Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests (84895 Views)

Sexual Molestation Of Girls In Jos By A Lebanese Man Sparks Protests / Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officer, Sparks Protests (Video) / US Police Officer Reacts As Nigerian Police Profile Him Because Of His Braids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by stayclearofme: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
tammie24:
if you don't know, ask

Don't be ashamed to
Ask olodo like you abi?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
mariahAngel:

grin grin
grin
i saw one video some time ago where a cop stopped a black chick cos her licence plate on her car didnt tally.Instead of the lady to explain to the cop she was just ranting and yelling and threatning the police officer.the police officer just calmly held her hands and handcuffed her and she was trying to head butt the cop.Just imagine u try such nonsense in naija SARS go beat yeye out of u.Agreed that police brutality is present in the US but then some of these black americans have attitude too.We nigerians we are even calm and we try to coperate with the police but then nigerians still get beaten up and get shot by the police.Dont know if u saw one video where sars officers hijacked a young with his car and threw him out of the speeding vehicle...u think such a thing can happen in the USA? Nigerian SARS don reduce their levels to that of armed robbers.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2020
emperor863:

Did you day 60 deaths? I thought it was 78.
Let's DJ Switch for confirmation.
I knew you were always out of mathematics classes, so you don't understand simple word problem. Let me help you. I mean the total national death, and 'more than 60' means 61 and above. You owe me for educating your dumbness.
and for your US record of easily murdering their protesters you mentioned, let me ask you again (because i think you have to apologised for that miss information, even though i knew it was as a result of you being numb in the head) how will you reconcile more than 60 deaths in two weeks protest in Nigeria and less that 10 deaths in more than 2 weeks protest in the US where both looting and destruction occured?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Alaga2222(m): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2020
I believe things happening now is a sign of the Endtime..
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by rotile247(m): 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
Beremx:
Oyibo police and their Nigerian counterpart, who better pass now?

Police matter tire me abeg!
There is racial descrimination against blacks in US (white on blacks) but here in Nigeria black to blacks is even worse.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by JJOF(m): 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
emperor863:

Did you day 60 deaths? I thought it was 78.
Let's DJ Switch for confirmation.
Firstly, Dj switch never said she counted 78 deaths, secondly, the person who you are replying was referring to the overall protest, and not just the Lekki Massacre.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
10 times
I honestly don't know the difference between Nigerian police and US police
It's like they're the same angry
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by JJOF(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
lefulefu:
Th e guy was holding something in his hand pointing towards the police and walking in a threatning way towards the cops
u cant compare american cops to nigerian SARS even though in yankee they have their own sort of brutality but na nigerian own worse
In nigeria u can be unarmed with ur arms raised and still get shot by SARS
In nigeria for wearing dreads u can get beaten by sars and accused of being a cultist without any sort of provocation
In nigeria as a commercial driver if u no gree give police egunje dem go shoot u and nothing might happen
una remember the APO 8 or weda 7 where some couple of traders were murdered in cold blood by the nigerian police
abegi nigerian own worse
dat dude if it was in naija that he held a weapon and was walking towards the cops na machine gun dem for use on am
u can be docile and respectful and still get beaten and arrested by a the nigerian police for looking a certain way.
Don't mind those guys commenting rubbish here, they are just been delusional. Dey compare Naija police brutality to US own. Last last if them see free visa to go US, them go run collect am o. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by sonofElElyon: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
They always use maximum deadly force when faced with even the slightest threat to their lives.. that's how they were trained to react. The police in US should consider changing their policy to commensurate and reasonable use of force.. however the problem with that is that when you are in harm's way it's quite difficult to begin to analyse which level of force to use as any delay to quickly act could prove costly and deadly to the detriment of the police personnel

Starfish22:
Watch police fatally shoot armed black man, Walter Wallace, ten times, as demonstrators injure at least 30 police officers in resulting protests(Swipe)
-
At least 30 law enforcement officers have been injured after violent clashes between demonstrators and law enforcement officers following the shooting death of a Black man by police on Monday in Philadelphia, US.

See Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUml1-bwLwU

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia/live/philadelphia-protests-police-shooting-walter-wallace-jr-20201027.html%3foutputType=amp
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by JJOF(m): 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
ZIINI:
10 times
Lemme remind you the difference. Naija police will stop you for looking fresh, US will not do that. Naija police will collect your phone illegally to search when they don't have a warrant, if you disagree with them, they will brutalized you, and can kill you, this doesn't happen in the US. Naija police dey block road collect money from drivers, you fit even collect bullet for head if you no pay well, I'm yet to hear this happening in the US. Naija police go stop doctor wey dey rush go hospital go attend to emergency, them go waste e time, and the patient go die, just because the police ma wan collect money, I'm yet to hear of this in the US. Naija police go ask you say how come you be 25,and you dey drive Benz, say you be yahoo boy, them go slap you, go lock you for prison, dey ask for ransom, I'm yet to hear this happening in the US. Guy, too Manny differences dey, but I think this is enough grin

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Difference dey for this police brutality thing , for Naija when we see police we run away for yankee when dem see police dem run towards. RIP TO THE FALLEN
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Gerrard59(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2020
Bigchristo:
they should carry their cross, when they first shoot George Floyd the world including some of we Nigerians protested but when ENDSARS protest was going on known of this international communities render their voices by joining us in the protest. so make them fight their battle let us fight ours.

At least, before making false statements, spell properly. FYI, it was black celebrities and notable figures in America that lent their support to the #EndSARS protests. No member of the Republican Party black or white lent support.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by SavageResponse(m): 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
lastempero:
Shear brutal force was used here.

The guy was just being an idiot, he should have just dropped the weapon and raised his hands
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by NinjaMetahuman: 12:00am On Oct 28, 2020
JJOF:

I know there might be one or two, but my point is, it's rare to hear such, and their are lot of Africans in America. My own issue with those black guys is that, they like to dey form jagaban when them dey face police. Why don't you just calm down, and hear what he has to say and do, no be like say na Naija wey you go say the police wan extort, or plant incriminating substance for your body.
it is rare because population of african immigrants is way lower than blacks/slave descendant in America..

Blacks there are citizen who have rights like the whites there while Africans there are immigrants.

It's like wondering why sars don't kill or extort ghanaians in Lagos like other immigrants in Lagos who are citizens of Nigeria (e.g igbos or hausa).
May be if lagosians are as level headed as the ghanaians, they won't get extorted or brutalized by sars.

Black Americans learned everything from white that took their fore father's as slaves. They act like white, (the white took everything from them before they were born. Their culture and identity) yet they are the ones getting shot. And here you are expecting them to act like african immigrants who ran from poverty. The immigrants they know nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by blowjohn(m): 12:02am On Oct 28, 2020
Joe biden on the beat.
If u know , u know.
Few days to election?
This is pure evil.

1 Like

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by blowjohn(m): 12:03am On Oct 28, 2020
ZIINI:
10 times
I

Did u watch the full clip or ur following CNN captions?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Gerrard59(m): 12:11am On Oct 28, 2020
osazsky:
Them kill 2 for lekki internet exploded and the world termed it masacre even when it was obvious that d video was doctored...10 officers shout at a single civilians 10 times with life emmunations everyone is celebrating and defending it even when the video was not doctored.the problem I see here is inferiority complex...ok it's a white officer anything they do they are trained...people who have not left lekki in their lifetime said in situations like these Americans use pepper spray..rubber bullets...Barton's.. if they are trained y not go for the legs...tru the black..nigerians na mum 100 percent I swear

How is it obvious that a live video was doctored?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by helicoptarr: 12:20am On Oct 28, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:

Google diallo.

True, and very unfortunate.

For all paradigms, there are exceptions.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by helicoptarr: 12:23am On Oct 28, 2020
blowjohn:
Joe biden on the beat.
If u know , u know.
Few days to election?
This is pure evil.

You smart!

Especially with the increasing number of black people supporting Trump.

They'd better #StayWoke!
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Chromex: 12:28am On Oct 28, 2020
blowjohn:
Joe biden on the beat.
If u know , u know.
Few days to election?
This is pure evil.
so biden pulled the trigger?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Chromex: 12:35am On Oct 28, 2020
helicoptarr:

You smart!

They'd better #StayWoke!
both of you are dumb

Black live matter started during Obama presidency which Biden is vice. Because trigger happy white cops won't stop killing blacks. shooting like this has pretty much become almost daily thing in america since 2000 while most go unprotested because no video like this to get people outraged.

Now thanks to social media and smartphone, people can get this video out to let people know what is going on in america.

But stupid people like you two have to make it about politics.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by juniorsworld(m): 12:36am On Oct 28, 2020
nzehvictor2016:

Waw!!interesting and hard to believe.
the stats most be particular about unlawful killings and unnecessary gunning down of unarmed suspects by the police and the ratio must be compared to the population of blacks and whites in the U.S ,seems to me you checked "number of whites and blacks killed by the police".
How u take run ur research cauz if na just number u check na sure thing say whites go don die for police hand pass black na dia land na

No the guy dey correct. Oyinbo dey get shot pass black people but we no go see am for CNN. No be say Trump call dem fake news
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by juniorsworld(m): 12:50am On Oct 28, 2020
Chromex:
both of you are dumb

Black live matter started during Obama presidency which Biden is vice. Because trigger happy white cops won't stop killing blacks. shooting like this has pretty much become almost daily thing in america since 2000 while most go unprotested because no video like this to get people outraged.

Now thanks to social media and smartphone, people can get this video out to let people know what is going on in america.

But stupid people like you two have to make it about politics.

Go and check the stats instead of talking. FBI stats show that black people getting killed unarmed by white cops is at best double digits. In 2019, it was 9 but for white people it was 19. The most killing of black people comes from overwhelmingly other black people. Shay you've heard of Tony Timpa? No, you haven't cause CNN only shows when white cops shoot black people.

The problem with us black people around the world is we are too emotional, logic no dey. This is why Africa is the way it is, this is why African Americans get surpassed by immigrants in their own land. How will you be protesting for Jacob Blake not you won't protest for Secoriea Turner, small pikin killed in gang shootings, which has killed more black people than the KKK could have ever done?

Senselessness never commot for black people head I swear
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Chromex: 12:56am On Oct 28, 2020
[s]
juniorsworld:

Go and check the stats instead of talking. FBI stats show that black people getting killed unarmed by white cops is at best double digits. In 2019, it was 9 but for white people it was 19. The most killing of black people comes from overwhelmingly other black people. Shay you've heard of Tony Timpa? No, you haven't cause CNN only shows when white cops shoot black people.

The problem with us black people around the world is we are too emotional, logic no dey. This is why Africa is the way it is, this is why African Americans get surpassed by immigrants in their own land. How will you be protesting for Jacob Blake not you won't protest for Secoriea Turner, small pikin killed in gang shootings, which has killed more black people than the KKK could have ever done?

Senselessness never commot for black people head I swear
[/s]stupid post.

Does black people killing other black people make white cops killing black people over frivolous things okay?

Numb brain.

2 Likes

Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Minjim: 1:27am On Oct 28, 2020
Okoroawusa:
The guy get mental problem o!

They should have just shot him in the leg. He had only a knife.

Well welcome to your own #Endsars.

Only!?
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by Nobody: 1:38am On Oct 28, 2020
JJOF:

Lemme remind you the difference. Naija police will stop you for looking fresh, US will not do that. Naija police will collect your phone illegally to search when they don't have a warrant, if you disagree with them, they will brutalized you, and can kill you, this doesn't happen in the US. Naija police dey block road collect money from drivers, you fit even collect bullet for head if you no pay well, I'm yet to hear this happening in the US. Naija police go stop doctor wey dey rush go hospital go attend to emergency, them go waste e time, and the patient go die, just because the police ma wan collect money, I'm yet to hear of this in the US. Naija police go ask you say how come you be 25,and you dey drive Benz, say you be yahoo boy, them go slap you, go lock you for prison, dey ask for ransom, I'm yet to hear this happening in the US. Guy, too Manny differences dey, but I think this is enough grin
Difference or no difference they're both killing innocent people embarassed
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by banmee(m): 1:40am On Oct 28, 2020
360degreess:
I thought police brutalilty is only in Nigeria. And the US were forming good masters about #End SARS.. People of this world are confused.

ZIINI:

Difference or no difference they're both killing innocent people embarassed

I know it's easy to sit behind a computer and have an opinion about issues but it would nice if you understood the society you are commenting on. Ever wondered why it's always black people always getting shot? I know you'll say racism right? But here's what you do not understand. The rule is when confronted by the authorities, your responsibility is to stand still and obey every instruction given you. It doesn't matter what color you are. Guess what black people do. They wanna argue, talk back, yell and complain and worse, resist. You can't do that. Do you think the police is going stand for that? They know they can get away with this because they have the luxury of the racism excuse. Funny thing is they would never try that crap in Germany. I've personally witnessed the politzei give the beating of their lives to two black Americans. You know what happened? Nothing. They didn't even complain. The individuals even lost their ranks on top of the beatings. Don't mess around with German police. Point is to not believe everything you read about a country you do not understand.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by planetx: 1:40am On Oct 28, 2020
JJOF:

Yes sure, the SARS operatives under Nwafor IN akwuzu where definitely less trigger happy than those in the US, and also, they have lesser impunity than their counterparts in the US. Mtchew.
How does a rogue special police unit in one state represent the totality of the Nigerian police force, try to use your brain next time.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by banmee(m): 1:42am On Oct 28, 2020
helicoptarr:

You smart!

They'd better #StayWoke!

Lol...you know someone is phucked up if a Nigerian likes him.
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by aminusodiq(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2020
360degreess:
I thought police brutalilty is only in Nigeria. And the US were forming good masters about #End SARS.. People of this world are confused.
theirs was instigated by racism... Nigerias own is simply unprofessionalism
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by aminusodiq(m): 2:08am On Oct 28, 2020
ivolt:
#EndCops
It is time we lend our peaceful protesters to the oppressed black people of America. They shot him 10 times which show how heartless they are. CNN should investigate who ordered the shooting. Amnesty international should push for sanctions against the US as they have been killing blacks at a very high rate. Petitions must be sent to the ICC too, we can't let this slide.
to be honest, u lack logical reasoning
Re: Walter Wallace Jr. Shot Ten Times By US Police Officers, Sparks Protests by akigbemaru: 2:25am On Oct 28, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
it is rare because population of african immigrants is way lower than blacks/slave descendant in America..

Blacks there are citizen who have rights like the whites there while Africans there are immigrants.

It's like wondering why sars don't kill or extort ghanaians in Lagos like other immigrants in Lagos who are citizens of Nigeria (e.g igbos or hausa).
May be if lagosians are as level headed as the ghanaians, they won't get extorted or brutalized by sars.

The level of rights and thinking of a citizen is different from that of immigrants.

Even in your own country, do you expect immigrants from neighboring countries to start acting the way you act as son of the soil?

Black Americans learned everything from white that took their fore father's as slaves. They act like white, (the white took everything from them before they were born. Their culture and identity) yet they are the ones getting shot. And here you are expecting them to act like african immigrants who ran from poverty. The immigrants they know nothing about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lady Killed In Ekpoma, Edo. Her Breasts Removed & Her Vagina Burnt (Graphic Pics / #JusticeForBarakat: Barakat Bello Raped And Killed In Ibadan / Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.