Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! (505 Views)

APC screening: I Don’t Think I Will Get Justice – Obaseki / Tinubu With A Placard, Demands Justice For Uwa, Tina And Jennifer (Photo) / How Did Dennis Agharya And ARDI Get Justice Onnoghen's Asset Declaration Form? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by 175(m): 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
*JUSTICE FOR MY FATHER*

My name is Fabian Aguja, student and citizen of Nigeria residing at Ukwumege Quarter, Illah village in Oshimili North LGA Delta State Nigeria
I live with my parents and siblings. My father's name is Mr Lucky Aguja he is 50 years old.
On Tuesday the 21st day of July 2020, at about 4pm men of the Nigerian police force, Illah division arrested my father Mr Lucky Aguja on our way back from the farm. This was in a roadblock lead by the DPO Mr SP Apu. My father was as taken to their station without telling us his offense. They only told us that the arrest was an order from the headquarters in Asaba. Few minutes later members of the anti-kidnapping and cyber crime squad arrived from Asaba and my father was handed over to them, they still didn't tell us what he did. My mother who was making a call and crying was beaten and her phone was taken from her.
The police men took my father to his shop for searching after they found nothing implicating then they headed to our house for further searching. On getting the house they combed it and even destroyed some of our belongings in the process. After the search and nothing implicating was found, the police men beat my father up badly and left him many with injuries. They took him alongside some of our properties which include a television set, two generator sets, handset and about #300,000 Naira from his room and carried them to the state police headquarters Asaba in their vehicle. We were all driven away from the house with the threat to shoot at us if we don't leave.
A week later the police men ordered that his car be brought to the station for investigation otherwise they would not negotiate bail at all. We hurried and took the car to the police station.
From that day till date we have not been allowed to see him or talk to him, all efforts to negotiate bail even when we still don't know his offense was abortive.
I fear if he still have his life with him because of his underlying health issues.

My family employed the service of a lawyer to secure his bail or release yet even the lawyer was not allowed to see or talk to my father.
A matter of fundamental human rights was filed against the police in the High Court of Justice, in the Asaba judicial division. On the day for the first hearing the matter was read in court and the Judge issued an order which was duly served to the police, that my father be presented in court on the 25th of September, 2020.
On that given day the police did not appear in court talk more of presenting my father.
So the police disobeyed and ignored the the court order.

The case was later transferred from the vacation court to the regular because vacation was to end that day. So no date was given for the next hearing.

Therefore I am begging in the spirit of justice let my father be released because of his health first.

Thank you very much for your anticipated support.
Please share...
Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by 175(m): 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2020
So far,

Their lawyers have prepared a petition to be filed at the judicial panel of enquiry set up by the Delta State government, he's appealing that the Father is at least released on bail unconditionally having been in police detention unlawfully for 3 months now. And because of his underlying health conditions.

This is because of the seemingly slow pace of government activities on these type of things.
Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by limeta(f): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
Dear patriots
Listen pls to the one calling for help
Help the voiceless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by TATALoAlaMu: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
Anyone out there who could help this guy please?

Seun
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by VEXT: 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
What a country!!
Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by Alwaysachick: 12:10am On Oct 29, 2020
TATALoAlaMu:
Anyone out there who could help this guy please?

Seun
Lalasticlala

Lalasticlala front page o, this is a SARS related case.

I pray he is still alive

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:04am On Oct 29, 2020
Send this to Lawyer Falana. Even though this is Delta Mr Falana will indeed get on it and give it prominence and attention.
Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by BREYZ: 4:49am On Oct 29, 2020
Aside Femi Falana, also look for a way to contact Chief Mike Ozokhome , he will help too.

You see this Nigeria? I fear. I just want you to have an open mind about this case, I also fear about what you might end up discovering but in all, may God give you and your family the grace to carry on and may justice be done.

Some of these policemen are devil's, if you haven't encountered them, then Thank your God.

NOTE: Op, I dont believe in this system called Nigeria anymore, If at the end of this you come to realize a foul play, don't just chicken out, prove to your dad that you are his son, make that DPO or whoever is involved pay for it anyhow make them suffer same pain you are going through right now. Like I said, I don't believe in Nigeria anymore and anyone that touches any member of my family in the name of Police, SARZ, Army etc and I get to know your identity, I will get my pound of flesh when the chips are down, I won't lose to you neither will I be in pains while your own family is intact.

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Get Justice For The Dad! by Yujin(m): 6:13am On Oct 29, 2020
Clearly, the Nigerian Police learnt nothing from the recent protest. Do any sensible person out there still believe in Nigeria? You're supposed to feel safer in your country but alas, it's never so in Nigeria.
OP, I feel your pains. Don't worry help will come soon.

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings:.olowu Of Kuta Calls For Probe Of Amnesty International's Claim / Why FG Needs To Regulate Social Media ― Lai Mohammed / British Gambler Bets $5M On Trump In Biggest-ever Political Wager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.