Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

From Sales To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / From Sales To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months (883 Views)

Why I Think Animation Is A Better Career Path Compared To Software Development / From Accounting To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months / Code-ignite : Free Weekend Introductory Course To Software Development!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Sales To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months by moatacad: 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
“I have had more job offers in 3 months that I graduated from Moat Academy than the entire two and half years in my former career” – Naheemah (Software Developer at YIP)

An interview with our Alumna, Naheemah Adeleke:

Can we meet you?
My name is Naheemah Adeleke, a member of the cohort 14 bootcamp that ended in August 2020.

What were you doing before coming to Moat Academy?
I was working in a retail Luxury firm as a Client service executive, and within a year, I was promoted to a Group Sales Manager in the same firm.

What exactly do you want to achieve with the software development skills?
With my software development skill, I want to develop large scale enterprise solutions that will be beneficial to people in most part of the world.

Why did you choose Moat Academy for Developers?
The link to Moat Academy website was sent to me by a friend amongst other software training websites, on skimming through, the reviews caught my eye; I was amazed by the fact that I could be a software developer even without prior knowledge in programming.

How has things changed for you since gaining software development skills?
The journey has been amazing, I thank God every day that I made that decision to come to Moat Academy, the feeling that I can make an impact on the community and the world at large, not even to talk about the numerous job offers in this field.

What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy and what do you feel about it now?
My biggest fear before joining Moat Academy is the fact that I am not a computer science graduate; I felt it might be more difficult for me grasping things in class due to that reason (I was scared I would be the dullard in class). Right now, I am confident I feel I am on the right path and I am adding value even though I am continuously learning.

How will you describe your experience in Moat Academy?
My experience in Moat Academy for me is one I cannot forget; I was transformed not just to a programmer. It was a total re-orientation for me with the career lessons I got from there.

What have you been able to achieve with the training?
I am able to acquire software skills, career lessons, job offers and extreme happiness doing what I love.

Can you share your experiences with us since you graduated from Moat Academy?
I have had more job offers in 3 months that I graduated from Moat Academy than the entire two and half years in my former career. Though, in the first week of my job, I suffered greatly from imposter syndrome, I wonder if I can actually do stuff I claim I can do, because the outside world was totally different from training school. Learning and writing code at your own pace was really different from organization standard, but then I adjusted (still adjusting), I knew doing stuff I am not confident of doing is a great way to grow, I have so many positive writings I scribble on my sticky note and stick on my table at work, it helps me greatly to achieve my task for the day. Luckily also, I have a boss that feels I am adding value, this helps increase my “can do” spirit, it also makes me strive more to work on that hard task.

What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?
Don’t let the fact that you do not have a prior experience hinder you to become the best you can be. Also never see the class assessment as too much, it really helped me to know if I understood what is being taught or not. Lastly, don’t joke with the morning career sessions.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years, I see myself building world class solutions through learning of other valuable and trending languages, also to be an artificial intelligent (AI) guru .

Apply on https://moatacademy.com/ to be part of our next coding boot camp

Accelerating your Career Path in the Software Development Industry
Re: From Sales To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months by talk2hb1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Tooh, this Kain story with no pinshure is unbelievable

1 Like

Re: From Sales To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months by walterjnr(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2020
Nice. Anyway get your research project now
Re: From Sales To Software Development In Less Than 4 Months by moatacad: 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
@talk2hb1, please see picture on our blog here: https://moatacademy.com/blog/ .
We could not have posted a picture here but a quick search of the interviewee's full name on Google search could have also solved your puzzle.

Stories like this are synonymous to Moat Academy. Have you read our interview with our alumnus, Kenneth who developed and deployed a university portal being used by over 15,000 candidates in less than 3 months of his graduation from the academy. Read interview below:

“…I’ve hosted my first application which helps more that fifteen thousand applicants and a university administrative body manage their screening process” - Kenneth

Moat Academy: Why did you choose Moat Academy for Developers?
Kenneth: At first, I chose Moat Academy because the training syllabus is rich, and the price tag is quite affordable. From my observation, I realized that the training environment is satisfying, and the tutors are widely experienced in their various fields and their training skills are awesome.

Moat Academy: How has things changed for you since gaining the software development skills?
Kenneth: Software development is a very attractive course because the world is gradually upgrading from the traditional ways of life into an automated process. From my experience so far, I realized that any software application built to tackle and solve a problem in our society is 100% welcome and appreciated by the society. After gaining my software development skills with the help of Moat Academy, I realized that commitment is a very serious task that must be considered to enable us accomplish a particular project, time management and self discipline is a big project on its own; how I was able to accomplish and launch my first application was by the grace of God, but I have taken a decision to always be a manager of myself and my activities.

Implementation is not as easy as it was during my training, though my mindset then was that my tutors were pushing us so hard within a short period of time, but being in the field with no tutor to help me manage my time and project is very demanding and confusing, I’ve been very careful.

Moat Academy: What was your biggest fear before coming to Moat Academy and what do you feel about it now?
Kenneth: My biggest fear was to work on an application on my own and to enable it to be accessed worldwide, thanks to Moat Academy’s commitment in my dream. Today, I’ve hosted my first application which helps more that fifteen thousand applicants and a university administrative body manage their screening process. The appreciation/recommendation after using the application is beautiful and encouraging.

Moat Academy: How will you describe your experience at Moat Academy?
Kenneth: Studying with more than 10 intelligent people in my cohort is not an easy task, most especially when you are not getting a particular line of code and others are done with it. But these challenges are what actually brought us closer and stronger together. Thanks to the tutors who always gave listening ears; they always guide and encourage me; I can’t stop thanking them.

The unstoppable weekend projects really gave me a lot of sleepless nights - during my training, I was in a different world, my relationship with friends was cut down to the minimum, most of my friends thought I was purposely avoiding them, they couldn’t understand that I was in the war front of software development. All these experiences are not wasted, and they are actually the fuel to my dream.

Moat Academy: What have been able to achieve with the training?
Kenneth: I’ve achieved so much from the training; Self-confidence, project management, debugging skills, project hosting, development/implementation of complicated application from scratch.

Moat Academy: What advice do you have for those coming into Moat Academy?
Kenneth: Like what a wise man will always say; you have to unlearn to learn. Don’t compete with your colleagues in class, compete with your doubts/fears. Don’t keep malice in a learning environment, always carry an open heart. Malice and anger can only discourage you and you might end up forgetting your initial purpose of learning. What brought you to Moat Academy is nothing compare to what you can achieve after your course.

Moat Academy: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Kenneth: I see myself developing and implementing an application that we need in our nation.

Apply today on https://moatacademy.com/ , let us give you the ‘Moat’ advantage!

(1) (Reply)

Any Visual Foxpro User Here / Pls Read This / Programmers In Ilorin!!!! Help A Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.