Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Someone Please Help With This Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Someone Please Help With This Question (255 Views)

Christians, Come And Answer This Question. / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Please Help With This Question by smarts123: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2020
God and Jesus Christ are they the same Any answer with Bible references will be appreciated,,,, thanks and God bless
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:38am On Oct 29, 2020
They are not the same
Three in one .
Imagine a family, father mother and Son
They are one family ..
I don't know if u are getting my explanation
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Thattallgirl(f): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
I can't help currently with a Bible verse(s) but I can help with this:
Yea, God and Jesus Christ are the same. Including the Holy Spirit. God, Who can't behold sin, came in human form(Jesus) and left His Glory in heaven (Father). In the old testament, only the High priest could approach the most sacred place(God's presence) and he could only do this with the blood of animals. Unlike now, we can approach the presence of God anywhere cos of the blood of Jesus. Another example, when u want to switch on the light, God is the one Who gives the command, Jesus is the one who goes to the switch to turn on the light, and the Holy Spirit is the power that makes the light go on.
So basically, They're the same. It's what I believe anyway.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by petra1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
smarts123:
God and Jesus Christ are they the same Any answer with Bible references will be appreciated,,,, thanks and God bless

Jn 14:8 — Jn 14:9
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 1:1
​ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Thattallgirl(f): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
petra1:

Jn 14:8 — Jn 14:9
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

I and my Father are one.
Perfect!

John 1:1
​ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
They are the same. Different persons in the same entity.

smarts123:

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Hier(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
smarts123:

God is a Spirit

Jesus is a man

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

God is a Spirit, at the conception of Jesus, Mary was filled with the power of the Holy Ghost and a child was conceived.

The child is Jesus, the Holy Ghost is God. Now, Jesus been man sit at the right hand of God as a man, still having the Spirit of God in Him. The Bible said, the Spirit was given to Him without measure, another part said, in Him the fullness of the God head dwells bodily.

Jesus is a man, but inside Jesus is God. God dwells inside Jesus.

If Jesus had not been a man, Jesus would go back into God.

Just like a cup of water, you pour some out into another jar. The water is God. Please note, we are sons of God because we have God's spirit. So, the moment we get saved, a measure of the Spirit is given to us, but not like that of Jesus. Jesus had everything

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Hier(m): 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
They are not the same
Three in one .
Imagine a family, father mother and Son
They are one family ..
I don't know if u are getting my explanation

What I believe it means is, God as the Father, God as the Son and God as the Holy Spirit.

God is the one manifesting or revealing Himself in those three forms and that is because God is a Spirit.

Jesus is a Spirit on the inside
The Holy Spirit is God
and Finally, God is a Spirit

They only defer in their assignment to men. i.e. how they relate with men.

Jesus came to cleanse men and set them free from the power of sin

The Holy Spirit came to dwell in man

While God is the one who does it all
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
They not the same in the sense that They're not equals, but They are One.

John 14:28 (KJV)
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

I and my Father are one.

They're One because Jesus proceeds from the Father. He is the Word of God.

God bless.
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Dtruthspeaker: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
smarts123:

Which God do you have in mind?

For The One Who is Described as God in Genesis 1, who said "Let there be light" is different from He Who is Described as "The Lord God," (Who Did the making of the man) which we see changed to "The Lord".

And we know that it is The Lord Who came to die for our sins, hence Lamb of God!
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by johhbekeboh09: 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
God and Jesus are distinguishable individuals:

1) Acts 7:56
And he said 'Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God's right hand.

2) Jesus is subordinate to God

John 11:42
True,l know that you always hear me:but l spoke on account of the crowd standing around so that they may believe that you sent me.
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Ihedinobi3: 5:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
smarts123:

Hi.

That depends on what you're asking. If you're asking if Jesus and the Father are the same Person, then NO they aren't.

28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.
John 14:28 (NKJV)

5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; 6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. 7 Then I said, ‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll — I have come to do your will, my God.’”
Hebrews 10:5-7 (NIV)

If, rather, you are asking if Jesus is God too just like the Father is, then YES He is.

30 I and My Father are one.”
John 10:30 (NKJV)

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death — even death on a cross!
Philippians 2:5-8 (NIV)

6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” 7 In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire.” 8 But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.” 10 He also says, “In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. 11 They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. 12 You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end.” 13 To which of the angels did God ever say, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”
Hebrews 1:6-13 (NIV)

How can both things be true? Well, first, if the Bible says that they are both true, then that is enough reason to believe that they are.

Second, we can accept what it says on the surface, namely, that the Father is a different Person from Jesus Christ and that they are both God too.

If we can live with that, then we can understand that the term "God" refers to something that a Person is without also understanding it to refer to their individual identity. That is, for example, you and I are both human without being the same person. You are still you and I am still me, even if we both share the same human nature.

Likewise, the Lord Jesus is God (see passages posted above and also John 1:1), same as the Father is (obviously), same as the Holy Spirit is (2 Corinthians 3:17; Hebrews 3:7-11), but they aren't all the same Person.

This is the doctrine that is theologically called TRINITY (that is, tri-unity). It teaches that there are Three Persons Who are each God but Who are in such perfect unity that they are never in any kind of disagreement. As such, there is only one God. As Jesus told Philip,

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
John 14:9 (NIV)

Given that Their Will is one, that is, Their individual purposes and "desires" are all one thing, there is only one God in essence. One cannot love the Father and hate the Son or despise the Spirit. And one cannot worship Jesus and say that they do not worship the Father. Our attitude toward any One of the Three is our attitude toward All of the Three.

As it is, the Lord has commanded that it is the Lord Jesus with Whom we must deal. So, it is actually our attitude toward the Lord Jesus that determines our relationship with God the Father and the God the Holy Spirit. If we believe in Jesus, then we have accepted the Father's Gift of Him and obeyed the Spirit's Witness about Him. Through that faith too, we are made one with Jesus through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and accepted as children of the Father just as Jesus is the Father's Son too. We cannot ignore the Lord Jesus in pursuing a relationship with God. We can only get to the Father through Him. And we cannot claim anything to do with the Holy Spirit without a vital relationship with Jesus.

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
John 14:6-7 (NIV)

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener..."
John 15:1 (NIV)

13 "...But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
John 16:13-15 (NIV)

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called ; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Ephesians 4:4-6 (NIV)

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:13 (NKJV)

16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ,
Romans 8:16-17a (NKJV)

As for why the Lord Jesus made weird statements like "my Father is greater than I," this is explained in a passage I posted earlier from Philippians 2. When He accepted a human nature, He also accepted an inferior nature to His Own Deity. So, He became in that human nature inferior to the Father. As such, He humbled Himself and became a Servant to the Father.

This is the really big part of His Sacrifice: accepting a position of inferiority to His Peers (the Father and the Holy Spirit) in order to save us from the just consequences of our sins. And He retains that inferiority along with His Deity forever. So, He is both equal to the Father and also less than Him. At the end of the Millennium, He will hand over all rule to the Father, so that God will be all and in all. There is no competitiveness in Him at all.

You should see that if your mind can contain the enormity of this Sacrifice of His, you will understand why people stumble all over it. In Jesus Christ, God demonstrates just how great His Love is and how unflinching His Justice is too. This is what all unbelievers stumble over. It is also what all believers delight and rejoice in.
Re: Someone Please Help With This Question by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
smarts123:
Here is what God said about His new Covenant back, back in the days of Jeremiah

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
And this is what Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, commanded of His followers.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
When it comes to anything that has to do with God, and the things of God, Man is the most unreliable source available. Take your questions to God Himself! He is the one who can give you all knowledge, Wisdom, and after He and He alone can give you understanding of His Truth.

(1) (Reply)

Vatican Sets Up Probe After Pope Francis Likes Half Nude Woman Pic On Instagram / 2021 PERSPECTIVES / What Can Man Do To Be Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.