Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew (2291 Views)

Video: Oyigbo Still On The Run As Death And Hunger Strick's / EMERGENCY: Wike Is Placing Obiigbo People Life At Risk, With Prolonged Curfew. / Pipeline Explosion Rocks Komkom, Izuoma In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
Oyigbo is still on fire after Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has lifted the curfew imposed on Mile 1, Mile 2, Illoabuchi, Emenike, and Rumukwurushi.

Curfew remains in Oyigbo Local Government Area as people take refuge in Churches.
Report has it that the military are exchanging fire with some alleged members of the indigenous people of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Madmohamed419(m): 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Oyigbo is still on fire after Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has lifted the curfew imposed on Mile 1, Mile 2, Illoabuchi, Emenike, and Rumukwurushi.

Curfew remains in Oyigbo Local Government Area as people take refuge in Churches.
Report has it that the military are exchanging fire with some alleged members of the indigenous people of Biafra.
ok
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by AdaugoChisom(f): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Once he destroy River he will run and hide in Abuja

4 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by gidgiddy: 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
What is happening in Oyigbo has very little to do with IPOB but they are covering the truth

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by loveth360(f): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:

Hope they are carrying biafra flags while shooting?

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Janadozz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
gidgiddy:
What is happening in Oyigbo has very little to do with IPOB but they are covering the truth

Please sir, I will like to know what is happening. Am so confuse on the shooting and helicopter flying over us.
Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by ivolt: 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
Janadozz:

Please sir, I will like to know what is happening. Am so confuse on the shooting and helicopter flying over us.
Thank you for sharing.
That guy is not living in Oyingbo. He is an Ipob member, so take his words with a pinch of salt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Janadozz(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:

That guy is not living in Oyingbo. He is an Ipob member, so take his words with a pinch of salt.

Let him answer. I want to know what he knows. I grew up in the north and now am in Rivers State. Whether IPOB or not, everyone should be given a listening ear.

10 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by adadike(f): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
Janadozz:

Thank you for sharing.
please dear, lie low. Stay behind a wall if possible. Stray bullet is real and may God protect you.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by RosyIsBlessed: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
Janadozz:

Thank you for sharing.

Where are you precisely?
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Janadozz(m): 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
adadike:
please dear, lie low. Stay behind a wall if possible. Stray bullet is real and may God protect you.

One happened at Ezi-ala. Was hit while on the bike. On the leg.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by gidgiddy: 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
Janadozz:

Thank you for sharing.

I started a thread here where I asked indigenes and residents of Oyigbo to tell us what the cause of the violence in Oyigbo is. The answer I got was all sketchy. Some say that many years of marginalisation has made Oyigbo youths restive. Some say that the problem is a long running feud between Oyigbo indigenes and Northerners living in the community. I even heard this story that the security forces provoked the problem by heavyhandedness of the security forces in Oyigbo

I went on YouTube and saw a video of Oyigbo youths who shot, killed, machetted and even burnt

One thing is clear, IPOB could not have done these things. IPOB is not known for attacking communities. Besides IPOB has nothing to gain from attacking Oyigbo.

When people attack and burn Police stations, its usually because theres either a full scale riot in place or that the Police have done something to provoke the people into doing so

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by joeprince23(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:

Are you onye etche... ala etche wu ala nnem
My dear oyigbo I pray for peace...
Residents in oyigbo no longer go outside,oyigbo express is no go area.
The only safe route to inside town(PH) is from location road through Igbo-etche to eleme junction,even iriebe axis is not safe.
Please gov Wike, hon. Offorji is not not the problem why giving him altimatum.
Peace for ala ASA,peace for ala ndoki, peace for ala etche!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by SlayerForever: 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Let me say this here. The move to squeeze Obigbo people into submission by Wike will backfire immeasurably!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Ogbuu101: 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
SlayerForever:
Let me say this here. The move to squeeze Obigbo people into submission by Wike will backfire immeasurably!
I wish Wike could hear,but he has recently metamorphosed to another buhari.
The people he's flexing muscles on are his biggest support base.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by adadike(f): 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Janadozz:

One happened at Ezi-ala. Was hit while on the bike. On the leg.
you see am! I hope you are okay now. Sorry darling. Please do all you can to stay safe. Your life is precious, at least to me.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2020
joeprince23:

Are you onye etche... ala etche wu ala nnem
My dear oyigbo I pray for peace...
Residents in oyigbo no longer go outside,oyigbo express is no go area.
The only safe route to inside town(PH) is from location road through Igbo-etche to eleme junction,even iriebe axis is not safe.
Please gov Wike, hon. Offorji is not not the problem why giving him altimatum.
Peace for ala ASA,peace for ala ndoki, peace for ala etche!!!
Peace will surely come bro. Yes, I am an Etche son.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
loveth360:
Hope they are carrying biafra flags while shooting?
What is Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Ojiofor: 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
gidgiddy:

Your leader gave order to bring Wike's head to him #100mln reward.That is part of the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ojiofor:

Your leader gave order to bring Wike's head to him #100mln reward.That is part of the truth.
Lmao, you don't mean it grin grin
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Ojiofor: 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Lmao, you don't mean it grin grin

I mean it o.abi you no hear grin.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ojiofor:

I mean it o.abi you no hear grin.
Wike no talk that one for speech o
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Ojiofor: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Wike no talk that one for speech o

You sef no understand.His leader I meant is Nnamdi Kanu who told his follower that anybody who killed Wike and bring his head to him will receive 100mln naira reward.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by NNEWIsuper: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
gidgiddy:
Then what is actually happening, tell your own side of the story
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by NNEWIsuper: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Janadozz:

Let him answer. I want to know what he knows. I grew up in the north and now am in Rivers State. Whether IPOB or not, everyone should be given a listening ear.
Why did you leave the north
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 1:41am On Oct 30, 2020
Ojiofor:

You sef no understand.His leader I meant is Nnamdi Kanu who told his follower that anybody who killed Wike and bring his head to him will receive 100mln naira reward.
How you take know? via Radio Biafra? cos I no hear Wike or anybody talk anything like that
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Ojiofor: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
How you take know? via Radio Biafra? cos I no hear Wike or anybody talk anything like that

Boy park one side,it seems comprehension is your problem.That post wasn't for you,the person I quote knew what I mean.
Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Janadozz(m): 4:24am On Oct 31, 2020
adadike:
Thanks dear. Gun shots have reduced drastically. Hoping all be calm and free movement on Monday.
One Love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Janadozz(m): 4:26am On Oct 31, 2020
adadike:
you see am! I hope you are okay now. Sorry darling. Please do all you can to stay safe. Your life is precious, at least to me.
So touching. Thanks Darling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyigbo Still On Fire After Prolonged Curfew by Janadozz(m): 4:42am On Oct 31, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Why did you leave the north
Nwanne, I am an indigene. Nnewi-South, Ukpor. When you hear north, don't assume they are all Hausa. Just the way the south are not all Igbo.

The real northerners are not the problem. In fact, they are facing the same problem with herders same with south.

What I know is this:
#EndSars was Nationwide and so with the protest that follows.
#Military personnels were also attacked not only in Rivers
Are the Southern states handling it same way with other regions? Answer is no

The west has judicial panel investigating this.
The belt region are talking to their youths.

The West has Oduduwa republic but that was taken into the picture of protest.
The North don't blame the looting to banditry or book haram.

If the nation is well govern, who will call for separation?
If the average youth goes home with average equivalent of 200 dollars monthly, will they carry gun for anyone risking their lives?

All these cries and bloodshed is as a result of these.
These are my views and I stand to be corrected.

One love

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Dino Melaye’s Campaign Poster Emerges / Abba Kyari Have A Tribe, US Should Not Rope Nigeria Into Their Madness / Shocking! Fight Broke Out In Church Between A Man And A Priest In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.