Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi (21283 Views)

ASUU Protests As FG Withholds Union Dues / Don’t Reopen Schools Now - Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President Urges FG / 'ASUU Strike Will Be Called Off From Today Or Tomorrow' - Adamu Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2020
babtoundey:

Adopted Child of the Prof that couldn't think beyond what the Prof told him. What is glaring from all end is ASUU's selfishness. ASUU only gets strength and credibility from the uselessness, irresponsibility and negligence of the FG.
Why the strike on before salary issue came? Google and answer yes or no, then you will see how naive you are
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Tony142: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Doradorwa:
The elites calls us the leaders of tomorrow yet they(elites) send their children to study abroad with emblezzle tax money our parents are paying, keep jobs that ought to be gotten through merit for their children. They will come every 4 years and make empty promises yet some people will still defend them after collecting 20k.... Their entitlement for the 4years

Sweetheart, Nigeria problem is bigger than Jesus Christ, only God himself can help Nigeria cry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Decimus: 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
Oga don't give head ache to yourself. All the monies owed them will be paid to the last penny and there is nothing you can do. Do you think going on strike is illegal I labour? Some of you will just be saying what you don't know
OK na. They should stay at home and be expecting alert.
They won't get a kobo until they register on IPPIS and call off the strike.
zikter:
if the students are not useless, they should rise against the government and not ASUU, who are trying their best to improve public universities
Lol, of the countless incessant strikes that has been embarked by ASUU in the last few decades.
The main benefits has been students staying longer than necessary in school and further deterioration of pubic schools.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

This is not the first time and may not be the last as long as our government continue to be useless. They are going to pay for the months, I assure you. Why can't they honor agreements they signed after long time? This is what many of you fail to see. Have you gone to the public schools and seen the deplorable state of facilities? The universities are poorly funded but everyone blame ASUU, why? Look at our primary and secondary schools now, they are in shambles and the same thing is happening to the universities

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by babtoundey(m): 10:01am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
Why the strike on before salary issue came? Google and answer yes or no, then you will see how naive you are

I'm naive but you're irredeemably gullible. Try and read beyond what ASUU (the profs ) tells you. See from the purview of what their incessant strike actions have attained for them in connection with what it has attained for Nigerian students and the education system.
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

Lol, of the countless incessant strikes that has been embarked by ASUU in the last few decades.
The main benefits has been students staying longer than necessary in school and further deterioration of pubic schools.
So I that ASUU fault or the government who is supposed to be doing the right thing. Instead of holding the government responsible, we prefer doing shot cut. This is the reason why we may never prosper as a nation, while the government gets everything wrong, the priorities of the citizens who are supposed to be holding the government responsible are even worse

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Decimus: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
So I that ASUU fault or the government who is supposed to be doing the right thing. Instead of holding the government responsible, we prefer doing shot cut. This is the reason why we may never prosper as a nation, while the government gets everything wrong, the priorities of the citizens who are supposed to be holding the government responsible are even worse
Ok, please weigh in on the matter. What do you think is the solution to this current strike.

Please note that the cause of this strike is payment platform only. ASUU just started mentioning revitalization funds and education budget later to add something to the mix.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by 21cents: 10:11am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
This is not the first time and may not be the last as long as our government continue to be useless. They are going to pay for the months, I assure you. Why can't they honor agreements they signed after long time? This is what many of you fail to see. Have you gone to the public schools and seen the deplorable state of facilities? The universities are poorly funded but everyone blame ASUU, why? Look at our primary and secondary schools now, they are in shambles and the same thing is happening to the universities
pls save us all these robin hood stories of ASUU.

the billions Jonathan's government gave them some few years ago, what have they done with it or what little changes so far have they brought to the schools with the monies?

na FG I blame sha. giving ASUU money without accountability and monitoring them on how they spent it. after receiving billions the first thing they do is go buy Benz and SUVs and now they'd be claiming they're fighting for the revitalizations of schools. I pray FG deals with you guys very well.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2020
Tony142:

Sweetheart, Nigeria problem is bigger than Jesus Christ, only God himself can help Nigeria cry
grin grin Our God can never help Nigeria... We need to stand up against bad governance. Somewhere in the bible mentioned that the glory of the youth is their strength. God has done is part by giving us brain... It's now up to us to use it.... God made City... Man made town.... Every sector in this Nigeria is just corrupt... But I still have hope that things are going change soon
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by purpleicious(f): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2020
Your kids are schooling abroad na,so what does it matter?
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 10:23am On Oct 29, 2020
21cents:
pls save us all these robin hood stories of ASUU.

the billions Jonathan's government gave them some few years ago, what have they done with it or what little changes so far have they brought to the schools with the monies?

na FG I blame sha. giving ASUU money without accountability and monitoring them on how they spent it. after receiving billions the first thing they do is go buy Benz and SUVs and now they'd be claiming they're fighting for the revitalizations of schools. I pray FG deals with you guys very well.
Please stop muddling things up here and be more smart in your argument. The university system is headed by the VC who is in charge of University administration and is not a member of ASUU as a body. Again you agree with me that the government should take blame, what is the work of ICPC, EFCC, NUC if you are insinuating corruption in the system? And by the way, the money released by government which you are exaggerating is like a pin in ocean compare with the problems the universities are facing. A 1.2 trillion agreement was signed and about 1.1trillion is outstanding after seven years and you are shamelessly supporting government

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Tony142: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2020
Doradorwa:
grin grin Our God can never help Nigeria... We need to stand up against bad governance. Somewhere in the bible mentioned that the glory of the youth is their strength. God has done is part by giving us brain... It's now up to us to use it.... God made City... Man made town.... Every sector in this Nigeria is just corrupt... But I still have hope that things are going change soon

Lol, it will be more easier for devil to make heaven than for Nigeria to change grin

Which university do u school?
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

Ok, please weigh in on the matter. What do you think is the solution to this current strike.

Please note that the cause of this strike is payment platform only. ASUU just started mentioning revitalization funds and education budget later to add something to the mix.
Please I totally disagree with you that the cause of the strike is payment platform. Google the timeline of the current strike and you will see. Like the Prof said, the five points were the cause of the strike as govt did not honour the 2013 agreements. The IPPIS issue came up like two months after ASUU began their strike, making it a sixth point.
The solution is simple, government should honor its agreements with ASUU and stop grandstanding. Why are they insincere? You negotiate something on a roundtable, agree, but all of a sudden trash it.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2020
Playing and wasting the time of the youths.
tueh
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2020
Tony142:

Lol, it will be more easier for devil to make heaven than for Nigeria to change grin

Which university do u school?
At the bolded word.... grin ;DDont give up too soon.... We will all die one day.... Then Nigeria will not be ours anymore but for our children and grandchildren for this reason then we must strive hard to make Nigeria great...I tell you this...The money all those politicians are emblezzling are not only for themselves but they are using most of it to secure a better future for their children.So we must also do the same thing for ourselves and that of our unborn children. If some people will need to die then let them die.Nigeria must be great again.... I'm a student of EKSU.... Ekiti state University...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by somehow: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
if the students are not useless, they should rise against the government and not ASUU, who are trying their best to improve public universities

Tell me one fight ASUU fought for the students in Nigeria that we can now see the effect years ahead?
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2020
babtoundey:

I'm naive but you're irredeemably gullible. Try and read beyond what ASUU (the profs ) tells you. See from the purview of what their incessant strike actions have attained for them in connection with what it has attained for Nigerian students and the education system.
point is put the blame on the door step of the government. There is nothing like look beyond here. Did you see anything like salary increment of ASUU members in all of the discussion? Rather you see earned allowances which is different from salary. How much does a prof take home monthly as salary by the way?
That the Nigerian student is suffering is no fault of ASUU but govt. Would you rather prefer lectures are delivered under mango trees as it is obtainable in primary schools now? No equipped labs, overcrowded lecture rooms, deplorable hostels or total lack of it. The school fees paid by Nigerian students is meagre and no funds from government. What do you want ASUU to do? Keep chinning out paper degrees that are irrelevant in labour market? Go for an interview with your CU counterpart and see who will be the preferred candidate. We have to be sincere with ourselves here

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by somehow: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2020
bunto:
So true! They faced the wrong predators ..#Endsars. When actually their real enemy is ASUU.
ASUU waste their time, their future, and abuse and traumatize them, yet they don't see it.NANS is barely fit for purpose, totally silent on these incessant strikes by their lecturers.

Truly, Nigerians don't know who their enemies are!

No improvement in the method these so called lecturers use in teaching and when they encounter a bright student, they frustrate him till he becomes a bad student or lose interest in becoming a better student.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Decimus: 10:41am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
Please I totally disagree with you that the cause of the strike is payment platform. Google the timeline of the current strike and you will see. Like the Prof said, the five points were the cause of the strike as govt did not honour the 2013 agreements. The IPPIS issue came up like two months after ASUU began their strike, making it a sixth point.
The solution is simple, government should honor its agreements with ASUU and stop grandstanding. Why are they insincere? You negotiate something on a roundtable, agree, but all of a sudden trash it.

Lol, so after the pandemic. FG should just forked out the money, because of the agreements that were made in 2009, 2013....
This is the wrong time to ask for such money, and ASUU is aware of that.

Let me tell you for a fact that if the FG should accept to pay ASUU via the old platform or UTAS where many ASUU members will be able to keep their multiple jobs in two or more Federal institutions. Then they will call off the strike.
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2020
somehow:

Tell me one fight ASUU fought for the students in Nigeria that we can now see the effect years ahead?
Because the government has consistently refused to honor agreements that would have transformed the life of a Nigerian student. But it is no fault of ASUU in fighting for the right thing. Nigerians need to wake up and support them in making the government responsible and not castigating them the way some of you are doing

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

Lol, so after the pandemic. FG should just forked out the money, because of the agreements that were made in 2009, 2013....

Let me tell you for a fact that if the FG should accept to pay ASUU via the old platform or UTAS where many ASUU members will be able to keep their multiple jobs in two or more Federal institutions. Then they will call off the strike.
Forget pandemic, was there pandemic from 2009, 2013? read the interview again. Even when the ASUUA asked government to present another structured payment plan, no body answered them.
Again ask NASU, SSANU that are currently on strike because of IPPIS if they taking multiple jobs as well. In that light your multiple job argument does not hold water at all.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Tony142: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Doradorwa:
At the bolded word.... grin ;DDont give up too soon.... We will all die one day.... Then Nigeria will not be ours anymore but for our children and grandchildren for this reason then we must strive hard to make Nigeria great...I tell you this...The money all those politicians are emblezzling are not only for themselves but they are using most of it to secure a better future for their children.So we must also do the same thing for ourselves and that of our unborn children. If some people will need to die then let them die.Nigeria must be great again.... I'm a student of EKSU.... Ekiti state University...

Lol, anyway, nice one #wink
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

Paying them was a clueless act from FG.
If ASUU want their salaries, they should register on IPPIS and call off the strike. If there's any lapses on the platform, then it will be rectified.

Well, they have to keep up with the clueless act since they started it. ASUU have said they will not register whether there is lapses or not. Govt gave ASUU it's assurance that if they design their own platform they will recognize it but unfortunately for government in their usual way of looking down on academicians in the country felt it would not be possible for ASUU only for ASUU to shock them. Now they are stock, so since they were clueless to pay and ask ASUU to design their own payment platform, they should be clueless to honour their words in principle...
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by babtoundey(m): 10:57am On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
point is put the blame on the door step of the government. There is nothing like look beyond here. Did you see anything like salary increment of ASUU members in all of the discussion? Rather you see earned allowances which is different from salary. How much does a prof take home monthly as salary by the way?
That the Nigerian student is suffering is no fault of ASUU but govt. Would you rather prefer lectures are delivered under mango trees as it is obtainable in primary schools now? No equipped labs, overcrowded lecture rooms, deplorable hostels or total lack of it. The school fees paid by Nigerian students is meagre and no funds from government. What do you want ASUU to do? Keep chinning out paper degrees that are irrelevant in labour market? Go for an interview with your CU counterpart and see who will be the preferred candidate. We have to be sincere with ourselves here

Seriously, I am being sincere and that's why I don't want to blame the FG alone. ASUU has its own fault. The rots in Nigeria education is bred and nourished by the FG and at the same time ASUU. These professors are as selfish and corrupt as the politicians. That's why I said ASUU gets its courage and credibility from the failure of the Federal government. If the government is a kind that is alive to its responsibilities and priortizes education we all will be able to know what ASUU truly stands for and see through their veil of deception of deceits. ASUU fights for nothing but its own interest.
If ASUU really means well for Nigerian students and education, it's time they adopted better measures to drive home their never fulfilled request from the government other than this constant strike actions that further deteriorate the quality and standard of education in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Pancakeey(f): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Take it easy girl cheesy
angry
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 29, 2020
Decimus:

But this is a good time to approve billions for scanner for Nigerian ports when report has it that the existing ones can be repaired abi Oga find another excuse

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2020
div111:

grin xup pretty
The last time, you said my nose looks like facebook notification button... Today you are calling me pretty.... Kai... It seems you are a camelion
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by zikter(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2020
babtoundey:

Seriously, I am being sincere and that's why I don't want to blame the FG alone. ASUU has its own fault. The rots in Nigeria education is bred and nourished by the FG and at the same time ASUU. These professors are as selfish and corrupt as the politicians. That's why I said ASUU gets its courage and credibility from the failure of the Federal government. If the government is a kind that is alive to its responsibilities and priortizes education we all will be able to know what ASUU truly stands for and see through their veil of deception of deceits. ASUU fights for nothing but its own interest.
If ASUU really means well for Nigerian students and education, it's time they adopted better measures to drive home their never fulfilled request from the government other than this constant strike actions that further deteriorate the quality and standard of education in the country.
But what other measures? Our government doesn't understand anything apart from the strike. If not for the strikes, the little respect for the public universities would have totally gone. Even the corruption in all facets of Nigeria is driven by government. So the government is still the genesis of everything. Worse still, if the money needed to find our education system was made available and embezzled, one would know where to vent ones anger, but the money is not even there. Go and look at education budget and compare with the nations will like making reference to
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by vicmuy(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2020
Humn, 5 years course now 7 years, still never serve as copper, so annoying... sad
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by somehow: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
zikter:
Because the government has consistently refused to honor agreements that would have transformed the life of a Nigerian student. But it is no fault of ASUU in fighting for the right thing. Nigerians need to wake up and support them in making the government responsible and not castigating them the way some of you are doing
So why continue the same method that is not working?

Does that not mean they are devoid of ideas?

They can't win any fight
Maybe because they are not truly doing it for the students
Re: ASUU Strike Will Continue As Long As FG Withholds Our Salaries - Ogunyemi by div111(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2020
Doradorwa:
The last time, you said my nose looks like facebook notification button... Today you are calling me pretty.... Kai... It seems you are a camelion

maybe or maybe not.
nonetheless, u can still send the pic though grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Types Of Punishments You Received When You Were In Primary And Secondary School. / What Where The Biggest Lies You Were Told By Teachers In School? / Honoris United Universities Acquires Nile University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.