Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,145 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace (1787 Views)

Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance / Governor Sanwo-olu Visits Lagos Island General Hospital To Celebrate Christmas / Barbecued Chicken Served To Voters At Lagos Island (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 5:19am On Oct 27, 2020
Some lagosians from isale eko air their opinion of recent incident at the oba palace

1 Like

Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 5:22am On Oct 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 5:33am On Oct 27, 2020
Lmaoooo grin. Kabiyesi with fake Opa Ase. Kabiyesi that ran 4-40 and left the Opa Ase. That area is old and has respectable Lagos families and their family houses. So the thing funny die. Families know themselves and are close knit. If this happened then Oba Na virus for that place. Oba Oyekan was noble.

In Nigeria we have political Oba, Political Army officers and political urchins. They also have political terms cheesy. Oba better leave the throne for them before something do him. When your neighbors don’t rate you, you are in big trouble. Any yawa, they look away. This experience is too toxic for anyone with small shame.

2 Likes

Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by SoBright101: 5:35am On Oct 27, 2020
That doesn't warrant the looting of his palace. It's very wrong, the perpetrators would have been casted long ago if he is really loved by his people and the gods. Always be good to your people and everyone.

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty monikers, they would create tribal related topics and make tribal comments with different monikers to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

They dominates this platform, they are agents of destruction. They posts mostly in the midnight. They have no resting time until they are able to convince their oppressors.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 5:37am On Oct 27, 2020
SoBright101:
That doesn't warrant the looting of his palace. It's very wrong, the perpetrators would have been casted long ago. Always be good to your people and everyone.

Beware Nigerians. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty monikers, they would create tribal related topics and make tribal comments with different monikers to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

Also Be aware that tactics and plans has been deployed to cover up the massacre since all their efforts to break southern unity were not fruitful. They have created a lot of Facebook and Twitter accounts with Yoruba or Igbo names for this purpose, one of them is to post pictures or video of people who debunked being killed, those pictures were scripted and earlier been circulated for this purpose. They would discredit real occurrence and give it another title and narratives. Beware of the propaganda

They dominates this platform, they are agents of destruction. They posts mostly in the midnight. They have no resting time until they are able to convince their oppressors.
Yoruba’s chase away bad Oba’s or used to force them to commit suicide. When your people turn their backs on you and don’t respect you, that’s when they rubbish you! There’s no space for traditional leaders to be distant from their subjects. You now become masquerade that people see once in a while and forget it’s use.

5 Likes

Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:38am On Oct 27, 2020
I am not one who advocate violence in any form, except when in rare case when it's extremely needed.
If you ask me, I think the Lagos Oba just got served. Whether attacked by hoodlums or not, the fact remains that some of his people were in the know of the misfortune that befell on him.
Have always looked at him as the modern version of the Oba of Lagos that sold Lagos to the British for some bottles of dry gin He might have reincarnated. So you see that his reputation precedes him.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by SoBright101: 5:38am On Oct 27, 2020
You are right though

baby124:

Yoruba’s chase away bad Oba’s or used to force them to commit suicide. When your people turn their backs on you and don’t respect you, that’s when they rubbish you!
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 6:23am On Oct 27, 2020
baby124:

Yoruba’s chase away bad Oba’s or used to force them to commit suicide. When your people turn their backs on you and don’t respect you, that’s when they rubbish you! There’s no space for traditional leaders to be distant from their subjects. You now become masquerade that people see once in a while and forget it’s use.

Thats what I keep telling people on here. Why praise mediocre because of tribal exaltation.
If we were in oduduwa republic and we have greedy obas are you going to tell us to still respect him.

Some people came to point fingers at those who attack the obas forgotting the fact that , without the people there is no king.

I remember Lagos island native protesting they want to be the local government chairman in their land. The oba don't even see to the peoples wants and need and someone said we should respect them. These obas are giving us bad names.

Tinubu is know to settle almost all obas in Lagos during election eve. This is what our obas have turn to. They don't fight for IBILE any longer they fight for their pocket.

For over there years now Lagos indigene in different university has not been collecting bursary despite how rich Lagos is. In fact they've all forgotten they're lagosians since Lagos and the obas don't give a ratass about their welfare.

It is stated very clearly in the Lagos anthem that the royal family should not destroy our city. Bro if you know the rate of extortion without accountability going on in Lagos you won't support these politicians.

People like sarrki I'm surprise he's a lagosian I see him as a sell out like the obas and baale also

2 Likes

Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:26am On Oct 27, 2020
We want an Oba that will accept Ezes as part of Oba Council in Lagos. We respect and honor our Yoruba hosts and we want to be good guests. Its time to partner for better relationship.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by EagleNest(m): 6:29am On Oct 27, 2020
I was wondering too why his people did not defend him. Oh, so he distanced himself from his people. Another lesson learnt...no man is an island, how much more a king
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by money121(m): 6:30am On Oct 27, 2020
Seen
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
We want an Oba that will accept Ezes as part of Oba Council in Lagos. We respect and honor our Yoruba hosts and we want to be good guests. Its time to partner for better relationship.
Oba of Lagos island is not oba of the whole Lagos state. Lagos has five division and there are kings in those division also.
Oba Lagos (Lagos island) is the central oba

Other obas dominate their kingdom with subject of their choice.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by illicit(m): 6:35am On Oct 27, 2020
In the past, he will have to committed suicide for losing his staff....
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 6:54am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagoon0:

Thats what I keep telling people on here. Why praise mediocre because of tribal exaltation.
If we were in oduduwa republic and we have greedy obas are you going to tell us to still respect him.

Some people came to point fingers at those who attack the obas forgotting the fact that , without the people there is no king.

I remember Lagos island native protesting they want to be the local government chairman in their land. The oba don't even see to the peoples wants and need and someone said we should respect them. These obas are giving us bad names.

Tinubu is know to settle almost all obas in Lagos during election eve. This is what our obas have turn to. They don't fight for IBILE any longer they fight for their pocket.

For over there years now Lagos indigene in different university has not been collecting bursary despite how rich Lagos is. In fact they've all forgotten they're lagosians since Lagos and the obas don't give a ratass about their welfare.

It is stated very clearly in the Lagos anthem that the royal family should not destroy our city. Bro if you know the rate of extortion without accountability going on in Lagos you won't support these politicians.

People like sarrki I'm surprise he's a lagosian I see him as a sell out like the obas and baale also
Sarrki is not a Lagosian believe me. I am though and what happened in Lagos is a sacrilege. Abomination and which is why Lagos Islanders attacked the Oba. Now he knows his life is not safe he will be more careful and do more. Yes, our heritage is our own and Tinubu is destroying it. We will deal with him thoroughly. He will tell us his real family tree when we are done, for him to be comfortable enough to invite such evil on us. Only Omo Ale will do such.

1 Like

Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:01am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Are you a traditional Lagos Chief from the white cap families? Respect indigenous institutions and don’t play tribal politics here. A structure and hierarchy exists. Some people never see such opportunity in their lifetime and they belong to these families.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagoon0:

Oba of Lagos island is not oba of the whole Lagos state. Lagos has five division and there are kings in those division also.

That’s right. Eleko, Ayangburen, Oloja, Akran, for Ikeja, not sure of the title.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagoon0:

Igbos are in every domain. We want progressive partnership with our guests.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:31am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

You are a joker. Lol. See what you wrote. Lagoon, ignore the guy he’s confused.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2020
baby124:

That’s right. Eleko, Ayangburen, Oloja, Akran, for Ikeja, not sure of the title.

Yeah you're real son of the soil, not those jumping from one thread to the other defending politicians.
These same people if we go to their state as yorubas and contest for youth chairman they'll ask us to back to Lagos and become chairman.
When we get to Lagos their family will tell us "Eko gbogbo wa ni" this thing happened to me at Ogun state years back.
And today our deputy and governor are from Ogun state.

Okran is the title for badagry king. Badagry is one of the most marginalize ancient kingdom in Lagos. Where thousands of black Americans would like to visit to know more about their history. But what we have now are politicians struggling for federal might .
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2020
baby124:

Are you a traditional Lagos Chief from the white cap families? Respect indigenous institutions and don’t play tribal politics here. A structure and hierarchy exists. Some people never see such opportunity in their lifetime and they belong to these families.

I didnt say and never said Igbo wants to be Oba. You misread me.
I said we want to be in Oba council. That is the council where Oba meets with stakeholders and hear concerns, particularly on economy. Igbo would like to attend such council meeting and further contribute to advancement of economy of Lagos.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

I didnt say and never said Igbo wants to be Oba. You misread me.
I said we want to be in Oba council. That is the council where Oba meets with stakeholders and hear concerns, particularly on economy. Igbo would like to attend such council meeting and further contribute to advancement of economy of Lagos.
Oba council is reserved for specific families. Even common Lagosians can’t get on it. They represent families who are ancient and have a seat on the council. It is not given to non Lagosians. These people on the council interface with the general public to give the Oba what ever concern.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 7:38am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

The native Lagosians don't cause trouble in the I home. They're popularly know for partying and flexing. Igbo's are also doing their business with no trouble. We can't just appoint chief because you demanded for one. undecided

So tomorrow Hausa to will come to demand for theirs in every domain in Lagos bah!
In my town the chiefs are from selected family. Though some of the chief are eyeing the throne. But we don't pick random chief in in epe
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:38am On Oct 27, 2020
baby124:

You are a joker. Lol. See what you wrote. Lagoon, ignore the guy he’s confused.
Abobaku, are you aware the koreans in Lagos attend a meeting periodically with your Oba?
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by Lagoon0: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Abobaku, are you aware the koreans in Lagos attend a meeting periodically with your Oba?
Does that makes them chiefs ? undecided
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

They are not on any council. They are meeting with him like any Lagos resident who can request an audience. Tribalist.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagoon0:

The native Lagosians don't cause trouble in the I home. They're popularly know for partying and flexing. Igbo's are also doing their business with no trouble. We can't just appoint chief because you demanded for one. undecided

So tomorrow Hausa to will come to demand for theirs in every domain in Lagos bah!
In my town the chiefs are from selected family. Though some of the chief are eyeing the throne. But we don't pick random chief in in epe
We either.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagoon0:

We have our Ezes, not demanding fpr one.

Make we no derail thread. Bye
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:43am On Oct 27, 2020
baby124:

They are not on any council. They are meeting with him like any Lagos resident who can request an audience. Tribalist.
Ok thats what Im talking about. I dont know what you call it.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Ok thats what Im talking about. I dont know what you call it.
They can request audience. Oba council is council of advisers. Specific families only and they all have their duties. From security to markets.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2020
Lagoon0:

Does that makes them chiefs ? undecided

Get lost! Thats their problem if they dont have chiefs. We do, and we are looking fpr improved relations and peaceful cohabitation.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2020
baby124:

They can request audience. Oba council is council of advisers. Specific families only and they all have their duties. From security to markets.
Abobaku, ive heard you now. Thanks.
Re: Peoples View On Lagos Island Palace by baby124: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Abobaku, ive heard you now. Thanks.
Ok tribalist.

Lagoon, ma se iyonu. Fi sile.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If US And UK Can Peacefully Split, Why Can’t Nigeria: Aminu Sa'ad Beli / Nigeria Lady Appoint US Secretary Of Africa Affairs / Biafra.See The List Of Of U.N Demands In Queries To Nigeria Over Kanu's Extradit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.