Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ (49300 Views)

How Eze Chinedu Mozie Was Attacked, Injured In Lagos On Orders Of Oba Afeez / DCP Abba Kyari's List Of Achievements (Photo) / Charles Awuzie: DCP Abba Kyari Is Innocent, Was Only Manipulated By Hushpuppi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by GreenAgain: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
‘DCP Abba Kyari extorted over N41m from me’ — businessman petitions judicial panel

Abba Kyari, a deputy commissioner of police (DCP), has been accused of extorting over N41 million from Afeez Mojeed, a Lagos-based businessman.

The extortion, Mojeed claimed, was done in 2014 when Kyari was officer in charge of the now disbanded special anti-robbery squad (SARS) in Lagos.

In a series of petitions between 2016 and 2018, Mojeed sought justice through the Independent Corrupt Practices And Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), but to no avail.

In a fresh petition filed on October 22, 2020, through Salawu Akingbolu & Co, Mojeed’s counsel, and addressed to the newly formed judicial panel of inquiry and restitution for victims of SARS-related abuses in Lagos, Kyari and his officers were accused of forcefully taking about 32 items from Mojeed’s house during a raid in 2014.

The Lagos government had set up a judicial panel to attend to cases of abuses, especially by the officers of the disbanded police squad, after the protest against police brutality.

In his petition, Mojeed said his ordeal began on the night of October 18, 2014, when four gun-wielding policemen from SARS broke into his house.

The businessman, who was home with his pregnant wife, 18 month-old son and mother in-law, had thought it was a robbery attack.

“They forcefully took his wedding ring and that of his wife from them, opened their wardrobe and took the sum N280,000 and the sum of N50,000 was also taken from his car, after which the Honda Accord (2008) model was seized and taken away till today,” the petition read.

Phones, landed properties, cheque books, bank cards and other valuable documents were allegedly taken from his house.

14 DAYS IN DETENTION

After ransacking the house, Mojeed was reportedly taken to the SARS office in Ikeja where he was detained for 14 days– from October 18 to October 31, 2014.

He was later “arraigned on a trump-up charge” of stealing N97 million and for over one year, the matter was in court, the police “never showed up or brought any witness”.

Ater several adjournments, the court reportedly struck out the charge against him.

According to the petition, while in detention, “the police under the supervision and threat of Abba Kyari (OC SARS) forced him to sign three Zenith Bank cheques in the sum of N150,000 each making N450,000 in total on October 22 – 23, 2014 and gave the sum to one Alabi Olawale Nurudeen who is also one of their cronies to withdraw”.

The police also allegedly obtained password to his bank card with which they withdrew another N395,000 from his account between October 20 to 23, 2014.

FORCEFUL TRANSFER OF 41 MILLION

Allegedly on the directive of Kyari, Mojeed was taken by “one Inspector Fola, Corporal Bolu and Corporal Akeem to Diamond Bank Ajah branch on October 23 and 24, 2014 to forcefully transfer the sum of 41 Million and N800,000 respectively from his corporate account M. Mateen Concepts into the account of one Obinna Edward, whom our client had never seen or heard of before, after which they shared the money.

“All these acts perpetrated on our client were exhibited with serious injuries inflicted on him due to a series of slaps and beatings for them to get access to his ATM password, signature on cheques and also transfer from his account.”

Mojeed’s counsel had confronted Kyari in his then office in Ikeja on why he would seize his money and properties without a court order, but Kyari reportedly said he had kept the money as an exhibit.

“But till date, they have not released any of the items to him including his car which which we got information had been taken away by Abba Kyari,” the petition read.

Kyari was also accused of attempting to connive with Mojeed’s counsel to further extort him.

The senior police officer reportedly told the counsel that Mojeed was an internet fraudster and that was why they took the money from him.

“He also went further that there was another N15 million in another account, that the counsel should cooperate with him to take it the way they took N41 million and a sum of N5 million would be given to him while they would take N10 million,” the petition read.

The counsel was allegedly threatened over the refusal to “cooperate” with Kyari.

A November 14, 2014, medical report seen by TheCable, showed how Mojeed suffered hearing difficulty, a bad right eye and recurrent chest pain, all of these following police brutality.

As of the time of filing this report, Kyari, who now heads the intelligence response team (IRT) of the inspector-general of police, was unreachable as his telephone lines were switched off.

https://www.thecable.ng/dcp-abba-kyari-extorted-over-n41m-from-me-businessman-petitions-judicial-panel

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Openbusiness: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
shocked OMG, dis news shock me pass d way Buhari dey shock. Even dis guy we dey believe say na police James Bond sef na crook shocked? Do we really have any Police with integrity in this country at all ?

462 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
if this is true then no police man is a saint in this country oo. ..even officer Abba kyari , the "supercop"

283 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by overdrive(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2020
Wow.hope this isn’t true. I always saw Kyari as one without blemish.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Zooposki(f): 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2020
overdrive:

Oftentimes, those are the most corrupt. I usually use to laugh when everyone was praising him. I read a lot of true crime novels, so I know what to look for and how to spot them. I won’t be surprised if he is a serial killer.

455 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by DelTel(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
Sad.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by hisgrace090: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
Even thou you "Aba kyari"?
who is free among nigerian police men?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2020
grin

our people said
ikuku kue afu ike ọkụkọ anya
meaning When breeze blow we go see fowl nyach grin

Even Officer Kyari cheesy

truly no cop is pure
at least not in Nigeria cheesy

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Maxymilliano(m): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
I want to believe his sins of the past is fast catching up.witj him.

The SARS unit headed by him in Lagos extorted lots of people under the disguise of checkmating fraud.

188 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Fahdiga(m): 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
Abba Kyari is a deceitful being

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Nbotee(m): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2020
No police man in the field is innocent...

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by GamalNasser: 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2020
overdrive:

Are you a child ? Without blemish indeed ? grin grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Daddysidhan: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
SUPER COP ABBA KYARI is also a thief, who are we going to trust among this people.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by TecM0: 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
cool

Na still allegations and accusations..... Criminals can go to any length to bring down a hard working cop especially those who bursted them

Evans the Kidnapper also said alot of bullshit, it is left to the court to determine the fact

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by madridguy(m): 7:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Kyari of a person get blood all over his hands. I have read a lot about him involved in many shady deal. Just imagine a policeman

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by inoki247: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nobody holy pass...
Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by DWJOBScom(m): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
The President will soon be shocked over the allegations
Just be watching...

Not surprise as this is the second time Kyari of a dude have been accused of grabbing suspects' properties or even dead criminals.
He takes over their establishments and money all by himself.

My people stay tuned
The dirty no be here

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Throwback: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
How can anyone be surprised that a police officer is corrupt?

Would you be surprised that a chicken lay eggs?

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by overdrive(m): 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
GamalNasser:

Are you a child ? Without blemish indeed ? grin grin

E no shock you grin

2 Likes

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by duduade: 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
This is a eye opener

I really hope exhibits are tendered

And justice will prevail

See ynashh opening

Gawd

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by GreyLaw(m): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2020
inoki247:
Nobody holy pass... what I know is even if Jesus join SARS him hand no fit clean..

I hope you are an Atheist writing this rubbish. Some Muslims in France didn't waste time to behead a teacher just for a cartoon of Mohammed. But here you people use Jesus name anyhow because Christians don't respond with violence.

171 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by moodyguy: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Na still allegations and accusations..... Criminals can go to any length to bring down a hard working cop especially those who bursted them

Evans the Kidnapper also said alot of bullshit, it is left to the court to determine the fact

Which court? The tribunal takes d final decision

4 Likes

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Toosure70: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hmmmmm,
Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by TecM0: 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
moodyguy:
Which court? The tribunal takes d final decision

Judicial panel of enquiry doesn't have any decision but to submit it's enquiry to the government that constituted it.... It is not a Court of competent jurisdiction

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Okoroawusa: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2020
Believing that there is a saint in any police force in the world is like believing that there is a virgin in ashewo house...

Abba Kyari is a police officer...so make your conclusions.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2020
Maxymilliano:
I want to believe his sins of the past is fast catching up.witj him.

The SARS unit headed by him in Lagos extorted lots of people under the disguise of checkmating fraud.

All that supercop nonsense na bullshit. We have been asking - how come this guy is the only one busting crime and capturing criminals? In Ogun, in Adamawa, in Taraba, in Kano, in Lagos, in Rivers, in Enugu, in Offa, in Kogi. There is something else going on in background.

Judicial panel will play the film now for all of us to see. grin

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
GreyLaw:

I hope you are an Atheist writing this rubbish. Some Muslims in France didn't waste time to behead a teacher just for a cartoon of Mohammed. But here you people use Jesus name anyhow because Christians don't respond with violence.

If na christian say that now arewa go get erection and troop out on street with bow and arrow.

Ive been asking why they are not joining their arab brothers to boycot france, they respond with goat and yam story.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by GreyLaw(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

If na christian say that now arewa go get erection and troop out on street with bow and arrow.

Ive been asking why they are not joining their arab brothers to boycot france, they respond with goat and yam story.

Lol... maybe some have plans of going to France.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by bolaayenimo: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
Na wa oooo. Hope it's not Blackmail
Re: Afeez Mojeed: 'DCP Abba Kyari Extorted Over N41m From Me’ by Righteousness89(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
inoki247:
Nobody holy pass... what I know is even if Jesus join SARS him hand no fit clean..
Father Have Mercy on him! He does not know himself

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC & PDP Women In Adamawa Burning Their Membership Cards And Joined LP(video) / Corper Soaked In Lagos After A Party Member Beat Him Up. Video / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.