Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army (75356 Views)

Nigeria Facing Worsening Economic Crisis, Says IMF / UK Parliament Debates #EndSARS Crisis / Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Promises To Intervene In The Case Of Conviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by openmine(m): 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
Did the army not previously say the video footage of them being at lekki tollgate was photoshopped?

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by alfredilly: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Just because Tinubu and his son plus Sanwo-Olu, his personal assistant are losing millions of revenue at Tollgate. But how come Wole Soyinka said Sanwo-Olu did not invite soldiers
This is the kind of hasty generalization that trigger the violence and destruction. Please, stay away from unfounded claim and allegations. This who thing kill the protest.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ikeyman00(m): 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2020

citygarden(m): 11:06pm
But the Army denied being there, talk less of shootings protesters before. The Army said the video was photoshop and fake video. Why now coming out now to admit being there but not shooting. You can now see the enemy camp is in confusion, looking for who will bear the consequences of their evil actions. We are still expecting more revealing than this. Stupid government

gbam!!! case closed

they call their selves sophisticated and intellectuals but lack the ability to reason logical and this is the reason Africa as a whole is in a big mess; black man cannot reason logically

The annoying thing is the yoruba moslem will keep boring us with rubbish and garbage

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by sonofElElyon: 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2020
The army seems to be desperate to repair the harm done to it by sanwoolu's statement that soldiers carried out the toll gate killings..
It's quite possible that Sanwoolu invited the military's operation MESA to assist in enforcing the curfew as they were already a part of the state's security architecture..
However from all available evidence (it is alleged that the soldiers came from their Victoria Island formation) it appears that it wasn't MESA that carried out the shooting so we can't put the blame on Sanwoolu just yet. Let's hear the response of Sanwoolu to the army's statement and we expect the army to tell us exactly how Sanwoolu invited them, through which channel, were their soldiers at the toll gate (yes of course) and from which unit or formation were they mobilized?
Sweetaura:
Yes you were invited to maintain law and order, but were you told to shoot. Nonsense.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Maxymilliano(m): 11:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
From the 8th paragraph to the last paragraph are all lies. Anarchy started after the killings.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by alfredilly: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Just because Tinubu and his son plus Sanwo-Olu, his personal assistant are losing millions of revenue at Tollgate. But how come Wole Soyinka said Sanwo-Olu did not invite soldiers

This is the kind of hasty generalization that trigger the violence and destruction. Please, stay away from unverified information. This wholr thing kill the protest.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by omobaba1759: 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
It's no more photoshop.. Sanwolu trying to save his head by telling CNN that Nigeria Army were actually present, Nigeria Army trying to say we didn't just come there to kill, you invited us. Bottom line is they see the signs that somebody will pay for the crime committed that night.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by nairaman66(m): 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:

Tinubu invites soldiers, Sanwolu needs to carry the basket since he is Tinubu’s boy. Simple arithmetic
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by golddare: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nemere2020:
BREAKING: Army denies shooting #EndSARS protesters

The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army (NA) has denied allegation soldiers opened fire on #ENDSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Plaza last Tuesday.

In a statement by the Acting Director Army Public Relations (ADPR), Major Osoba Olaniyi, the Division however confirmed the involvement of soldiers in restoring order in Lagos following the declaration of curfew by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

The Nation reports this is the first time the division is speaking about the incident that occurred last week.

It said: “The attention of Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army has been drawn to a viral video on social media in which it was alleged that civilian protesters were massacred by soldiers at Lekki Toll Plaza. This allegation is untrue, unfounded and aimed at causing anarchy in the country.

“At no time did soldiers of the Nigerian Army open fire on any civilian. From the onset of the ENDSARS protest, there was no time personnel of 81 Division Nigerian Army Lagos were involved.

“However, the decision to call in the military was taken by the Lagos State Government (LASG) after a 24- hour curfew was imposed.

“This was as a result of the violence which led to several police stations being burnt, policemen killed, suspects in police custody released and weapons carted away.

“The situation was fast degenerating into anarchy. It was at this point that LASG requested for the military to intervene in order to restore normalcy.

“The intervention of the military followed all laid down procedures for Internal Security operations and all the soldiers involved acted within the confines of the Rules of Engagement (ROE) for Internal Security operations.

“Finally, Headquarters 81 Division Nigerian Army reiterates Nigerian Army in the discharge of its constitutional responsibilities did not shoot at any civilian as there are glaring and convincing evidence to attest to this fact.

“This allegation is the hand work of mischief makers who will stop at nothing to tarnish the image of the Nigerian Army. The general public is hereby enjoined to discountenance this allegation as there is no iota of truth therein.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-army-denies-shooting-endsars-protesters/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Just ask them if they were at Lekki till gate during the protest to restore order? Who was the commander of the troops that went to Lekki toll gate? I have watched the video countless times and the movement and positioning of those guys was that of military so I totally debunk the idea that they may be some civilians in uniforms.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by 12inchess: 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nigerian Army is a very useless organization full of liars and killers. It was my dad that invited them to Lekki. Nonsense. Let me tell you, the plan is to keep pushing who invited or who did not invite between Buhari and LASG till everyone gets even more confused. But one thing I cn assure you is that FG was involved and also LASG was involved in the Lekki shooting. I wilm start believing the Nigerian Army when they release the bodies they carried to their barracks.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ikeyman00(m): 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2020
Guestlander Off key dumb comment.
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

it is off key because your brain power lack the capacity to absorb and analyse real time information and the fact you are a product of zoo graduate tells you everything you need to know

Tinubu , Samwo Olu, Okezie Ikpeazu, Okorohausa etc must go down

and in addition dead Buhari and affiliates must lead the way

Period
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by uuzba(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
Duru9:
Oga curfew started 9pm what were your men doing at lekki by 7pm

Oga burning of station and freeing of prisoners started after lekki shooting

Stop lying
Cold catch me.
shocked shocked
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by madjune(m): 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
saucespecies:
It’s getting interesting.... but one thing is certain. The truth will come out.

Truth will come out.

But then, what do u think will happen afterwards?
Who go jail Buhari and Tinubu plus Sanwo Olu?

Worse things have happened in the past and overtime, Nigerians walked on.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Franktom247(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
I honestly,truely,unequivocally, unsuprisingly,dramatically, grammartically,bombastically, religiously,shockingly have nothing to say thank you
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ikeyman00(m): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
golddare
Just ask them if they were at Lekki till gate during the protest to restore order? Who was the commander of the troops that went to Lekki toll gate? I have watched the video countless times and the movement and positioning of those guys was that of military so I totally debunk the idea that they may be some civilians in uniforms

stop boring us with rubbish biko; your Governor has indirectly already reported fg to CNN white people

hope you know that and he even went as far to say atleast two are shot on scene
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by sammyj: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Did you read the post at all The Nigerian Army said Lagos state government seeked their intervention during in order to forestall peace during the violence and never associated the Lekki tollgate peaceful protest shooting to the state government. Let us put the fact right in as much as I also condemn the killing at the tollgate. The Army should fish out the culprit and not bit around the bush!!
AllTheWayUp:
Chai!!! Sanwo Olu and Tinubu don enter one chance.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Redcrafton: 11:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
shot up there !!!!!! Were not Igbos that went to destroyed Tinubus properties and other Yoruba's property even attacked palace of our King in the name of end SARS protest ?
...........................................................adekolaelect

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ekestic1976(f): 11:29pm On Oct 27, 2020
Naijaguy12345:
How many would you give Okezie Ikpeazu ? I tried to find an Iboo leader i can not think of one. Your people are not interested in producing a president or a leader, you are only interested in pulling down a yoruba man thats interested in climbing to the top.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by nerd004: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
Initially the NG ARMY denied that no soldier was present then it said,the live videos were photoshopped ....

So laughable that the NG Army is now an institution of lies.

For crying out this is not 1983,,we watched the massacre live on Instagram

You guys really messed with the wrong generation...l

For everybody involved in the killings you will not go "unpunished" no matter how highly placed..

This is the beginning of the end

No be we dey give visa ban but nah we the facilitate am....

ICC loading...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Guestlander: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
ikeyman00:

it is off key because your brain power lack the capacity to absorb and analyse real time information and the fact you are a product of zoo graduate tells you everything you need to know

Tinubu , Samwo Olu, Okezie Ikpeazu, Okorohausa etc must go down

and in addition dead Buhari and affiliates must lead the way

Period

Incoherent balderdash. I bet you are writing this with a bowl of pepper soup and six empty bottles of hero beer in front of you.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by nograv: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
Throwback:
You mean the Governor of Lagos State is the C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces?

Where is the evidence of the invitation?

There isnt, Buhari is trying to save himself by throwing Sanwo and Tinubu to the wolves..

A great tactical move, but ultimately we know the lifeless one gave the order...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Queenvim: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZLsQ3tiawloOTLeoq23Sdw Does anyone mind subscribing to my channel � it would mean a lot to me. Thanks as you do ❤️�
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by baby124: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
Who wan go ICC? Even army officers no wan go! I talk am! Tinubu and Sanwo Olu cannot claim ignorance on the events that happened. Army cannot come into Lagos and shoot without their invitation. All states that witnessed army presence, the governors called for them. Alausa lights were also switched off. They were getting ready to massacre there too, but the Lekki heat was already building.

Next army will drop all the bodies they stole in the night and run off. Those bodies and their families testimony will mail everybody involved. Whether the bodies are missing or not. This is the one time army will regret hiding evidence. It will be loud for all involved.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by realstars: 11:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
BigBashiru:

The judicial panel of enquiry is just deceit from a shameless lagos state government. the Army was ordered by Lagos State Government and by implication ordered the murders....
One thing we never learn is about. misteries, of mistereurs happenings behind the screen.
My View Point Is.

What about ductors from China in Nigeria?

What happends to 5G network In Nigeria?

Why the conffussion?

Why dn some believe the video is fake?
And why do Fashola's camara is misterious?
No Questions to the Answers of time set.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
See as breeze don dey blow foul nyash.
The out come of this invesgation should not shock some people to death.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Franzinni: 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kirchoffs:
LOOK AT THE EVIL MEDIA THUGS HIRED TO FALSIFY EVIDENCE OF DEATH AND MASSACRE

Kirchoffs
Clothingonline9
dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanSek
Franzinni
Antoeni
LegendHero
Sammirano
Orioko88
Tesppidd
360degreess
IbadanSun1
NGPatriot
Mamotalk
Kestolove
GoshenNLA
thatfairguy1
TecM0
Humilitypays
IamWonderful
Authority2006
jcmaiah
delivryboy
360degreess
Kuginzi
IamPlato
Danmaiduguri
thebosstrevor1
BOFA2020
PissfulProtester

Look at this monikers above , they are people hired to spill hate and spread hatred by the Northern oligarchy and BMC campaign....

They use divide and rule tactics to subjugate the south........They have over 200 MONIKERS here on Nairaland.....

They have numerous Facebook Instagram Twitter handles with Yoruba and Igbo names......This people are mostly of northern extraction....

They are the same people who rejoiced when our brother and sisters were shot dead at lekki....They are the same people spreading rumors and sowing seeds of discord that it's the Igbos that wanna burn lagos......

Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix cos the Northern oligarchy controlled media is full of dirty tricks. .

No more dividing southerners...
this is not funny anymore sha.

I have added your name too because at 11 o'clock you are still posting this shit .

Go and check my comments first before you raise the pitchforks Kirchoff!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by Bestway1000: 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
the truth shall prevail
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by golddare: 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
ikeyman00:

stop boring us with rubbish biko; your Governor has indirectly already reported fg to CNN white people

hope you know that and he even went as far to say atleast two are shoot on scene

What is this one saying?
Who is your governor?
Always read before you comment.
If you claimed you read tell me how your comment correlates with mine?
The military commander denies any involvement and I made my submission to debunk their denial.
Unless you are a military personnel then I can understand your need to defend this act of murder.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by alfredilly: 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
The whole story did not add up. There seem to be some mixed up. Are we talking about soldier invited after the violent distruptive and burning of police station, if at all they were invited. The contending issue here is the presence of army before the curfew and the shooting at Lekki toll gate. As far as we know, burning of police station and looting only stated after the Lekki shooting
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by dapotanye(m): 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
Throwback:
You mean the Governor of Lagos State is the C-in-C of the Nigerian Armed Forces?

Where is the evidence of the invitation?
Ask Fashola
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army by ikeyman00(m): 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
guestlander
Incoherent balderdash. I bet you are writing this with a bowl of pepper soup and six empty bottles of hero beer in front of you.

Zoo graduate never make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FG Orders Release Of Dasuki And Sowore / Kogi Youths Guard Dino Melaye After Police Withdraws His Security (VIDEO) / Boko Haram Negotiates Cease-fire, Chibok Girls Release In S’arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.