Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? (709 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / Mamador Celebrates Fried Rice Day With Its Seasoning Cubes / Tasty Cubes In Akure Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? by barag(f): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Good day. I've been wondering if it is possible to completely do away with msg/bullion cubes while cooking. I've tried several times but I've only succeeded in reducing but not completely stopped using bullion cubes.

Some people no longer use bullion cubes. If you are in this category pls tell us how you achieved it.

I know there are natural spices people use like ginger, thyme, garlic tumeric and a whole lot more.
Pls share your experience and let's know
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? by kinah(f): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
I am trying to too.
It is truly difficult because that's what one is brought up with and also used to.
Sometimes I pull it off. I had to just reduce the quantity I use to just one cube for a pot of soup no matter the size.
I try to make use of garlic, ginger, turmeric ,bay leaf, ehuru, Cameroon pepper,crayfish,locust beans,ogiri, stock beef or chicken more.
In my cooking.
Half seasoning or a cube.
For my soup I don't use seasoning I use those listed above
But for stew, jollof rice, fried rice. Help us God.
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? by barag(f): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
kinah:
I am trying to too.
It is truly difficult because that's what one is brought up with and also used to.
Sometimes I pull it off. I had to just reduce the quantity I use to just one cube for a pot of soup ...
I agree with you our taste buds are accustomed to msg and cooking without it needs some adjusting to. I know some of our Grandmas cooked without msg. They used local seasonings and made delicious meals.

I remember discussing this issue with Onegai sometime ago and she mentioned certain herbs she uses in place of msg but it's been long I saw her on nairaland, I wonder where she is.

I believe reducing usage gradually is helpful rather than trying to do it at once.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? by Spechialone(f): 12:56am On Nov 01, 2020
I reduced quantity, for now
Re: Has Anyone Been Able To Do Away With Msg/bullion Cubes In Cooking? by barag(f): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2020
Spechialone:
I reduced quantity, for now
I think that's what's most of us have been able to do

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

100g Complete Pancake Mix Eat, Sell And Earn. / Meet Benue-born Baker, Angel Dajoh Who Bakes Beautiful And Amazing Cakes / Bulk Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.