this purpose, one of them is to post pictures or video of people who debunked being killed, those pictures were scripted and earlier been circulated for this purpose. They would discredit real occurrence and give it another title and narratives. Beware of the propaganda

They dominates this platform, they are agents of destruction. They posts mostly in the midnight. They have no resting time until they are able to convince their oppressors.

Has anyone ever explore the theory that those vehicles carrying the soldier that were shooting in the video might be OP MESA and if they are then the governor certainly gave the order to shoot and the military may be right in denying that they never gave the order to fire at protesters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Bobotic(m): 4:51am On Oct 27, 2020
Nonsense and stupid governor embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Clothingonline9(m): 4:51am On Oct 27, 2020
God help our nation
Affordable men clothing and accessories all sizes available and urs payment on delivery Lagos and Nationwide dispatch
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by teamsynergy: 4:52am On Oct 27, 2020
MICHEALADEX:
The military used blank bullets full stop
So you think blank bullets cannot inflict fatal injury when fired at a close range?

20 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Racoon(m): 4:53am On Oct 27, 2020
Nigeria have murdered sleep with all the #EndSARS atrocities as well as all injustices ever committed by security agencies.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Adonisteve: 4:53am On Oct 27, 2020
shocked
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by JAWBONE(m): 4:56am On Oct 27, 2020
ZOMBIES went from it's a PHOTOSHOP video to nobody died to soldiers shot in the air. Now they are saying it's just two deaths. It's not a MASSACRE.

God will surely punish them. That money they collected to sell lies will never be used to any good thing in their lives because it is blood money

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by JAWBONE(m): 4:56am On Oct 27, 2020
The Governor is simply being political with the numbers but like they say the truth will always prevail

8 Likes 1 Share

Someone tag Mr. Enenche

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by thesilentman(m): 4:56am On Oct 27, 2020
obynzo:

Has anyone ever explore the theory that those vehicles carrying the soldier that were shooting in the video might be OP MESA and if they are then the governor certainly gave the order to shoot and the military may be right in denying that they never gave the order to fire at protesters.
You are right,op mesa can be controlled by state.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Yankee101: 4:57am On Oct 27, 2020
Liars
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by misano(m): 4:58am On Oct 27, 2020
9jatriot:
That has always been his position. He has consistently maintained that one of them died as a result of blunt force to the head. So far no proof of massacre

13 Likes

Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by Felixalex(m): 4:58am On Oct 27, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Lekki Shooting: We Have Records Of Two Deaths - Gov Sanwo-Olu tells CNN (Video) by olalat(m): 4:59am On Oct 27, 2020
Biodun556:

Ori e ti guru, I repeat.. ori e o ti guru. I pray you receive two death in your family before the end of this year....
Unfortunate , jobless paid per post agent.

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 20 Worshipers In Kaduna Mosque / Imo State House Of Assembly Is Not On Fire / An Average Black Man Not All Black Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.